main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Broken Promises **Dear Diary 2007 Challenge** Thanks for the nom!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Pilot, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *wild applause*

Fantastic conclusion to a truly wonderful story, J_P! =D=

It was a bumpy ride, but worth every minute. Thank you so much for sharing with us!! [:D] (And I never saw that ending coming, either, LOL.)

@};- @};- @};-

2. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    This was a lovely tale![face_love] If they could not be together, this was a terrific alternative! I really enjoyed reading your work this year, you're a great author=D= =D=

Keep up the wonderful work!

3. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I started this a few days ago, and just finished it.

Great work!

4. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Dear friend you did a very fine job of bringing everything together. I have to say that Mara must not of been on planet or in any nearby star syatem because she sure would of felt Luke's emotions. Plus with the way Tani and Luke were kissing and holding each other, I have to think that the 'grape-vine' was in lightspeed communication. Question. Why did not Luke pick up on that Skywalker genetic life force? If Vader picked up something familiar in Tani's unborn baby enough to go after her. Why did not Luke pick up on the same thing. Especially since she spent alot of time on Yavin 4 as a student and around him.[face_thinking] Okay, okay I need to stop getting so into things so deep and enjoy your wonderful story's conclusion. My nature I am afraid. Super job and thanks so much!=D= @};-

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement! I appreciate it so much and thank you from the bottom of my heart! [:D]

[b]star_wrtier24:[/b] [i]"That was truly beautiful! I'm actually tearing up. Thank you for taking us on that wonderful story!" [/i]

Ohhhhhhhhh!! Thank you so much! I'm grinning like a pole cat right now. [face_grin]

[b]Jade eyes:[/b] [i]"Beautiful and moving and tender and sweet. Thank you. So much."[/i]

Your words mean so much to me! Thank you. [face_rose]

[b]divapilot:[/b] [i]"Fantastic! I absolutely adore this. What a perfect ending! I am so glad she decided to keep her daughter." (I was totally off in the wrong direction, dontcha know, with my predictions. Good misdirection there!)[/i]

Hee! I could barely keep it to myself, I wanted to let the cat out of the bag sooner. But I forced myself to stay mum. Thank you, Sister-pilot! Your advice on tables and outlines was great and made a huge difference in keeping details straight. You ARE the divawriter!

[b]G_Anakin:[/b] [i]"Great, great job!" [/i]

Thank you! And thanks for hanging in there this year.

[b]ginchy lee:[/b] [i]"What a terrific ending--all is well that ends well, with Luke, Tani, and M?andalee happy." [/i]

SURPRISE!!! See why I didn't let you beta (Pssssssst...now check it out for typos..ok??) [face_laugh] Thanks for all your hard beta work this year and for your encouragement. [face_hugs]

[b]Jedi-2B:[/b] [i]"Coming out of lurkdom to say that even though I usually don't read stories with Luke and an OC, this one really caught my attention, and I'm glad I kept up with it. I even found myself wanting Luke and Tani to reunite, though I knew it was not destined to be." [/i]

Thank you! I am a major L/M shipper myself and didn't know where the heck this bunny came from. I knew how I wanted it to end, but I did want people to see that a different side to Luke and what might have been. It means a lot to me when you say you were rooting for Luke and Tani.

[i]"My only disappointment was her thoughts that she'd never see him again. I think they could still be friends. Heck, I even believe Mara would understand." [/i]

My take on this situation was that Luke and Mara could handle Luke's friendship with Tani, but Tani couldn't. She still loves Luke and to try to continue in a friendship with him would be too painful for her.

[b]BigFatty:[/b] [i]"Excellent story! I'm so glad I started reading this. You did a wonderful job of weaving an AU storyline into a canon timeline. I'm sad to see this story end, but I'm so happy with the way it finished."[/i]

Wow! Thanks! I really enjoyed the weaving part, I seem to like parameters set for me even when I write AUs. I appreciate your words!

[b]Golden Jedi:[/b] [i]"Awwwwww, I loved the ending! Congratulation for completing such a difficult challenge and such a wonderful story."[/i]

Thanks so much! It was quite a challenge, but I'm so glad you liked the ending. :)

[b]VaderLVR:[/b] [i]"I'm so sad to see this end, but the ending was absolutely perfect!"[/i]

Thank you! I tip my hat to you in continuing your diary on through the next year. You go girl!

[b]Blue Milkshake:[/b] [i]"Wow, wow, wow!"[/i]

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! [face_laugh] We made it! Thanks so much for reading this past year.

[b]TheOnlyJediPrincess:[/b] [i]"What a perfect ending! You had my emotions on a roller coaster."[/i]

And you hung in there with me! Thank you so much! [face_rose]

[b]MirandaFair:[/b] [i]"This was a perfect ending that wrapped things up nicely."[/i]

Wow! The P word! Thank you, sweetie! I appreciate your support this year. :)

[b]JediTrace:[/b] [i]"Fantastic conclusion to a truly wonderful story, J_P! It was a bumpy ride, but worth every minute. Thank you so much for sharing with us!!" (And I never saw that ending coming, either, LOL.)[/i]

Hmmmm...didn't someone call me the 'Ingenue of Intrigue?' [face_whistling] Thank you! I can't tell you how much your words mean to me. I mean, come on...we're L/M shippers!!! [face_laugh

6. Cpt_Typo

Cpt_Typo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2006
    loved it.

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Sorry I'm late. (Life's been a bit... weird.)

Loved the ending, with the two of them meeting up again as friends. Well done. :)

8. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Cpt Typo: Thanks so much! Strange...I miss writing this sometimes. ;)

Daena BenJen42: Glad you're back! 'Hope the weirdness fizzles out. Thank you for seeking this out and reading. I appreciate it so much! [:D]

9. Jade_Pilot

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks for the nom!! [face_blush]

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Well deserved, gal! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.