main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broken Vows (Post AOTC) - A/P's Marriage is Discovered: The Consequences (Preview for next story!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Scruffy-looking, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Well deserved up.. cant' wait for the MUSH, before we all know it starts to fall apart.

Love it so far....

UP!!

2. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    This is great....keep it up!

3. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Starfighter action, galactic politics, dark foreshadowing, and hints of romance ... this is good Star Wars, and a lot of fun to read besides! I really appreciate your attention to detail.

Do we get a cameo from Obi-Wan at some point?

Faithfully awaiting the next post,

irishjedi ;)

4. Mr_Boba_Jango

Mr_Boba_Jango Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Scruffy,

Thoroughly enjoying your story.

I really liked the insight you made in Chapter 1 where Anakin felt that they weren?t really inflicting any pain on the enemy by defeating their mechanical warriors. The enemy would simply have to cash in some credits to build more soldiers. It would take the REAL pain of civilian loss to bring them to their knees. I can see this as a way for him to rationalize more slaughters and move him closer towards darkness.

Your battle scenes were very vivid. I was with you the whole time. And those things are tough to write. I?ve tried it.

In Chapter 2, your scenario for bringing Padme to the defense of Palpatine was brilliant and logical. Who woulda thunk it!

Great Job Fred. Looking forward to more. :D

5. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Up!

A quick note: I've changed my mind; the next part will be labeled Chapter 3, and not a continuation of Chapter 2. It should be coming out sometime today. Thanks for reading, and stay tuned!

Scruffy

6. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Can't wait! :)

*SB*

7. ANIPADME

ANIPADME Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    UP! UP! and away...........................

I'm a gal, so it's natural that I love romantic stuff too(as well as action).I'am hopping that,there will be some tender moments between our fave couple before everything goes downhill.

LOVE your awesome story pal!!!

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yay, I finally catch up to the sequel. :)

As always, great stuff, Scruffy.

Note to self: Try to keep up more.

As for DRL, I hear ya.

Can't wait for the next postie. :)

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Oh good lord- that was something else. Sorry my eyes glazed over slightly during that reading of ch 2- I felt like I was watching CSPAN - otherwise really intersting, great job of capturing a lively political debate. Your being a poli-sci major shows :)

10. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Whew, this took much longer than I expected, but Chapter 3 is ready! Before I post it, I must again acknowledge my readers! :)

JediSenoj451 - Don't blame Padme for being duped; Palpatine is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. :mad:

ANIPADME - Thanks, I felt guilty after that long delay. Unfortunately, another school week means less time to write. I'll try to post another Chapter before Friday.

I noticed a lot of my previous readers from Love of a Jedi haven't been posting; perhaps because there hasn't been much A/P mush. I apologize, and while some mush is coming, this story is admittedly different--it's about defending their love against others. Hopefully people still like it!

Zam - I can't wait for the mush either! Trust me, I'm enjoying writing different kinds of scene (action, politics, later philosophy), but A/P mush will always bring warm feelings to my heart! [face_love] The mush is coming, not quite in this scene or the next, but it's coming!

Frank1212 - Thanks; working as fast as I can!

irishjedi49 - Thanks; I like the variety that's popping up in Broken Vows, but don't worry, their love is still at the heart of it. And Obi-Wan will play a big role after the jig is up!

Mr. Boba Jango - Thanks for the appreciation! You are absolutely correct in your assessment, although it is not really visible in this story (read my Ep 3 script and you'll see it happening there just as you said).

StarBlazer - Not long now! Sorry for the late hour; I had to do some other things today (apt cleaning, dishes, laundry) that had to be done. But it's coming!

Jedi Suzuran - Thanks for being a beta reader! :) Next post coming soon!

PLJ - :eek: Uh oh, I don't know if you'll like this next chapter then; there's still political debate, but it's not that dry. Think Crossfire rather than CSPAN! :p

I should warn people, the next chapter is a little long and as Morpheus says, "this will feel, a little weird." A lot's being said, but it sets things up for the future.

And please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me for Dallomir; he's not bad, he's just written that way!

11. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Chapter 3

Exiting the Chamber, Padme weaved her way through the myriads of beings around her, many of them trying to get a word with her. She ignored the smarmy remarks from the majority Senators, and dodged past numerous media people and their recording droids. Only when a towering shaggy figure stood before her did she stop. Senator Harprolrawl of Kashyyyk got right to the point.

"Mrophff!"

She was no expert in the speech of the Wookies, but this word she understood perfectly: Why?

Sighing, she replied, "Because as bad as the situation is now, what Dallomir proposed would only make things worse. Not all our problems can be solved by assigning blame to someone or another. The only way we're going to make it is if we work together, and like it or not, Palpatine is the one best able to create consensus. Remember, he is not our enemy; the separatists are. So long as they choose to be so, we have no choice but to resist."

Harprolrawl let loose a series of gutteral growls, but in their halfheartedness Padme knew she carried the argument. Smiling, she said, "Now, good evening, and may your newest cubs be well." With an appreciative purr the great Wookie Senator stepped aside. Bowing, she resumed her way towards the nearest lift. As she waited by the doors, she could hear a heavy, pounding series of footsteps rapidly approaching. Human... a male, heavily built... it's him. She gritted her teeth, futilely wishing that the doors would open in time. They didn't; as they parted, an old familiar voice boomed from behind.

"A good thing you held the doors for me," Dallomir said, panting, his dark red beard and shoulder-length hair glistening with perspiration. "I would have hated having to take the stairs." Turning, she forced a smile. "I would never make you do such a thing, Senator." Not that you need to... she instantly dismissed the thought. You're a married woman, and he's a jerk. The doors closed and they began their descent. Longer than she anticipated, they rode in silence; usually by now he would have been attempting to charm his way into your good graces, or other places... She decided to seize the initiative.

"You made a good argument back there; that's the first time any of us were able to successfully move for a vote against the Chancellor." Beside her, Dallomir shrugged.

"Not good enough, apparently." He seemed unusually cheerful. "Any way, that doesn't matter."

She resisted the urge to let her jaw drop. Doesn't matter?

He turned to face her, his green eyes penetrating but his voice strangely gentle. "How have you been, Amidala? You've been very withdrawn in recent months. We've missed you at the recent Chancellor's Ball. I hoped you would have come, to help take your mind off of recent events..." His voice trailed away.

"I know, I've been busy. Things on Naboo have been very difficult recently, as you know," she said guardedly.

Nodding, he continued. "Of course it has. In any case, you haven't been missing much, it's just not the same without Vallorum; Palpatine is a slave to the duty of the Republic." As are you... "In fact, I don't think he's ever attended since coming to power; always sneaking away, it seems. Isn't that odd?"

"The Chancellor is a busy man," she said neutrally.

"As we all are. But today we should be grateful for small favors." He checked his chronometer. "It is only 1720. I have a suggestion."

I would rather swim naked with an opee sea-killer... "What did you have in mind?" she managed to say.

"Many Senators have been raving about the Inversion; I would be honored if you would join me for dinner tonight."

Under normal circumstances, she would have refused without a second thought, but something about his demeanor intrigued her. Still... "I don't know, I was going to review some trade reports tonight at the Senate Archives..."

Then Dallomir did something unusal: he pouted. "Please, Senator Amidala, just one evening away from b

12. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Great chapter, well worth the wait, as always! :) Dallomir isn't on my bad side just yet, Padmé can take care of herself. :D But it's the foreshadowing that makes me think he'll be crossing that line soon...

*SB*

13. anakin-player

anakin-player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2002
    Chapter 3 was awesome! I have a feeling that Dallomir will discover Anakin and Padme's marriage and use that information for his own selfish gain. The plot thickens...

14. Padme_as_Camry

Padme_as_Camry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't post after reading chapter 2. We had lots of family commitments during the holiday weekend, and I stole in here a few times to read your story. As always, I'm enjoying it. These chapters are starting to create a sense of impending doom. Dallomir is setting up to be Padme's big enemy.

I have a bad feeling about this.

;)

15. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    I must thank you for pointing me towards this story, Scruffy. :)

Much as mush satisfies me, I'm enjoying the political intrigue and war setups you've built up as well. Sometimes it's nice to have an actual plot around the mush. ;) You're doing great so far.

And Dallomir, Padmé's so spoken-for already it's not even funny. :D (Though I'm amazed Padmé let him get even that far.) I'm curious as to how his little vengeance scheme's going to unfold.

16. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    UPity up she goes!!

Good work as usual Scruffy!!

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Most excellent I must say. You captured Padme perfectly. And that Dallomir is really icky! Great job!

18. ANIPADME

ANIPADME Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    A toast to the King of Scruffy Lookings for another incredible post!

Dallomir is such a smooth talker eh?
    He kinda reminds me of Lando.Although,Lando is a good guy and I can tell that Dallomir will become a badass later on.

19. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    "Just remember, she thought as they got in the transport and it took off, keep your hands where I can see them, or you'll have to answer to a certain Jedi I know... "

[face_laugh] Thinking: Anakin opening a can of Wompa Whoop A** on Dallomir...

Seriously, it's a great set-up for Anakin's sure to come jealousy...It's not call "Broken Vows" for nuthin...

Lori

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Whooooooooooo Scruff! Anxiously awaitng!!

21. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Oh! Yet another awesome post Scruffy. :D

I'm sure we all know what information that jerk is going to turn up though... ;)

~*Senoj*~

22. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Up!

The next chapter should be out sometime tomorrow evening. In it: Padme learns Anakin is coming home, and prepares a warm reception. Also, Yoda and Mace have a meeting w/Palpatine, and guess who comes up as a topic of discussion...

Scruffy

23. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I for one can't wait but I guess I'll have to.

24. StarBlazer

Dec 2, 2001
    Uppers! :D

*SB*

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Welllllllllllllllll???????????? Where is it Scruff???? Huh huhuhuhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh??

Waiting.... no patience here....

(DB who's suffering minor WB so she's waitng to see some more brilliant stuf to inspire her..)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.