main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broken Vows (Post AOTC) - A/P's Marriage is Discovered: The Consequences (Preview for next story!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Scruffy-looking, Aug 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArwenUndomiel

ArwenUndomiel Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2002
    Great post, Scruffy! I loved your characterization of Padmé; very realistic. Looking forward to the next post!

2. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    very good - please post soon!

3. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Hi everyone, I'm really sorry for being so late. I've been sick most of the week, and I spent most of today coughing and sleeping. But I refuse to let a little thing like that keep me from entertaining my readers! :) Now, Chapter 4 is finished, and 5 & 6 should be coming out tomorrow and Sunday respectively.

I love feedback, and giving it in return! :D

StarBlazer - Believe it or not, you may actually feel sorry for Dallomir at the end! :eek:

anakin-player - The plot thickens, indeed... [face_mischief]

Padme as Camry - Don't worry about keeping up with my story, family is the most important thing.

'Impending doom'? Perhaps... 'Dallomir setting up to be Padme's big enemy'? Perhaps! 'I've got a bad feeling about this'? Definitely...

alderaan21 - Thanks! :D I know I've said this before, but I'll say it again: the mush is coming! The mush is coming!

I agree, but remember, Padme had dinner with him to improve their professional relationship. She never seriously was in danger of being tempted, she just wanted some company. That leach Dallomir couldn't even do that! :mad:

Zam - Thanks again, always appreciate the bump! How's your stories going?

PLJ - Thank you; I'm curious, in what ways did I capture Padme perfectly? Because I wrote her with some adult-type lines? I really want to know! And yes, Dallomir is icky, but that's a good thing, you're supposed to hate him! [face_devil]

ANIPADME - Thank you; interesting observation, I never thought of it that way, but it works!

lori71 - Hee hee, thanks a lot! I considered writing something like that, but that would have made this story too close to MASTER WINDU's masterpiece, The Hour of Separation. Don't worry, Dallomir will get what's coming to him... ;)

DarthBreezy - Not long now... :eek:

JediSenoj451 - Indeed... ;)

Scruffy-looking - "What a handsome fellow you are; and you write so well!" [face_mischief]

DANA28 - Almost there... :)

StarBlazer - Ups to your up!

DarthBreezy - "Your patience, has paid off..."

ArwenUndomiel - Thanks for the kind comment; it's coming!

Jazz_Skywalker - Thank you, and here it is! :D

Now presenting Chapter 4. You know, I've been waiting a long time to write up my iconsake. I hope I do a great job in making you hate him! [face_devil]

4. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Chapter 4

As the first hints of morning dawn gave way to the glorious streamings of daylight, Amidala strode into her office in the pyramidical Senate Office Building. She was clad head to toe in garments, unusual even by her normally severe standards of formal attire, going so far as to wear a dark cowl over her head. As she walked into the building, she barely acknowledged her guards and staff with a perfunctory nod as they greeted her in passing. Without another word, she hurriedly walked into her office and closed the doors behind her.

It's my own fault, for being too trusting, she fumed as she activated her terminal and began to scan through her correspondence. He is what he is; I only encouraged him by saying yes. Not that there was any danger of her being unfaithful, of course, but that she even risked the possibility still made her angry. Her teeth clenched: It will never happen again; from now on, there is only one who I will ever open myself to. As if to reinforce her thoughts, she pulled her neck collar even higher up, covering every last bit of exposed skin.

Hundreds of messages flashed by her eyes as she reviewed her daily mail. Even now, four months after her visit, words of thanks and appreciation from various people and groups from Naboo continued to filter in. It made Amidala happy to see that her efforts, however small, made some difference. Requests for an audience from various industrial groups and associations, many hinting at numerous sundry rewards in exchange for her support. I thought all the businessmen had left the Republic, she thought sourly. Many memos from the opposition Sentators stating their agreement or outrage over her stand at yesterday's vote. She sighed; perhaps it was not the wisest choice from a partisan viewpoint, but she still believed it was the right decision for the Republic as a whole. She started upon reading the next one: A message from Dallomir? Turning red, she began to read: "Dear Padme, forgive me for last night, please allow me to make it up to you over lunch at the Senate Gardens..." An involuntary snort of disgust escaped her as she deleted the message. Our relationship is strictly professional, and the less I see of you the better. The endless series of memoranda continued to pour across the screen, causing her eyes to blur.

As she began to read the third to last message her breath caught in her throat: a memo from Luke Milstar. Anakin! As usual, it was encoded. Amidala pulled out of her desk their special decoder chip and plugged it into the terminal. After a brief few moments, a heartbreakingly short block of text appeared on the screen, but its words quickly brought her joy:

My dearest Padme, I am alive and well, although it's been a long and dangerous campaign. I have good news for you: my ship is returning to Coruscant for refitting. We'll arrive in about a month, and I'll have two or three days to spend with you. I hope you can have something arranged for us, like last time. Until then, be safe, and may the Force be with you.

With all of my love,
    Anakin

Her heart pounded away in her chest even as her breathing slowed to a crawl. Trembling, she noted the date when it was sent: assuming he arrived on time, he would be here in just over a week. Took longer than last time. Through a variety of contacts and middlemen that Anakin and Amidala knew and trusted, they had managed to construct an unbreakable system of communications between each other, albeit one that was extremely slow. But it didn't matter; she would have about nine days to prepare, give or take a few. Oh Ani, I promise I'll make it up to you for lost time. Closing her eyes, she savored the all-too-distant memories of their last encounter on Chandrilla. We both took a lot of risks that time, with you chancing being caught AWOL from Yavin, and me skipping out on a week of Senate hearings, she remembered mischievously of their passionate reunion. Now

5. Jazz_Skywalker

Aug 3, 2002
    Please please hurry!

6. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Great!

[Lori, having received her Scruffy fix, takes a deep breath and and patiently goes about her daily business...Heck, who am I kidding? More...more...more...more...]

:)

7. Anakins_Goddess_01

Anakins_Goddess_01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I caught up! FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Sorry I haven't been here in a while... I have been going through a hard time.. as you know!

I loved all of it! I can't wait until they are reunited!!!!!!

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Wait wait wait.. that's IT??????????????????
    UHHH NO...... more NOW!! Need mush to survive... starving for mush......

9. Padme_as_Camry

Padme_as_Camry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Palpatine is surprised by the massacre? I had imagined him already knowing- either by receiving an impression of it through the force, as Yoda did, or Anakin having confessed to him, and asked for advice. Surely Palpatine has his finger on the pulse of the dark side of the force enough to notice when "The Chosen One" steps over the line?

Hmmmmm. . . I'm intrigued. . .

Also, I love Padme's wardrobe reaction to her lousy date. The decoding chip is right in her drawer? Again, I have a bad feeling about this. Too easy to find. . . Poor Padme!

10. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Hey Breezy, too much mush isn't good for you! It will be better for you if you are exposed to a more balanced diet! ;)

Camry, good points all. Let me explain my thinking: in order to remain hidden from the Jedi, he cannot use the Force in any way. Therefore, he is severely limited in his abilities, unless he's far away from the Jedi (like in Ep 1 when he and Maul are on some anonymous balconey, and in Ep 2 when he meets Dooku in that abandoned factory).

Also, Anakin has been at the front all this time, and as for the Jedi, it's in their best interests to keep word of this quiet. Only when the Chancellor asks them directly do they divulge the information, and only because they need the Chancellor's support (everyone else, they think, is turning against them).

Finally, it wasn't a date! :eek: It was a business dinner, Padme was trying to smooth things out so that their professional relationship would go better! ;) Only in Dallomir's mind was it a date! Really, how could you have such little faith in Padme! ;)

Thanks for the responses; I'm going out for a few hours, and hopefully I'll get Chap 5 done sometime today. But I need more responses from my readers!

Later,
    Scruffy

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    REspond respond responding!!
    Also digging teeth into the infamous evil thread so I haven't even TOUCHED my own today...

12. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Oh! Now I'm dying for more Scruffy... :p

Heh. I liked the code name Luke Milstar. Clever. ;)

Hmmmm... you have an interesting take on this... making it so that Palpy hadn't been planning on turning Anakin all along... (At least that is the way it appears to me?)

Mmmmm... bring on the mush! [face_love] :D

~*Senoj*~

13. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Scruffy! This story is so well written! Bravo! Bravo! Can't wait for more! :D

14. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Notre Dame at 2-0 and multiple Scruffy posts all in one weekend? Woohoo!

This is great, Scruffy. I am definitely looking forward to the mush ;), but I have to say I really appreciate the effort to make this story completely fleshed out. I feel like, more than just fan fiction (not to knock it, 'cause I've written some myself) I am reading an official bridge novella. Which is great :D You have said before that sometimes you say the dialogue out loud or act out the movements as you're writing, and that attention to detail does come through. Good characterization of the Jedi Masters and the evil Chancellor. hehe. And nice note from Anakin.

The situation was clear: the Jedi Order was in a perilous state as a result of the Clone Wars.

Ominous stuff here. The shroud of the dark side is falling...

Good enough feedback to keep you posting? ;)

15. Jazz_Skywalker

Aug 3, 2002
    please hurry!!!

16. ANIPADME

ANIPADME Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'am currently jumping up and down with happiness due to Chief Scruffy's excellent new post(while peppering Scruffy's face with kisses to make his sickness go away and to post soon)!

I say a loud YAY! because the MUSH is just around the corner and I for one, can't wait for the reunion of our loveable couple.

Get well soon pal!

17. Scruffy-looking

May 26, 2002
    Hi all, I've got bad news; this cough of mine is not getting any better, and it's giving me a splitting headache, so I don't think I can post another Chapter today; rather than leave everyone hanging, I thought it would be better to tell everyone now. :( Also, it seems expectations are becoming sky-high for the next chapter, so I'd better take extra time to get it right!

I'll try to post it tomorrow, but since football season is also starting, chances are I'll be sitting in front of the TV for 8 hours straight! :p Don't worry, I almost guarantee the next Chapter will be posted tomorrow.

Just to clarify; Palpy is interested in Anakin, but he didn't know about Anakin's misdeeds--now, he's very interested. And as we'll see later, he'll start to do something about it... :mad:

irishjedi49, normally your feedback would be more than enough! :) But today, it can't overcome illness, sorry. And it's Mace, not Anakin, who's thinking that, just to correct.

Jazz_Skywalker, lori71, Anakin's Goddess, DarthBreezy, Padme as Camry, JediSenoj451, irishjedi49, jedi-mind-trick, ANIPADME, and everyone else reading along, I'm so sorry! :(

Good night,
    Scruffy

18. Jazz_Skywalker

Aug 3, 2002
    It's ok...just get well soon!

19. anakin-player

anakin-player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2002
    Scruffy

I hope you feel better soon. As for the NFL season, I will also be watching tv for 8 hours straight!

20. lori71

lori71 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Eagerly awaiting next chapter...but, wanting you to feel better even more. :)

Take care and GO [fill in your team's name here]!

Lori

21. irishjedi49

irishjedi49 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    Not to worry, Scruffy, we'll be here when you get back. Feel better soon! [makes some chicken noodle soup]

I got to watch my Niners on Thursday, so I won't be quite as distracted tomorrow, but isn't it great when football season comes around every year? :)

22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Palpatine... :mad:

Padme, hide that decoder chip, hon... :eek:

Can't wait to see the mush post. :)

Great job on this, Scruffy. :)

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Scruff's just doing this on purpose because I said I would have finished my "Rocker Chair" Vignett this weekend. He knows that if I don't have his calgon I might actually settle down and finish it....

:p

I lied, I didn't finish but I did out up a new chapter... Come on scruff.. get better.... Ani needs you in this one too!
    [face_love]

24. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Eck, I hate it when I'm sick. It doesn't happen very often but when it does, it knocks me off my feet. Rest, and get well soon! :)

Luke Milstar, huh? Well I guess we know where Luke's name comes from. Would Padmé's codename happen to be Leia somethingorrather? ;)

And the Jedi Council have just sealed their fate. Nice move, oh wise ones. [face_plain]

SB settles herself for the mush.

BRING IT ON!!! :D

*SB*

25. Drusillac

Drusillac Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    Scruff,

You still amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DRU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.