main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Broncos and Football 2005

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    my playoff predictions:

AFC Wildcards

Bengals vs Steelers - Bengals defense has been somewhat suspect all year, especially closing out the season. Pittsburgh has one of the best D's in the league, and when Roethlisberger is playing, they have few problems moving the ball. The Steelers won a convincing game in Cincy early in the year. The Bengals won the following matchup in Pittsburgh, but they didn't look their best when they did it, IMO. Pittsburgh plays as well as anyone in the league on the road. pick: Steelers

Patriots vs Jaguars - The Jaguars might possibly have had the easiest schedule of any team in the NFL this year. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Byron Leftwich...but they definitely benefited from an easy schedule this year. They've shown their inconsistency, but still came out ahead in a few matches (San Fran). I don't think they have what it takes to beat a playoff team when it's all on the line this year. Conversely, things have really started to come together for the Patriots despite their closing game. Their defense is playing better, the whole team is getting healthier...and these guys are just damn tough to beat in the playoffs. pick: Patriots

NFC Wildcard

Giants vs Panthers - Can I just flip a coin on this one? Both teams have been great at some points this season, and disappointments at others. The Giants are tough to beat at home, but they've also been painfully inconsistent throughout the year. The Panthers' run game has shined and faded, and for the most part leaves something to be desired. Both teams have obvious studs in Barber and Steve Smith. Giants have a few big superstars on defense, but Carolina has a more solid defense over all. In the end, I think Carolina's defense makes the difference. pick: Panthers

Tampa Bay vs Washington - Washington started out the season on fire, then they fizzled...then they caught fire again. Tampa Bay also started out on fire and fizzled a little bit before starting up again. The difference here is that Washington had a tougher schedule. Washington's losses game to Denver, KC, SD, NY Giants, Tampa Bay, and Oakland. Yeah, Oakland...but that's the only bad team to beat them, and that was a weird game. Tampa Bay lost games to New England, Chicago, Carolina...and the JETS and NINERS???!!! San Fran only beat 3 teams this year, and one of those was Houston. The Jets weren't much better. Any time you drop 2 games to 4-12 teams, you're suspect in my mind. Washington wants revenge on the whacked-ass game earlier this year, and they'll take it. pick: Washington

AFC Divisional

Colts vs Steelers - This is Indy's year. Pittsburgh will put up a good fight, and it should be a great game, but I don't think anyone is stopping that Indy offense right now. pick: Colts

Broncos vs Patriots - Why are you even reading this? You already know my pick. But it's not entirely unjustified. New England isn't the same team now that Denver beat at home earlier this year. New England showed that they could play at Invesco, and put up a fight. And now they're a better team. Denver is good. But when it comes to the post season, it's hard for me to pick against the Pats. Plus you all know I'm a Bronco-hater. pick: Patriots

NFC Divisional

Seahawks vs Redskins - Washington is playing good, tough football right now. But Seattle is outplaying almost everyone they come up against. pick: Seahawks

Bears vs Panthers - Chicago beat Carolina 13-3 early in the season. I think Carolina is a better team than that, but in the last few games Chicago has been moving the ball much better. Plus Chicago's defense is just insane. pick: Bears

AFC Championship

Colts vs Patriots - The Patriots have a habit of knocking the Colts out of the playoffs. But this year I think the Colts are just too good. pick: Colts

NFC Championship

Seahawks vs Bears - We all know the old saying about defense wi

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Just saw on the news that the first Broncos play-off game will be Saturday, the 14th at 6 PM.

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Saw some good football this weekend, and some shoddy football as well.

Neither Washington, Pittsburgh nor New England surprised me. Jacksonville didn't surprise me in the fact that they lost, but rather in how they lost. I really expected a lot more out of them, and they essentially fell apart in the second half. Not to discredit Brady & Co., but I didn't feel that they won the game so much on the merit of their strengths, but rather on the uncharacteristic weaknesses exhibited by Jacksonville.

I also didn't expect NY to fall apart as much as they did. Manning Jr.'s just not ready for the Playoffs yet. I will credit the Panthers Defense with playing what I feel is their best game of the season. Granted, I didn't really follow Carolina all that much during the regular season, and the only game that I saw them in during the latter half of the season was their non-event against Dallas. I've decided that NYG fans are basically idiots. I can't believe how quickly they will actually BOO their own team. Sure, I get disappointed on occasion with how the Broncos play, and I might even yell at 'em, but I'd never outright BOO them. No wonder the Giants didn't play for squat, they didn't even have the support of their own fans. Regardless, they were not the Giants team that I had expected to bring a shootout against the Panthers. Props to Carolina though for playing a near spotless game from start to finish.

I'm looking forward to the Broncs/Pats game this Saturday. I've also no doubt that the Pats will be a different team than the one that we faced earlier in the season.

The Broncos haven't won a playoff game since their last Super Bowl victory. The Pats on the other hand, remain undefeated in the Playoffs with Brady at the helm.

Things working in the Broncos' favor:

Home field
    Bye week - Plenty of 'rest'
    Previous victory against the Pats - Confidence
    Strong Defense

Things working against the Broncos:

Bye week - Rest can destroy momentum
    Previous victory against the Pats - Cockiness
    Pats Offense - They're on fire

Here's to hoping for a great game!!!

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Manning Jr.'s just not ready for the Playoffs yet.

This made me happy. I watched most of the games on Saturday and most of the Bengals & Steelers. I really thought that the Bengals were going to keep it together even though they lost their QB. I was hoping it would be the Steelers so the Pats would be here next week.

I will actually be pulling for the Broncos. I am SO hoping it is the Colts & Broncos on the 22nd.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Actually, I'd rather see the Broncs win over the Pats & the Steelers win at Indy, to bring the AFC Championship Game here with Denver hosting Pittsburgh.

Hey, a guy can dream....

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I can understand that.

I want to have others cheer against Manning with me.

7. DarthGrimby

DarthGrimby Assistant to the Assistant to the Head Admin star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    Here's how you can tell I have too much time on my hands...

2005 Playoffs - Tecmo Style! (20MB XviD)

If you've ever played Tecmo Superbowl you'll appreciate this.

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    w00t! 4-0 so far on my picks...lets see if the rest hold up.

too bad I haven't actually gotten to WATCH any of the games so far :mad:

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    The Titans hold the thrid overall draft choice. I am laughing.

10. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    The Broncos will win by 14 this weekend.

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    they will lose by 6

12. DarthGrimby

Jul 1, 2003
    This will be one of those games where the league's royalty shows that they're human afterall. The dynamic duo of Billichick & Brady will finally meet their match. Denver's passing game will open up the run, while the Bronco D will shut down Dillon and force Brady to throw on every down, where I see him getting picked twice. Pryce and Warren will take advantage of New England's inexperienced offensive line.

Broncos 24
    Patriots 17

13. DarthGrimby

Jul 1, 2003
    HAHAHAHA!

Man, I love it when I'm right. What a game!

Broncos 27, Pats 13 Final

Brady: 2 INTS
    Dillon: 57 yards rushing

The Broncos did pass to set up the run, which finished off the Pats in the 4th quarter. And unlike every big-headed critic said this week, Plummer did not give the game away, but stayed in the pocket and made plays. The guys everyone said would be the difference-makers in this game - Bruschi, Seymour, and McGinest - couldn't stop the Denver offense when they needed to and couldn't get much pressure on Plummer.

I know this is my third year in a row saying this, but Denver has a great chance to go all the way. Even if they play the Colts next week.

14. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I quit watching not long after that absolutely retarded pass interference call. That should've been offensive pass interference, instead it sets denver up on the goal line. That was definitely an example of a ref changing the game with a call. I didn't watch much longer after that, so I dunno how the rest of it played out, but the part I watched, the NE defense was handling the Denver offense easily, NE just kept making mistakes and turnovers. That apparently changed toward the end of the game judging by the score, but that's the part I saw.

I don't think Denver will be able to beat either of the teams they might be facing off against next week. They'll have a better chance if it's Pitt b/c of the homefield advantage...but I don't see them beating the Colts in the RCA dome.

Congrats on the playoff win though. That's gotta feel great. I can't remember the feeling of my team winning a playoff game, lol.

15. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Being from Boise, Idaho I have to say I really HATE Jake Plummer (he's a local boy). Go Steelers!!! Go Panthers!!! Down go the Broncos!!

16. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    [face_dancing] Numfar does the dance of Joy!!!!![face_dancing]

I'm really really happy. :):):):):)

17. DarthGrimby

Jul 1, 2003
    Well I love proving you wrong Cory, so I can't wait till next week when the Broncos beat the Steelers at Mile High. But I will agree with you on that pass interference call. That was probably the worst call I've seen all year. It worked in Denver's favor though, pissing off New England and keeping them aggravated for the rest of the game. They really fell apart after losing their poise and exposed a side we've never seen in what has always been a class organization in the Bilicheck era.

I can't believe what the Steelers did in this game today. They came out throwing right off the bat and were up 14-0 before the Colts knew what happened. I can't believe they kept the game close at the end and let Indy get back within a field goal. That interception challenge that got overturned was crap. The Bettis fumble on the goal line instantly reminded me of that first AFC Championship game against Cleveland way back in '86. Roethlisberger saved the game though with that tackle and then we got to see Mr. Reliable miss the game-tying field goal by about 10 yards to the right. After seeing the Colts win in the playoffs the past two years, this was great to see.

Bring on Pittsburgh. We're going to the Superbowl baby!

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I have to say I was definitely rooting for the Colts to win, didn't get to see them play, disappointed to see the final score. Definitely disappointed b/c I thought they had the best chance of knocking off the Broncos (sorry, I will forever and always hate the broncos). Indy reminds me of KC's season a few years ago. Going in w/ first round bye & homefield advantage...and losing their first game. Bleh. Oh well, now I'm a huge Steelers fan. ;)

And you all know my pick of the Pats was based on what I wanted, not what I expected to happen, lol. I really thought Indy would be in the superbowl this year though. *shrug* "That's why they play the game."

19. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Broncos will be playing my all time favorite family team, but I'm Orange & Blue for this game all the way :)

That was a good game, at first I was like, I want to play THAT Colts team [face_devil] Steelers where looking hungry, aren't they better on the road this year? But over all I think we have a better chance to beat the Steelers.

20. DarthGrimby

Jul 1, 2003
    The Broncos match up better against the Steelers, though after the game today you might think otherwise. But the home field advantage will be a huge, um, advantage and Denver should be headed to Detroit after next week.

21. DarthGrimby

Jul 1, 2003
    This just in: I have to work all day next Sunday because it's the first day of a base-wide inspection (which, ironically, doesn't involve my shop). I probably won't be able to watch the game unless I Tivo it. :mad:

God I can't wait to get out of here...

22. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    *****Deep Cleansing Breaths*****

Do you feel better now?

23. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004

They will win by 10 this week.

24. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Steelers 24 Broncos 17.

Think about it, what can Denver do on offense that Pittsburgh hasn't seen from the Bengals or Colts?

25. anthonymaul

Mar 22, 2004
    They can run,and play defense,and get turnovers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.