main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buffy The Vampire Slayer/Angel Into the Hellmouths Of The World

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    James Marsters rocks. A couple years ago I had the chance to meet him and Juliet Landau at a Chicago WizardWorld after party. Now being the big SW geek I am, I had my daughter manipulate a pic of him as a Jedi. He is the visual for an original character that one of my fave fanfic writer's does, Barin Truthfinder.

Well, I took that pic with me to have him autograph it. He showed up at the party and I nicely waited for him to finish talking with anouther fan and then went to talk. My daughter will swear I ran over others to get to him, but that is all a lie I tell you! :p

I open my folder I brought wtih him and pull out the pic of Barin, telling him he's become a Jedi. He's holding the pic and looking and it feels seconds passing and now I'm sure he's thinking he's encountered one scary weirdo/fan.

He turns to me and with the biggest smile and says, "That's so cool!" and for the next 15 minutes tells me the story of how GL's daughter wanted him as Anakin for AOTC, but he was too short and lots of other things. He then asks if he could have the pic, which I happily replied yes to. I come prepared with extra copies. :D ;)

I introduce my daughter and her friends, he notices she has a camera (which I totally forgot about) and asks me if I want pics.

No need to ask twice and we snap a bunch. He was just so damn nice. One of those memories that really stick with one. :D :D

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Another Buffy fan here! Angel was ok - I liked the crossovers, but I was/am a huge Buffy/Spike fan [face_love]...I also really liked Tara - I was not a happy bunny when they did away with her:mad:

Hey Leona, fancy seeing you here! :D I'd love to see a copy of that pic if you have one online?

3. darth-ermac

darth-ermac Jedi Master star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Marsters is always nice, especially to the female fans.

Well, there was a plan in season seven to undo that. The original plan was that Buffy was given one wish. Any wish. No consequences. She could be with Angel, she could bring back Joyce, she could get rid of the First Evil. Instead, she made a wish that was very important. When she goes to Willow at the end, Buffy shows off a new pair of shoes and Willow thinks that she blew her wish on that. But Buffy says no and points behind her. Standing there is Tara. But they couldn't work it out with Amber Benson, so that idea was dropped.

Oh, wanna hear something shocking. Amber Benson is or was dating Adam Busch. Yes, Warren Meers himself. That'd have to be creepy. :p

4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I don't know if I could ever date someoen who killed me. lol :p

~PK~

5. Honor_And_Liberty

Honor_And_Liberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I'm an avid follower of all things Law & Order, and I've never heard of "J." having anything to do with any of the series. :confused:

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Stephaine March from SVU, is set to return as Alex Cabot, in a new spin-off series "Conviction". Richards is playing one of the lawyers in this series. It's in development, but it's got Dick Wolf involved and one of his characters.

7. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    One of many things that has left me happy is the writers of Buffy, now pretty much write on most the shows that I watch. Which right now just consist of Lost and Smallville. A few others somtimes but not often with my work schedule.

~PK~

8. Honor_And_Liberty

Honor_And_Liberty Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2005
    Wow, I don't know why I hadn't heard of that already, but thanks. :)

9. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    If I ever broke both my legs and I had to lay in a bed for a couple months, I would watch Season 1-7 straight on through it all.

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    darth-ermac - :eek: Seriously! How I really wish that had happened...that would have been great.

Again :eek: ,the dating thing is v.weird!

11. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    The Tara thing would have made an awesome ending, it would show Buffy had become a hero that would chose her friends happiness over her own and the whole shoes thing is a great example of Buffy's wit and deep emotion. I am a much bigger fan of Buffy then Angel, I only watched Angel for Wesley anyway.

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Yes, I'm serious. That was the planned ending for the final few episodes of the series. Whedon confirmed it in October or November of 04.

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That would have been a great end to the series.

14. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    lol From the way everyone talked, I thought it was a real episode and I just missed it. So realieved.

I actually liked the ending despite Anya dying. It just seemed fitting that after everything they caused Sunnydale to fall in on itself.

~PK~

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Anya was supposed to die in "The Gift", but a last minute rewrite spared her two more seasons. When season seven was set to begin, Emma Caufeild wanted to leave at the end of the season, but when Whedon said that this was the last year, she agreed to have Anya killed off. Originally, it was going to be Xander who died. In fact, there is a script draft which has that very thing happen. The dialogue was just switched around. Also in this draft, the First appeared as Angelus, Kendra, Joyce, Mayor Wilkins and the Master. But scheduling conflicts prevented their appearences and they only had enough time to film the scenes with Angel that we saw. It was also revealed the reason why the balance was shifted. It seems that Dawn was going be a Slayer, because she had Buffy's blood in her as she was made from Buffy's DNA. Buffy's second death would've actived Dawn, but Faith had to die as well. Since she lived and Buffy died, that messed up everything. This is why the First could find the potentials. And that was Buffy's gift. Her death would give the world another Summers as a Slayer. Dawn was to be discovered in "Potential". But Michelle Tratchenberg declined the offer of a spin-off. Her new friends in "Lessons" were going to be her Xander and Willow. That's why they disappeared afterwards.

Sunnydale being destroyed was part of the original ending for "The Gift" as well, but Whedon decided to save it for last. In fact, the other story for season seven was that Buffy opens the Hellmouth to unleash everything, so that it could be closed for good. But when Willow closes it, Buffy is trapped and dies for good. This would then lead into "Fray" the comic mini-series. Faith would die at some point and no other Slayer would be called for two hundred years. All magic would disappear and all the demons would be banished, save for the vampires. But Whedon changed things around, opting to give Buffy a happier ending. Buffy lives and so does Dawn, Xander, Giles and Willow. "Fray" is still in the future of the Buffy/Angel franchise, but it's a while yet. Whedon came in after Firefly was cancelled and changed the last half of season seven.

16. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    :eek:

All this info, just wow.

I remember when Xandar got his eye poked out and I was so mad. I would of probably been more furious if he had died.

Granted I was upset when Anya died. But not as upset as I would of been if it had been Xandar.

The Dawn thing makes sense. But I don't think I would of watched a Dawn Spin-Off. I think she's probably the only one I wouldn't. But thats probably not true, cause I am a devote fan of Wheadon work. And will watch and read anything the man touches.

~PK~

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    That must've really sucked for Hispanic Man and Goth Girl. :p I would've watched any spin-off, regardless of the character.

I'm still bummed that Anya died. Mostly because the show was Emma's last (and only) major role. :p... :(

You. Bastard. [face_plain]

I think SMG's eight upcoming movies say otherwise. ;) She's even in the lates Richard Kelly movie.

18. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    Why so much hate towards me? :(

19. darth-ermac

Sep 26, 2001
    How about this?

Xander was going to be the one bound to Glory. This is evident when in the first few episodes or so, you never see him and Glory together. The fifth season finale, which might've been the last, was going have Tara die. Willow would go evil and then join Glory/Xander. Buffy, Giles, Spike, Anya, Angel, Cordy, Wesley, Lorne and Gunn would team up to fight them. And all would die, as the Hellmouth swallows Sunnydale. It was changed to just Buffy and Anya dying, but then just Buffy. Angel and his group would go to Pylea. That's why the Darla storyline ended so early and they were just doing random stories until they were shunted off to Pylea, so that they couldn't fight with Buffy. Notice that the timing is just about right.

The video game and novel "Chaos Bleeds" is the lost chapter of season five. It explains why the First became incorporeal, when it could touch Angel in "Amends". In fact, that was the First Evil's goal. To become corporeal again. In the original final battle of "Chosen", The First appears as Joyce and punches her. But it was dropped and we're left with Buffy being run through, then the First mocking her, before disappearing. After the last shot of Buffy, just before the credits roll, we were to see the Hellmouth once again. A shadowy figure was to be seen. Not sure if that was the corporeal First or Lynsey MacDonald looking for the amulet.

Early planned rumors for season six of Angel had a Mad Max style LA. Oz coming to help Nina deal with her werewolf problem. And a resolution to the Fred/Illyria story. Wesley was only killed as a last minute decision. That unlike Buffy, Angel could end on a bittersweet note. Another rumor is that Gunn would be sired by either Angel or Spike, but this time, he gets to keep his soul.

20. jedi_john_33

Sep 26, 2003
    Your knowledge astounds me. Half of this stuff I never knew about!

Where did you dig up these fossils?

21. darth-ermac

Sep 26, 2001
    There used to be a site called TV Tome, which had all kinds of stuff about television shows, including the Whedon ones. But this summer it was bought C-NET and merged with TV.com. Unfortunately, TV.com is inferior to TV Tome.

22. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Wow all this info is great! I usually just read stuff on buffy-guide.com. Nothing more then that.

~PK~

23. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Because we never got the ponies we wanted as children.

24. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Because we love you.

~PK~

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Any word as to just what type of resolution there was going to be to Fred/Illyria?

Just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.