main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Burn! Burn! Burn! (PreAotC/Horror/ OCs, Poof, Anakin, Obi-Wan) **COMPLETE**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oqidaun, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Well, break my heart, oqi-dahlin'.

That was some heavy stuff!

Melted flesh...Badour's prodding... and that line, about his 'being on the edge of' her world... was oddly poetic, for a gortesque, frightening, unnerving death-like scene. The way you wove this incidence into cannon is nothing short of your usual genius. Of course, Anakin would be likely to remember little from that time...so it could get away without mention...

Despite her creepiness, evillness, and, sometimes, ickiness, I can't help but feel attached to Badour. Her comment about being a leveller really sealed my feelings on that--somewhere, somehow, there's some kind of...almost honor.

At least, that's the way I feel. Probably way off as usual.

Anyway.

A spectacular ending to a spectacular fic. Would you please give me a ring when this new fic springs up?

Always your avid reader,
    Fluffy

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Well, well, well.

One very long sitting that was. And one amazing story. I suck at reviews, but this story is fantastic. Parts of it had me gripping my poor laptop so hard that I thought I'd break it even worse than it already is (you should see the screen on the poor thing- I have to carefully resize all my windows due to the massive crack. My dad squeezed it too hard one day, and goodbye, 20% of my screen...). Other parts made me laugh, and yet others made me shiver.

This piece made me like Maz even more than I already did, and that's saying something. So many things to say, but I'll sum it up simply- this story was well worth the read, and I'm glad I finally had the time to sit down and read the whole thing.

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I am humbled as always by those of you who've read my story and taken the time to review. I get almost teary reading your comments (yeah, the oqster can be a sap some days). Thank you all. Thank you.

Bale: Thank you! Imagery is my thing. Badour will not visit your in-laws, but if you leave out some sweets you never know.

LL18: Nawh, no sweetness here. A screaming fit? Wow!! That's my kind of compliment.

LiO: Bad things to bad people and the power of sacrifice. The philosophical inspiration to this story as well as my own world view is Mahayana Buddhism. Thank you for your comments.

Yod: Thanks. Badour is kind of slow moving in the question department. Although she says she knows everything she's a terribly slow typer.

C_A: Thanks!! I'm always obsessing over crossing my ts and dotting my is (although, I never do in my real world handwriting). Mustafar is one of my favorite scenes in the Saga--I had to leave my little smudge.

Rogue: I do my damndest to be creepy. Thank you.

Brightfeather: **tosses a blanket**

Amidalachick: You cried? For who? Thanks for the tears. :D

GAV: I heart truffles! And absinthe and dead flowers and... Thank you!!

A_F: You've really picked up on a little something I've toyed with throughout the story--the contrast between Badour's appearance and her spirit. She really was a child a long time ago and that's something that pops up every so often. It's a strange contrast and I just love it.

Bria921: You think of Badour in ROTS now? I'm floored. THANKS!

P_K: Grazie! Grazie!

Fluffy: Breaking yer heart? Thank you! Your comments left me blushing. AND you're thoughts are right on target. There is honor in Badour.

DWH: You read the WHOLE thing! Wow! Thank you so very much for reading! Maz shows up all over the place--sweet guy, I love him too. Thank you so much!

Ever had something you couldn't walk away from? I have the big plan for moving back a hundred years and writing this fantastic backstory to all of these things that have happened in Burn! (60 Sunrises, which is in WIP stages), but everytime I start to "move on" I end up thinking about Mai and the life that Elitrea gave her. It's weird. At the end of Burn!, I left Mai on Shoda and now I keep finding myself back there with her. You see, I grew up in a similar place--flat, deserty, rural and kind of off kilter. When I went home for the holidays, I was greeted with forty mph winds, a hint of smoke on the air and another very dark story...

4. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    Badour Answers Readers' Questions

Hello. By this time most of you have a decent idea about what I am, unless you?ve skipped to the end in hopes of a simple denouement and found yourself even more confused. I have received a number of questions concerning myself and parts of the story, which beg a bit of clarification as quite frankly sometimes oqidaun tends to be rather obtuse. Typically, I have a very low tolerance to ?question games?, but you have all been rather nice and Correllian_Ale has given me this bag of old candy corn?so, I will indulge you.

1. Where are you from?
    I come from a planet in the Dakari Territories. There was a war, the armies dropped bombs, and we had to move to a little moon. There are quite a few allusions to it in the story Folklore. If you think you're clever and that I am speaking of Kleinadae, you're not quite as clever as you think.

2. Do you have a family? Friends?
    I do have a family. My mother?s husband (who claimed to be my father) was killed in the war (please see the first question I answered) and my real father (a close friend of my mother) survived. I will let you all in on a nasty little spoiler, since it is the holiday season and these candy corn sweets are quite good, the House of Onodashi-Lambarde claims me as their own. As for friends, I never was very popular. I heard voices that others could not, which is not a very endearing trait in small children and Priest (the fat boy with the scuffed boots) pulled my hair. However, I do like Banner Weesoik. His family has always been good to me even if he does not know it.

3. What?s your favorite kind of candy/sweets?
    This sounds a bit shallow, but I really like the expensive handmade kind with the little marzipan flowers.

4. What do you hate?
    I have a whole little list of things, but I really dislike those who are prideful and those who speak down to me. I also hate
    cold porridge and I do not like being trapped in burning buildings one bit.

5. What?s the best way to kill someone?
    I am a fan of blunt trauma to the head. I really like the sound of the metopic suture snapping (part of the frontal bone of your forehead, right above the nose). It?s such a delightful crunching noise--it makes me giggle.

6. In Burn! When you spoke about crossroads to Anakin, which crossroads were you referring to?
    I knew Anakin Skywalker was going to end up Darth Sidious?s apprentice?face it; he made a better Sith than Jedi. The crossroads of which I spoke involved Anakin?s decision to sacrifice his own life in order to save that of his son Luke.

7. What happened to the real Badour? How did you know she was going to the AgriCorps?
    You might want to reread my answer to Question #5. She was a real sweet kid, but terribly thick. How did I know? There?s two schools of thought on this one: A.) I do know everything. B.) Someone summoned me.

8. What did you mean when you told Palpatine, ?The places where the dead sleep are sacred?Don?t disturb the dry bones of those who have gone before you. Placate their spirits with sweets and bitter tears. Remember, they are the ones who have seen the end of your wars.?
    Simply put, I was told to remind Palpatine not to desecrate places where the dead have been buried and remembered. Obviously, he did not listen and then he blew up an entire planet!

9. Did you kill Dezan? Did you kill Master Gooli?
    No. Yes.

10. What?s next for the Herald of Doom?
    I have a rather full plate in front of me. Currently, I am headed back to the Territories to visit some old friends. I have a bad feeling about some things that are about to happen on Shoda.

11. Will you visit my in-laws?
    Bale, review my answer for Question #3 and perhaps we can make an arrangement.

12. For old times sake, what are you?
    An observer, a messenger and occasionally something very terrible. I am the bad thing that happens to bad people. A long, long time ago I was a little girl, my name was Dora and I heard voices.

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    * hands over box of pastel colored marzipan bonbons from Sees Old Fashioned Candies*

You keep talking about thing you were told to do or say- who told you to do or say these things?

6. ceridwen1977

ceridwen1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    wow wow wow wow wow (etc)

That was one amazing story, it took me a long time to read it but I wanted to do it justice. And well, it blew me away! This should be in print... the characters are so detailed, the imagery you use... :eek: I find I am completely at a loss how to describe my feelings about this story. A cop out but there you go, it has done amazing things to my brain.

I loved how it brought the whole ending of ROTS into it, it makes it such a moral issue here because if some of the Jedi knew how it was going to end, they knew that Anakin was their doom then why didn't they say? I sat through the whole end thinking "why"????

And I am interested now in the story of Mai and whether one can simply stop being a Jedi. It is something I have pondered for a while now. There is the sense that once you are consumed by the dark there is no turning back although a Jedi can become "dark." Yet to give it up completely... I wonder if it is possible.

So it is with great joy that I see there is a sequel yay! *scampers off to read the next thrilling instalment*

7. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    I am completely humbled at the number of nominations that Burn! has received. I had so much fun writing this piece. Thank you always to all my readers.

PK: Badour says thanks for the sweets, but she's pretty tight lipped today. What can I say, sometimes she can be a brat. I guess since she's not telling, I'll have to show you in The Keeper of Secrets (unfortunately, you will have to wait a bit :p )

Ceridwen: You bring up an interesting question, when is it ok to turn tail and run like hell when you need to? We often see GFFA from the top down, the folks who can change the course of history, but what about the ones who can't? I'm always fascinated by the little stories that swarm around the bigger ones. I like seeing things from a different angle. A recurring theme that I tried to play into the story--is that sometimes things are simply out of your control and whatever you do to attempt to stop them is not going to be enough, such is the case with Dezan. It's something that turns up a lot with people who've had premonitions and felt that they should have acted upon them. It's the great I should have done X game. It's kind of like having a bad feeling about a train trip which causes you to decide not to take the train. When you find out that there was a terrible accident do you beat yourself up for not warning the others? However, if you think about it would they have believed you anyway? Granted Anakin and the Council could have made decisions that would have completely changed the course of the Galaxy, but what could Mai have done (keeping with the in constraints of her character) that would have had such an effect? As for walking away from Jedi-dom? You'll have to read Keeper to find out. :D Keeper is essentially all about those kinds of choices.

8. ceridwen1977

ceridwen1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2005
    Thanks Oqi your reply captured why I loved your story so much, if only I could put that into words. It's all about those questions which we cannot always have answers to.

Makes the brain boggle.

As for walking away from Jedi-dom? You'll have to read Keeper to find out.

Consider it being done!

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I stumbled upon this story while randomly searching for good stories (I used the list of nominations for the Winter FF Awards, because hey, if something's nominated more than three times, it must be good :p). And I must say that I don't regret reading it, not a bit. ;)

Your writing is superb and I really like your style. It's very captivating, I could see the whole story evolving in my mind as a film. Your characterisations of the canon characters are perhaps the best I've ever read (true, I don't read too much fanfiction nowadays...) and your OCs are amazingly life-like. Badour was creepy, interesting and positively scary. In a couple of moments she reminded me slightly of Alia Atreides from Dune. You're very skillful in building suspense and tension, and all the bits and pieces of the story fell into the place like a well put together puzzle.

I'm not going to attempt to flood you with superlatives, I'll just say that this is the best story I've read in years. And I'll definitely be watching for sequels and any other stories of yours.

*stands up and applauds*

=D= =D= =D=

10. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    Thank you to all the kind folks who nominated Burn! Burn! Burn! for eleven Winter Fanfic Awards! Wow! I am astounded.

As a special thank you to all of my wonderful friends, readers, reviewers and lurkers, I've made a special cheezball trailer. I'm no Taratino, but the music might bring a smile to your face.

Burn!Burn!Burn! Trailer

Once again, I am deeply humbled by your kind words and nominations.

Best,

oqidaun / m. nicholson

11. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I have finally gathered up my courage and resolved to start reading this in earnest. Once I started, I simply couldn?t stop. I read it straight through today. What a ride. I hate to leave such a mousy review on such an incredible story, but I truly have no words. I will can only leave you with my favorite scene:

Slowly, she brought her tiny hands together and began to applaud.

The sound of the child?s ovation chased the silence away.

?You, too, shall come to this crossroads,? the disembodied voice of the girl brushed Anakin?s ear. ?Pray your performance is as noble.?

The pump rumbled to life.

Completely in awe,
    Zonoma

12. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    What a fabulous ending. I just read the epilogue, wow! Congratulations on your awards, I voted for you several times. There were so many wonderful stories to choose from, but your story was just so unique and well-written, that I just had to vote for you. Again, congrats!=D=

13. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Gah, I just stumbled across this and it has captivated me! It is now 2 in the morning, but I have finished, and I can now sleep with nightmares about death. You are such an artist at weaving a story! Not just Badour that's scary, just every factor; the Cult of the Suicide Moon, the different OCs... makes Palpy seem like an anoying bug. Badour... wow! At first, I thought you were going for the lots-of-nightmares, clairvoyant innocent kid who's always blamed for what's not her fault. But I see there's something much deeper, much more ancient going on.

I love the names you chose for your charactors! Elitrea reminds me of Eritrea, the country, and Banner is just a cool choice.

The pictures and poems you have interspersed are really awesome... the picture with the girl where she has her hair tied back makes her look like a mini-soldier, as if she'd been indoctrinated in something so much bigger... creepiness! Your poetry, also... not just the rhyming! such cool play on syllables!

The ending... unbelievably fitting. I love how you didn't destroy her, because, frankly, you can't destroy warnings. It's still ambiguous to me whether she means to kill people, or she just likes warning them. Her last line to Anakin... can he solve her mystery?

14. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Oh, this is scary! I love it! I just read up to chapter ten. That poem is positively chilling. So, here's my guess...Badour is some type of being that incapsulates the vengeful spirits of the children who will be murdered by Anakin? I'll guess I'll have to find out later. Great job so far!

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Hey stumbled across this and just finished it now. just WOW. Awesome writing all around! You don't see too many thrillers around here so this was a great change of scenery! *applause* fabulous work!

16. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Oh wow.

So I was lurking through the OC Writers Anonymous thread and clicked on this in your signature - who can resist a good OC story with fire for a title? :p - and I've spent my basically my entire day reading it.

And, well, I'm pretty much speechless.

This was absolutely amazing. I love your writing, the imagery, the confusion, the dark mood you evoked seemingly effortlessly. You presented an entirely new perspective on Anakin's fall, and I don't think I'll ever see ROTS the same way.

The idea that people saw Anakin's fall coming but couldn't do anything about it because nobody would listen to little people like them - I never thought about it, but it makes so much sense now, especially the way the Jedi Council stumbled over themselves trying to find the Sith that was really right there all along. Nobody would listen; what a tragedy.

I think what really struck me the most were the descriptions of death - it tasting like strong tea gone cold and so on until it looked like a little girl in a black dress. It was really creepy and powerful at the same time.

I also really enjoyed the poems/songs sprinkled throughout, carrying the legend that made the basis for the story. They seem so real as folklore, which in turn makes the story seem so real.

And that ending scene and the epilogue: wow. Just, wow.

=D= Fantastic work, oqidaun. I think I'm going to go stumble upon some of your other work now. ;)

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Here I am, going *** backwards though your stories. ;)

Prologue: What a surprise that the first post involve Badour and she's still creepy? ;)

At least we honor our children. We don?t tear them from their mother?s breast only to decide years later that they?re worthless and dump them off on places like this.?

Another no surprise there, why couldn't the Jedi do better with their children?
    Ahhh, so now I know the history of Banner. That's sad, but why exactly did he leave the Jedi??

Ch. 1 - Hmm, Badour is a Jedi castoff? Still strange and I can only guess that ?She?s doing it again?? is in reference to her. WHoa. She was creepy befor she became a Buning Child, though depending on her Force powers, it may be more sad than scary. :(

Ch. 2 - I don't know what to say at this one. Holy sith?? That works a bit. SO Dez knows what Anakin's to become? And why doesn't he pass this info along? Oaky, I know others won't believe, but still, tell someone.

?You?re not going to kill me?? He spun around and raced down the ramp. Why do I htink he doesn't mean he'll get to live?

Ch. 4 - With nice little conversations like that, it's no wonder no one wants Badour around. Geesh. Let's give some happy new here, huh? :p You know, I'm not entirely impressed that Badour would have such a reaction to the Chosen One... maybe because it only feels like she's found a like soul. [face_worried]

Ch. 5 - :eek: What Jedi just killed himself???

Ch. 6 - Dez??? No, he couldn't, shouldn't have felt such a failure. :_| Mace waited until the lift doors closed and they were once again alone in the Council Chamber. He took a deep breath, ?It wouldn?t be possible for this to be a different child??
    Ahhhh.

Ch. 7 - She certainly does enjoy death and mayhem. o_O ?I?m not afraid of you Anakin Skywalker.? She paused. ?Not yet.? Isn't that revealing?? Ha!! Damn she's good at playing innocent.

Ch. 8 - Collecting his thoughts, the Jedi Master took a deep breath and spoke evenly. ?Anakin, that?s Badour Osel.?

The knot tightened in his stomach. ?Then who is with my Master??

Cue the scary organ music! :D

Ch. 9 - Anakin is quite right in his quesitons as to why two master's after a nine y/o and what exactly is this nine y/o?? Fascinating to find someone more intrigued than scared of Badour.

Ch. 10- Wow, I cannot believe the quick work she made of Gooli. Well, we know more about her now.

Ch. 11 - ?Obi-Wan, mediums are unsettling and can be a bit ?spooky?, yet there?s nothing dangerous about her.? He gestured dismissively, ?You?re probably sensing residual energy or more likely the persistent disturbance in the Force invoked by your own Padawan.?
    Oh please. Not everything revolves around the Chosen One. The girl is dangerous. Grrrr.

She closed her dark eyes against the tears as she realized what she had to do and what it would cost her. Uh oh.

Dang, only the first page of the story and 11 chapters. Loving this more than you can imgaine. :D :D

18. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 12 - Realizing her strategic error, she turned and cocked an eyebrow. ?You?d best take care of those lungs, Anakin Skywalker, they?re the only pair you?ve got.?
    Her continued reference to things he could have no knowledge of yet is damn creepy.

Ohh, Badour is a monster. That whole discussion with Anakin id nothing but create more confusion and doubt in him, not doubt her desire. That really made me feel bad for Anakin.

Ch. 13 -
    ?Yes,? the Quermian master insisted. ?An accident. As you see there?s a broken step.? He pointed to the top of the stairs where several steps had been burned through. ?Master Gooli lost her footing and fell?a sad testament to the hazards of old age and haste.?

What, is he braindead??? Why does he seem to be covering up for Badour?

?I am not in a place to disagree and I accept that.?

You aren't allowed your own opinion???

I feel very strongly we?ll see her again.? He met his Master?s gaze and took a deep breath. ?In fact, I know we will.?

No doubt there!! I'm bad bacause I look forward to it. :D :D

Ch. 14 - The child took another step closer and wrapped her tiny cold hand around the other girl?s arm, ?Because, I?m going to take your place.?

:eek: What a little demon. Though interesting she can't get anywhere without traveling on a physical plane. o_O

?What happens if you reach into the fire to reclaim it now??

?I would burn my hands.?

?Then how else would you ?set things right? here??

Wise woman.

Burn! Burn! Burn!
    Part II: Servant of the Suicide Moon

Yikes, poor Anakin, what a nightmare!!!

Second page done. :)

Ch. 16 - I love the very real and deep wisdom of the old woman.

?I had to return to this place for I am compelled by a vision of my dead student.? She paused. ?I must know where that girl came from and what she is. He cannot rest until I find out. Tell me what is meant by the words Burning Child.?

Ahhh, finally, to the heart of the matter.

Loved how the children were willing to give her information about 'the girl' and how much they did give her.

?The Bastard of Tatooine is in the Temple.? His lips moved, yet it was not his voice.

Creepy! :D :D

Ch. 17 - Ooh look, it's Mai! :D

I?d lose my horns if they weren?t attached to my head. & ?Are you a Jedi or do you just play one on the HoloNet??

Love the use of these lines. Another creepifying story. Nearly chuckled at how calmly Maz answer with ?Sounds like you saw a Burning Child.? Love how he then contradicts his own answer and explains it away.

Yeah, thanks for sharing the true story bit. If I have dreams becasue of this... well I just better not! ;)

Ch. 18 - LIttle post but lots of guts with thinking this is Mai' first encounter with Badour.

Ch. 19 - Fisto's Ghost.. I like that. Although always far more reserved than Qui-Gon had been, Kit shared many of his opinions. adn him even more! :D :D Okay, Kit's reaction to Poof being sent to Abregado-Rae makes him (Poof) all the more suspicious. o_O

Damn, fantastic art to go with Anakin's ghostly visitor. :D

Page 3 done. :D

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 20 - The sly smile, the cold knowing eyes and the way that the Dark Side coiled around her like smoke from an oily fire attested to her gruesome deception.
    What a wonderous description of Badour.

I almost thought the General was going to shoot Elitrea, I didn't expect him to show such compassion.

Ch. 21 - Heh, fascinating little game they play in the temple, though it seems a waste of Mace's efforts. He should know ahead of time what would come of it. o_O Nothing ike a bit of work as punishment.

?You almost scared me to death!? Mai laughed nervously.

The child smiled innocently. ?I would hate for that to happen so soon.?

Hmm, no need to guess who this is.

Whoa, she's copying Badour's journal.. no wonder she'll have so much insight into her. I don't envy that at all. Oh yeah, Poof's an idiot. [face_frustrated]

Ch. 21 - Shades of more creepy. Banner is fully aware of the power Badour has and chooses to tell no one? Well okay Elitrea, but he's not going to help at all.

Ch. 22 - I wonder what Palpatine's view and opinion of Badour would be? OEWnder if we'll get the chance to find out. WHoa, I really didn't expect it to be quite that quickly. Looks ike he recognizes a like soul.. or would it be souless?

ch. 24 - Very freaky indeed. Everytime I think I can't be more surprised or sinister, you post. LOL!!!

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. - 25 ?This is an unenviable situation. We have few options and according to Master Poof?s research this anomaly will lead us to the Sith.? Windu seemed divided. ?Otherwise, we are blind.? He leaned against the stone railing.

Ahhh, so that's whats going on. Fascinating, but this 'anomaly' is also more dangerous then they seem to be willing to admit, or do they really just not know? [face_thinking] Can;t decide who may be more right, but history showed us the Council kept blind to the last.

?Come along, Padawan,? Obi-Wan offered his hand. ?We?ve been too serious lately, our next mission involves pie.?

Very nice bit of humore after the chilling (is there any other kind) encounter Bultar had with Badour.

Ch. 26 - And now we understadn more why Poof commanded Mai to be discreet. Already aware of the Councils distaste for his work.

Whoa, is about all I can say of that post. Really intense.

Ch. 27 - She paused.

?My dear, you only live once.?
    SO did she buy it? I get the feeling she did. Really liked the flashbacks for her Master, very sad that she'd been knighted only recently. The end seemed creepy agian, was that holo pic something real or another... 'anamoly'?

Ch. 28 - ?I don?t know where it comes from, but just ignore it. You?ll want to ignore it or it will hang in your head for the rest of forever.? I have no doubt of that, especially when her words become fact?

Ch. 29 - She killed AMil??? I'd really hoped only knocked unconscious, crack of bone or not. :(

Following Jorgan?s mealtime outburst, Master Windu ordered an end to any further talk of Amil?s death amongst the younglings and adolescent padawans. The talk continued nevertheless. Continued? No doubt it increased.

Vicious little demon is she? Still Mai, is still alive.

page 5 done. :)

21. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm baaaaack. [face_devil]

Ch. 30 - Rarely did the upper levels of the city hear about the goings on in the Bottom, but the terror spread quickly and the rumors of seven miles of dead scavengers proved too sensational to ignore. One hundred and sixteen brutal murders were worth the trip to the lower levels on a slow news day. That seems like personal playtime for little Ms. EvilThang then any particular mission she's on. o_O

I like Elitrea, she's one smart cookie. Hmmm, that's the most humane I've seen Poof. Actually made me like him, nearly impressed me. :p

?Yeah, my Grammy always says, ?Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.?

Very sounds blessing to me.

Interlude - Wow. Okay, I'm now impressed with Poof. Though, if he's seen the future, why isn't he doing more to change the ever changing future??? Just and gosh darn awesome encounter!!

Ch. 31 - Ohhh, how sad that Dezan forewarned her of his ... demise. :(

I find that ironic for a man who will spend the last years of his life haunted by a ghost in a machine.?

That line deserves a WOW!

Ch. 32 - I had nearly guessed the dinner man was Palpatine. Just too damn creepy how easily he speaks with Badour. Even his not bieng afraid is different than Poof's and by far more on realting terms with her. Ha! If only Anakin had made more a point to chase Badour than hand with Palpy.

Ch. 33 - Can;t blame Mai for thinking Elitrea has temporarily misplaced her sanity. I don't know that Badour can be trusted. She far too much reminds me of the Scorpion in the ancient parable of The Scorpion and The Fox.

Ch. 34 - Poot Dexan never stood a chance with a creature like Badour. ?I can?t kill someone in cold blood.? The words tasted like sand.

?I know.? She slipped out the door.

Malignant little sprite. [face_frustrated]

?No,? she responded quickly and sincerely. ?It?s a far greater thing to save one life selflessly than take one selfishly. Master Gooli, right??

I so do not agree.

DOne with pages 6 & 7. Thing is I don't want this to end.

22. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    To all of the Readers who've brought this up from the depths and enjoyed it,

Thank you so very much!!! I'm glad that you're liking this story, because it was so much fun to write.
    All of you are great.

And Leona, the story doesn't really end. :D

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 35 - I know they the Council won't isten, but not to try at all seems wrong. More wrong added with Elitrea's suicide, though there'e no one to disagree with Msai being killed and ... ohhh, so darn complex!!!

Slowly, she brought her tiny hands together and began to applaud.

It does seem like a game to Badour, though I nearly expected her to confess things. Though that may come in the future, when all that's left in that body is Vader.

I can't help but have sympathy for Anakin at this point.

Ch. 36 - ?You helped her.? The soft voice whispered in her ears. ?You helped her save you. You set things right.? Peace washed over her as she looked into the kind green eyes hovering above her. The vision faded with a final warning, ?Don?t ever come back to this place. Leave Coruscant and never look back.?

Wow!

As the blue image vanished, the Nautolan pressed his palms over his face and let go of his composure.

Oh dear, I have as well. That was achingly beautiful. :_|

With an injured howl, she threw herself back in her chair and watched him leave. ?Any being who fears the past is doomed in the future,? she spat.

QTF

?The Jedi haven?t cornered the market on compassion,? Boori explained. ?There?s a lot of good people outside that temple. You?ll start to find them once you start believing.?

?Believing in what??

?Everyone else.?

Again, all I can say is wow as words fail me.

OVer??? Already... but, but I'am not ready for it to be done.

I am surpised to not see Poof's reaction as he hears of his padawan, though I suppoes we can all really imagine it after all this. He'd simply go on, even knowing, which I believe he would know that Mai was not dead.

oqiduan, this was a fantastic piece. Hell, you could take the Jedi out of it completely and have me totally loving it. I feel very bad for not having read this before and been able to vote for it in the awards at the time.

Bravo and I will now have to find everything you've written and sample it as well.

Thanks for sharing such a great story. [:D]

24. oqidaun

Jul 20, 2005
    It's been almost two years.

I wanted to once again thank all of you who've read this and its sequel. [:D]

25. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I'm sorry i only lurk.[face_blush]

...as my moment came ans past, I never found the nerve to post....

But I love it, and the sequel, too.:D [face_dancing] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.