main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Business Meeting: Thursday October 28, Minutes now up

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    To be held in the evening of the 28th of October, at ALZU'S restaurant.

(Please note: change of venue)

There's lots on the agenda to discuss, so I hope as many people as are inclined can attend.

Hope to see you there!

*Derisa*
    Comms, Victory Base

2. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    unfortunately due to previous committments I will be unable to attend.

3. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    What time is "in the evening"? I will be there, just would like to know when.

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Oh der. sorry.

1900 hrs, or seven pm.

Thanks for the catch, Alakin. :)

So far we have Rani, Alakin, Derisa, Haru, and Dave... with definite no's from Sarah and C4.

Anyone else, yea or nay?

*Derisa*

5. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry I can't make this one... ;)

6. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Got it, Derisa. Should be a little easier for me to reach on the bus.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Dang. Afriad I won't be in the neighbourhood then :p

8. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    *emerges from semi-annual hiding*

I am coming!

*scurries back into hiding*

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
  10. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    Hey all!! I wanted to attend but I was asked to fill in a shift at work, so unfortunately Iwill not be able to attend the meeting. Sorry!
    Dave

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    That's unfortunate. Okay, new attendance list: Rani, Derisa, Alakin, Haru, and Vills. Definite nos have come in from Sionnach, Dave, and Randy. Other invites have not been replied to, so there may be a few others, but that's it for now. 1900 hrs at Alzu's people. We'll see you there.

*Derisa*

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    October Meeting Minutes

In attendance: Derisa, Alakin, Vills, Haru.

Event reports:

August 22: Costuming meeting@Sionnach?s
    In attendance: Sionnach, Rani, Derisa, Haru, Robin, Randy.

Snacks of veggies and dip and cheese and crackers were provided by Haru: thanks!

We watched a video of Haru?s, showing the World Con costuming contest from a few years ago: very cool to see what people have done with their costumes. Then we had a look around at the various wonderful creations Sionnach has come up with over the years: (she should do up a website!); and looked over Haru?s extensive Jedi costumes, paying particular attention to her Jedi boot spats: very effective, and seriously on the cheap.

We watched the relevant bits of ROTJ for costume details for Derisa?s planned costume, and then discussed other options for the others in the club. We finished off the event with a potluck dinner of roasted salmon and Greek salad, provided by Derisa and Sionnach.

Sept 20: DVD release party@Lucky Bar, downtown
    In attendance: Kurt, Dave, Rani, Derisa, Fletcher, Randy, Randy?s girlfriend, and a fellow Imperial fan, (pilot: anyone get a name for these last two? I?m so duh!) and several unaffiliated but like-minded fans.

The evening was fun, the costumes great, bar none. We left a few flyers about, and talked to other Victorian fans. Watching the DVD on the big bar screen was very cool! The costume contest was won by Darkside Dave, in his impressive Darth Vader outfit, second prize going to a hapless George Lucas, and third to Randy in his Crimson Empire Imperial Guard costume. Afterwards, Rani, Derisa and Fletch went to Denny?s for a quick bite and socializing.

Forum Stuff:

Banner: All Indy is waiting for is for us to pick a colour scheme. Discuss options to do so. A thread has been posted to the forum: please post your suggestions so we can stop ?borrowing? the Victoria Australia banner. :)

Welcome thread: we need one. What should be in it? Who we are, what we do, when we meet and where, what our activities are, and intros from each of us? Tipoca City has a good one started: perhaps we should take a page from their plan? Discussion to be begun in a new thread.

Upcoming events:

Oct 31: Halloween: (It happened. We didn?t really get together for anything though.We should do something special for it next year.)

Nov 5: The Incredibles, (with trailer for ROTS): (Several members went, and caught the trailer, even though we were warned it might not be attached, so several of us have seen the trailer and the film: see the relevant threads for discussion.)

Nov 7: Derisa?s housewarming party: (Event postponed because of too many boxes in the livingroom: likely December 4)

Some other events were discussed as possibilities, but no dates were set for them. Suggestions more than welcome!

Date? Anime/sushi night: (Sionnach?s house)

Date? Monthly Musiness Meeting: (Location?)

Date? Writer?s Group discussion: (Haru?s house?)

Other Stuff:

Rani sent along a letter concerning her position as CR, and the further direction of the Base. Some disfcussion ensured, but it was decided that without a full quorum, more input was needed. Rani is investigating the expansion of the Victory Base yahoo group for this purpose. PM her for more information, or await your email invite as soon as the group is established.

13. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Randy's girlfriends name is Tanya, the other Imperial dude Is Andrew my fellow 501 member from Saturna Isl, my outfit was the Red Mandalorian, Tanya was in the Royal Guard outfit.

With so much talk about costuming I recommend membership into the Rebel legion for most of you who would like to be jedi, and rebel pilots. It adds alot more power and additional positive credits when talking to event co-ordinators for participation of costumed members to take part in.

Also with enough interest in the Rebel Legion and 501st we can start participating in charity events parades special events and conventions. Next year I hope to arrange troopers and rebels in the Xmas parade in Victoria wearing the little red hats, I think it would be a blast, but I need people and outfits!

Other interests include Hospital visits in Victoria and Vancouver to see the childrens ward, this is something we could combine with the Vancouver unit.... provided you can get any of them in a costume! I also have 501 garrison members in Vancouver that could help out! But again Bodies and outfits needed. If you need help with plans and obtaining of props and parts I can help.

Randy TR-0773

14. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    When considering visiting Childrens' Wards, don't forget Queen Alexandra Hospital here in Victoria!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.