main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I just bought TWO of these...been looking for this Gentle Giant statue of Ahsoka for forever...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    Anyone receive shipping confirmation or anything for the 2014 PGM exclusives? Still nothing here...

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I believe they're having problems because they just updated their website. I haven't gotten anything either.

4. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Thanks. I really want that Amidala bust, in case you couldn't tell. :D

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Sideshow sent out a message that my Han Solo is delayed another month thanks to there being a strike at the Long Beach pier in So Cal. They've got a huge backlog of containers from overseas that haven't been processed. I'm guessing all of our PGM busts are sitting on the pier just waiting to get delivered. Course it would be nice if the new folks who took over Gentle Giant would let us know that...

Samwise_Skywalker likes this.
  6. Samwise_Skywalker

Feb 2, 2002
    Thanks for the info. Gentle Giant has been terrible thus far with communication with their paying customers. This is my first time dealing with them directly and I have to say it will probably be my last.

7. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    It's not them, err well it is but not really? GG got purchased by another company last year - it seems to be the new people in charge who are having issues. Old GG was great - they posted stuff non-stop on their FB timeline and emailed out stuff to their customers. This certainly isn't a great sign of things to come for them though :(

Samwise_Skywalker likes this.
  8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI Rebelscum forums has a guy who works at GG who posts there - he said that indeed the strike is causing problems and they've got some merchandise stuck in customs. They've heard everyone - they're kind of stuck at the moment.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Finally some official word from Gentle Giant about their PGM busts:

As many of you may know, the 2014 PGM Gifts have been delayed. We just started processing the Daredevil Mini Bust today and hope to ship the rest of PGM gifts by late March to early April.
    As a result, we have extended the 2014 Premier Guild Memberships until all the gifts have been sent out. The 2015 Premier Guild Membership and 2015 Gift Choices will be announced and offered thereafter.
    Please do not hesitate to contact customer service if you need additional information. Customer service is available from 9 am to 5 pm Pacific Time.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    OMG notification - Amidala and Luke will be charged tomorrow! Woot!

11. Lord Tatimus

Lord Tatimus Jedi Padawan

Feb 24, 2014
    It's a miracle
    Probably selling luke off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Did anyone else's busts actually ship? I got the big notifications that orders were supposed to process, I updated my CC info - nothing. I no longer have PGM access and both of my busts say "Pending" and "Order again" after them. WTF?

I sent am email to their support group. I also never had my Padme statue shipped to me.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I finally got a message back from my online ticket telling me my CC was declined (WFH?) and was told to call in...uh huh, except that there's no bloody phone number on their website anywhere. I had asked over at Rebelscum and got this number to call: 818-504-3555. Apparently orders made on the old website didn't correctly transfer over to the new site, so if your card info was bad on the old site (which apparently mine was) nothing processed, nor were any emails sent.

I called today and had my 2 PGM busts manually charged w/ my correct card info and was assured that as long as my card info was correct on the new site any new orders done there will process correctly. They're going to be on their way next week....about bloody time!

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    And here they are - the Premium Guild Member 2014 - Queen Amidala & Endor Deluxe Luke Skywalker mini-busts!

It's been so long, I totally forgot that Luke came with a blaster and normal hand also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amidala is amazing. Sorry I didn't get a pic of her back which is every bit as detailed as her front. I'll try to get better pics, it was dark in my office.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    What's that Mr Potato Head next to Luke in the first pic?

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Hee hee - those are my Han and Leia potatoes. I haven't figured out where to display them yet.

[​IMG]

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't seen either of those. I have the Vader one. Leia's lips resemble those seen on female celebs when the lip augmentation goes wrong..

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    They're from the set of Potatoes that were made for Disneyland a few years back. I got them loose.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So I skipped last year for buying busts because I didn't like the PGM offerings. I just signed up again and ordered the Ugnaught 2 pack and might order the Admiral Ackbar that they're producing.

I bought them so I could get discounts on the stunning Rey bust that's coming.

They've also got a Kylo and Captain Phasma that look great.

They also just announced today a limited time offer for PGMembers the holiday bust which is an adorable BB-8! Only available for pre-order through August 10th (guess I'll be doing that when I get home tonight.)

I've been haunting sites for SDCC news and it looks like they've got a Maz and armless Poe Dameron pilot bust coming also. They both look great! My wallet is complaining.

20. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    So far I have Darth Sidious (the lightsaber version), Count Dooku, Jango Fett (1st version) and the McQuarrie Boba Fett. My "get later" list has the SDCC Boba Fett from a few years ago (ROTJ outfit), Maul (first version), Anakin (crossed sabers), Grievous, Dengar, McQuarrie Vader and Snowtrooper, the Royal and Senate guards, and maybe some of the clones like Gree, Neyo and the Coruscant clone. Will most likely also get Kylo Ren, but I'd love a mini-bust of Snoke in his chair, similar to the way they did Tarkin.

21. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I only have the Death Trooper bust that I won in that Star Wars Books holiday contest. I could have picked up a Darth Malak at a convention a few months ago, but that one item would have blown 2/3 of my budget. :(

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah they're pricey - and the newest ones have jumped in price also. But I do think since the new 3D company took over the busts are even more detailed.

I think they're worth the investment though.

I put in some pre-orders - got notification that Yavin Ceremony Luke Mini-Bust will be shipping next week. Can't wait - the Han is awesome.

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Gentle Giant has 3 busts on sale at 40% off to celebrate Mark Hamill getting his Hollywood Star on the Walk of fame.

They've got his YAVIN Celebration bust, his X-Wing Pilot Bust, and The Force Awakens Rey bust all at 40% off!

Also ends tonight they're giving away some stuff!

To celebrate Jedi Day we are doing two great giveaways* !
    Contest #1 - Share your Jedi! Just post a picture of your favorite Gentle Giant Ltd. JEDI statue, bust or jumbo product on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Make sure you tag us at @GentleGiantLtd and use the hashtag #JEDIDAY. One entry will be chosen at random as the winner of one of our new Star Wars Jumbo Early Bird Sets!

Contest #2 - Show us your JEDI! - Post a picture on social media of YOU in any sort of Jedi cosplay. Make sure you tag us at @GentleGiantLtd and use the hashtag #JEDIDAY. One entry will be chosen at random as the winner of an Animated Luke Skywalker Maquette!

Both of these contests end tonight at 11:59PST!
    See below for links to our social media pages.
    *Open to North American customers only. One entry per person.

24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Gentle Giant is offering St. Patrick's Day sales until March 20th w/ some great coupons. Clickeroo!

25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    FYI the Gentle Giant Leia Yavin Mini-bust has gotten a shipping timeframe update. I've got this on pre-order, I'll have all 3 of the heroes once this comes. This is a great set of busts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    DarthJaceus likes this.