main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bust a Move - The Gentle Giant Mini-Bust Appreciate Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Dec 14, 2011.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Gentle Giant is in the process of announcing it's 2018 Premium Guild offerings. They've got 3 items that they've currently announced - w/ 2 more to come. 1 more will be announced today, the last will be on Monday.

First - Spacetrooper Mini-bust:

[​IMG]

2nd Princess Leia Cloud City

[​IMG]

3rd Bib Fortuna Jumbo 12" Vintage Figure

[​IMG]

If item 4 is Star Wars I'll post it later today...it might be a Marvel item.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  2. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Crap - I guess I'll be buying the Platinum line this year....

Gift #4 Amanaman Mini-Bust

[​IMG]

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Item #5 - Darth Maul statue

[​IMG]

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    my one worry is that Leia's face won't be as nice as the picture above is.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's the last thing that I'd worry about, she'll look great. This is their Ceremonial Leia who's coming this year.

cathiecat likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Gentle Giant has a preorder Han/Chewie bust set on sale through today. I need to sign up for the PG - not overly fond of Han's face but Chewie is fantastic.

[​IMG]

They also announced their first SDCC exclusive - a ROTJ Boba Fett Jumbo Figure

[​IMG]

DarthJaceus likes this.
  7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    That Han is... yeesh.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, that Young Han looks nothing like the actor. He looks like the boyfriend from a late 90s Britney Spears video "Shoot me [first] baby one more time!". And why do Chewie's lips look like half a pound of raw bacon?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
    teamhansolo likes this.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    CRAP - Payday I have to pay for my premium guild membership:

Images thanks to Rebelscum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahsoka!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jumbo Bespin Leia

[​IMG]

Jumbo Bib Fortuna

[​IMG]

Amanaman - who I still want.

[​IMG]

Statues

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darth Smurf and DarthJaceus like this.
  10. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    whostheBossk likes this.
  11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oooh the Leia and that Ahsoka are looking quite good!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yep will have to see after payday if I can afford to sign up for Premium Guild so I can get Leia. Vacation cost more than I anticipated....bleh...but worth it.

13. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just put my Premium Guild membership in - did the top level and pre-ordered Amanaman and Bespin Leia Mini-busts.

They opened for sale today the Jumbo vintage Bespin Leia that they previewed at Comic Con today. I have one of these types of figures, I might have to get Leia since it's just rare to get anything w/ her in this outfit.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got notification that the Yavin Leia bust will be shipping soon. They also have a great BF sale for Premium guild members - 60% off in stock items.

OMG I just ordered the Finn Mini-bust. He came up in my cart at $40.80 for Premium Guild pricing. I added on my Premium Guilde $35 off coupon and got him for a total with shipping of $17.69!!!!

https://www.screencast.com/t/cnAcV9LRtfI

I used my $15 off code and got the Kylo bust too for just under $40. Woot!!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Ahsoka bust is live for pre-order - only a .01 cent deposit, she'll be available next year. They're only making 750 of the busts.

Ahsoka Tano, a Togruta female, was the Padawan learner to Anakin Skywalker and a hero of the Clone Wars. Alongside Anakin, she grew from headstrong student into a mature leader. However, her destiny ultimately laid along a different path than the Jedi. From Padawan to Jedi to Commander in the Grand Army of the Republic and ultimately to her role as “Fulcrum,” the head of the intelligence network for the fragile, young Rebellion, fan favorite Ahsoka Tano has deep roots in the Star Wars saga.

The artists at Gentle Giant have pulled out all the stops in creating this realistic take on Ahsoka with white lightsabers and all of the strength and intensity of this powerful and inspiring character. This 1:6 scale Ahsoka Tano mini bust is designed, modeled and prototyped using top of the line 3D technology so that no detail is missed. Whether you own 100+ of our mini busts or if this is your first one, Ahsoka Tono is sure to become a centerpiece of your collection. Each collectible mini bust is hand-cast, hand-painted and hand-numbered with a limited edition certificate of authenticity.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DarthJaceus likes this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    BTW I checked on my order and it looks like she's sold out already. Glad I ordered early.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, saw the article on this over on Rebelscum and it had been updated to say it was sold out. Shame they didn't make more - it's a nice-looking figure.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think they way over produced a lot of the busts from the last couple of years, people are pissed off that they offered the in stock busts at really cheap prices for Black Friday. 750 looks like about the usual going size for Premium Guild exclusives. They didn't say that was what this bust was going to be though. They might've been cautious a bit since she wasn't a film bust. I'm surprised though - she got A LOT of press at Comic Con w/ people wanting her.

I just did a count through of my busts today - I think I'm at 45 at the moment w/ 6 more on pre-order/on the way.

I have my fingers crossed that Kylo and Finn get delivered before I have to leave for the airport on Saturday.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few - Boba and Jango. I managed to get the chrome Jango via a friend who found one on eBay as well. I also have a signed Commander Bly - Forbidden Planet did a signing with Karl Meyer of Gentle Giant in 2007 - a day before Celebration. My bust is 1235/2000.Three hours in line..
    Rebelscum has an article about the signing here. A US friend was with me in line - he got scanned and got a t-shirt. (Gave it to me).
    Here are a couple of pics of the line - end of it and halfway up. I can't see me or my friend in the latter but I remember that guy on his back. We were roughly in that area.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    DarthJaceus and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I got both Kylo and Finn. Kylo arrived right before I left on vacation and Finn was held at the post office so I got him when we got home.

Both are beautiful busts. I'm happy I got Finn, my Finn/Rey shelf felt a little off balanced w/ too many Rey items. The nice larger Finn bust looks great there.

LAJ that line looks crazy

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It was. But at least it wasn't raining. The pub across the street that was at the end of the line did a good business.

DarthJaceus and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha I bet!