main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Busted by Gentle Giant

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Hale_Atticus, Nov 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hale_Atticus

Hale_Atticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Clear off a space in the Jedi Archives because Jedi Master Hale Atticus has arrived!

Anyone remember the Gentle Giant Studios contest they ran at Celebration 2 where you got scanned and 3 people out of the whole event got picked to have their scan turned into a mini-bust? I was a winner and it finally arrived today!!!!

I have posted some pictures of it at this link - www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?UV=395244064860_78298437603&collid=39289437603 (if someone could edit this to make it shorter, please do. I dont know how to do it myself)

I feel so giddy right now, like perhaps when Sithman finally got "teh gunship".

And it fits in so well with the other Star Wars mini-busts. Although there is a slight creep factor looking at myself in a 3-D image.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Here's a link for all you lazy people who won't paste what he posted.

[face_shocked]

I saw that thing a bunch of times all weekend, but never wanted to wait in line to get myself scanned (too many other goodies :D ). But wow, lucky you! [face_shocked]

I want a bust of me. :D

P.S. I feel honored to be mentioned in your post. :p

P.P.S. Were all those other busts freebies that you got for winning the contest?

4. Hale_Atticus

May 8, 2002
    Thanks for creating a shortcut to the pix!

Those other busts I have bought separately. I had heard from someone at the GG booth that the process for creating a bust was around $5000. So I certainly dont mind if they didn't give me anything else as prizes.

Damn thing is, I shaved the beard right after I got home from the event. I only grew it for it. I thought it would give me a more Obi-Wan look with my costume.

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, you certainly look more Jedi-ish. :)

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    OMG how cool!! Rock on! :)

7. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

VERY cool...

-saber holder

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Congratulations! I am soooooo jealous right now! And I must say, they made you look like a real Jedi! :D

9. Grey

Grey Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2002
    That's cool man, I saw that contest at C2 as well, but didn't enter it. Plus, i don't really 'look' like a jedi so it wounldn't have been that cool for me to win...

10. vlps

vlps Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 11, 2002
    so cool....

now I have an idea for a contest... such thing like be in SW 3, just before the release (at celebration 3) , that you do some greenscreen/bluescreen fighting, and you can be a jedi in SW 3 (the winner that is) :)

11. Hale_Atticus

May 8, 2002
    That would be sweet. Have them film you acting out a lightsaber battle then they add in the FX. Then they let you take it home on video or DVD.

I could definately see that as a potential (and feasible) contest event at C3.

12. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    That's really Cool! I feel honored to be talking to someone who's picture I have seen in SW Insider. Very Cool. I have to admit...Either an action figure or a Mini Bust of myself would be the pinnacle of my collection, It couldnt be beaten by anything.

13. Hale_Atticus

May 8, 2002
    Yeah, I almost p****d myself when I saw my picture in the SW Insider. Glad I didn't.

14. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Not to mention that you got Busted after that. OH if we were all so lucky.

15. Vicfett

Vicfett Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    My girlfriend went with me to the celebration and out of all the contest we entered, I didn't win anything and she won a bust of herself. I think it is the coolest thing and I think I am more excited than she is. All the winners look great!!!!

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Wait, so your girlfriend is the girl out of the three busts?

Sweeeeeet! :)

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I just bought the Gentle Giant Yoda bust thanks to Lord_S who gave me the link to titantoys.com where they were on sale. :D

18. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Can anybody post it as an image for those who aren't regesters at Ofoto, teh pic doesn't show up for me.

19. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    So far we "know" two of the three people.....Who is the mystery third person?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.