main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Buying Merchandise Online

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    Any collectors buy SW merchandise online? Which sites do u recommend? Is it reliable? Is item received mint?

2. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    tmingyang - you have intention on buying online? I have not bought any SW items online but have bought other stuffs. But I would not recommend purchasing online cos the shipping cost will kill you.
    I have heard good feedback on stalls like briantoys.com or EntertainmentEarth.com or Toymaniacs.com. These are quite established etailers and you can almost be sure your purchase will be mint to your liking - but, be mindful of the shipment cost my friend. If you can managed to gather a few friends to buy in bulk, the shipping charges may be more bearable when split among you folks.
    Hope I have help you in one way or the other :)

3. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Ya, the shipping fees gonna cost a bomb. Juz wanna c whether any collectors go to the extend of ordering online. My friend's brother juz return from the states. The Saga Line is like S$9-10. But heard that the minus is the receive the latest wave later than us.

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I've always dreamed of buying online, but first must have that credit-card haha. :D

Yeah shipping would be tough especially for us so far away for the states. Best is to get contacts from the States itself. I can vouch for EE but not sure about the rest..

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    If I remember correctly, you can use PayPal to pay for stuffs ordered online from certain website and most eBay sellers. You can put in and receive payment through certain banks here.

And if you got about $500 (OUB or UOB?) or smaller amounts for certain banks in your account, you can get Debit Cards which works like Credit Card but with the money already within the account. Think POSBank or DBS offer that service with just about a hundred or 2 as the starting amount in the card. OCBC got Electronic Visa but all my attempts to register it at PayPal or Y!Auction fails. :eek:

I only bought stuffs online from eBay (online auctions). And shippings always bankrupt me like my Blaster Rifle which only cost US$9.90 but shipping was US$19.90. :( And I paid by CASH with Registered Mail so a bit risky.

6. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I have debit card, but my mum keeps it. In case I spend it lavishly

7. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    My mum says when I go into NS she might get me a credit-card (I don't know how though haha)

:)

8. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Hope I can get back my ATM card when I'm in ns. $330 per month right.

9. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I don't think it's so high.. S$240 when we first start I think :)

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Recruit already get $330.

11. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Oh is it? That's even better! ;)

12. count-cuckoo

count-cuckoo Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2002
    i used to do ebay but i haven't been active because of work. i use cashier's check to pay my winnings. anyway, the best part is that i have a brother who lives in the US, that's the shipping address that i send to the buyer. i just have the items sent here whenever the items are good and ready to fill up a box.

there's only 1 online store that i have used so far: kbkids.com. they sell considerably less than the other online stores. sometimes when they go on sale, you won't believe your eyes: one time i managed to order an ATAT for a mere US$30! so i got two.

amazon.com is also noted for slashing down their prices at very crazy levels but i have yet to order an item.

13. JediDarT

JediDarT Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    $330 a month?
    great =)
    That's more than the money I have in my bank right now!

14. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Yar lor... $330... that't the pay of the CPL...

Tony Tan decided to raise the NSF pays only after many NSFs complained how miserable our allowance is...

But he raise the pay one month after my ORD... Boo Hoo!!!!

15. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Haha..too bad for u :D

But I'm pretty impressed with that pay for new recruits. I'd thought it'd be lower, but I'm glad I'm wrong. :)

16. jedigoh

jedigoh Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Did anybody buy the "Starwars episode 2 :attack of the clone" posters??????

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    JediGoh - Exactly which one are u referring to? If u're talking about the normal movie poster (the painted one), HMV Heeren has those in stock

:)

18. jedigoh

jedigoh Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    yes,it is the one sold in heeren HMV,did any of you brought the poster?

19. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I've got one which TFH brought in, not from Heeren. It's the official print (not a copy) and it's relatively smaller than all the other posters I've got.. that's the only downside. :(

The price was also $20~

20. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Do anyone know how much is the usual 12 inch figures? When will Count Dooku 12 inch be out? Thankx.

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    For the SAGA/AOTC ones, it's $69.90.

I just hope they release the new ones soon, by the end of this month so that we can participate in the Hasbro Contest. ;)

22. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Cool...but then still not quite affordable yet. How about the figurines in the POTF2 series? How much is one at retail?

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    This is a little hard question to answer for me. :p Initially in 1997, it's $9.90 at TRU, $10.90 at other places. Then around 1998, it's went up to $10.90 at TRU and $11.90 other places. When TPM came out, all went up to $15.90 at TRU! :eek:

Now, it can range from less than $10 to over $30, depending on the type of figure you're interested in.

24. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I really like the old POTF2 design :)

All those common Orange and Green cards should just be above ten dollars. Those rarer ones maybe close to $20. Anything over $20 is quite alot, unless it's rare variant like the Bobafett "half-circle" one

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    The Green Card IRG (With or Without Hologram Sticker) is going for $25-35 but I got 4 of them (2 loose) now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.