main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Buying Merchandise Online

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tmingyang, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmingyang

tmingyang Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    What's bank's money order? Some sort of check thingy?

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    USPS I think is United States Postal Service. UPS I assume is that postal/delivery service like FedExpress.

Registered Mail will always cost SG$2 while normal postal to US $1 so that makes $3 to send payment to US. Registered Article/Parcel will cost more, if I'm not mistaken.

Personally, I will not use Bank Draft too as it may mean I need to include more payment (all those sellers on eBay say to include $$ more if using Bank Drafts) but not sure about cashiers check. And the exchange rates at the Post Office always seems higher to me. :(

3. zeroX

zeroX Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2002
    actaully, i don think USPS takes only 4 to 5 days, sometimes it can take up to 2 weeks depending on the state n the postage costs also varies from state to state. Yes, i'm still schooling to answer your question, from tpjc. Rite now whenever i use ebay, i will just get the person to send the item to my cousin's place in texas n wait for him to bring them back at the end of the year, can save quite alot of money. But seriously, bidding can be quite troublesome. You got to keep in mind the time difference btw here n the states. So sometimes, the item you wan actually ends at the weirdiest time like 2 or 3 am. There was once i woke up at 3.30 am just to keep track of a certain transformer which i want only to be outbidded at the last second when my server lagged. The result? Panda eyes....

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    All my stuffs from US came within 7 working days by airmail parcel while my letter to them within 5 working days.

Hmm, bidding at the wee hours of the morning I had done before in my haydays of eBay Bidding (late 2000-early 2001). But nowadays no more time to do so (actually, no more money to spare!). :p

5. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Cool...after all this talk, I finally won 3 bids on SW merchandise. All S'porean dealer. One Boba fett vinyl, one han solo stormtrooper vinyl and a display set of X wing and Slave. All 3 for reasonable prices.

6. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm, I have auctioned on Ebay on bought anything from the net yet. I think I'll wait until I have a credit card at least, and a stable income (like NS [face_laugh])

:D

7. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    Bidding from local dealers still affordable and we can trade with cash. A credit card would definitely be useful for bidding from overseas dealer. Haha, still muz wait until A levels then NS den Uni den finding a job. Long way to go.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Congrates! :) I haven't buy from a local seller before but it's worthwhile some times.

Hmm, I was observing the Boba Fett Vinyl Figure but had cancel it off after the bidding ends. :p

9. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    All my dealings from the states also arrives inside a week's time (ie 7 days inclusive weekends taken into considerations). And when you are dealing with Canadians, it'll take about 2 weeks. I have also deal with Danish before - it tooks 3 weeks from Europe. However, that is the only time I deal with a European and I reckon the shipping can be faster.

You can get brochures of shipment cost from Singapore Post office (or obtain them from their website), its always cheaper to do trading as our shipping cost is much much cheaper than them in the states. Imagine I had enquire a shipment of a 12" Head only from Canada and the quote was US$4 for it when the head only cost me US$5... I can almost buy another with that kind of money LOL!!

10. tmingyang

May 27, 2002
    I have been purchasing online from local dealers. Easier, no shipping and sometimes haggling works provided no one else is bidding for the item.

11. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    NS??? hahaha! that one more like allowance than pay lor...

12. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    bobafett81 - Why do u say that?

13. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    How 'safe' is buying stuff online? I've never been allowed to do it.

14. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Jediclare - when you mention "safe", it can leads to many concerns that you may have... let me anticipate :

1. Will my credit card details be expose?
    Well, this is a constant question I have in mind too... but when you see something you REALLY REALLY REALLY want and its impossible to find in Singapore - you took the plunge. That's how I made my 1st transaction. Its a US e-tailer and its been 1/2 year since... no fraud issues - touch wood :D

2. Will my items arrive in pristine condition (or at least the condition I expect)?
    I would say if you buy from respectable e-tailer like EntertainmentEarth.com or Brianstoys.com etc etc, I should say they send what they mention ie C9 or C10 etc. But I should not comments on smaller eshop as a norm mindset will tell you there will have hick-ups... or is it just me?

3. Will my purchase even arrive? or take long time to arrive?
    Sometimes, its not due to the shipping speed but rather the eshop took their own sweet time to pack the stuffs and send them to the post office.
    My experience tells me that US will take 5 working days (average) to reach your doorsteps and Canada, 2 weeks.
    In my many transaction overseas, there's never a lost package... all my dealings comes through good and perfect :)
    Don't ask me which eshop I visit cos all of those do not sell SW, I bought 12" Military stuffs rather.

Hope your query fits into any one of these 3 categories and hope this is of any help to you :D

15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Sometimes, its not due to the shipping speed but rather the eshop took their own sweet time to pack the stuffs and send them to the post office.

My bad experience concerning this issue; my helmet took 3 months to arrive although I uses Global Prioty (2-3 Days). The seller said he was sick but I wonder why the others gotten theirs on time. And his repeated reply of "will send out within the next few days" didn't come true till 3 months later. If I'd know, I would had taken Airmail instead. The seller's eBay Account later kena suspended anyway cause many others complained about the late delivery or over paying for the shipping. Like mine, at first he said $30+ (Galaxy Trading B4 quoted me US$35 for shipping), later asked for US$40.50. Then on the box said $25+. I wondered what's the extra is for. :(

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    [face_blush] I guess I should've made my question clearer, sorry. I actually meant 'safe' as in whether the credit card details will be safe.

I should say they send what they mention ie C9 or C10 etc

C9 or C10?

Thanks for the info. I'll know more or less what to expect when - or if - I buy merchandise online in the future. :) (Or maybe by then everything will be totally different! :p)

DE - :eek: I hope your bad experience doesn't repeat itself.

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    I've had a no. of international transactions before, but that was no intermediary like Ebay. And that was for cards :D. And yes, I got cheated a few times... :(

18. fajarperdana

fajarperdana Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2002
    Are there any toystore in Asia which sell the lightsaber replica new or seccond hand. contact me at fajarperdana@yahoo.com.

Thanks

19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Caeser Gun Gallery (Suntec City) supposely gonna bring in some of the Master Replica Lightsabres but they are not there when we visited the shop on 18th Aug.

MR lightsabres can also be ordered online through their official website, I think.

If either the Tomy or Hasbro toy lightsabres, check out Hourstor or The Falcon Hanger (website are listed under SW Collectors' Hangout).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.