main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga By a Route Obscure and Lonely - Suitless Vader, OC .... Missing Moment posted 4/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Aug 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I love this warm, tender side of Vader that is starting to emerge

but these mysterious plans have me a bit concerned...

Loved the update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    I totally agree with KELIA's posty...bummer she grabbed 100st spot.

3. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    widow_skywalker posted:

I am so surprised at the little differences between the two versions, yet I can read either and feel the evolution of this unlikely couple. Ree doesn't seek his redemption like Padme, but rather tries to find things to find comfort and joy in her "family" with Vader. Often, fans of A/P bristle at the idea of Anakin with someone other than Padme, and I admit I used to be one of them, but seeing that he is only human, we all know that he would eventually find some form of love with another being.
    Can't wait for the next post!

This story definately proves the exception to that rule. Although I wouldn't call them a "family" yet, I do like that Ree's aim is not to save his soul. It's a sutble thing but it makes the story better.

VaderLVR64, I'm really loving the re-write. You're adding more depth to the story and to both characters, I love it. It's making this more fun to read. I especially like the idea of the Empire marketing Vader as AngelQueen said.

The Sith sighed heavily, drumming his fingers on the desk. He brought one hand up and wearily brushed back his hair. Then he turned his baleful gaze back toward the incompetent guards. His other hand twitched, anxious to take their throats in his grasp and feel their lives slowly flicker out of existence.

However, he had seen the knowing look Ree had given him as she retired. She would be checking on the two guards, whose only real sin was youthful inexperience. Ree would be quite unhappy with him if he killed the guards. He tamped down the urge to kill them anyway, cursing himself for his softness even as he did so.

Damn that girl ? she had gotten under his skin.

But my personal favorite touches are when you allow Vader to be Vader. Vader's not Anakin so I never expect him to give up on the homicidal tendancies( although it's completely comical when he tries) or his selfishness. :D [face_blush] [face_laugh]

bran
    who's too lazy to spell check

4. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    I never thought that I would enjoy the playful banter between anyone but Padme and Anakin but Ree and Vader are actually kinda cute.

You are doing a super job with this version. (like I haven't already said that before)

=D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    To all who have asked for the PM version, I would like to be completely honest and say I'm not happy with it. I am in the process of rewriting the whole thing, so I would like to kindly ask your patience as I do so.

If you would like me to PM you those chapters as they are revised, just let me know. I just feel I can do a better job with it and I want to give it a try! :p

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Take your time, and when they're ready, send them this-a way!;)

7. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Yes, take your time in re-writing them to your satisfaction! I would like you to PM them to me when you're finished, though:).

This was a beautiful post. I love how their relationship is changing, and how it is changing him.

Can't wait to read more!

8. ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Take all the time you need. Please PM me as they are revised.

9. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Wonderful post! I actually think I like this version more, although the other was good too. Vader's and Samri's depths as characters seem more rounded. And to be honest I think using your imagination to fill in the blanks can be more tantalizing. Keep up the good work!

10. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Ohh! I liked that!

?You followed my orders quite well, milord.?
    Ree felt the rumble of his laughter throughout her body. ?I?m glad milady approves.?

Ha! I'd bet anything that Ani is great in bed. He's too hot not to be!=P~ [face_blush]

Perhaps I should refresh your memory

Lol! That's just the sort of thing that Ani would say! Oh!

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    VA_Parky You know Vader, always wanting more! ;)

Kynstar I only wish! =P~

widow_skywalker Yes, no matter how much you love someone, after they die or leave you, it is only natural to find love once more. It will be different, but it is still love.

SandOfDesert Their fates will be made clear a little later on... [face_whistling]

Anakins_Force She's more pragmatic. This is the man she's been given and it is that person she will have to love or not. Yes, you see her the same way I did! :p

Jaira Hopefully, they'll all survive his plan. You know those Skywalker plans![face_worried] I'll PM you about the other version.

Lady_Jade This is just naughty fun! [face_laugh]

AngelQueen Palpatine was never one to pass up an opportunity! And Vader's hot! Not in the Mustafar sense either! [face_batting]

ColdWarrior I'll let you know when the other chapters are ready.

JediMasterRev Actually, I didn't have anyone specific in mind for Ree, but that's a good question! [face_thinking]

dtdang2 Thank you for reading!

Golden_Jedi Actually, she doesn't and that is explained later. Just remember, she's from an Outer Rim planet and was only a girl when all of that happened...

KELIA Worried? Why would you be worried? Oh yeah, Anakin's plans have a way of blowing up in his face! [face_beatup]

merijune Don't worry, be happy... Sorry, I couldn't resist.

_ThatJediScum_ He's no Jedi, that's for sure! ;) There is still a healthy dose of Sith in him.

Amidala66 Thanks, it's been fun to write! Odd, but fun.

obsessedwithSW
    I like adding more depth to these characters, giving them a richer, more complex relationship.

Alley_Skywalker
    Oh yes, he'd have to be! =P~

[b]
    Chapter 10: The Importance of the Empire[/b]

Vader entered the apartment eagerly, his footsteps rapid.

?Ree!? He called out. ?Where are you??

Her voice came from the bedchamber in the back. ?I?m here!?

Muttering to himself, he retreated to their bedchamber. He halted in the doorway, staring at the bed. A profusion of rich fabrics littered the bed and Ree was talking to herself as she studied them. She was to be presented to the Emperor tonight and choosing a gown had proven more difficult than she anticipated. She simply had too many.

Vader stared at her, wondering why she suddenly looked so young and innocent. ?What are you doing?? he asked in a voice that was harsher than he intended.

Ree frowned and stepped back. ?I was trying to decide what to wear to the reception tonight,? she explained rather warily.

With an impatient sigh, he stalked over to the bed and immediately plucked up a simple white gown of Alderaani satin. ?This,? he instructed brusquely.

Samri took the dress from his hand. ?But this one is so?plain,? she commented.

He flashed her a dazzling smile. ?It is elegant and innocent,? he replied softly. ?Just like you.?

Flushing under his scrutiny, she nodded and hung up the dress. She turned to find him still staring at her. Without a word, he yanked her close to him and his mouth closed over hers in a demanding kiss. One hand slid down her back while the other cradled her face.

?I need you,? he panted. ?Now??

She felt her body flying backward onto the bed where she landed with a soft thump. An instant later, he was hovering over her, his face tight with some emotion she could not identify. There was need yes, but something else.

And then he was kissing her and she could no longer think. His touch, both tender and desperate, brought out all the latent feelings she kept hidden from him ? and herself. Along their journey together, he had been transformed from the frightening figure who taken her innocence to a rather confused, suffering man who was not really much older than herself. The scourge of the Empire was a considerate and confusing lover.

Later, both lay ther

12. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

Vader waved his hand dismissively. ?There is no magic,? he answered. ?I was given a gift, through no fault or merit of my own.? He sat down on the bed and lightly caressed her face. ?I?ve not used it particularly well, but I hope that one day...? He shook his head. ?Never mind, that isn?t important.?

I loved this bit. He was being honest about his gifts. I don't see his old arrogance at being the most powerful Force user...I guess losing everything (the things he wanted most anyway) has humbled him in some ways. I really like that he's good and bad. Great update and Palpatine really gave me the creeps--great dialogue for him as well.

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Vader... one can understand why he hates the Emperor. Who doesn't?

Great update!! [face_dancing] Awwww Vader hopes she can love him eventually, ahhh but in truth young man...she juz might all ready! [face_love]

14. DarthNaughtious

DarthNaughtious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2005
    Great update. Poor Samri--she seems rather confused about how important their relationship is to Vader. He cares about her, but does he care about her more than the Empire? And what did he mean by "perhaps one day..."? Is he planning on trying to go back to the light side eventually? I hope so. He wouldn't feel so helpless to change, not being crippled and therefore under the Emperor's control...can't wait to see what happens next:).

15. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yikes! Poor Ree, having to go before that monster! :oops: I was so glad that Vader was there with her... just in case!

Great update! I am really rooting for these two, which just shows what an amazing writer you are b/c I am a HUGE Anakin/Padme shipper! =D= Love this story!

16. jedi_princess18

jedi_princess18 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    Now delurking...

I love this story!! I like anything with a suitless Vader....

Please PM me when you update!

17. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    Another wonderful chapter. I look forward to this every Wednesday!

18. ColdWarrior

ColdWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Another great chapter! Makes me really wonder what Vader's plan is now. I love the way she's getting under his guard more and more...Can't wait for the next update! How are the uncut versions coming along?

19. widow_skywalker

widow_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Knowing the outcome of this fic, I still meander to it every Wednesday when I should be paying attention in history 336... Lol.

Oh what a tangled web Vader has spun around himself and the lovely Ree. Plus, it is nice to appreciate Vader as Vader, and not simply as Anakin being sithly, and Padme redeeming him with her love. I cannot wait to see how you rework the PM version, but when you finish, please let me know.

20. dtdang2

dtdang2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! This is my favorite story on the boards right now! I love your writing, and I love the quiet moments between Vader and Ree. Please PM me your unedited version as you finish them. I would love to read those as well!:D

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    You?re telling the truth,? he said disbelievingly. The blue eyes softened. ?Why do you care what I feel??

Vader seems a little surprised Ree can/would/does care for him...She must be reaching a place deep inside him he didn't think was reachable. And I like how he is opening up to her.

I would love to receive the PM version when it is ready

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    ?You have done well, Lord Vader,? the Emperor said. ?She?s a pretty little companion to help you pass the hours.?

*eyes narrow* Evil old bat. I really hope you get what's coming to you, you creep! Grr!

Samri head the courtiers snicker, but strangely felt no resentment at Vader?s words. To her, they seemed a clever performance, a sleight of hand trick that drew the eye away from the important and toward the mundane. She wondered that no one else sensed what she did.

*grins* So, she sees that which is most important, and can distinguish what is less important, namely, the idiots that surround her and DV. :D

Awesome job, Vader! Very nice post! Excellent! :D

AQ

23. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    When you have finished reworking the uncut version, can you send it to me?

I am interested in seeing how you have reworked it. Thanks

I can't stand Palpy. That scene with Ree gives me the creeps.

Nice job as usual.

24. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Wonderful chapter!!

25. SandOfDesert

SandOfDesert Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005
    Great update !!!!

More and more interesting !!!!o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.