main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C and P] Blaster Making Session???

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Correction, Hobby Town USA sells it, not Hobby Lobby. My bad. :(

On a plus side, I cut out multiple blaster bodies this weekend and some aluminum rails. I only got 1 blaster handle cut, but I gave some stuff to Becca because she thinks she might have access to a band saw. But I did get it planed down to a good thinkness, so it's just a matter of cutting out the shapes I drew on them from the templates.

Progress was made. :D

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Whenabouts were we thinking about doing this?

3. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Seeing as how busy things are looking right now... I don't know when the best time might be.

That being said, I'm trying to fully collect all of the prices and parts lists. I will post them and you can purchase the parts locally, and I'll get the common parts to the next meeting. Then it should just be putting everything together at home and painting it. Unfortunately, it's looking pretty booked up between now and Christmas.

Now, I'm still game for this if we ca come up with a weekend that works. Would you like to do it the 1st weekend of December? 3rd of November?

Also, I'd like to know what you think about the handles. I can get us resin ones for $24 that are VERY accurate. Otherwise, we can have hand cut and shaped wood ones ($ a whole lot less than $24 --like $1-2.) Please let me know your preference. I'm starting to lean towards the resin one after my first handle split and broke on my during installation.

LMK what weekend works for you, and if you're interested in resin or wood handles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.