main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV Art Show Information

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala Starkiller, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I represent two nations!

I am like freaking switzerland...

Well.. if switzerland was Australia and Canada :p

I do like chocolate. And I like peace. And I like analog clocks. I could be switzerland.

2. DarthSnuggle

DarthSnuggle LFL Artist VIP

Apr 6, 2007
    Amy if you are going to claim Australia and Canada, I may as well claim Australia and the US. If we sit near each other, we might actually make one whole Australian! (one smoking hot Australian- rowr!)

I am LOVING your prints its so fun that the watercolors are simply so refreshing! I'm also loving the piece by Mark Chiarello... the 501st Imperial piece!

3. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    and if you guys do sit together and Mr. Raats is anywhere near..you will make one hot Australian couple! I smell photo op!!!

4. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Oh my! I'm getting all hot and bothered just thinking about this.

Someone get me a fan.

Choo choo! It's the thread derailment train...

We do seem to have a lot of artists of various nationalities, british, dutch, japanese, Canuckleheads. This is going to be so much fun :D

5. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    What is this? An artist dating thread now? :p

6. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    With the release of Jan and Amy's, that's now 5 "must haves" and who knows how many others that are dependent on how much money I have.

7. RAATS

RAATS LFL Artist VIP

Apr 14, 2007
    There are still another (around) 2 posts to go Dingo, with people like the brilliant Adam Hughes still missing.

All in all, lots of quality still to go!!

BTW. While we are doing the nationality thing, I can also make an African contribution, so if we carry on we will soon be around the globe.

8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    You really didn't need to tell me that.

9. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    I can't wait to see Adam's print. Seriously. I've had people teasing me, telling me how fantastic it will be.

In fact, I don't know who all is left in the lot, but Adam + Randy for sure haven't been shown, and that is going to be one hell of an update, that's for sure :D

10. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    There are 9 names left that need to be posted..and it is going to be a BIG update!

11. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    To anybody that has e-mailed Dave Dorman and asked him to hold one of his prints: Have any of you received a reply back from him stating that he is in fact holding a print for you? I sent him an e-mail over the weekend asking him to reserve a print for me, but I have yet to hear back from him with a confirmation.

Hmmm...

12. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I emailed him last night.
    I am certain they said over on rebelscum in the art section that he was supposed to be just writing the names down rather than replying back.

13. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I hope that's not the case - how would people know if the 250 print max wasn't reached yet and thus not be able to reserve one? With such a low edition size, there is a very good possibility that 250 people could have already asked for a print to be held. [face_worried]

14. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I would doubt that. Many of the artists at C3 had prints left over after the convention. With Dave Dorman's work being towards the high end of the pricing scale I'm sure there are still plenty of copies up for grabs. Yes, people like it but that doesn't necessarily mean they will buy it. ;)

15. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I certainly hope you're right. Dorman's piece is way too cool to miss out on.

16. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    JJ, I reserved a copy but I'm not expecting a confirmation since he did not state on his website that he would. I believe he's keeping track by writing our names down (see post above.)

He's done this system in the past and it seems like it worked for him. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

17. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Which is Dorman's piece, can someone post the link?

Thanks!!!

18. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Link to Dorman's website and CIV print: http://www.davedorman.com/swc4.shtml

19. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    WOW...That is one nice piece, gets me all chilly inside. My pocketbook is screaming and I have not even spent a dime yet!!!!

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah, Dorman's piece is one of the best pieces announced so far for CIV. I love the wall of Royal Guards stationed in front of Vader as he advances on the Rebel forces. :)

21. RAATS

RAATS LFL Artist VIP

Apr 14, 2007
    I agree, Dorman's piece is just brilliant!!

But don't be in too much of a rush because there are still more artworks to be unveiled..

I have finalised the details on my print:

Luke Skywalker
    39.5" x 9" (Final crop might alter the size marginally)
    100pound paper stock with aqueous coating
    $50.00 signed

At C-IV, I will have a selection of original illustrations for sale as well as some quicker sketches. If time allows, I will be working on another piece on the booth.
    I hope you guys will drop in and say "hi".

BTW, for those of you interested, a bigger resolution image of my Luke piece is posted on my web site.
    Obviously, the final print will NOT have the big Celebration watermark.

http://www.markraats.com/mark_hamill_Large.htm

22. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    That's beautiful! I'm great at what I do but I don't have one ounce of talent when it comes to art endeavors. I'm green with envy. [face_alien_1]

23. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    I am so glad to be part of the Art show this time, I was unaware of it for C3. This is gonna rock. Nice work RAATS, but anything with Luke on it makes me excited...lol.

This is getting better by the minute!!!!

24. Joe_Corroney

Joe_Corroney Artist: -Empire -HNN -Insider -RPG star 2 VIP

May 29, 2003
    Hi Everyone,

My friend Moff_D (hey Kieron!) gave me the heads up on this thread and I just wanted to drop in and say hi. Star Wars.com previewed my Celebration IV limited edition print last night but if you head over to my official site or my Myspace page you can view a larger version of the artwork now. I'll be taking reserve requests for my print as well. Just check out my News section at my official site or my latest Myspace blog update for all of the info. I hope everyone enjoys the new artwork!

I look forward to seeing all of you at Celebration next month!
    ~Joe

25. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Hi, Joe! Thanks for posting! I know there are a lot of fans out there that love what you're doing for C-IV (and all your other work, of course), so we're very pleased that you've "come by."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.