main
side
curve

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    5/3: VK edit to add information....

Meeting at the L in the California Adventure sign at 8:30 AM:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/DCACalsign.jpg]

These are opposite the Disneyland ticket booths. You can't miss 'em :).

VK: RSVP LIST AS OF 4/28. I may have missed a couple who were tentative or otherwise. If so, just PM me and I will add you to the list. Miana may have others, too.

Disneyland - 5/23/07

Jedifan - 1 person
    SWGuru2004 - 2 people
    JedixTine - 2 people
    DarthLudicrous
    JediXtine and Padawan Julia
    CarolynNC - 1 person (tentative)
    Miana Kenobi
    skywalker_1982
    Enji
    LukeSkiewalker
    Mara_Jade_Raven
    Captain_Typho - 2
    ObiAnne
    PadawanBeldaPinik
    Morpheus1977
    Dark Lady Mara
    Grand_Admiral_Grant

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Two words: Star Tours

I say we all go on there at once! [face_devil]

And if there are LOTS of people maybe there can be a group booking to save $$$$.

What day would be good, the Saturday before C4?

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Star Tours & Jedi Academy!!!

I imagine we'll see an Official Disneyland Star Wars Weekend staring next year too!

4. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Should we wear our costumes if we're taking them.

And the Tuesday, that means I'll have to try and fly in the Sunday.

5. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I beleive Disney wont let you into the park with a costume on unfortunately.:(

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Awwww! :(

Still, I'm looking forward to it. How likely is it that we could get group tickets? We could save big on park fees that way.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm glad I decided to lurk in this forum today. Pure comedy gold!

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Disneyland are grumps when it comes to group tickets. If we get enough me might be able to, but we didn't get much luck when we had the unofficial fan day this year and there was a ton of us.

Recreationconnection.com sell tickets for about $15 cheaper but you need to be a member of it (Your Local FF can join it or get your employer to sign up). They sell loads of discounted tickets for parks, shows, sports, movies etc. If you use it for Dinsey tickets it's best to buy in bulk cos there is a conviniecne charge & shipping so you wanna order more.

9. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Disney doesn't allow costumes? Are they afraid of tourists taking attention away from all the furries running around?

10. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    I can remember reading somewhere that they allow soft costumes, just not armour type costumes or costumes with masks.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Ahhh, yes. I forgot that Al-Qaida dresses up as the girls from the Bubblegum Crisis on occasion...

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well FF Sweden is planning to arrive on Monday. Mmm, rollercoasters with heavy jet lag, sounds wonderful.

13. Enji

Enji Jedi Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Yes indeed! :D

I'd love to go, sounds like great fun. :)

14. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Nope -- NO COSTUMES of any type - for adults. No masks, no nothing. Don't even think about it LOL. The only exception -- children under the age of 9 are permitted to wear costumes into the park.

Other important notes:

No group rates except for nonprofit organizations. However, many companies offer discounted tickets - you might check with your friends that work for big corporations. You'll save about $10.

Single Day One Theme Park Ticket - currently $63.00 for adults, $53.00 for kids under 10. Don't know if that'll change by next May.

Getting there -- we've mentioned this on the Fig thread. You can get from Union Station downtown to the Anaheim Station for Disneyland via Amtrak (you would then take a taxi from the station to the park). It will take just over an hour, and cost around $9.75 one way (not counting the taxi).

A taxi ride from your hotel to the park would be very expensive (maybe $45 one way?), but if you have a couple other people with you, you could share the cost.

Hours -- the Park will probably be open 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM. The calendar isn't up yet for May, so this may change.

15. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I was already planning on going this day so I will definitely see you guys there!

EDIT: Through my employer I have access to alot of discount ticket agencies. Disneyland one day is $51 and child is $45. However, it appears you have to be a California resident. Any Cali residents that want to buy a bunch of tickets :D

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'VE made it from Downtown to Disneyland in 30 minute. [face_talk_hand] :p

17. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Yeah, yeah.
    With hyperdrive.
    On a Wednesday night at 11:00 p.m.

hee!

Actually *I'd* like to see a TF.N day at Universal Studios myself, at least for the out-of-town drivers who find themselves dumped onto the freeway from Hollywood and realize instantly they have to cross left-to-right across five lanes of traffic to the exit in about a mile, with the rest of the lanes all going at speeds rivalling the Autobahn. Kinda like Frogger all hopped-up (hah) on speed...now THAT'S entertainment!

Of course you could cheat and take the Red Line, which, uh, stops right there...but where's the fun in that?

MCP

18. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    We were actually planning to go there the day after C4 ended (May 29th)

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    That sucks about group rates, don't they want to ENCOURAGE people to come? Maybe it's because I'm an Aussie as group rates with the theme parks here are fine.

As for tickets, I'm pre-buying even if I have to move heaven and earth as there's nothing more infuriating standing in line OUTSIDE the park when you could be INSIDE having fun.

And I still support going BEFORE, jed lag or no jet lag as it'll be a great way to get together before C4.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    :D Is that through Recreation Connection? We should see where we are at with it next Mar/Apr. Maybe people can Paypal the money and we can buy them in bulk for $51 each (permitted they stay that price) and depending on how many (Rec Creation has a limit but still saves about $10 a pop)

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    If we do it that way we'll have to elect a tresurer, one person to receive all the money.

22. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I'm not sure the name of the website. I get discounts at five different sites and they all offered the same Disneyland discounts.

23. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    To be honest with you the queues are next to nothing getting into the park and also the rides are aswell when you have a hopper pass. My trip is going to be roughly a 14 hour flight from the uk but I am going back in time so I am ok :p

I am all up for space mountain rachel!!!

24. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    I know the sooner plans are organized the better - But .... Wouldn't it be better to wait and see what Off-Site plans that LucasFilm / GenCon has for Celebration 4 (just in case there is a Disney C4 tie-in)

25. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That's true enough; you don't really have to have too much time to order park tickets, so by the time the schedule is finalized, that should be plenty of time to order tickets if there's nothing official. I can't see GenCon doing anything with Disney myself, but you never know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.