main
side
curve

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Thanks for the Amtrak suggestion! That's perfect for me to get from Disneyland to my downtown hotel on Thursday! I'm so relieved to have found an affordable solution, as a taxi would be quite pricy, and public transportation would be a bear with the luggage! Union station is only three blocks from the hotel so the taxi ride won't be bad at all!

2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Sure, I'm interested too. Obi Anne and I can share memories of the non-spoiler forum. I tried logging into my EZboard account the other day and found that the Cantina got deleted for inactivity. :( Anyway, I'll give you guys my cell phone number as the date gets closer.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    That's really sad, even if I guess we are all to blame that it got inactive. I have some of my nicest webmemories from that forum.

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Maybe you guys should make a sign that says "Disneyland or bust" so others can find you. ;)

5. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    My DarkLadyMarasSuck suckpuppet got banned from the JC because someone thought it was a flame name. :( I wonder if the Suckpuppet account still works.

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    This talk of other forums doesn't have a whole lot to do with Disneyland day... back on topic, 'K?

7. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Edit: Never mind.

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Some general things about Disneyland:

[li]Here is a Map of Disneyland that you get upon entering. It shows where rides, restaurants, first aid, atms, restrooms, etc are. [link=http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/map/images/DLPLowbandMap.pdf]MAP!![/link][/li]

[li]Before entering either one of the theme parks, you must pass through a security screening area where your bags, purses and packages will be inspected. (This is a standard feature of theme parks all over the USA these days.) However, once you clear the security checkpoint, you will be able to rove freely back & forth between Disneyland Park and the Disney California Adventure park without getting re-inspected again. [/li]

[li]You cannot bring your own lunch into Disneyland. Stupid, I know, but they will stop you. There are lockers outside the main gate where you can store lunch bags or whatnot.[/li]

[li]Take whatever you want to carry. Lockers are available, but they are about $5, and I think now you have to pay every time you open it and close it again. I suggest a backpack with a bottle of water and a light jacket (it might get chilly as it gets later).[/li]

[li]Strollers and wheelchairs are available for rent.[/li]

[li]If anyone in your group needs a handicapped pass (if they have a broken leg, are on crutches, or a medical condition that doesn't allow them to stand for long periods of time (diabetes, autism, etc)), you will need to, upon entering the park, visit TOWN HALL and receive a special pass.[/li]

[li]With the exception of 1 or 2 areas, there is NO SMOKING in Disneyland. There are designated Smoking zones (one is across from Matterhorn Mountain, another is by the Haunted Mansion, and I think there's one near Big Thunder Mountain). Don't try and smoke anywhere else in the park; trust me; you'll get caught. [/li]

[li]Meals will run around $10 a person, depending on where we go to eat. Bottles of water or soda are usually in the $3 range.[/li]

I know those of you taking a taxi will just be dropped off in the bus/taxi zone, so this doesn't apply for you...

However, anyone driving, here's some Tram Etiquette:

[li]Babies and toddlers must be taken out of their strollers before boarding. Strollers should be folded, if possible. There is one "extra large" seating area per tram car where you should sit if you're bringing a stroller (or wheelchair.) Every tram is made up of a number of individual cars; therefore, there will be enough spots in the tram for SEVERAL families bringing strollers. Riders without strollers should be courteous and sit in one of the "regular" seats...and leave the large seating areas for the visitors who really need them. [/li]

[li]Babies may sit on their parents' laps, but children who can sit on their own must sit directly on the seat of the tram. Adults should take the outside seats and keep kids away from the edges of the tram. There is no seatbelt system nor doors on the tram.[/li]

[li]There is no smoking on the tram.[/li]

[li]Riders must stay seated at all times.[/li]

[li]A short spiel about the park's attractions will be broadcasted on the tram's loudspeaker system as you ride from the parking lot to the "drop off" point in Downtown Disney. [/li]

9. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Thanks for the info! Do you know what we're supposed to do with bags and packages when we go on rides? I might bring a small bag around with me to carry a camera, but I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to keep it with me inside rides.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    On rides, you just hold it. The faster/jerkier rides (Star Tours, Space Mountain, Indiana Jones) have net pouches you put them in. On all the others, just hold it with your feet or in your lap. You can keep your bags with you at all times, no worries; they just check them for weapons and stuff you're not supposed to bring into the park.

On that note, if you're not bringing a backpack and want to shop, hold off until you're about to leave the park. Usually, Main Street (where a lot of the stores are) is open an hour later, and Downtown Disney (right next door) has a huge Disney store (and Lego store!) that's open later.

I don't know if you guys want to go to California Adventure as well, but I'll put that info up too. IMO, it's worth the whole $15-$20 more you have to pay for the park-hopper.

11. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Particularly because of the, um 'libations' there that you can't get at DL. It's a lot quicker than hoofing it all the way to the Uva in DTD or one of the hotels. We kinda treat it as 'Parents Island' from the Simpsons episode. Not quite as frenetic, and the food options are wonderful.

Mary

12. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I bought my tickets a few weeks ago and I did the hopper. I figured aroung 1 or 2 I would head over to California Adventure until 6 when they close, and then go back to D land.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    You go to CAA just for the alcohol? o_O That's kinda sad... :p

14. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I think I'd like to go to California Adventure as well. It's not that much more and probably worth it.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I don't believe I'll be able to attend. While D-land is just down the street from my house, I'll be having classes until the afternoon--and unless I can still manage to get in free, it simply would not be economical.

Incidentally, though, I used to work there as a Cast Member so anyone with questions about the park should feel free to PM me and ask (or ask in this thread, if I remember to check it). :)

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, how can I sneak into Club 33? :p

As for CAA, in my opinion, the extra bucks are worth it for a few things:

* Soaring Over California
    * Tower of Terror (apparantly the Disneyworld one is better, but it still is enough to make me do this: [image=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/legomania5/Disneyland/Random%20Disney/06_26_1.jpg] (hint: I'm in the corner).
    * California Screaming (the only REAL roller coaster at Disneyland)
    * Free tortillas and sourdough bread (I kid you not)
    * Grizzly Bear Run (if you want to get wet)

And a few other things. :D

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    FREE FOOD?!?! That's it, I'm in for sure.

18. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hmm...I hope that isn't the case because I heard the one at MGM wasn't all that spectacular.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, the one at MGM Florida is pretty spectacular... unless you are blase about something that basically drops out from under you... over and over... in the dark.

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I think the biggest difference is that the WDW one actually drops you from top to bottom, or close to it. Ours drops you over and over again, but I think we only drop about... 8 stories? Not the full 13.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So the question came up:

What to wear?

I reccomend the following clothing combo:

T-shirt
    Jeans or Shorts (it should be warm)
    COMFORTABLE SHOES. Ones you don't mind walking and standing all day in.
    Sunglasses
    Hat/Visor

If we want to be cool and all wear SW t-shirts, sure, whatever. There's no real dress code, just be comfortable.

As for California Adventure...

[li][link=http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/map/images/DCALowbandMap.pdf]MAP![/link][/li]

Eh, I'll update with more stuff. There's really nothing different than D-land.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Is it sad that I'm looking forward to Disneyland more than CIV? :p

23. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't know if I'm more excited, but definitely very excited. :p

I might end up wearing a Star Wars shirt to make myself more recognizable (and I'll have my JC nametage, of course). [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/26698339/p4/?158]Here[/link] are pictures of me. :)

24. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'll be there with the family, probably with my Rocky Mountain Fan Force shirt on. Hope to run into you there. :D

25. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, which shirt should I wear - the TPM shirt, or the one that says "got snow?" and has a picture of a snowtrooper helmet?

Oh well, I'm bringing 'em both. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.