main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I cannot see it happening myself either cause this is gencon, but then in another sense if I remember rightly there was mentioning of events taking place around the convention days which would odviously be done off lucasfilms own back so it may mean a star wars day at disneyland.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    That's true, the announcement "way back when" said events would be planned for the whole week prior to the start of the convention. Again, I guess it's hurry up and wait :).

3. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I like the term "way back then" it must be soon getting onto nearly a year now that I knew it was in LA :p
    I cannot imagine it will not be much longer till they put the website up for C4, afterall they put the website up for celebration europe on monday/tuesday it was one of those days, not much information on there if not any at all only theres a email sign up link to recieve updates on celebration europe.

4. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Why am I not surprised you started this thread! ;)

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I would love to meet up at Disneyland, however, cant fly out till wednesday, so if we pick a date after the convention is over then maybe I can meet up with you guys.

Hope to see ya there!!!

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well now that Disneyland has the Jedi Training Academy, I'm hoping we will be seeing a lot more SW fans flooding into the gates, especially around C4. :D

7. The_Led_Jedi

The_Led_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2006
    Does Disneyland have rollercoasters?:p

I'm there.

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Lots of attractions, including roller coasters in the park and at California Adventure. If you want to go to both, you'll need a Park Hopper ticket.

9. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You need to go to california adventure and have a golf ball nearly hit you and smell the lovely scent of oranges.

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

Best ride of CAA, IMO. :D

To expand on that, Disneyland is now two parks, similar to Disney World. There is Disneyland, then about 100 yards away (right across from the main entrance) is Disney's California Adventure. Not as famous as Disneyland, but has some good things (like the FREE TORTILLAS!) and is mostly centered around California landmarks and such.

Disneyland does not have roller coasters, persay. There is only one in California Adventure and it has one loop.

Disneyland is moreso a family park than a thrill rides parks. However, you can still enjoy all the rides.

Here's some of my favorite rides/attractions:

California Adventure:

*Hollywood Tower of Terror - relatively new to the park, based off of the one in Disneyworld. Enter the Twillight Zone and plunge 13 stories in an old elevator.

*Soarin' Over California - this is the best ride, IMO, and it's not really a ride. You enter a giant airplane hanger and sit in a simple seat (buckled in). There are three rows and you lift off to get vertical (one over the other). Projected onto a huge bowl screen is the ride; you are soaring over California's famous environments. It's only made wonderful by the special effects; you feel air blown into your face and smell everything: from the salty ocean to the Redwood forest to the vast Orange groves.

*California Screamin' - The one roller coaster in the park. Pretty fun.

*Aladdin Broadway show at the Hyperion - this 45 minute mini broadway of Aladdin is still a favorite of mine due to the hilarious Genie, great jokes, and constantly updated jokes to reflect new happenings in the world and entertainment.

There's a lot more to do in CAA, but I prefer Disneyland by far.

Disneyland:

*Space Mountain - a high speed roller coaster (no loops) in the dark to make it look like you're zooming through space. This ride was closed for nearly a decade and reopened last summer better than ever. It's a smooth ride and even better if you wear really dark sunglasses so you can't see anything.

*Star Tours - okay, so I can quote the entire ride and know where all the moves are, but it's still a blast. This motion simulator is flown by your trusty droid pilot Rex as you head for the Forest Moon of Endor - via a comet field and the trench on the Death Star. I'm still mad that you never actually land on Endor.

*Matterhorn - This ride is not for you if you are sore. A very jerky bobsled ride through the Matterhorn Mountain. Watch out for <s>wampas</s> snow monsters.

*Tea Cups - CLASSIC. Spin yourself sick in this Alice and Wonderland ride.

*Jungle Cruise - Ah, the never ending ride of bad puns and jokes. A boat ride through the jungles of South America and Africa, but the real attraction is seeing if the tour guide is funny or not.

*Indiana Jones - a bumpy ride through a forbidden temple. Great fun. And snakes... why'd it have to be snakes.

*Big Thunder Mountain - A faster roller coaster on a runaway train through the old West.

*Pirates of the Caribbean - Classic Disney ride that has an insane number of small references in the Pirates movies. Plus, they've recently added Jack Sparrow, Barbossa, and Davey Jones to the ride.

*The Haunted Mansion - A slow trip through a haunted mansion full of 999 Happy Haunts, but there's always room for one more. From October to January, it is decked out with Nightmare Before Christmas and is awesome.

*Splash Mountain - The longest wait as Disneyland for a 50 foot plunge in a log. Great fun as you follow the story of Song of the South.

*Peter Pan - a kid's ride in Fantasyland with a 2 hour wait that is SO worth it. Fly over London and Neverland in a flying pirates ship.

*Fantasmic - this show twice a night on the Rivers of America is still a favorite of mine, even though I've seen it hundreds of times. Pirates, dra

11. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    *cough cough* the Enchanted Tiki Room *cough cough* :p

12. Korran_Kuat

Korran_Kuat Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2004
    Well Disneyland sounds good, as this is going to be my first time in California, and i want to do as many of the touristy things i can.

I'm new to these bord, so excuse me, but can anybody let me know how to join my local FF?

Thnks
    Pete

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Welcome, Korran AKA Pete!

Looking at your previous posts, here's the link for Fan Force Spain: FF Spain

14. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Disneyland in california rocks, its better than the one if paris I think.

You live in spain from what you said in another thread right???
    If you go into the fanforce boards list there is a spanish fanforce you want to pm someone named pirry he is the CR for the spanish fanforce and I am sure he will tell you about meetings and so forth then away you go :D

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_plain] Evil person. Just toss in It's a Small World while you're at it.

:p

16. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    SPACE MOUNTAIN! 4tw~

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Lol rachel
    You know I see this thread in the list and noticed tony posted and thought straight away hmmmm I bet the word space mountain is used :p
    Yes 4 times on the space mountain sounds good to me [face_whistling]

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_laugh]

That's cuz Space Mountain is awesome. We only went on it like.. 3 times the day we went with you. :p

19. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well the 3 times in a day record needs to be broken then :p
    I know it ruins the whole idea of space mountain but I wonder what its like to go on that ride with the lights on instead of it being all pitch dark :D

20. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Trust me Ben, its 10x more terrrifying

21. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004

This post has been edited by VK to remove the drinking references.

Trattoria -- upscale restaurant in DCA open evenings only. Mostly prix fixe service which is pricy BUT is fabulous food and the BEST view of the Electrical Parade, so throw down for it (make reservations!).

FULL SIT-DOWN BAR SERVICE:
    Ariel's Grotto over near California Screaming. The restaurant can be extremely noisy with small children.

A MORE SERENE SIT-DOWN BAR SERVICE:
    Napa Rose Restaurant, 5-10 p.m. daily. Best part for us: Watching big families with young kids and 1-2 strollers in tow, come in, gawp at the menu (and its prices), do a 180 and cruise right out. This is a five-star restaurant but you do NOT have to dress to impress unless you want to -- they treat you right either way. A la carte or prix fixe menu, or bar appetizers (our favorite: "Diligently selected cheeses." Not making that up). It's not cheap, nor should it be. Lots of celebrity sightings. We saw William Shatner there being very happy-drunk last June. You can't pay for entertainment like that. Johnny Depp is a well-known regular at the hotel.

BEST CHICKEN NUGGETS *EVER*
    Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand Californian. They make these mickey-shaped nuggets that are absolutely sublime, and I live with someone who is absolutely fierce about her nugget quality. No frozen-food or chain-store can touch them. They have a really nice buffet dinner for about $25 per adult, with prime rib, comfort foods, etc. Good if you want something nice but can't quite hack Napa Rose. Reservations HIGHLY recommended for dinner, as that's where all the NR's-too-expensive people go...

The Parrot

22. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    What's the deal with the water parks? I know there are a few, are they in CA?

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    There is a Raging Waters in San Dimas, about 30 miles east of downtown L.A. It will open for the season around Memorial Day next year.

Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is next to Six Flags Magic Mountain, north of L.A. about 35 miles. It will also open again in May.

Finally, there is Soak City in Buena Park, next to Knott's Berry Farm, about 25 miles from downtown.

24. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Raging Waters...is that AKA Waterloo? :p

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YES. :D Though it's had it's makeover since Napoleon was there. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.