main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Should we first have a "Whose coming to Disneyland" list/thread? Then plan from there?

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll change the title, and move this up to the front of the thread.

3. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Guru + 1 Guest

4. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Val, I knew that you would eventually come and rescue me. You're awesome!

Thanks! =D=

At this time, the Disneyland website doesn't have the calendar up for May. It only goes through April. The restaraunts and such in the park open when the park does. They may have a special breakfast event you can buy, but I didn't check into it.

I also tried to find out what time the food places open in Downtown Disney. "Times vary by site" was all I found. I checked a few of the prices. They're cheaper at the Bakery than the Rain Forest Cafe. I don't know the name of the hotel that's right in the middle DtY, but they serve an incredible breakfast buffet!! =P~ It's expensive, but really yummy!

Anyway, we'll have to look into where to eat some more once it gets a little closer. This is where I got the above info.

5. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Heh...I never plan my trips that much. I just decide to go, and we go. So much simplier. But with a large crowd it is essential.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Does that mean you're not gettin' your name on the list until May 22? :D Just make sure you bring your camera!!!

7. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Well you can definately count me in. (As a take on the Superbowl Commerical) "Darth Ludicrous, now that you have your CIV tickets what are you going to do first?" "I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!"

I do like MrCottonsParrot idea of the Metrolink/Art system to get to Disneyland, especially since I not renting a car.

Although it would be really cool to have a breakfast in Disneyland it is always more expensive inside the park than out, because they know you are not going anywhere else to eat. Don't they have one of those Character Breakfasts? The ones where Mickey, Minnie, Donald et al walk around and you can get pictures of them.

DarthLudicrous

8. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    JediXtine and Padawan Julia will be attending!

9. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Disneyland -5/23/07

Jedifan - 1 person
    SWGuru2004 - 2 people
    JedixTine - 2 people
    DarthLudicrous
    JediXtine and Padawan Julia
    CarolynNC - 1 person (tentative)

My original plan was to use this day to travel up from Disneyland to LA since my hotel reservation starts this day. If there isn't a conflict I can travel up in the evening. I want to volunteer again so I don't know if they'll need someone to work. I'm making my attendance tentative for the 23rd but I will definitely visit Disneyland while I'm on the West Coast. I haven't been to Disneyland in 20 years although I make it to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando at least once per year.

10. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I want to be there, I'm waiting to put myself on the list until we have talked about it in FF Sweden though. :)

11. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    i might be able to go :)

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Are we planning to all meet before the park opens, or did we just want to meet for lunch?

By May, the park should be open 8-midnight.

If we meet before the park opens, just meet in front of the last A in the California Adventure sign (so easy to spot).

If we want to meet in the park for lunch, Pizza Port at 1pm.

Ya?

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Come on, Miana. Keep up with the posts. We were talking about meeting some where for breakfast first. Jeez, where have you been? :D

14. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    There was talk of meeting for breakfast. Or we could meet later for lunch.

15. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    Was thinking about going, but Im guessing Wednesday is the day they will have Will Call for the badges.

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000

NOT reading this thread. Duh. :p

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd like to meet up with people before the park opens, not just for lunch.

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    We can always set a basic time and place for breakfast for those that want to come to that. Then, that group will meet up at a set time and place for those that wanted to meet-up before entering the park. A lunch time and place can be set, too.

My thoughts are that we set a basic schedule, but not something rigid that everyone HAS to follow. We'll have meeting times and places and those that can or want to come... great! The more the merrier! If it doesn't work out in your schedule, that's okay, too. This is supposed to be a fun vaction.

Maybe the main thing would be for everyone to wear some sort of SW shirt or hat or something that all of us can see and identify. Then, every time each of us sees somebody proudly flying their SW affiliation, we can great each other like old friends... fellow brothers and sisters in the SW community. (this is what it was like at the Unofficial SW day at DLand last June).

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_tired] I don't want to see Kari that early in the morning. She's way too perky. 8-}

20. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Sounds like a plan JediFan, This would be the perfect time to wear our JediCouncil/theforce.net t-shirts (if there actually was such a thing) for everybody to find us and all else to know us as Star Wars geeks. 

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    At first I was kinda hurt by that... then I read the second sentence and remembered... remembered how you wouldn't sing happy morning songs along with Lesley and I. The only one of the 7 dwarfs we had in our room was Grumpy! You'll have to make sure you leave him at DLand if you plan on meeting us for breakfast on 5/23! :D

You were just grumpy because you got captured by the Empire the night before at the Science Center. If they'd let us Jedi join the fight, that wouldn't have happened!

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL! It's only been two days and you've already forgotten how hard it is to wake me up? ;)

And of course I'll be there. I just love giving you a hard time. :p

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, you better start working on those happy morning songs! [face_laugh]

24. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    :eek: What are you doing posting at that time of the morning? I-)

That's way too early to be up! [face_coffee]

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    As Miana mentioned, in a round-about way, I'm a morning person. Even before my coffee I can be perky. Some people find that rathing sickening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.