main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    *raises hand* :p

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
  3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Val, were are you?? They're picking on me. Please make them get back on topic! ;)

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Look, Miana. It's Mickey Mouse at 4:00 in the morning. You know what he's doing?? He's singing a happy morning song! [face_whistling] All together, now... M I C K E Y M O U S E...

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_frustrated] + [face_tired]

So where are we going to meet up for breakfast? Dennys? There's two right by the park: one on Katella and one on Harbor. :p

6. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    How about IHOP? I did a Google Maps search and there is one across the street on Harbor BLVD.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The IHOP's not too far from Dennys. :p

Whichever works.

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I will need to confer with my better half to see if that's the day we want to go. We are definitely going, we just don't know if on mon, tue, or wed. I'll get back to you a little closer to the event to add my name to the list.

9. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Here is a place that sounds like a lot of fun. Has anybody gone here before?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=restaurants+near+disneyland&ie=UTF8&sll=33.808927,-117.920358&sspn=0.012748,0.015814&latlng=33812641,117926444,1960744868234343279&ei=92HWRYqkLpfwqwKR78XBDw&reviews=1

If the link doesn't work go to maps.google.com and type in Goofy's Kitchen.

or maybe this link will work.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/dining/detail?name=GoofysKitchenDiningPage&bhcp=1

Darth Ludicrous

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Long LONG ago. I think (it's been a decade since I've gone) that you have to be a hotel guest to eat there and it's pretty pricey.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Come on Miana, you're still a young pup. How long ago could it have been? :D

12. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    How would they know that we are not all guests of the hotel? huh? ;) ;) nudge nudge. Are we not Star Wars fans? I am a Sith, I could force to think that we are staying there. Or JediFan can use the Jedi Mind Trick. So what if it's expensive? When the bill comes all we have to say is "We already paid the bill". I mean really it not that difficult. :)

Darth Ludicrous

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    11 years ago. :p

14. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    So have we decided on what time and restaurant we are meeting at? Are we going to meet at a restaurant at across the street from Disneyland? Are we going to meet before the park opens? The park opens at 8am if we meet at 7am that means that, for those of us who are not a morning person, we will, with bleary eyes, groggily stumble our way to Anaheim acting much like Wookies who got up on the wrong side of the bed at 6am. . After being revived at the tapcaf we will skip merrily to the park whilst singing the ?YubNub? song. I just want some clarification that is what we are planning to do.

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    For those wanting to meet for breakfast beforehand, I see 2 options. Spend a bit more cash and eat somewhere in Downtown Disney, but then just walk over to the park entrance and go in without another drive or; save a few dollars and eat outside the park (Denny's?) then drive over to the park, meet up at the entrance and go from there.

What would most of you like to do?

I'm okay with either, but would prefer to skip the extra drive and just eat in Downtown Disney.

16. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Guys I went to the Disneyland website and according to it, the park doesn't open until 9am that wed. It only opens at 8am on the weekends....so.....we need to reschedule the times for breakfast/meeting.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY extra hour of sleep.

I'd be in favor of one of the off-site ones. I don't really recall any "breakfast" places in Downtown Disney, and if there are, it'd cost about 2 to 3 times as much as an off-site place.

18. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    i agree completely. please lets save money and eat at an off site place. Some of us don't have unlimited finances for this kind of stuff.

19. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    I can go either way with this. On one hand, it gets you in the mood for the whole Disneyland experience. Seeing Mickey, Mini, Daffy etc, while you are having your French Toast is something that you are not going to see again in a great while, if ever again. On the other hand, I do agree that is more expensive to eat inside the park than out. Why pay for something that cost $10 that you can get for $4? I am leaning more towards having breakfast in the park more for the experience and because I don?t know when I will be at Disneyland, but to conserve money and IHOP and Denny?s would be just as good. So all in all, I?m not giving any clear direction am I? 

20. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Are you going to have a meet up time when you first get to the park after breakfast? We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel so eating off property isn't really an option for us but it would be nice to pick a place to meet first thing. Either way it will be fun I am sure and i'm looking forward to meeting other SW fans at Disney!

21. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    What I want to know is.. is this the only time we are going to be able to see the movies at the Con? They will not show these during the con? I liked the way they had it at CIII where they showed 2 movies a night. It was a nice way to cap off the day. What is this going to do with our Disneyland plans? I may opt to go for this, yes I know you can watch the movies any time but when are you going to be a large room with a bunch of other Star Wars Fans watching for favorite movies? Plus I like the audience participation.

22. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Yeah, the "audience participation" is exactly why I probably won't go to the movies. I am a big fan of "Audiences should be seen and not heard" when I am watching movies. And unless this is being done at Grauman's (SP) I think I would rather go to Disneyland.

23. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    man this movie marathon is really ******* things up.

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I reserved my ticket for the movies, that way I have options. I hate the thought of missing either event! [face_frustrated]

25. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    see and that's going to be a problem too. A lot of people will be getting tickets for the marathon and then won't even end up going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.