main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV meet at Disneyland -- 5/23 - Tomorrow!! 8:30am at the L!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Miana Kenobi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I'd also like to have company from downtown to Disneyland.

2. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Perhaps those we travel to Disney from downtown can meet somewhere downtown (near the convention center, as we are in that vicinity anyways?)

We can meet, I dont know, half an hour or an hour in advance (I got no idea how long it'll take to reach Disney) and share cabs and company.

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It's not the far - only about 28 miles from downtown. Here are options:

You can call Yellow Cab at (877) 733-3305 to get a firm quote. If you look at their website it's about $2.35 a mile; at least that's the way it looks to me with my poor math skills :). They may also be able to set something up for you akin to a private shuttle -- that's something to look into. That way the cab would be waiting.

Rent a car. Hertz has locations at the Sheraton and the Marriott downtown. You can't pick it up until 7:00 AM, and you would have to return it the next day because the office will be closed by the time you got back. The cost for a minivan at Hertz is around $80.00 for the 24 hour rental, and that will hold 7 people.

4. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I'll be staying in Anaheim from the 21st - 24th so I won't have to worry about Transportation...

But I was wondering if we could do some sort of roll-call? The first post hasn't been updated in 2 months ;)

PS - I'll be there with my wife Mara_Jade_Raven

5. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I'll update the first post.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks Helen. :)

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Another suggestion is to take the Amtrak train. It's $10 each way from Los Angeles to Anaheim. It's a 40 minute train ride from Los Angeles to Anaheim. The first train leaves LA at 6am.

Disneyland's open until 8pm on Wednesdays, and the last train leaves Anaheim at 10:18pm.

The only problems comes in getting to the train stations. LA Union Station is 3 miles away from the convention center. That's not too much for a taxi. Anaheim station drops you off next to Edison Park (Angels Stadium) and is 2 miles from Disneyland. Again, not much for a taxi.

www.amtrak.com

8. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    From what I saw on the Disneyland site they are actually open until 9 PM that night. Starting that week it looks like they start their extended summer hours to gear up for the Memorial Day - Labor Day rush.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Nope, still 8pm. Linky.

Bust we're not going on a weekend. Staying until midnight is fun.

10. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    You can get a train from Pico station right by the convention center to Anahiem

11. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    But the Metrolink train will only take you to Union Station. You still have to go on Amtrak after that. The Metrolink trains do not go to Disneyland directly.

I've found another way:

Ride METRO BUS 460 (DISNEYLAND) heading south
    From: FLOWER ST/11TH ST(NW corner) (VK edit: this is near the Convention Center)
    To: EAST SHUTTLE RDWY/DISNEYLAND
    Ending at DISNEYLAND
    Total cash fare = $2.25
    Trip distance is about 40.17 miles.

Headsign Day Leaving Arriving Trip Time

DISNEYLAND we 04:41AM 06:14AM 1 hr, 33 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 05:05AM 06:41AM 1 hr, 36 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 05:31AM 07:09AM 1 hr, 38 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 05:57AM 07:42AM 1 hr, 45 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 06:28AM 08:16AM 1 hr, 48 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 06:55AM 08:46AM 1 hr, 51 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 07:25AM 09:15AM 1 hr, 50 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 07:53AM 09:42AM 1 hr, 49 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 08:21AM 10:09AM 1 hr, 48 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 08:51AM 10:37AM 1 hr, 46 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 09:20AM 11:06AM 1 hr, 46 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 09:50AM 11:36AM 1 hr, 46 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 10:20AM 12:06PM 1 hr, 46 mins
    DISNEYLAND we 10:44AM 12:30PM 1 hr, 46 mins

METRO BUS 460 (DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN)
    From: HARBOR BL/DISNEYLAND EAST MAIN SHUTTLE ENT(SW corner)
    To: FIGUEROA ST/11TH ST(SE corner)
    Ending at FLOWER ST/11TH ST
    Total cash fare = $2.25
    Trip distance is about 39.10 miles.

Headsign Day Leaving Arriving Trip Time

DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 06:11PM 07:56PM 1 hr, 45 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 07:11PM 08:50PM 1 hr, 39 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 08:09PM 09:40PM 1 hr, 31 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 09:22PM 10:45PM 1 hr, 23 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 09:54PM 11:15PM 1 hr, 21 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 10:50PM 12:11AM 1 hr, 21 mins
    DOWNTOWN LA - 6TH-MAIN we 11:50PM 01:11AM 1 hr, 21 mins

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Valeda....can you also update the first post to say we are meeting at the L in the California Adventure sign at 8:30 AM and maybe post that picture again....and maybe also update the thread title with something like (meeting place and time announced...

guys.....do we have a consensus on b-fast yet?

13. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Hmm. I swear last week it said 9PM. I guess I was looking at the 30th.

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Dennys or IHOP? They're literally right next to each other and right across the walkway into D-land.

15. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    So the breakfast meet is in Anaheim? I'm was confused. I thought everyone was meeting for breakfast in LA. If I can drag my rear out of bed I will try to be there, but definitely no promises.

16. 72-DP-JEDI

72-DP-JEDI Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2007
    Hi Gang,

This is my first time posting here, and I just wanted to say that this forum is very cool!
    I currently work for the house of mouse and I would like to share a bit of Star Tours for you all. First off I worked in an Imagineering facility in the San Fernando Valley not to long ago, it is a big facility where they mock ?up rides and build the mechanical elements for most rides. For a time I worked on the same floor were they built the new animatronic Johnny Deep Pirate, and the new Finding Nemo Sub ride.
    While working there I came to know and talked to an Imagineer who had worked on the original C3PO animatronic for Star Tours, he said that the 3PO that is up at the park now is not the original. ?In fact? he said the original is in a box in his office. He explained to me that the original kept getting discolored whenever they would clean and polish him. The original 3PO was 24k gold-leafed and every time they cleaned it would rub off the expensive gold-leaf, and to solve this problem they contacted a company that specialized in ladies make-up bottle caps that were colored with a simulated gold plastic wrap. A new 3PO was made and gold wrapped in this new material.

And now a little bit on the future of Star Tours, well I found out from a source that there are currently looking into updating the ride. The new adventure will take place during the years between the two trilogies. There is currently a story board floating around with a few proposed ideas for the new ride destinations, and ultimately the ride will be fully digital.
    That?s all folks!

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Cool, thanks for the info. :D

Also, a one hour & 45 minute bus ride, haha. I doubt I'm going to be able to get up at 4 AM for a bus since I probably won't get to the hotel until fairly late that evening (plane arrives at Long Beach around 8 PM), but we shall see.

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I have a friend on the L.A. Fan Force board who works at Disneyland. You should introduce yourself over there!

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I remember last time I was there, that there was another restaurant for breakfast that was on the same block/side as the Denny's. Can't remember the name off-hand, but it was good, less crowded, and the same price!

20. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    Dark Lady Mara posted:
    Cool, thanks for the info. [face_grin]

Also, a one hour & 45 minute bus ride, haha. I doubt I'm going to be able to get up at 4 AM for a bus since I probably won't get to the hotel until fairly late that evening (plane arrives at Long Beach around 8 PM), but we shall see.[hr][/blockquote]

I suggest we simply meet at the convention center and share a cab to Disney or wherever one hour before we were supposed to meet at Disney. If we got a couple of people together the cab fare wont be such a problem.

So who is with me? [face_batting]

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So no breakfast in Anaheim? Sweet, that another hour of sleep. :p

Like I said, I'm coming from the opposite direction, so I'll just meet you guys there at 8:30 or so? :)

22. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    If it weren't for the Hospital visit that day I would so be there with you guys for this one. I'm at Disneyland at least once or twice a month.

Have Fun!

23. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    We will see you at the L!

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Scott, you can always come AFTER. [face_batting] :p

25. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Nov 30, 2004
    For all of those who are staying in hotels near the convention center: I just spoke to Obi Anne and we agreed to meet at the convention center at 7AM on the 23rd. We'll share a cab to Disney and have some breakfast or whatever before meeting the others.

Anyone also interested to join us, just let us know. The more, the merrier.

EDIT:

Just to make sure we dont miss anybody at 7AM at the main entrance of the convention center, we'll start a short list of who is coming with us: (just copy/paste and add yourself to the list)

1. Grand_Admiral_Grant
    2. Obi Anne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.