main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C-IV MEMORIES (and speculations on C-V)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I know the over all theme for a CV in 2010 would be the anniversary of ESB, but what spoiler info could they really advertise. CIV had previews of Clone Wars but 2010 would leave nothing seeming the live action show is aiming for a 2009 release.

2. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Who knows what they can come up with between now and then though.

3. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    True, anything is possible. But that would make a C5 in 2009 make more sense to leak out previews for the live action show.

4. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    I dont think theyve started writing it yet let alone filming it,i think there will be the annoucement in 2009 for a 2010 celebration,i think the announcement could come around April or May next year- i think the 30th anniversary of Empire Strikes Back deserves it dont you think ?

5. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Absolutely. The PT each had their respective Celebrations, and obviously CIV was geared towards the 30th anniversary of SW.

ESB definitely deserves its own "themed" Celebration, as does ROTJ in 2013. :)

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It seems at this point that anything is possible. Celebrating the anniversary makes sense, but as we know, SW fans can always find something to talk about :) .

7. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    I was kinda hoping for a Celebration this November, to recognize the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Looking back it was really, really bad, but I like it then, I was 5...

8. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Considering the economy and the state of things, a convention right now would be a horrible thing. Some might think that a city could use that kind of cash infusion, but any economist will tell you it has to be more of a concentrated effort. Attendance would be at an all time low and that wouldn't be good for the con people or the local economy.

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Ahhh, who you foolin'. You ain't going to C5 anyway... ;)

10. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    To be honest, if it were this year I probably wouldn't go unless it was in Baltimore. We'll see. I'm finding few and few reasons to justify such an expense. My son has gotten interested in Star Wars again so that would be my only real incentive.

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Sounds like you already have the best incentive right there.

"Pass on what you have learned..."

12. NM_Mandalorian

May 16, 2005
    Seriously. My wife took our 2 year old daughter Celebration Japan, and she loved it. Everytime she sees a picture of a stormtrooper, Vader, or Boba Fett now she calls them her friends. Nothing is better than getting the chance to pass Star wars on to your kids.

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Well, it all depends. My son is starting to get involved in music. He's currently taking guitar lessons. By the time the next con comes around, he might not be into Star Wars so much. It's hard to say.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    If it takes me starting up a "GJ CV Fund" to get you to go, then so be it. ;)

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    The game (which is actually pretty awesome) and the new cartoon got him back into it. He's going to be Vader for Halloween. He got the cheapo Walmart costume is wearing my Don Post helmet from 1983. LOL! He looks like a bobble head but it's still kinda cute.

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    There aren't too many things better than when a parent who is a SW fan gets their children involved with their passion.

Seeing kids with huge smiles on their faces wearing SW shirts & costumes with their parents as they walk around the halls at a Celebration truly is as good as it gets.

17. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    We need to see pictures.

18. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    a bobble head Vader is a whole lot better than just Vader in my opinion. I agree, we should see pictures.

19. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I will have to post some pics for ya guys. Gotta share the love!!!

Hugs!

20. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Subliminal message?? ;)

[image=http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11288324/Sanyo_Xacti_VPC_C5_Camcorder.jpg]

21. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin...You crack me up...lol.

This is not the C5 you are looking for...(waving hands)

22. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I wish it was the C5 we are looking for. I am ready. But 2010 is the best bet?

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Maybe 2010... any sooner and it would just be crazy with the economy the way it is and all. I'd rather they wait until things get back on track... tons of people are unemployed right now. Then again, no way of getting things started unless people spend money. It's a tough call.

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    It'll hafta be 2010 -- no way do they have time to get everything together now, for next year. Unless they're planning something really scaled down.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Damn... convention center costs must really be going up if a cardboard box is the best venue they can get... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.