main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[C & P] X-Wing Pilots

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by TK-4752, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    any good local or semi-local places to get the boots josh?

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff just called, the amber colored plastic is $3.75 a foot, he thinks it would be around $40? to do the visors. I'm going to call another plastic place.

P-Josh, is you plastic gloss or flat?? Jeff's is flat! We have one 4X8 sheet, we are getting another, he uses .093 or.096 size???? Don't ask me any questions about that?

3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    I've got enough plastic, and it's gloss, both sides, and .093.

4. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Mac...I got mine from the surplus store. I've had 'em a few years, though, and can't remember how much they were. [face_plain]

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ok. i will go and check that out later on.

6. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Josh, I thougt Iha d e-mailed you my drawing for the chestbox, but it may have slipped through the cracks. PM me your email and I'll send it again.

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Best place for boots is www.sportsmansguide.com

[image=http://image.sportsmansguide.com/image/5/51856.JPG]

They are German Goosestepper boots, for 12.97. They are great boots. My calves are 17" and fit in them just fine. If yours are bigger, I'm sure you could jury rig something if needed.

If that's not feasible, and you need something around a 10-11 combat boot, I'm sure I have some extras. But I highly recommend the boots above.

8. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I've never been able to find any of the goosesteppers larger than size 9, or maybe 10 through sportsmansguide, though.

9. GA_Tompkins

GA_Tompkins Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2004
    Ya know i'm not really involved in this but.. on the account of call signs should you pick like a squadron name first like the Mountaineers or something???

then your call signs could be like Moutain one,two,etc,etc

10. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Just got back from Supply Run #743, and it yielded...

10 yards of white nylon fabric ($40)...to which the lady at the upholstery store said, "We have white nylon?" ...when I brought the spool up to her for cutting. It's thin, so will need to be doubled over.

A WHOLE SPOOL of greyish-silverish wide strap -- the exact kind we need for the dangly bobbers. ($50)

A WHOLE SPOOL of green webbing for the chest boxes. ($20). Some will say it's black, but trust me, it's GREEN. When held up to anything else that's black, it's definitely green. I tried getting straps at the surplus store, but they didn't have any. Apparently they're rather popular for bondage. Who knew??? I'm more of a black nylon rope person myself -- it's more "artsy." *looks at Becca*

But, while they didn't have straps, they DID have the little buckles the straps come with -- the guy took them off the straps. I got 30 of them for $5.

Umm...I'm keeping the receipts, and will pester people for cash monies soon, once we know how far the supplies I got will go.

I'm pretty sure all this can be used to make 10 pilots. If not, somebody else may have to do a supply run since I've pretty much tapped out P-town.

WE NEED 6 MORE HOSES!!!

11. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hmm...I'm more partial to SNOWSPEEDER WAMPA BEAST DEATH FROM ABOVE, myself.

12. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    ::looks at P-Josh::

if you want to get artsy you need to be more creative in your materials - you know - ...........

just my opinion

LOL

anyways, tell me where you found the hoses again, Wal-Mart?

I can hit the one by my house tomorrow night and bring them to you with the other goods saturday

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    So we really have 10 people doing this??

P-Josh
    Rachel
    Mistress
    Zac
    Mac
    COS Vader
    Me
    Jeff

Who else??

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Mac posted on the last page -- Zac's not in. We can still get the pieces done for when he's ready.

Unless...that's changed??? Mac! What's the status???

Chico mentioned that he *might* be in...but it's a long shot. And...I don't think we ever exchanged numbers. Ack.

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Is Terry in???

Becca's in.

Can Becca convince Doc or Chris to come play??? Maybe Charlie? Any pirates? Klingons? House Veska's been quiet and tied up with summer activities, meethinks -- super secret Klingon transmissions have been quiet lately...

I think I have Doc's number. Will call him later tonight if nobody else does.

16. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Remember TK, only named members of the RMFF and 501st are going to be allowed inside the X-Wing's sphere of influence.

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I can put the word out to the klingons

will check wiht Doc and Charlie=)

Oh

just came back from the supply run

cornered 5 flight suits and 6 discharge hos

18. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Cool, do the sizes run large or small?

What else do we need? Jeff is making molds for the visor & chin strap right now. I have plenty of white thread & am ready to go :D

I need to get our suits, boots & gloves for me on Saturday, then we are almost set.

Oh, what about the leg things?? What color is that & what do you think it's made out of? I can do them with velcro so they will be adjustable, Jeff said we can make the flares out of wood until he gets enough time to make them out of aluminum :D

19. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    the legs and the arm lenghts run large but I found that I needed a medium to fit my shoulder to you know lenght and have a comfortable range of motion;)

20. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    chin mold is done thanks to obay wann's rebel fleet trooper helmet being in my garage .

visor mold is on the way .

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    visor mold just got thrashed . we will have to make one on saturday

22. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    BLAHAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little stress breaker there.

I hate it when that happens, DH. I was really p!ssed when my TIE lunchbox molds broke.

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    it was bubbled out in front of where the lens would be but i was trying to butter it so it would work . i guess hammers and screw drivers dont mix well with hydro-cal.

oh and i am at 1/2 bag now , so if you think we will need more let me know .

24. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Hehe.

I don't think we will. I can bring some extra Fix-It-All if we need more molds...we'd just have to wash them a lot so they don't get moldy. Eew.

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    AH HA!!!

Notice here, if you will, in this picture...

[image=http://www.roadsquadron.com/Reference/ANH/Xwing/LukeXW_01Yavin.jpg]

...aside from Luke's innocent and clueless expression, there's a HUGEMONGOUS ENORMOUS WHITE COMPAD on his arm. I know it doesn't matter much -- my boots will have laces on them (*gasp!*), but if I can squeeze in a compad between now and Friday, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.