main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~* C2 SINGLES *~

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by QUEEN-KARENDALA, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    If there is another thread out there like this one, I appoligize. But I've seen ones about married couples and such, but nothing yet as a "call out" to the unattatched that are going to be attending CII.

So,if you are nuptually deprived and want to post something here, please feel free... keeping in mind the PG rating of the forum of course ]:)

I'll start...

I'm 31, a veterinarian, and an officer in the Indy Knights; staying in the Adam's Mark Hotel for the weekend.

2. AttackADaClones

AttackADaClones Jedi Youngling

Oct 14, 2001
    My buddy Kris is going with me to the Celebration. He says he will meet up with you in Indiana. He has a Luke Skywalker haircut so if you like that, hes your man.

-Jason

JasonThePadawan@aol.com

3. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    ;) Hmmmm I like that ;) Hey, I'm Katy! I'm from Ohio and am still getting over watching LAAH for the 3rd time :(. I'll edit this post later but right now I',m off to school...

4. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I'm also single, and will be there Thursday night through Sunday evening. Hopefully there are plenty of places to hang out and meet people near my hotel - the Comfort Inn Suites a block or two from the Convention Center.

5. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm sure there will be plenty of places to meet people.

And from what I hear, there's going to be plenty of folks mingling around the Comfort Inn Suites (where I'm staying as well) Thursday-Sunday.

And since I'm here, I'll chime in as well...I'm single (obviously), 29, from a northern 'burb of Detroit...currently in the running/consideration as City Rep. for the Detroit FF. :)

6. Darth_Dick

Darth_Dick Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Hey there! I am a handsome, 35-year-old male. Recently divorced. I'm borrowing the money from my brother to go to the Celebration, since my x-wife stole all my money and went to Germany. Don't you love when you work so hard at a relationship for 12 years and they leave you with nothing! LOL . slowly it is becoming easier and I am starting to laugh at myself. i know I am a catch and it will all come together. Maybe in Indiana perhaps? So, lovely ladies, if I may introduce myself - my name is Dick, I am 35. I love Star Wars and I hope Carrie Fisher will be at the Celebration. Or we can just meet, hang out and talk over a steaming cup o' joe, that's fine with me. We'll see what happens. E-mail me with your pic and I'll send you mine.
    I am buying my ticket at the door - will I have to wait in a long line BTW?
    And I will be staying with an old friend from college in Greensburg Indiana, he says it is only less than one hour drive. I will be there Saturday and Sunday. Any ladies staying near Greensburg?
    So glad to see a singles message board - things could be looking up for the mature fans.

E-mail:
    Darth_Dick_Picker@yahoo.com

7. Katy_Christensen

Katy_Christensen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2002
    Hey! Just look at my profile... :)

8. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'm single....

9. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Ohhhhh A pick up joint ;)

10. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Another single here. 24/m coming from Baltimore, MD. Graduated recently as a film student and I'm hoping to try and make a documentary of the whole Celebration 2 event and meet lots of people doing it. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas style madness as the basis for this excursion. Hopefully me and my two friends will be able to come with me and lend a hand.

John

11. DarthSidious990

DarthSidious990 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm single...i'll be turning 14 next mounth and I am staying at the westin. -Christian

12. droberts

droberts Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm single and will be looking to party it up bigtime C-2 weekend :)

Sincerely-
    Dustin Roberts
    http://www.rebelscum.com

13. Alderaan_Rebel

Alderaan_Rebel Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    I'm 30 and male and I too will be going stag, so if anyone wants to get a group together count me in. I'm flying in Friday am and staying at the Hampden Inn.

14. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Just an FYI if you have not already heard, the IndyKnights are putting together a FanForce party for Friday night. It might be a nice way for people coming by themselves to meet other people on the FanForce forums.

Its going to be in a conference room in the Hyatt hotel downtown. Part of the reason for having it there is that people can walk there, its less crowded than a restraunt, and our buddies on FF that are under 21 can attend as well.

It will be more than a pizza party... trust me ;)

There is more information under the "FanForce Connection" threads on how to pay, etc.

15. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    More than pizza? I am so there!!! Where do I sign up?

Oh wait, I did already :D

16. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    Way to plug there Queen-K.

BTW I am single,24, bald, glasses, fat and have pimples all over. But I have the cutest little boy that drive the women nuts. Also I'm from Indy and will be at the Fan Force Party since I'm in charge of it. So if you want to meet a not so good looking man with a great job and a great kid, then I'm your..... uh.... yea Man.

Ok I lied about the bald part.

17. Muellman

Muellman Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 9, 2001
    Hey. I'm 23/m from Gainesville, FL, finishing up my dissertation. Figured I'd go to Celebration II for the hell of it. I think it would be great if we could get all the single ladies and homies to go hangout at night or something when the festivities end. I'm sure there's something to do in Indy.

PS: Sorry for my redundant posts of trying to find people on several threads.

PPS: Not TRYING to hook up, but just in case, I'm 6'3" 205, brown hair, green eyes, and I work out. A lot. I'm really good looking. Honest. No, really. I'm serious. (sorry)

18. scott1701

scott1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Bumping up. Single 31 year old male coming in from Dayton. Maybe us singles should consider a formalized gathering?
    Scott

19. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Running down halls of comfort Inn, as singles chase me and my cohorts down the corridors of Comfort Inn as we try to make it to the convention center:

Me: stay on target!

Hutch(looks back at advancing singles) They're too close!

Me: Stay on target!

Suddenly Hutch is grappled to the ground and thrown into a side room ,slam shuts the door.

Me(pulls out walkie talkie) Gold 5 to Red LEader, lost Hierie lost Hutch!

(friend in lobby) Copy Gold 5!

Me: It came from behind! (just as I'm tackled to the ground).

20. CRIMSONGUARDS4ME

CRIMSONGUARDS4ME Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2002
    hey i from gville too!im not trying to hook up though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. psychoengine

psychoengine Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    I have absolutely no problem with this thread. But I think it's pretty sad that I got crap when I started my own "singles" thread (which wasn't even to find romantic liaisons).

Guess it's the double standard of some (hopefully isolated) intolerant types.

Doug

22. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I could not agree with you more Doug. I also hope that it is very isolated.

Just remember that sometimes the voice of ignorance is louder than the majorities true feelings.

23. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Yeah, I saw some of the flap; it was lame.

Use this thread. It's for "C2 SINGLES", right? There ya go.

24. Fermez_La_Boushh

Fermez_La_Boushh Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2002
    I'm going alone as well, but can't wait to meet all you guys! I'll be at the FanForce party. 39, female from NY.

25. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I find this thread as disturbing as your thread, psychoengine. I just never said anything about it because I figured if I didn't like the thread I just wouldn't read it.
    But using a celebration of Star Wars as an excuse to pick up people is pretty depraved in my book.
    I'm just going as a normal Star Wars "weirdo" and if something happens, fine. But I'm not going to actively try getting some as a pretext to having fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.