main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

c3 in denver? NOPE! IT'S INDY TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    I'm still reelin' from the fact that the Westin sold out already.........wow.

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  3. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Stupid evil ewok puppet bumping this a bazillion pages down... :p

OK, so I have this crazy idea...

I don't want to put the wear and tear of the mad drive to C3 on my car, not to mention if I bring my Sandtrooper, that drops the capacity of my car, with costumes and loot, down to 3 people. And that 3rd person is goingg to be a very uncomfortable in the back seat.

I looked up car rentals, and am thinking about renting a SUV to make the exodus in. It'll be around $300-330 + gas. I talked to Rachel about this a couple weeks ago, and we'd have enough room for 2 additional people, and ample space for costumes and loot.

Would anyone be interested in joining up? Split 4 ways, the cost would be around $75-80 + whatever 1/4 of the gas would be -- total would probably be around $120, but without exact figures, I can't say for sure. Better than a plane ticket, and you can carry more loot with ya...not to mention the added bonus of being in the caravan. LOL.

4. tman

tman Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    That would only give me one year to come up with a scout trooper costume. I don?t know if that would be enough time ;)

But seriously, I may be interested. I will have to check my schedule, no wait, my schedule doesn?t go out that far yet?..

5. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    I've already requested the time off for next year. I had to jump on it -- there's a possibility the new guy we're absorbing into our team would want to go, too...but I beat him to it! BWA HA HA!!!

6. tman

Oct 2, 2001
    That's good thinking. The project I am on now only goes through the end of the year. So, I have no idea what I will be working on next year. I guess I could say I need these days off when I first start looking into a new project.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    ZOO is driving too, we may have the bus too. Zoo was talking about an econo van or passanger van, pulling a u-haul for our costumes. I think we need to get this all worked out soon, who's riding where & what not.

I'm flying, but would pitch in for rental of a uhaul to tote my costumes :D

8. tman

Oct 2, 2001
    Has everyone gotten a room yet? Is anyone looking to share a room?

It sounds like I should get on the ball and reserve a room and a ride with someone.

Aaron

9. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Last year we picked up all kinds of last minute travlers, we will plan on it again.

No room sharing going on for the "Sith Couple" I don'e think anyone would want to anyway. :p

Waiting for one more day to start looking for rooms, we are going to book as many as we can, 9 or so on two different credit cards. There will be plenty of rooms, it's up to you to find room-mates, I know people are doing that. I suggest you make it to a couple of meetings so people get to know you. ?

10. tman

Oct 2, 2001
    For sure, I plan on meeting up with as many of you as I can at StarCon. I also plan on making the meeting that weekend.

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I tell ya true....it's never too early to get ready fer this gig! I've already started working on my flightplan, and talking to the Indy FAA reps about patterning around the convention center.

And I thought my "last electric knight" armour was all consuming......FLOL!

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Jeff is planning on getting enough rooms so nobody else has to worry about that, unless there is a place you really want to stay then get it there. We are going to get as close to the convention center as we can.

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    So, anybody else score reservations yet?

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Not yet, they still say 365 days max reservations.

15. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Why, those dirty rotten...

16. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    The official site has posted the logo of Celebration III, and some other tid bits.

C3 Logo

17. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Oooooooooo...

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001

WHAT!? No X-WING?????

I'm cut to the quick!

*SNIFF*

Thread Status: