main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Motor Speedway - 500 miles of quick, redundant answers ;-)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Look, I understand...you're a busy poster. You've got spoilers to comment on, political topics to fight about, boy bands to gush over...you don't have time to read the whole forum to get a single answer to a simple question...Or maybe you're just new and completely lost...Or maybe you're a convention pro that wants to know where to get an extravagent meal to abuse your boss' expense account.

Well, here's your place to do so. Any and all non-discussable, one shot Ask whatever you want and I'll do my best to answer it. Doesn't matter if 4 different people asked it just prior to your post. No one will ask you to re-read anything...you've got questions, I got answers (or know people who have answers...or will pretend to know what I'm talking about whether I do or do not).

So, ask away.

PS. I'm now (back) in charge of the forum, and as time permits, will try to clean the place up a bit. ;)

2. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    where's the nearest don pablos?

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    There aren't any downtown, but (mostly along I-465) there are 5 of them in the metro area:

Southside (5 miles from the Convention Center): 317-888-0363 8150 US 31 S. Indianapolis, IN 46227

Eastside (7 miles from the Convention Center): 317-353-6754 7560 Old Trails Rd Indianapolis, IN 46219

Northwest side (9 miles from the Convention Center): 317-293-2178 6929 W. 38th St. Indianapolis, IN 46254

Northeast side (12 miles from the Convention Center): 317-576-0819 3824 E. 82nd St. Indianapolis, IN 46240

Westfield (22 miles from the Convention Center): 317-571-8040 14758 U.S. Highway 31 Westfield, IN 46074

4. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Oh no, SebX is in charge of the forum? God help us! We're all doomed!

5. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    Would you recommend Hollywood Bar and Filmworks?

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Hollywood Bar & Filmworks

They only show 2nd run movies, but it's the only place where you can eat a real meal, drink a real drink, or get popcorn/candy/coke like normal at the movies in Indy. If you smoke, you can do it there too. It's a good time, usually sells out quickly on the weekends, but you can call ahead and reserve tickets.

Even bad movies are fun to watch there...however one time I went to see Leaving Las Vegas on Margarita Night...not a good combo. Took 3 sips and pushed it all away, thanks to Nick Cage's performance.

7. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Isn't that also where they show Rocky Horror in town, Sebulba? I don't remember; haven't seen it in Indy in a few years. If it is, they've got a good crowd there doing it.

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I think they still do it every other Saturday night at Midnight....don't know if they're the only place in town that does it, but I think they probably are.

Official Theater Site

9. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Can I walk to the C3 form the Econo lodge??

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It's a bit of a haul from there all the way to C3 by foot...16-17 blocks south, 3 or so west...probably take you about a 1/2 hour to do so. No big deal during the day...don't really know the area near your hotel well enough to know how safe it is at night, but I'd probably err on the side of caution and just take a cab back at night. But to answer your specific question, yes, you can walk it.

11. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Oh no, SebX is in charge of the forum? God help us! We're all doomed!

[face_laugh]!!

Sebulba, what's good at the Hard Rock Café? (As you can probably tell, I've never been to one before!)

12. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    What's the name of that really well-known (and quite pricey!) steak house a couple of blocks from the Dome? A lot of the "stars" went there and they had the best and HOTTEST darn shrimp cocktail I've ever dreamed of....

13. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Ahhh Seb, I can field these two for you...

1) At the Hard Rock, might I recommend the pulled pork sandwich, very tasty. Very loud in there as well, so don't plan on talking a whole lot in there, but you should be drinking anyway...

2) St. Elmo's, you seek St. Elmo's. IMO, the best restraunt in Indy. Great food, incredibly high prices (but well worth it), and anybody who is anybody eats there. And yes, their shrimp cocktail RULES!!!

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Sebulba programing...

14. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    St. Elmos? I was thinking the Palomino personally. Both are really good though.

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I'd pretty much just parrot what Jay said...I don't go to the Hard Rock to eat, but I like the atomosphere, as it's one of the smallest Hard Rock's.

St. Elmo's is the resturant you're trying to recall, and it's class all the way around. There's lots of other great places to eat downtown (steak houses & otherwise), but St. Elmo's has the history & popularity going for it as one of the oldest resturants in town.

16. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Is the Gameworks at the Circle Center still in business? Is it the best place in the area to play video games if it is?

17. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It's been a while since I've been up on that floor, but I believe it's still there and will be quite operational when you and your friends arrive.

18. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    What is that place "Jillian's" like? It looks pretty close the the RCA Dome and sounds like a huge facility.

Doc

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It's a few blocks away actually, but it's pretty fun.

1st Floor is a Sports Bar / Resturant...lots of big screens, etc.

2nd Floor is a huge arcade, and a bar

3rd Floor has about 6 bowling lanes, a bar, and a dance floor.

Usually isn't a cover and people under 21 are allowed in up until 9 PM I think. Fun place to go, but if you don't have bowling reservations, you can wait upwards of 3 hours before you can get a lane...course, if I'm going to bowl downtown, I'd take a cab over to Fountain Square for Duckpin Bowling.

20. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Is cabbing the best way to get around town or is there decent parking at local restaurants and such for those of us who drive to Indy to use our cars to get around?

Any good sports collectible stores in the area?

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Most everything you'll need is within walking distance of the Convention Center, so if you're staying in a hotel with 2 or 3 blocks of the Convention, you won't need your car for the whole week. Pretty much all the hotels have their own parking lots, but the Mall has tons of space, so parking won't be a big deal.

Not much into sports collectibles, but the Mall has an autograph/memorobillia shop, then there's also the Colts & Pacers pro shops (Colts in the mall, Pacers at Conseco Fieldhouse).

22. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Here's a ? to keep you busy...

Other than Jillian's (I was there last time), what's some of the best bars/clubs to go to? (over 21 of course) I'd guess the prices would be high since they're located downtown, cheap is preferred though :D Either way, I'm the clubbing type, and want to get the best for my buck.

*nice thread by the way, thanks for helping!*

23. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Thanks guys. :D

24. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    How much wood
    would a woodchuck chuck
    if a woodchuck would chuck wood?

25. Rogue_Thunder