main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Motor Speedway - 500 miles of quick, redundant answers ;-)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    So what happens if it rains? We luckily never had any rain during C2 but what happens with everyone waiting outside in the long lines to get in if it rains? Do they have plans to move the line anywhere more protected? I really really don't want to have any of my costumes ruined and an umbrella isn't really gonna cut it.

2. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Bring some trash bags or a poncho I guess...or just come to the con late and go thru the sky walks, which will open up after the initial line gets thru.

3. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    What kind of public transportation is available in Indy besides taxi's? We are staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites at 7110 E. 21st St. and I will probably have to drive in each day. How hard is it to navigate Indy? Are there parking areas close to the Convention Center that would be easy to get to? I hate driving in cities and the last time I was in Indy I got lost. We did take a taxi back and forth the last time, but we were only a mile or so out and this time from what I have been able to find out it is at least $20.00 one way for a taxi. Thanks.

4. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    It's pretty easy to move about Indy...the city (downtoan anyway) was planned on a grid system, so you're going one of the main cardinal directions most of the time. You can buy a city map at just about any gas station if you want to be a bit more prepared than that.

If your hotel is where I think it is, you're right next to the I-70 exit on Shadeland, you just take I-70 straight downtown...doesn't get any easier than that. There's tons of parking, as Indy is a driver city...no commuter trains and the buses are not useful for tourists. There's tons of Parking "P" signs for garages, so that won't be a problem.

5. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    So, thought I'd dig this old fossil up, and ask a probably-redundant question. I know there's discussion of liquor stores, but can you give us a rundown of liquor AND convenience/grocery (if there are any) stores downtown? For stocking up on the non-alcohol provisions as well.

6. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I don't want to sound like a pest, but I've got about 30 fires to put out today, and I'll I'd end up doing is trying to google an answer for you, so try that first, and then I can, to the best of my ability, let you know which ones would be good to go to and which other ones you should avoid.

7. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    I entered our hotel (embassay suites) into Google maps and then searched for 'grocery' and 'liquor'. Here's what I got:

Grocery:
    C Montgomery Grocery City Market
    (317) 634-8180 - 0.3 mi E
    O'Malia's Food Market
    (317) 262-4888 - 0.6 mi NE
    Tex-Mex Supermarket
    (317) 916-0979 - 1.2 mi SE
    Village Pantry: South
    (317) 631-8955 - 1.3 mi S
    Village Pantry
    (317) 636-7816 - 1.3 mi S
    Carniceria Gaunajuato
    (317) 423-8697 - 1.3 mi SW
    Village Pantry: South
    (317) 637-1463 - 1.4 mi SE
    Corner Store The
    (317) 631-5160 - 1.5 mi S
    Kroger: Retail Stores
    (317) 923-6858 - 1.6 mi N
    Bud's Supermarket
    (317) 634-3866 - 1.6 mi SE

Liquor:
    John's Spirits Decanters & Fine Wines
    (317) 637-5759 - 0.2 mi E
    Lee's Cash & Go
    (317) 637-9696 - 0.7 mi N
    Alabama Liquor Store
    (317) 634-8792 - 1.0 mi NE
    Liquor Barn #2
    (317) 637-7033 - 1.1 mi S
    National Wine & Spirits
    (317) 636-6092 - 1.3 mi SW
    Liquor Cabinet
    (317) 639-0700 - 1.3 mi SE
    Rural Inn
    K & S Liquors Inc
    Liquor Barn #3
    (317) 636-7400 - 1.4 mi SW
    Stafford Liquors: Store #3
    (317) 685-1234 - 1.5 mi W

8. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Here's some help for all your shopping needs. Try this link.

You can search for any type service. If you look to the left of the page you will see a map link. Locate the downtown map and you'll have some help locating what you need.

I actually like the download maps from here better.

9. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    I have two questions:

1. Is there a bus line that can be taken from the Quality Inns and Suites at 2631 S Lynhurst Dr, Indianapolis, IN 46241, to the Convention Center? And if so, what number is the bus-line.

2. I saw that Michael A. Stackpole is going to be at the Party on Friday night. Is he going to be a the Convention all 4 days, and will he be signing autographs?

Thanks a lot :)

~Corran

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I cannot, under any circumstances, reccommend Indy's Metro buses. I don't know anything about their routes, other than it takes 10 times as long to get there with them as opposed to driving. They've made improvements, I give them that, but still can't recommend them. http://www.indygo.net/

Michael Stackpole will be at the party, but I don't know what his schedule is. I imagine he'll be at his publishers table, so I'd check in there.

11. Corran-Horn

Corran-Horn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2004
    Alright, thanks :)

EDIT: One more question: Will there be any sort of concert this year at the Convention? I remember the Indianapolis Philharmonic performed a collection of Star Wars music at Celebration II, will there be anything similar this time around?

~Corran

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    No, no concert this time. It's been replaced with the 'Celebration at Celebration' event on Saturday.

13. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Much love to Seb-X for answering all these questions over the past several months. He's helped me out a great deal thru PMs and such, making me (and many others) much better prepared for what promises to be 4 days we'll always remember.

B, if I catch ya around town, I will definitely treat you to an adult beverage of your choice!

14. Aaron2010

Aaron2010 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Here's one.

Can you wait in an autograph line just to get a picture with a guest ??? Without getting an autograph ????

15. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    If I remember correctly you can as long as you have an autograph coupon.

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    You won't get into the area without buying a coupon...what you do once you're in is up to you and the people monitoring such things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.