main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Nametags Idea

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MrSkinnee, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    For those that were in Indy for C2, you might remember that I came up with the idea of making nametags for those of us here on TFN to use in order to identify each other. Well I'm definitely up for doing the same thing again this time. So to everyone out there, help me keep an eye out for Revenge of the Sith artwork or pictures that I can use as the background for the nametags.

John

2. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    A few of us on the costuming forums are doing that too. Here's what we're using, we figured it was easy enough to recognize as a forum user.
    [image=http://photos.imageevent.com/benaequee/miscpics/large/pass%20sticker%203.jpg]

3. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Here's the ROTS 'button' I've got on my homepage. Maybe you could use the top portion of it (the Obi/Ani/Volcano image) and underneath just have a blank area to put in your username?

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/Ep3banner.jpg]

4. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I support the idea. Anything I can do to help?

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    John, the name tag templates that you made last time were awesome, and I was suprised at how many people I saw wearing them in Indy. Unfortunately there aren't very many hi-res Episode III images available right now. The only one I can think of off hand is the ROTS Teaser poster, but I think we can do better than that. ;) Hopefully it will be just like last time and more hi-res images will be available in the next few months.

6. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Hey I like the teaser poster! :p

7. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I really like this idea!!
    I look forward to seeing what image will finally be chosen. I would definitly want to be part of this.
    How many people for C2 did this?

8. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Honestly, I was REALLY surprised at the amount of people that I saw wearing the nametags out there. I never thought that my idea would take off like it did, but I'm glad it happened that way. It was great to put faces with all the names that I see on here. I met a lot of awesome people that way.

And I agree on both parts. I like the teaser poster too, but I think as we get closer to the date, there WILL be more pictures that surface and with a higher resolution. Just keep your eyes open for suggestions!

Thanks everyone!

John

9. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Well, I am a giant nerd, and I'll probably have a badge or something. One of my fellow FF members made me one for last year's comic con, so i could use that, but maybe I'll just make a new one. :)

(for when i am at the convention only)

10. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Well, I am a giant nerd, and I'll probably have a badge or something.

You won't be the only giant nerd with a name tag! :-B

11. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    Did you say Giant Nerd?? Count me in! :-B

As a suggestion, maybe you could post a couple of versions for the tag and have people vote on the one to use.
    Btw, what type of materials did you use last time for this?

12. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    As a suggestion, maybe you could post a couple of versions for the tag and have people vote on the one to use.

That's a very good idea. =D=

13. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    It's great to be a nerd!!!!! :D :D :p

14. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    [image=http://www.empire.net/~ctklc/images/name_tag.gif]

:p

15. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    here's the webpage from C2 so you can check out bow I did it last time.

http://www.geocities.com/mrskinnee/celebration.html

John

16. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    good work

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Yeah, last time around I downloaded the templates off Skinnee's page and made about 15 name tags for everyone in the Denver group. Mine looked like this. We had them laminated and hooked them onto our fanclub lanyards along with our C2 passes.

18. Bail-Aquino

Bail-Aquino Jedi Youngling star 2

May 8, 2002
    The nametags you made for C2 look really cool MrSkinnee.

It's a great idea to repeat this for C3.
    As a suggestion, you might want to incorporate the Vader Helmet from the C3 logo somehow into the design. I think it would be a great look.

Keep us posted on your design ideas and we'll suport you all the way!

19. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Bail-Aquino,
    Funny that you mention the Vader helmet. That's EXACTLY the image I want to use. In fact, if you look in the new Star Wars Insider (issue 79), on page 21 there is the PERFECT image that I would like to use as the basis for creating the nametags. So if anyone knows of a high resolution version of this image that exists out there, please message me and let me know so you can send it to me. I tried to scan the image directly from from the magazine but it came out kind of pixelated due to magazine printing standards. I played around with it a bit in Potoshop and it looks better but I want to get a better quality than I was able to produce. So let me know!

John

20. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Are you talking about the back inside cover? I LOVE that!! I'm thinking about taking it with me to get autographs on.

21. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I loved the name tags from C2 and I wore mine there and it was great to have everyone come up and introduce themselves once they saw your name tag.

Its great to connect the faces with the names :)

I met alot of people there I normally wouldnt have just because of the name tag. :) I cant wait to see what ideas come up for the new name tags.

22. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Here's one I've made with the official logo:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/c3_nametag_b.jpg]

And another with the image I first posted:

[image=http://www.geocities.com/evilshona84/c3_nametag_a.jpg]

What do you think?

23. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    DarthShona...I love the Darth Vader nametag the best. And considering I am bringing my Vader costume, it would be very fitting!!

My vote is for the Darth Vader nametag!!!

24. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Yeah, I think that's the one I'm going to go with. I think it'll go nicely with my "I [face_love] Darth Vader" t-shirt! ;)

Printed out, that nametag is 3 1/2" x 2". I made it in MSPaint, printed and cut it out, then, using rubber cement, put it on a piece of illustration board (cut to the same size of course) laminated it, and finally cut a 1/2" slit at the top for the lanyard hook to go through, and voilà! :D (However, I'm using an old badge holder clip which works the same way).

25. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Darth Shona, will you make enough for the people in here that want them? I would really like to have one to go with my C3 lanarde we will get for the show!! Maybe you could seel them or something, for like 2 or 3 bucks! Anyway, GO DARTH GO!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.