main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Cad Bane in TBOBF (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DannyD, Feb 2, 2022.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    What do you think?

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I didn't know Cad Bane was a Cajun guy myself.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. ClumsyDentist

ClumsyDentist Jedi Knight

Apr 9, 2016
    Looked much better then I expected, pretty darn cool and dangerous looking.

Although as a minor nit pick was that he had obvious problems keeping his mouth closed, but eh, looked cool nonetheless.

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I don't think this should be a thread title yet, so many have not had a chance to see the episode.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This.

6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I changed the title for now. The TV mods can change it back later.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I loved seeing Cad Bane. But the...shorter face and inability to fully close his mouth made him look a little silly. Like a cross between Jim Carrey's the Grinch and the Mouth of Sauron from the Extended Cut of Return of the King. Would've preferred something closer to the TCW look. Longer snout, and less of the teeth. Nitpick though. Amazing to see him finally make the transition from animation.

8. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    Cad Bane has cheated death in TCW. He was supposed to have died in TCW as part of Boba's ascension to the best Bounty Hunter.

So now it's time for Boba to put an end to his archrival for good. If Boba wants to reinvent himself as a better crime lord, he must defeat his old self in Cad Bane.

Note how Cad Bane called Boba "a cold-blooded killer who works for the Empire."

It's honestly a less-than-subtle indication that Cad Bane is everything that Boba once was.

9. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Bane was incredible.

Best adaptation of an animated character so far to me.

VaderBoyee, Shaak Ti, Dandelo and 4 others like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I almost jumped out of my seat when Bane showed up. What an incredible appearance!

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    He even got the Omar Sharif emerging from the desert treatment.

Filoni did good.

12. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Not to mention how very much he looked like Lee Van Cleef in the Dollar movies. I mean, that's always been the obvious inspiration for the character, but this took it to a whole 'nother level.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Good catch. The clothing and the walk and the posture, yes, we've seen that comparison before. But actually, maybe that's what was behind the sort of...squinty face he has in this? I was comparing it to his TCW face, of course, and so it looked off. But with the Van Cleef comparison, I can easily come around!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  14. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Cad Banes introduction was absolutely awesome and very fitting for the character. Thoroughly enjoyed the scene with him and Cobb, even though I really hope Cobb survived. Also Banes introduction finally gives the Pykes a recognizable face and its even one Boba is very familiar with, so this really moved the story forward in a good way.

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Boba was inspired by Eastwood's "The Man with No Name" (um, Joe, Manco and Blondie), and Bane by Van Cleef's Col. Mortimer / Angel Eyes. I think we can see where this is going. :cool:

16. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I kind of wish he hadn't appeared in The Bad Batch. This being his first on-screen appearance since almost exactly a decade ago would have been incredible.

17. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I have no issue with the mouth, could easily be explained away with struggling with the desert heat.

18. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    You just knew poor Cobb Vanth was a dead man long before it happened, only two gunslingers quick enough... may be three, to out draw Bane.

The Sergio Leone/ Lee Van Cleef homage to Angel Eyes in The Good, The Bad & The Ugly was pure gold!!!

Shaak Ti likes this.
  19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Very cool live action addition.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Cade Bane live action, nuff said.!

clone commander bossk likes this.
  21. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Fantastic scene! Only gripe? The "Deputy" was (deliberately written to be) annoying, and only in this scene/episode so Cab Bane had someone to kill. CV will survive...

Jolee Bindo, Sarge and Sproj like this.
  22. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    What did everyone else make of his blasters sounding generic instead of the epic unique sound they have in the animated shows?

CampOfSorgan and Darkslayer like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    They're older and sand clogged.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So did this episode hint at Cad Bane never work for the empire and why we didnt see him in ESB.?

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He looked and sounded fantastic.