main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Cad Bane in TBOBF (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DannyD, Feb 2, 2022.

1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Nice jeans.

But they break the fourth wall for me.

(Unlike Duracell batteries and the rest).

He's definitely mod'ed beyond belief. He's more machine than man and a little re-wiring will bring him back from the scrap heap.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Ahem, it’s Duroscell.

3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Where are those pesky Jawas to steal his tech?

Sarge likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I can't remember, did he call anybody 'little lady' in live action?

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    No only to Ahsoka and Omega in Clone wars and Bad Batch.

6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    He seemed to say it in The Bad Batch far more than he ever did in The Clone Wars.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I find that hard to believe as he only said it to Omega once.

8. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    From what I've seen, he says it twice in all of TCW and three times in two episodes of TBB.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Question time. If this scene is canon, as the BoBF finale episode implies, then how was Bane able to dent a beskar helmet?

[​IMG]

11. Shadao

Shadao Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2017
    You think Bane would be stupid to bring in weapons that can't pierce Beskar to face off Boba Fett? The fact it managed to dent Beskar shows Bane literally went for the best weapon he had at his disposal... it's just proved to be not quite enough to deliver the killing blow that he wanted. So next time, Bane shoots to disarm Boba first, then remove his helmet for a clean headshot.

12. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    I've mostly been spoiler free on the Boba Fett show, have yet to really watch it all. On my DVR is all but no time to binge watch yet. As I have yet to watch the bad batch. I did though watch the Bane parts as Bane is far and away my favorite villain and heads and shoulders above Boba Fett who I really dislike. I don't have too many complaints on what I saw but am a little discouraged about how they handled Bane through the end of clone wars series and this one. I re-watched the Anakin, Ahoska and Bane encounter in the clone wars episode before watching Bane and Boba. I guess I will just have to live with the plot point of making Boba be some super guy better then any one else in the star wars universe. (kidding). Just my bias liking the character Bane over the character Boba. I would have preferred Ahsoka be the one to kill Bane making up for Anakin loosing to him previously.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So seeing as Nobody has said anything about Bane being dead and dispelled the rumors I am going to take that as it’s open that he is still alive

14. Justus_Cade

Justus_Cade Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    It's a good possibility. He is on a planet where someone could have taken him to a mod parlor to patch him up..or enhance him...whatever.

clone commander bossk and Sproj like this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I was quite disappointed with what they did with him. Looked cool, great voice, excellent first scene. But in the end, he felt superfluous.

And if they were going to end things the way they did, he should have been a presence throughout the show. Not shoehorned into the end of the second to last episode.

16. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    yeah it felt a little rushed.... I still haven't watched it all but adding in Luke, Din and Grogu seems to be adding a ton of non boba in a short series like this.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  17. Vasco_Rojo

Vasco_Rojo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2016
    Agreed, an unused character for sure….he is probably the best villain since Maul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sproj and CampOfSorgan like this.
  18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I don't know. If they introduced Bane earlier, he'd just have been standing around for most of the show, and folks would've gotten annoyed as well. As it is, his entrance into the show was pretty great, came at a good moment that worked for the story, and set up his final duel with Boba in the right way.

19. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree. They did the same thing with Maul in Rebels which is why I haven't accepted that episode that he supposedly dies in as canon.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  20. ArtemusGordon

ArtemusGordon Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2015
    Eh, did they? He's in five episodes, from a two-part season finale to the penultimate episode of the next season, and he has a major presence in all of them.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Fennec had a sniper rifle that could pierce beskar at close range.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  22. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I wish they hadn't killed Bane in that mediocre finale. The show should have explored more flashbacks of Boba post-AOTC, shown him work alongside Cad and eventually lead to their originally planned TCW stand-off. Show their shared history before having their duel to the death.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Sproj and SeparatistFan like this.
  23. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016
    Not at all, they did the complete opposite with Maul. They resurrected him and made him lived through both TCW and Rebels….he truly outlived his natural character life span. They should have killed Maul a lot earlier. And the even did a character extension of him.

24. Vasco_Rojo

Apr 21, 2016
    Agreed they should have made him survive somehow or leave that open to interpretation….or having kidnapped Grogu and then you have the setup for Mando 3

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Beskar projectile? The armorer says Din’s spear could pierce Beskar. Could Bane fire a bullet lazer mix?

Real world reason is Beskar wasn’t invented yet.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    clone commander bossk likes this.