main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Cad Bane Spin-off

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by InterestingLurker, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Cad Bane has an aura of badassery that makes him a fan-favorite, among other things. This is a guy that I think could work very well in his own live-action spin-off film. That right there has a lot of potential to it. Perhaps even one that pares him up with Jango Fett? And if he truly worked for the Empire during his later years, he could conceivably live past ROTJ since he's not "the best bounty hunter in the galaxy" anymore due to him not being a bounty hunter at all.

[​IMG]

2. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    A film on him just alone i think will never happen, his a cool character but since his only for the tv series, not many other fans would know him.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
  4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011

The best bounty hunter in the franchise.

Cad Bane >>>>> Boba Fett

5. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

The fans who aren't aware, and the infamous casual audience, do not need to know him, because to them he would be a new character. He isn't a character who is tied to TCW. For example, an Ashoka film might be difficult because so much of her story is tied to the TV series and would require some knowledge going into it. Cad Bane doesn't have that kind of baggage.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would much rather see a bane movie then a Fett

7. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Agreed, would die from excitement for a Bane film. He's easily a much better character and BH than Boba. Not only does he look (and sound) badass, he can also back it up with his actions. Just watch Hostage Crisis.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I really like Cad Bane. He was great fun in TCW. He made for a pretty memorable 'B'-level villain in the animated series.

That said, in the grand scheme of things, he's a role-player with probably next-to-zero name-recognition, outside of TCW fans. A bad-ass one, but still.

If Lucasfilm ever gets to the point where they are handing out spin-off films like candy? Yeah, Bane sounds like a fun guy to explore. So does Aurra Sing.

But as far as how things stand in the real world, where it takes a hundred-million (or more) dollar investment just to get one of these films off the ground? I just don't see it. I just don't think Bane has the kind of recognizability to carry a film of his own. I mean, even members of this hardcore fan forum are asking "Who?" So I don't exactly see Disney/Lucasfilm saying "Now, this is a guy we need to center a movie on. He's cash money in our pocket."

I will say this, though: I'd absolutely love to see Bane again. Especially if it's in a live-action role. Have him play an important role as the mentor in a Boba Fett film? Heck, yeah. Have Bane show up for a minute in Rogue One? Sure.

Maybe even a Cad Bane live-action series on Netflix? Awesome.

But an Anthology film of his very own? I just don't see it.

11-4D and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  10. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Bossk.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I remember. :)

I may not see a Cad Bane movie happening, but as I said, I do quite like the character. I'd definitely be down for something like that.

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015
    Live action or animated?

13. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Would love a an Anthology series centering on Bounty Hunters like Cad Bane, Boba, and new bounty hunters. Then have them get together in a big crossover bounty hunter movie.

14. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    A live action film where an alien is the main protagonist does not seem likely, IMO. Bane is one of the coolest characters in TCW, but let's face it. He ain't getting a film centered on him. Unless it's animated, which I could see.

15. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    Unless they can make him interesting this time around, I`d rather not waste any more Anthology films on "all style, no substance" characters. They can give him a minor role such as Boba Fett`s in ROTJ, I`d be fine with that.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    He's in Rogue One.

Wonder if he'll appear in the ST?

17. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Cad Bane is in Rogue One? Where???

18. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    That was an old rumour that turned out not to be true.

19. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I found him very intriguing and very quickly a favourite character when I started watching The Clone Wars. Plus Corey Burton = cool.

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    ZY-Fighter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.