main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Cad Bane's Posse- A Discussion & Challenge Thread *UPDATED 10.10.09 New Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Cad_Bane_Index, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cad_Bane_Index

Cad_Bane_Index Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2009
    "I'm in charge. I make the rules now."
    Cad Bane's Posse- A Discussion and Challenge Thread for Cad Bane

"A Ruthless Bounty Hunter from the planet Duro, Cad Bane is the preeminent blaster-for-hire in the galaxy. No quarry is too dangerous for Bane... if the price is right. Using an impressive arsenal of weapons and allies, the cold, cruel and calculating Bane will literally track his prey to the ends of the galaxy if he must." -From Beware of Bane, STARWARS.COM

First appearing in "Hostage Crisis", Cad Bane has quickly left a mark in the hearts and minds of Star Wars fans across the globe, he harkens back to a simpler western time, a classic gunslinger who's only out for himself. Were you looking for a Han Solo to the Prequel Trilogy, well, I say you just found him.

The starting quote of the thread defines Cad Bane's takeover, to me, of not only that era of Bounty Hunters, but of the Clone Wars animated series; he has evaded defeat several times, infiltrated the Jedi Order and escaped with a Holocron, while killing two Jedi in the process of the mission, and manipulating Anakin Skywalker to his ends, and now he's snatching babies!

This is a villain at its purest form, and the reason he has attracted my attention, and that of many others. There need be no sympathy, no relating to him, he is the villain. And that's all that matters, he's out for cash and the ride, as it were.

But what makes him so endearing, so captivating that you just have to see more of him? Is it that wide brim hat, the brilliant voice work from Corey Burton, or just that careless attitude. He attracted the attention of Darth Sidious, does that not say something? The Puppet Master of the War has a hostage situation that he wasn't even involved in, that's how good Cad Bane, and a reflection on how dangerous, he is.

Now where's the Cad Bane fiction, is what I have to ask? Of course, that's why this thread exists; to discuss and inspire Cad Bane fiction around the board, and to show just how interesting he is.

Our Discussion:

What makes Cad Bane so captivating to you?

The Challenge for this Month:

The Death Of Cad Bane

Write a story involving Cad Bane's death, how and when do you perceive the Bounty Hunter taking his last hoorah? What better way to strive for fiction than to begin with the end?

2. Cad_Bane_Index

Oct 10, 2009
  3. Cad_Bane_Index

Oct 10, 2009
  4. Cad_Bane_Index

Oct 10, 2009
  5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I think he's cool because he does deal in absolutes, as his master/employer Sidious does. And he doesn't hesitate. I'm reserving judgment on him being a favorite hunter because right now, he is pretty one-dimensional.

6. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    This is not a slight, but he's being set up as the next generation's Boba Fett. Case in point, when my children and I watched him for the first time; they immediately compared/contrasted him to our dear ol' Boba. I like the character, but thought they were easily taken in, which obviously led to an argument between myself and my kids. :p

I'm with Ish, he shows a lot of promise, but is somewhat one dimensional. Unfortunately I think it's gonna' be up to us fanficcers to truly flesh him out. ;)

7. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    for some strange reason I like Bane and plan on exploring his character. Though it would help if we knew more about him, you know, like his childhood and other parts of his past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.