main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lobey-One Kenobi, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Black Ops Cold War has started having its information released, teaser was brought out last week and the worldwide reveal was given tonight via the Warzone Battle Royale. Multiplayer reveal on September 9th.

Teaser Trailer

Worldwide Reveal

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    finally, a call of duty game.

as long as i can play as philip jennings in a wig and defeat the filthy american dogs, i'm in

darthcaedus1138 and BRE like this.
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Is Oliver North going to make an appearance in this one too?

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    better him than kevin spacey

5. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009

Cinematic for campaign.

Glad they've focused more on campaign than they did for Black Ops 4. Multiplayer reveal on 7th September, Zombies reveal presuambly also coming sometime later. There will be a closed beta and open beta (PS4 first) just like in recent years.

Official Release Date: November 13th

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't played a CoD game since Black Ops III. I heard 2019 Modern Warfare was good.

7. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, the 2019 one was pretty good. Probably their best campaign since the original Modern Warfare.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  8. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    Forgot to post this yesterday while it was live - the official Black Ops Cold War multiplayer reveal!

Lots of good gameplay, and a hint of Zombies thrown in for good measure. Looking forward to this game.

9. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I personally was not impressed with MW 2019's campaign. Offered very little that the OG MW trilogy didn't do better. Hell, MW2 had a more interesting statement on the War on Terror than MW 2019 did.

I enjoy COD as a mindless entertainment experience. Especially campaign wise.
    MW2, Black Ops 1, and Infinite Warfare had the best campaigns.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    What a horrible game.. These lobbies are unplayable.. But still prefer it over Modern Warfare..

11. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Played some zombies mode with my bros today, pretty fun. The regular multiplayer is just same old COD, boring.

Played some of the campaign and I guess I was dumb to expect better, but it's bad. The trailers were kind of suggesting a stylish, Michael Bay-ified Atomic Blonde, and the early missions kind of go down that path, but then it starts to feel more like Red Dawn. Too stupid and chaotic to be funny, just lame. Haven't finished so maybe it will get better idk. Not enough RoboReagan either.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want a laugh, SkillUp's review is well worth watching.

Deliveranze likes this.
  13. Lobey-One Kenobi

Nov 30, 2009
    I've skipped Vanguard all year as me and a friend had played waaay too much Cold War and needed a break. Anyway, through game sharing with a friend I've been able to try it out to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is. And it really is. Multiplayer has dodgy spawns, weapons sound really poor compared to 2019 MW and Cold War. I'm giving it a few more games just to try out different modes and guns before giving it up; but so far it has not been a fun experience. They've introduced something called 'pacings' which literally dictates what it says on the tin, with massively fast game speeds in the highest pacings. Not fun.

Zombies was awful. For anyone who played the Round Based Zombies from any previous COD, it's nothing like that now. Now the Rounds are dictated by you performing Objectives in different parts of the map, travelling via hilariously-slow portals. The same mindlessly dull objectives over and over again, very coordinated on when you get points and how you can progress. Just awful really, they showed how they wanted to go with the Outbreak mode in Cold War, but they've gone full hog in this one.

This video by Bricky is really good at explaining it:

I haven't tried Campaign yet (nor for Cold War) but if it's anything like the MP/ Zombies it'll be extremely disappointing.

In other news, Modern Warfare 2 is coming out in October. I'm excited for that, as I loved the original, and out of the last three games MW 2019 is the only one that seems to get near-universal praise. High hopes for this COD.