main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga Call Of The Siren (for the humor quote challenge) Obi/Siri 5/21/11 Ch 7 COMPLETE!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obimom, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Title: Call Of The Siren
    Author: Obimom
    Timeframe: post TPM
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Siri T, teenagers Anakin and Ferus Olin, OC
    Genre: Humor with some Drama and suspense...so a "Comedy/Drama" I guess :)

Summary: Anakin brings a young woman aboard the transport going back to Coruscant. A Sirenian who is trouble from the word go... rivaling the sirens in Homer's Odyssey.

This story was inspired by an episode of Firefly, which we really enjoy and wish it hadn't been cut short long before it's time. Anyone who has seen Firefly may recognize the episode that inspired this story. If so, please don't give it away...okay? Thanks! ;)

This story is also written (finally) in response to the humor quote challenge. The quote is used in the story (later) and will be revealed at the end of the story.

Oh, I nearly forgot..thank you, Val, for the beta!

Call Of The Siren

Chapter 1: An Unwelcome Passenger

Siri was annoyed.

The girl Anakin brought onto their ship asking for transport to Coruscant just rubbed her the wrong way. What had he been thinking? Well, he wasn't, Siri fumed, not with his brain anyway.

And then for Obi-Wan to agree! Siri had looked at him as if he had gone out of his mind. She told him so later. He had merely patted her shoulder and said,

"It will be fine. It's only for a couple of days. Besides, Anakin promised."

"Have you spoken to him about not making promises without talking to his Master first?"

"Yes, Siri. I was quite annoyed at first, but she seems nice enough."

"Do you know what her home planet is?" Siri asked pointedly, betting he didn't.

"No. I didn't ask her."

"Well, I did. Do you know where she is from? Sirenia."

Obi-Wan gulped. "Oh."

"Hm..and you think it will be fine." Siri couldn't hide her annoyance at him.

"Well, if we warn the boys and keep our guard up..."

"If
    you keep your guard up. I don't have to worry about mine." she had retorted.

That had been yesterday, just before they lifted off for home from their mission on Alta 7. Her fist slammed the wall as she continued down the transport corridor toward the med bay, remembering that aggravating conversation she had had with Obi-Wan.

"Just because we were given a larger than usual transport to accomodate a Healer and a med bay for this mission doesn't mean we can take passengers," she groused to herself. But it was too late now. They were well on their way to Coruscant with this beautiful young Sirenian woman aboard.

All she could do was try to keep her head while everyone else might be losing theirs.

The boys were enamored by her. Siri was hard put to keep her usually obedient and stoic padawan, Ferus Olin, from making moon eyes everytime she walked into the room. He and Anakin would jostle and push each other and almost get into a fight trying to be the first at her side. Siri found her padawan a few times just staring at her, lost in Vyxn's aura. Siri's command through their bond of "Focus, Padawan" was met with him blinking his eyes as if just awakening, and glancing apologetically at his master. Anakin was no better, even worse. He jumped at everything she asked for. Obi-Wan tolerated it for a short while until Anakin jumped to remove her shoes because she complained of hurting feet. Obi-Wan then pulled him aside and spoke to him privately. Siri wished she could have heard what he told him.

But what annoyed Siri the most was the way this young upstart seemed to target Obi-Wan. Everytime he walked into a room, she would practically fall all over herself to get close to him.

He seemed to be mostly resistant to her charms, which was hard even for male Jedi.

Sirenians females were nearly irresistible to males. They could use their eyes, their bodies and certain intoxicating scents to lure and intice males to them. It was understood that all females have this ability to a degree, but Sirenian females could take this ability to another level. Normal males didn't stand a chance, but even a male Jed

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

[blockquote]"Master Kenobi, I would LOVE to see your lightsaber in action."

Siri had been steamed. "I'll bet you would, you..." she had stopped her thought to watch Obi-Wan's reaction.

He had glanced at Vyxn with one eyebrow raised, then looked back down at the datapad and responded calmly, "Well, perhaps later Anakin and I can spar together, then you can see how we use our lightsabers."

Siri loved him for that. The girl looked confused for a moment, then said, "Oh...all right." She quickly recovered and changed her tactic. She looked up at him and cooed, "Oh, you have such lovely eyes, Master Kenobi, and such long eyelashes."

"You leave his lovely eyes alone!" [/blockquote]

Well, wouldn't a lot of us like to see that?! [face_whistling]

I agree with the lovely eyes - I love those eyes. [face_love] Can't wait to see how this develops.
    Siri might get more and more steamed....

3. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    So that's what she wants.;) Master Kenobi, I would LOVE to see your lightsaber in action."

so would I... Well he has a very nice action when he uses his light sabre I'm sure.[face_idea]

Siri is true to character and she will keep Obi-Wan on the straight and narrow.[face_love]

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Looks like we're in for some trouble! Loved how much Siri fumed about the situation. Great start--I sense some mishaps coming. Count me in for update pms please!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely start. Siri has another woman with eyes on Obi-Wan. That can lead to interesting situations.

6. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I love that Obi-Wan is immune to that girl - very Obi! He better find some way to reassure Siri...;) Although I absolutely agree he has lovely eyes and good lightsaber moves. And a mystery begins to unfold...intriguing! Good start

7. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_ScotThanks! She does have good taste in her choice of conquests, doesn't she? ;)

Thanks again for the beta![:D]

GkilkennyThanks! Siri will certainly try! [face_whistling]

Luna_NightshadeThank you! Now what is an Obi story without mishaps..;)

PMs are coming!

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! Interesting to say the least. [face_whistling]

serendipityaeyImmune? I'm afraid not totally. [face_worried] But resistant...definitely! Thanks!

Next chapter coming shortly! :)

8. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    CHAPTER 2 Lustful Musings

Vyxn slipped silently back through the vent to her quarters and quietly crept back into her room. She secured the vent cover then plopped onto her sleep couch thoughtfully.

Her employers would be very interested in the datapad the healer had. She would have to acquire it. Then she thought about Master Kenobi.

" He is so delicious," she thought to herself. "Those eyes could rival any Sirenian female's. And that physique! What I wouldn't do to get ahold of that." She licked her lips in desire. Those boys are fine for a diversion, and Healer Dunn...he's ok. But Master Kenobi! She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself in anticipation.

She arose from the sleep couch and entered the refresher to freshen up before joining the others for dinner. She looked into the mirror at her long blonde hair with wisps of curls around her face. Her large green luminous eyes stared back at her as she reapplied red lipstick to full lips. She changed into a clingy, form fitting evening dress that highlighted her features, adjusting it to allow just the right amount of cleavage.

"Now, not even a Jedi Master could resist this!" she said to herself. "My employers sent me here to find out what they know, but they never said I couldn't have any fun. I'll get that datapad, and finish my mission, but I'll have a little Kenobi, also. Or maybe a not so little Kenobi, if I'm any judge of male humans." She giggled to herself, confident in her conquest.

She wasn't intimidated by Jedi.

Sirenian women had some of the same abilities as Jedi, like shielding their presence and they were able to resist most Jedi influences, which was thought to be one reason they could entice male Jedi. One female in her race had parents noble enough to send their daughter, who in addition to her special gifts was also force sensitive, to the Temple. She had left the Jedi after several years due to the Council's threats of expulsion for continually getting other male padawans in trouble. No, being a Jedi was not for Sirenian women. Their mating urges ran too deep, their talents for luring males too strong. They were humanoid, looked basically like humans in every respect, but their pheromone levels were impossibly high and combined with their other talents they were nearly unstoppable when they had a conquest in their sights.

She glanced one more time into the mirror, blew a kiss to herself and left to join the others.

When she entered the galley, she was delighted to see the two young men's jaws drop and eyes widen as she entered. Anakin and Ferus fell over themselves to jump up and offer her a seat, much to their masters' chagrin. Vyxn gave them a brilliant smile, and sat between Anakin and Ferus. Ferus seemed flustered and he blushed as he stared at his plate. Vyxn turned her brilliant smile toward Obi-Wan, who himself had done a double take when she had entered the room and then turned his head to concentrate on his conversation with Siri.

"Hm, Master Tachi could be a problem," Vyxn thought to herself. They seem to have a close relationship. I know Jedi aren't supposed to have relationships...are they hiding anything? She pondered this as she took a bite of the stew that had been set before her by an anxious to please Anakin.

No matter, she finally decided. I always get what I'm after...and I'm after him. She turned her gaze to Obi-Wan.

"She's leering at you," Siri mumbled to Obi-Wan in a voice low enough only he could hear.

"I realise that. I'm ignoring her."

"I don't think she'll give up that easily, Obi-Wan. Be careful."

"Oh?" He looked at her with amusement. "Worried about my virtue?"

Siri glared at him. "It's not funny. Look how our Padawans can hardly keep their tongues in their mouths. Master Dunn seems to have escaped her attention for the most part."

"For which I am extemely grateful," said Master Dunn, who sat on Obi-Wan's other side. "Siri is right, Obi-Wan, I'd be careful around her. She seems to have set her

9. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [blockquote]" He is so delicious," she thought to herself. "Those eyes could rival any Sirenian female's. And that physique! What I wouldn't do to get ahold of that." She licked her lips in desire. Those boys are fine for a diversion, and Healer Dunn...he's ok. But Master Kenobi! She shivered and wrapped her arms around herself in anticipation.[/blockquote]

Can't say I disagree. I think a lot of us would like to "get ahold" of him. ;) On the other hand, possessive Siri is probably not something any of us would like to go against.

Does Obi-Wan break the spell, or must Siri break it for him? Do we get to see the two padawans make fools of themselves...[face_praying] ;)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sirenians were no good either in Greek mythology.

What will happen to Obi and the padawans?

Nice cliffie

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Come on Obi-Wan control yourself.:oops: I'm guessing that the Siren will get Siri out of the way and then where will your virtue be.[face_blush]
    I don't know, it seems like it is always up to us women to look after you Obi-Wan. If you let that woman in to your room I'm gonna knock some sense into you.[face_hypnotized]

:D

12. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Cliffie!

No, I wouldn't think that a Sirenian woman would be well-suited to be a Jedi. [face_laugh]

I love all the chaos this is causing for poor Siri. I hope Obi-Wan isn't snared! Great update.

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    His virtue! :eek: [face_laugh] Poor Siri, maybe she should just make it clear, Obi is hers!:p What a cliffhanger, I cannot wait to see what happens next. Obi-Wan is also going to need some comfort after dealing with all this... [face_love]

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_Scot Siri has good reason to be concerned about Obi-Wan. [face_whistling]

Does Obi-Wan break the spell, or must Siri break it for him? Do we get to see the two padawans make fools of themselves..

Well, since you beta'd this, you already have your answer! And Thanks! ;) Also Thanks again for the suggestions you helped me with for this chapter.

earlybird-obi-wan Sirenians were no good either in Greek mythology

No, they were'nt. Thats why when I wrote this character I thought it would be perfect to make her a Sirenian...;) Thanks for the comments!

Gkilkenny Oh, yes, Siri will get her two cents in later..[face_whistling] Thank you!!

Luna_Nightshade No, Sirenian women cause too much trouble for the men. ;) Imagine the havoc she could have made with some of the masters later on had she stayed and not learned to control herself...not suited at all. [face_blush]

serendipityaey comfort? Maybe some...but...you'll see. ;) Thank you for the comments!

And now, here is the next chapter. Valairy suggested I post a "cold shower" warning for this chapter so consider yourself warned. [face_blush] :D

CHAPTER 3 There Is No Passion

Ferus Olin couldn't sleep.

He lay awake in the darkened room listening to the soft snoring of his temporary bunk-mate, Anakin, in the next bed. The large transport had enough sleep cabins to allow the masters to have their own quarters, with the padawans sharing a room. They were not really friends, but made the best of it. With their masters being so close, they really had no choice.

Now their rivalry seemed to intensify because of a beautiful young woman aboard the vessel, and Ferus cringed at the thought. They should know better. They were Jedi.

But when this girl looked at him, he felt like there was no one else in all the galaxy except she. His heart pounded, his face flushed, he wanted nothing more at that moment than to have her attention.

Unfortunately she seemed to affect Anakin the same way. He blushed as he thought of himself and Anakin pushing each other, falling over each other to get her attention. When she had come into the common room the previous day, Anakin and Ferus had been sitting quietly as they studied their lessons on their data pads from their Temple classes.

As soon as she had walked in, both had dropped their datapads and jumped to their feet. She had greeted both with a big smile, and they had jostled each other to be the first to offer her a seat, to ask if she wanted anything. When she had complained of her feet hurting, Ferus had jumped to help her, but Anakin had bumped him and landed at her feet first, grinning like a fool as he quickly removed her dainty boots and began rubbing her feet. Ferus had felt his face flushing with annoyance and had thought about using a force push to get Anakin out of his way, but decided instead to offer Vyxn a cold drink, which she readily accepted. Feeling a little better at being able to do something for her, he went to the refreshment console at the side of the room.

While he had been getting her drink, he had heard a displeased grunt behind him. Ferus had turned to find Master Obi-Wan standing in the doorway, Master Siri behind him. Master Obi-Wan had scowled at Anakin, and then requested a private moment, making Ferus smile to himself.

His master cleared her throat; he looked up to find her frowning with disapproval. He ducked his head and meekly offered Vyxn the drink he had promised her. She took it distractedly with a slight glance and nod to him, then he had found himself ignored as her attention had moved solely to Master Obi-Wan. Ferus had retreated back to his seat and buried his head back into his datapad lesson and surreptitiously observed Anakin's reaction. Anakin had noticed her diverted attention also, and after Master Obi-Wan had finished speaking to him and he had nodded in uncomfortable acquiescence, Anakin had sat back in his own seat and wat

15. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Consensual lust or not, that was hot (fans self).

Poor Obi, so at someone's else control. For a man who prides himself on his control, that was horrible and his reaction is perfectly understandable.

The boys, now, had Vixyn come on to them would have been puddles of delight.

Just wait until Siri finds out about this; an angry Jedi is nothing to trifle with.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Bad Siren:mad:

But Obi-Wan could resist her[face_dancing]

And now Siri to the rescue[face_thinking]

17. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Wow! That girl is evil, I feel so bad for Obi-Wan, that was quite an intense experience he had! Part of me still really liked reading this, does that make me bad? [face_mischief] =P~ He *definitely* deserves some consensual comforting after that ordeal... Siri, where are you?!

Loved this. Your descriptions were particularly vivid here throughout, really great! Did he... :confused: ...nevermind... [face_whistling]

This was... racy... and I loved it [face_love] I can not wait to see what is next!!

18. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    Wow...this is quite the story here! I love the way you've written this. It's a very interesting setup and I can't wait for more! :D

Do you have a PM list? If so, could I be on it please? :)

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Ferus' musings about failing his Jedi training in regard to Vyxn was interesting. He's considering his actions whereas I don't think Anakin is giving it much thought. It sounds as though Anakin was a bit put off when Ferus remembered how Anakin behaved when he observed Vyxn's infatuation with Obi-Wan. Will you be exploring Anakin's thoughts on the matter?

I feel bad for Obi-Wan...his behavior after the incident was well-founded. :( Technically, he was in a situation where it could have been considered rape, from a certain point of view. Because of her ability to shield herself, he didn't see her coming and due to her abilities with seduction, had he been in his rational state of mind, Vyxn would never have made it inside the doorway. It was a blessing from the force that he was able to recall his relationship with Siri, Qui-Gon and Anakin. And because of those memories he gained the strength he needed to break away from her.

I look forward to seeing Siri's reaction to this. Question is, will Obi-Wan tell her or will Siri realize something's wrong by the way he behaves being she knows him well enough to see through any facade he would try to put on.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :) Please update soon. [face_praying]

20. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    He is HOT!=P~

I don't like her thoughts at the end. I hope Siri and Obi-Wan fix her little plan.

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    The boys' reactions are funny--very middle school-ish, and I like imagining them falling over themselves to get attention.

Yes, that interaction between the siren and Obi-Wan was shower-worthy, but I'm glad that Obi-Wan was able to resist. But I have a feeling she's going to try harder and he's going to need to be ready for it. Great update!

22. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Valairy_Scot Thanks, Valairy. [face_blush] Our Obi-Wan was overcome for a moment, but he overcame!! :)

As for the padawans, I'm kind of vague on their exact ages, but basically they're old enough to have raging hormones (without a Sirenians help - :p ) but too young for Vyxn to actually seduce. She enjoyed teasing them, flirting with them and loved their attention...she knows what she does to them...but she stops short of actually coming on to them, although you're right, they would be puddles of delight and probably be left in a puddle when she was done if she did seduce them, but even Vyxn has a few standards - well, a couple anyway....ok, maybe one...:D

earlybird-obi-wan Thanks! Bad Siren indeed...and she's not done yet. [face_whistling]

Yes, our Obi is an overcomer...[face_love]

serendipityaey Yes, she is quite evil - it took a lot for Obi-Wan to resist that. How many men in the real world could have resisted that? [face_thinking] (I mean besides "slash" :p

You enjoyed reading it? I enjoyed writing it - so what does that make me? [face_thinking] ;)

Loved this. Your descriptions were particularly vivid here throughout, really great! Did he... ...nevermind..

Thank you so much!! Valairy has helped me a lot with learning to write descriptions, and I'm thrilled with the quality of my writing now compared to a year ago.

Did he?...you mean the part where his body found it's own release? (while he was a huddled mess on the floor?)- [face_whistling] :D [face_shhh] Poor guy - but he comes to terms with it as you will see.

echo_girl_94 Thank you!! I so appreciate your comments and I will be happy to PM you. :)

bek Thank you!! Ferus had been compared to Obi-Wan as a Padawan, and he is more serious and stoic than Anakin, so I wanted to show that although Ferus was mesmerised by her as well, he had a little more restraint, and was more apt to realize how "un-Jedi" like he's being.

Siri's reaction - well, you'll get a glimpse in the coming chapter - :)

Gkilkenny Thank you so much!!

He is HOT!

Yes - yes, he is - [face_love]

Vyxn's not done yet [face_worried]

Luna_Nightshade Thank you so much!! I appreciate your comments. :)

Yeah - Vyxn is up to something - will have to wait a chapter to find out what though.

This upcoming chapter lightens things up a little as we get everyone's reaction to what Obi went through. This story is supposed to be a humor / drama mix in which I use the humor quote in it at some point (not till later though), and the last chapter was so heavy in the "drama" department, I decided to write at least the first part of this with some humor, along with some Siriwan moments [face_love]. Hope you enjoy it.

Once again - Many thanks to Val for the beta and suggestions for this chapter.
    @};-

CHAPTER 4: Laughter Is The Best Medicine - Right?

When Obi-Wan strolled into the galley the next morning, gasps caught his attention. He looked up to find four concerned Jedi staring at him. Anakin rushed to his side, barely ahead of Siri who had dropped her muffin onto the table and came up just behind him.

"Master, are you all right?" Anakin asked.

Obi-Wan nodded. "I'm fine. Just a bad night, that's all." Siri narrowed her eyes. She motioned for Anakin to step aside as she faced him and looked at him closely. Anakin retreated to his seat.

After the lengthy cold shower Obi-Wan had dressed and then spent the rest of the sleep cycle in deep meditation, releasing all the resentments and emotions of the previous few hours. After several hours he had finally found serenity again - for the most part. The headache that had descended on him after she had left had not dissipated. But he felt much better, even almost cheerful when he walked into the galley. The humiliation and resentment of what had happened was gone. He was no longer angry; his body had reacted the way a man's body would in such

23. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the banter between everyone. Very silly and Obi-Wan just fits perfectly for the awkward, embarrassed type. Hehehe--looking forward to the whole group encountering Vyxn. Doubt it will be pretty. Great update!

24. echo_girl_94

echo_girl_94 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 18, 2011
    Great update! I spent most of this chapter either blushing or giggling...or both...[face_whistling] :p

I could just hear Anakin and Obi-Wan's interaction. Very, very funny. :D

Thanks for the PM! I'm looking forward to more. :)

25. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    [blockquote]"So she came on to you, huh Master?"

Obi-Wan glanced at him warily and slightly nodded his head.

Anakin leaned forward a little, eyes eager. "Did she get naked?"

Obi-Wan gave him a sharp look. "Anakin...," he warned.

Anakin continued to tease his master. "I'll bet she did. What do you think, Ferus?"

Ferus cleared his throat, then croaked, "Leave me out of this. Please."

"Very wise decision, Padawan," Siri said, a slight edge to her voice. Obi-Wan cringed inwardly.

Ferus's head dropped lower as his cheeks reddened. He stared at his plate as though it might get up and walk away if he didn't watch it.

"Well, I want to know!" Anakin pressed. "How close did she get to you? Did she touch ...."

"Anakin! I don't believe this is appropriate conversation, especially to your master!" Obi-Wan said firmly. [/blockquote]

Poor Obi - facing his padawan was as bad as facing Vyxn.

[blockquote]"Oh, and what do you mean by that, my Padawan? Do you have someone more suited in mind? You perhaps?" Obi-Wan's dry comment brought an amused smile to the others' faces.

He grinned. "Well, I am younger and stronger. More athletic." He enjoyed teasing his master, and shook his head solemnly. "Why she would pick on an old man..." [/blockquote]

Hey - he's not old. Bad Anakin, bad Anakin.

[blockquote]Obi-Wan grimaced at her and raised an eyebrow in mock annoyance, and took a sip.

"Mmm, that's good tea," he thought, glad for the distraction.

"Thank you, Siri, you always know how I like it," he said.

"And don't you forget it," she quipped as she sat next to him at the table.

He shook his head slowly. "Oh brother."

Ferus stared, gaping at his master as Anakin opened his mouth to say something impertinent, but at the scathing look from both Obi-Wan and Siri, his mouth snapped shut.

"Best leave that one alone, Padawan," he warned. [/blockquote]

Gosh, yes, but Obi-Wan, you gave him the opening! Be wary of impressionable youngsters.

[blockquote]"So did she?"

"Did she what?" Obi-Wan wasn't sure he wanted to hear what she was going to ask.

"Get naked."

Obi-Wan stood still, looking straight ahead, then slightly nodded.

He felt her stiffen next to him.

"Did she get to you?"

Obi-Wan sighed. Siri could be blunt sometimes. Well, so could he - sort of - and make light of it at the same time.

He turned and looked her in the eyes. "Yes. She put pressure on me and I rose to the occasion." At Siri's astonished look he added,

"But I put away my lightsaber before I could do any real damage."

Her eyes narrowed.

"Hmm. So, did she - touch - your lightsaber?"

Obi-Wan continued looking at her, unblinking. "Yes, she did. And she got burned for it, too." [/blockquote]

Oh, ah, Siri - and Obi! [face_laugh] NIce he can laugh about it "the day after."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.