main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    New, Used and Salvaged, Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee stood back, and played the part of the silent bodyguard. It was a part she was comfortable with. She didnt explain to the others, that she was quite use to negotiating. After all, every time she took on a job, she had to negotiate her own contracts. She had learned quite a bit, in the few years she had been doing it. And had made quite a few mistakes in the beginning. But she got better at it. But of course, her skills relied on translations and documentations. And with that, one learned how beings spoke and the flow of words. So listening close, she could pick up quite a bit. So, she listened.

Maya took the lead in opening negotiations with the shadowy shopkeeper. Reading the list of needed parts the man grumbled a bit. The being behind the counter didnt seemed fazed one bit. "I might have the parts you need." He started looking at Maya, "But do you have the money to pay for it. Some of these can be a little hard to find."

Oh yeah. Gonna be a hard sell. Thallass started to speak now, starting off with his now trademark 'uhhhh.' "I'm sure we can trade for what we need." The guy looked over towards their captain. "I do deal in trade yes but, it depends on what you have…Stranger."

Hmmmm. Vee thought to herself.

"Um…" Thallass stepped forward pulling out a datapad. He showed the man some pretty pictures of pretty items. Vee wished she could afford to buy them herself. The dealer leaned in close, to look at the pics. "It's fine craftsmanship, ancient, made of gold and platinum. They'd be worth a lot to the right people." He lowered his gaze a little, "but, I'm not the right person, I work in salvaged parts and blasters." Yeah, that what the sign said. But Vee was sure he probably knew SOMEONE who delt in the stuff. After all, this was a docking station. You tended to know what your competition was doing. So why was this guy not saying anything. After all, he would most likely get a kickback? Hmmmm.

The dealer took a step back "If you're looking for work, I might know a few people in need of hands. Nothing dangerous or untoward but, might take a few days to get the money you need to buy these parts." OUCH! That expensive? He let out another breath, "Unless you need those parts today, then I'd suggest heading to the Bounty Hunting office. I hear there are a few bounties available, might make enough to pay for what you need." Hmmm. Something didnt smell right. She looked at Thallass, and then she looked at the guy.

Meanwhile, Thallass simplly nodded his head and looked at some of the weapons on the wall. He looked back to Maya and Vee, "Well what do we do now?" he asked hands in his pockets, "Should we visit the bounty hunting office?" He shrugged his shoulders, "Or meet with …" he gave a glance to the shopkeeper, "our contact." Geeze. Could the guy grow a backbone? She looked back at the dealer for a moment, and then Thallass. She leaned over, like she was about to say something, and then stepped back, and laughed aloud as she spoke. She was playing a hunch.

"Hah! You're funny boss. But you really gotta stop playing here. Or else we'll never get done." Vee stepped up to the counter. "Gotta excuse the boss here. He's got a strange sense of humor." Vee tilted her head towards him. "But seriously, he was trying to keep a low profile and all. But he aint no stranger to these parts." Vee stared at the shopkeeper.

"He's Diomeade's kin. Falkirk. I'm sure you know the name." Vee was playing a hunch, after hearing the guy, and the way he stated the word.. 'Stranger'. "He's on a bit of a mission for 'em, ya understands." Vee noted, and then she nodded. "We gots some weaponry too, if that helps ya jog yer memory on whats available. Course, " Vee gave a nod towards Thallass, "If ya can help point us to someone who might know someone else..that always be helpful too..." Vee tilted her head. "Also, what kinda salvage you deal with?" Vee asked wtih a grin.

She hoped her hunch paid off.

TAG: GrimdarkRose, galactic-vagabond422

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lefty
    Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Nothing but a refill, if you would be so kind" The stranger said getting up from his seat and moving over to the rowdy table. Lefty dutifully mixed the drink and set it on the side nearest the armored individual.

"There you go," she replied as he spoke again,

"Gentlemen," the odd core worlder started. "You're partially correct. Falkirk is in town. But not the one you know. The hero of this station we all so dearly know suffered a heart attack aboard his ship, and is now in an Imperial Hospital on Ord Mantell." Several of the old beings rub their chests, possibly survivors of the same affliction, a curse of growing old. "My name is Tanner Darsten -Scoundrel, smuggler and occasional gentleman." Tanner gave a short, mock bow, behind the bar Lefty stifled a laugh with her natural hand. "I was in Diomeade's service - and still am. With me, is the rest of the crew, and our captain, Thallass Falkirk." At the mention of the name the bartender's brown eye and yellow both widened, her face frozen in a look of near shock. Out of a reflex it seemed she ran her metal hand though her hair.

The Togruta companion of the now identified Darsten also moved nearer to the 'Old Guard'. "I'm also part of Falkirk's crew." She explained "We have stopped here for information about..." She paused, for a moment and Lefty swallowed hard, something about this situation had unnerved her "Well, I should let cap' explain it."

"Thallass," Scar said scratching his chin, "is that Diomeade's boy?"

"I didn't know he had a kid." One of the patrons called out an older Sullustan woman.

"Well he is married," A Devaronian with deep wrinkles around his eyes replied,

"He's married?" Scar, retorted obviously surprised by this revelation,

"Yeah, I think her name was like Phobos or something." At the bar Lefty's metal hand clenched around the durasteel counter top, leaving a slight indentation, a sign of her growing annoyance.

"But, does that mean he has a son?" The noise of the conversation would have drowned out any correction Tanner and his companion tried to make.

"It's within the realms of possibility I guess." The chatter continues incessantly going off the few facts they had, the tension grew on Lefty's face, her eyes glaring at the booth.

With sloppy shaky movements, that seemed filled with rage, she poured a shot of Rancor Killer into a glass, spilling more than a small amount on to the bar top. She downed the clear liquor in one gulp, her face twisting into one of pain as she bore the burning sensation that coursed through her, "You idiots." She yelled silencing not just the 'Old Guard' but, nearly the entire bar. "Diomeade's son is named Bastrio, Thallass is his grandson. Which you would know if you ever learned about the man instead of just swapping stories of your damned glory days" Her voice shook with anger, all the kindness her face one held had evaporated. The whole bar quieted giving worried glances at the bar, at Lefty. "and his wife's name is Phoebe damn it." She turned away in a huff pointing to one of the other workers behind the bar. "Take over," she said before disappearing into the back. It's another long silence before the conversations pick up again.

"What's her problem?" Scar asked turning back to his group.

"Way I hear it," a human with long wispy white hair answered, "She's got a history with the Flakirks."

"Bantha Poodoo," the Sullustan said shoving what looked like the oldest among them on the shoulder. "If she'd had a history with him she would have told us by now."

"You know Lefty," the old man said, "She doesn't reveal much, keeps her cards close to her chest." With a withered finger he pointed back to the bar, "Like how she got her metal appendages, she says it was an accident, but, never goes into detail."

"Then how do you know she's got a past with Falkirk, and what kinda past we taking about here, was she…" the Sullustan paused looking side to side, "You know…" A few of the patrons put two and two together then looked to the bar, possibly picturing the woman complete rather than her current cyborg form.

"Nah," Scar said waving his hand, "She's way too young for him. Besides he's married right?"

"Doesn't mean he was always, and doesn't mean he was loyal."

"Nah, Our Diomeade wouldn't do anything like that, never." A few shoulder shrugs and the 'Old Guard' returned to their drinks. Scar gestered to the two beings that claimed to be part of Diomeade's crew. "Come on pull up a chair. Drinks are on us, least we can do for Diomeade's friends."

TAG: Shekel_1383 AbsolX
    _____
    IC: Thallass Falkirk

"Hah!" the sudden laugh from the Human caused Thallass to jump a little, "You're funny boss. But you really gotta stop playing here. Or else we'll never get done." Vee stepped up to the counter and the shop keep turned his hooded attention to her. "But seriously, he was trying to keep a low profile and all. But he aint no stranger to these parts." The man on the other side of the counter raised an eyebrow, "He's Diomeade's kin. Falkirk." The shopkeep's brow furrowed a little possibly in thought, " I'm sure you know the name. He's on a bit of a mission for 'em, ya understands. We gots some weaponry too, if that helps ya jog yer memory on whats available. Course," she turned to the teenaged captain, and he suddenly remembered the stuff Ari had given to him. He started searching his pockets finding the few items "If ya can help point us to someone who might know someone else…that always be helpful too..." She tilted her head a movement matched by the strange being she was conversing with, "Also, what kinda salvage you deal with?"

"Well stranger," he began in his raspy voice, "I work in ship salvage, there's crews that go out to wreck sites and take whatever's still useful and sell it here." He had a little chuckle, "With no questions asked of course." He looked back to Thallass as the Duros came forward with the blaster packs and 'Net Ball' Ari had given him. "And I have heard the name Falkirk before, spoken highly of on this station." As the teen put the items on the trasparasteel top the other man looked them over. A deep sigh ruffled the bandanna over his mouth.

"This will pay for most of it, and the rest I'll consider a public service account of your famous family and all. Don't want to get on the wrong side of a hero."

A weak smile grew on Thallass face, until his comlink crackled to life, "Captain Falkrik" it was Tanner, though it was a little hard to hear over all the background noise. "You and the gang should come on down to Vagrants. There are some people you should meet. I'll even buy you a drink."

"Oh," the mysterious man said, taking the objects off the table, "Free drinks at Vagrants, don't let me hold you up, just give me your docking bay and I'll have the parts delivered." Thallass did so knowing that Rei would warn him if anything were to happen, and hurried off to Vagrants, eager to put the whole episode behind him.

Remembering the signs he found his way quickly to the drinking establishment. No one seemed to bat an eye at an obviously too young being entering the space. He found Tanner sitting with a group of older beings around his grandfather's age. As he approached he heard a voice he recognized, it was the man from the control tower, that one that said he knew his grandfather.

He turned his scared visage to the boy, "You must be Thallass." He said in his distinctive draw, "we just heard about you, sorry about what happened to your grandpa, he's a good man, hope he pulls through." Thallass took a chair pulled up next to the man with a long scar on his face.

"He was stable when we left." He replied with a shaky voice. "I think he'll be ok."

"That's good to hear," Scar replied pouring a drink and setting it in front of the 'Captain'.

Thallass regarded clear liquid carefully, almost interrogating it. He leaned in close and sniffed it. He recoiled a little as his nose burned. The older beings had a bit of a laugh.

"Come on boy it's not going to kill ya'." Scar said almost goading the poor lad on.

With a shaking hand he picked it up and almost brought it to his lips when a cold hand squeezed his right shoulder.

"Nope," A female voice said, "Not on my watch kid," Thallass was too frozen by the eerie hand to turn his head to see who had come up behind him.

"Lefty come on," Scar protested, "It won't hurt nothin'."

"Rules are rules Scar." She shut him down with a smile. "Come on kid get up."

The 'Kid' remained seated, not out of rebellion just out of fear. Then gently Lefty lowered herself down and whispered something in his ear, something that caused his eyes to widen even more. Without delay he got up and followed the woman, not towards the exit but, towards a back room away from the others. A few of the 'Old Guard', those that weren't already deep in the bottle, noticed this with curious expressions.

"Maybe she's going to give him a stern talking to." The Devaronian remarked.

"Yeah, maybe." The old human agreed nodding his head.

TAG: Ktala GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose, Ktala and Shekel_1383 like this.
  3. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Ari also moved up to the Old Guard, next to Tanner.

"I'm also part of Falkirk's crew." She explained "We have stopped here for information about..." She paused, for a moment and Lefty swallowed hard, something about this situation had unnerved her "Well, I should let cap' explain it."

"Thallass," Scar said scratching his chin, "is that Diomeade's boy?"

"I didn't know he had a kid." One of the patrons called out an older Sullustan woman.

"Well he is married," A Devaronian with deep wrinkles around his eyes replied,

"He's married?" Scar, retorted obviously surprised by this revelation,

"Yeah, I think her name was like Phobos or something."

Amidst the confusion, Tanner turned around and grabbed his drink from the bar. Lefties metal hand was angrily clenched around the table top, leaving a clear indentation.

"But, does that mean he has a son?" The noise of the conversation would have drowned out any correction Tanner and Ari tried to make.

"It's within the realms of possibility I guess." The chatter continues incessantly going off the few facts they had, all the while Tanner leant against the bar sipping his drink. There wasn't any point trying to interrupt them, he'd just have to wait until they settled down.

With sloppy shaky movements, that seemed filled with rage, she poured a shot of Rancor Killer into a glass, spilling more than a small amount on to the bar top.

"Easy there" Tanner turned his neck to say, it was obvious that she was getting angry, he could even sense it. Nevertheless, she downed the clear liquor in one gulp, her face twisting into one of pain as she bore the burning sensation that coursed through her.

"You idiots." She yelled silencing not just the 'Old Guard' but, nearly the entire bar.
    "Diomeade's son is named Bastrio, Thallass is his grandson. Which you would know if you ever learned about the man instead of just swapping stories of your damned glory days" Her voice shook with anger, all the kindness her face one held had evaporated. The whole bar quieted giving worried glances at the bar, at Lefty.
    "and his wife's name is Phoebe damn it." She turned away in a huff pointing to one of the other workers behind the bar.
    "Take over," she said before disappearing into the back. It's another long silence before the conversations pick up again.

Tanner took a bigger-than-usual gulp from his drink, surprised that someone who seemed at least relatively happy could snap so easily. Diomeade must be a soft spot for her, for whatever reason.

"What's her problem?" Scar asked turning back to his group.

"Way I hear it," a human with long wispy white hair answered, "She's got a history with the Flakirks."

"Bantha Poodoo," the Sullustan said shoving what looked like the oldest among them on the shoulder. "If she'd had a history with him she would have told us by now."

"You know Lefty," the old man said, "She doesn't reveal much, keeps her cards close to her chest." With a withered finger he pointed back to the bar, "Like how she got her metal appendages, she says it was an accident, but, never goes into detail."

"Then how do you know she's got a past with Falkirk, and what kinda past we taking about here, was she…" the Sullustan paused looking side to side, "You know…" A few of the patrons put two and two together then looked to the bar, possibly picturing the woman complete rather than her current cyborg form.

"Nah," Scar said waving his hand, "She's way too young for him. Besides he's married right?"

"Doesn't mean he was always, and doesn't mean he was loyal."

"Nah, Our Diomeade wouldn't do anything like that, never." A few shoulder shrugs and the 'Old Guard' returned to their drinks. Scar gestered to the two beings that claimed to be part of Diomeade's crew. "Come on pull up a chair. Drinks are on us, least we can do for Diomeade's friends."

Tanner smiled at the offer of free drinks. They always tasted better when you weren't paying for them. He grabbed his glass and pulled up a chair beside them. Tanner was just about to get into a tale of one of his adventures, when Thallass and the rest of the crew who were on the station walked in to the establishment. Tanner raised his glass to them as a greeting.

Scar turned his scared face to the boy, "You must be Thallass." He said in his distinctive draw, "we just heard about you, sorry about what happened to your grandpa, he's a good man, hope he pulls through." Thallass took a chair pulled up next to the man with a long scar on his face.

"He was stable when we left." He replied with a shaky voice. "I think he'll be ok."

"That's good to hear," Scar replied pouring a drink and setting it in front of the 'Captain'. Thallass seemed both fascinated and disgusted by the drink. Tanner didn't blame him, it was cheap mid-rim trash. But it would do for someone's very first drink. He took it to his nose and took a quick sniff, instantly drawing back from it, revolted. Tanner shared in a laugh with the rest of the patrons.

"Come on boy it's not going to kill ya'." Scar said almost goading the poor lad on.

With a shaking hand he picked it up and almost brought it to his lips when a cold hand squeezed his right shoulder.

"Nope," A female voice said, "Not on my watch kid," Thallass was too frozen by the eerie hand to turn his head to see who had come up behind him.

"Lefty come on," Scar protested, "It won't hurt nothin'."

"Oh, it would probably hurt him a little bit, but that's why we drink it right?

"Rules are rules Scar." She shut him down with a smile. "Come on kid get up."

Thallass remained seated, not out of rebellion just out of fear. Then gently Lefty lowered herself down and whispered something in his ear, something that caused his eyes to widen even more. Without delay he got up and followed the woman, not towards the exit but, towards a back room away from the others. A few of the 'Old Guard', those that weren't already deep in the bottle, noticed this with curious expressions.

"Maybe she's going to give him a stern talking to." The Devaronian remarked.

"Yeah, maybe." The old human agreed nodding his head.

"Aught to be interesting" Tanner said as he got up from the table. He followed Thallass and Lefty to the door they went through - taking his drink with him. He didn't go through the door, but leant beside it, intently focusing on listening in to what Thallass and Lefty were saying.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 Ktala GrimdarkRose AbsolX

4. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue

"He's Diomeade's kin. Falkirk. I'm sure you know the name. He's on a bit of a mission for 'em, ya understands." Perhaps stretching the truth slightly, or at least bending it, but Maya could almost see where she was coming from. And even more incredibly, Doc-Vee's tactic appeared to be working. Maya gave the woman the telepathic equivalent of a quiet round of applause, not really expecting her to pick up on it but deciding it would be best to save the wide grin threatening to spread across her face for a more appropriate time. "We got some weaponry too, if that helps ya jog yer memory on whats available. Course, " Doc-Vee gave a nod towards Thallass, "If ya can help point us to someone who might know someone else..that always be helpful too..." Doc-Vee, having succeeded in her apparent mission to talk the shopkeeper into submission, tilted her head and added as an afterthought; "Also, what kinda salvage you deal with?"

The human woman hadn't wasted time, and Maya thought she could sense irritation at Thallass' inexperience. Personally, Maya thought that was a little harsh, given what the poor guy had been through not twelve hours ago. If it were her, she'd have collapsed into a shaking pile on the floor long before now. But hey, time was something of an issue here and the sooner this was all wrapped up the better. Or maybe that was just Maya's long-dormant cautious side making its voice heard for perhaps the first time, much to her annoyance.

Maya's mental celebration faltered, before returning in full force when she heard the shopkeeper's final verdict: "This will pay for most of it, and the rest I'll consider a public service account of your famous family and all. Don't want to get on the wrong side of a hero." She gave Doc-Vee a sideways look and Thallass the customary raised eyebrow at 'hero', and only barely stopped herself from punching the air in triumph. This whole thing had been beyond stressful. Thallass needed to either get over his fears or appoint Doc-Vee as his personal representative in all business matters, and fast.

Thallass' comlink crackled to life, "Captain Falkrik" it was Tanner, though it was a little hard to hear over all the background noise. "You and the gang should come on down to Vagrants. There are some people you should meet. I'll even buy you a drink."

Well, kriff. That sounded tedious as all hells.

"Oh, Free drinks at Vagrants, don't let me hold you up, just give me your docking bay and I'll have the parts delivered." Maya nodded her thanks to the shopkeeper, and mentally bemoaned the upcoming trip. It wasn't that she disliked bars and such per se, but... Oh wait. That was it. She disliked bars and such, on the grounds that nothing good seemed to happen there. Then again, this would be an excellent chance to get all sorts of contacts and information without spending so much as a credit. She fell into step with Doc-Vee as the trio exited, and they made their way to Vagrants.

Once there, Maya stayed out of the way as Thallass was handed a drink by a scarred being whom she decided Doc-Vee would be the one to handle, and listened to what the other beings were saying about their former Captain. Apparently he was a local hero of sorts, something Doc-Vee had figured out far before she had and which surprised her more than she felt it should. Of course he'd be some kind of hero. Had she really thought any old spacer would have the combined courage and stupidity to seek out a fictional and incredibly dangerous Sith treasure?

Her mind was catapulted back to the present by the sight of a woman with a cyborg arm (and nobody could prove that Maya's first instinct was to rush to her and exchange cyborg stories, nobody at all, shut up Jemima) taking the drink out of Thallass' hand and guiding him to a back room. Maya followed, curious, and saw Tanner doing the same. She moved so she was opposite him, leaning against the door out of sight of Thallass and the woman, and raised an imaginary cup in his direction, before turning her attention wholly to Thallass and his mysterious new friend.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, Shekel_1383

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    New, Used and Salvaged, Trìewahl Docking Station & Vagrants

Vee was holding her breath, as she held a steady eye with the shopkeeper. She was holding steady as Thallass had come forward, and pulled out the equipment he had somehow forgot he was carrying. Vee watched as the shopkeeper looked at everything on the counter, and then looked back up.

"This will pay for most of it, and the rest I'll consider a public service account of your famous family and all. Don't want to get on the wrong side of a hero."

'WOOOHOOOO!!!' Vee mentally shouted to herself, as she let go of the breath she had been holding, and leaned back. Her plan had worked. She gave the man a swift nod, as she adopted a neutral stance, seeming quite satisfied. An interesting sensation came from Maya, and Thallass..well, he was just his normal nervous self. Thallass' comlink crackled to life, "Captain Falkrik" it was Tanner. "You and the gang should come on down to Vagrants. There are some people you should meet. I'll even buy you a drink."

Vee raised an eyebrow, but didnt say anything. She merely chuckled softly. The shopkeeper spoke up then. "Oh, Free drinks at Vagrants, don't let me hold you up, just give me your docking bay and I'll have the parts delivered." Maya nodded her thanks to the shopkeeper, while Vee made sure that their Captain gave the shopkeeper the needed info. And if he didnt, she would be sure to. She also paid attention to what the shopkeeper had answered with regards to her question about what type of scrap he dealt with.

"Well stranger," he began in his raspy voice, "I work in ship salvage, there's crews that go out to wreck sites and take whatever's still useful and sell it here." He had a little chuckle, "With no questions asked of course." Vee nodded. "Of course." Useful enough knowledge. Also, might need to warn Rei. Because some scrappers might not simply go to 'wreck sites.' She nodded once more. "Thanks. Good to know."

Vee noted that Thallass nearly left space tracks in his wake, in his efforts of leaving the shop. Vee had to walk quickly to keep up with him and Maya, though she fell in step, slightly behind the pair, to keep an eye out on in case anyone approached them. She also, clipped her comlink, and called Rei, informing her of the parts that should be delivered sometime soon, and that she should be on guard, just in case. With that, they all quickly made their way to Vagrants.

Vee walked in behind the others, and immediately began to scope out the place, even as Thallass was guided towards the table with the others, and handed a drink. Listening, it was as Vee had guessed, and that Falkirk was something of a hero. Even MORE so here. A living legend? How could some of it NOT rub off this kid? Vee sighed. Perhaps it was just too soon. After all, he had just had some major changes happen to his life, in such a little time. Vee listened to the talk around the table, even as she ordered a drink herself.

Thallass didnt get a chance to enjoy his drink however, when a female, with an arm similar to Maya's stopped him in his tracks. She took the drink out of Thallass' hand and whispered something to him, which had his eye get big. Whatever it was, it was enough to get him moving, and he followed as she guided him to a back room. Maya followed, curious, and saw Tanner doing the same. Vee wondered if perhaps that woman was the contact that his grandfather had spoke of. With both Maya and Tanner tracking Thallass, she didnt think they needed her at the moment. So she turned her attention to the old timers drinkng at the table. "Maybe she's going to give him a stern talking to." The Devaronian remarked. Vee grinned. "Yeah, maybe." The old human agreed nodding his head.

Vee simply picked up the drink that Thallass had left behind, and took a huge swig of it. It would not effect her anyway, but it looked good. She nodded to the others at the table as well as Ari. "So gents." she started off. "I only had the pleasure of working with Falkirk for a little bit, before I started working with the new boss." Vee grinned. "So tell me, I'd love to hear some stories of the old Captain's escapades." Vee took another swig from th e glass. "What did he do, that made him so famous here?" she asked the guys. She was prepared to listen to some great stories here.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Shekel_1383, AbsolX, GrimdarkRose

6. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Vagrants, Back Room, Trìewahl Docking Station

The cyborg brought Thallass to a back room looked like some sort of break room and storage room put together.

"Sit," she said gesturing to a chair, Thallass followed the command and looked her up and down. He wondered just how much of her was cybernetic, it looked like her entire right side had been blown off.

"So," the young man started, "How do you know my father?"

Her left eyebrow rose, "Straight to the point, must be genetic." Lefty leaned casually against a wall crossing her arms. "Well I was part of his crew."

Thallass's brow furrowed, a little annoyance, and a small bit of jealousy enter his heart, "A lot of people were part of my father's crew."

"Ok, a lot did but, he made an impression on me." Her mind was filled with wonder and pain harkening back to a time that feels like a lifetime ago to her. "When I first met him I was a screw up eighteen year old, with no skills and no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I did however know where I wanted to go, anywhere but home." Her thoughts turn to feelings of rejection, unworthiness and, anger, recalling her last conversation with her parents. "I couldn't go back and it seemed no one wanted to hire a scrawny girl with no experience. That was until I ran into Bastrio. He needed a hand and I had two of them, back then."

She gave a slightly whimsical look at Thallass, "You look a lot like him, I guess it's not surprising. Your eyes are always looking beyond, to the next thing, the next star." The teen looks down a little embarrassed. "Any way he sort of became the mentor I always wanted. He believed that I could be something more than the failure I was told I was. He was also one of the few people that gave a damn about people like me." Another touch of anger flared in her as her mind brought up all the teachers that had given up on her.

"Bastrio showed me the galaxy…" she paused for a bit before continuing, "Have you ever seen the Fire Rings of Fornax. They're amazing." She tucked a stray lock of hair back behind her ear, smiling a little. She recalled looking out from the bridge all alone watching the rings, they were the most beautiful things she'd ever seen. She remembers warm arms wrapping around her cold shoulders. Her thoughts stopped, replaced by feelings of shame, longing, and a deeper attachment than a pupil to a mentor.

Thallass was quiet for a beat, trying to process all of this, as his anger at his own father grew a little. Why did he do all of this for a stranger but, not his own son. "Sounds like fun." He replied sneering.

"Well it wasn't all galactic wonders, there were dangers too." She said downplaying all the wonder and natural splendor she witnessed while under the explorer's tutelage. "I mean how do you think I ended up like this?" Lefty gestured to her durasteel and wire limbs.

"How did that happen?" The young Duros asked looking up, curiosity in his eyes.

Now it was Lefty's turn to go all quiet. Her left, human, hand touched the cold steel of her opposite shoulder. Residual pain washed across her body causing her to shiver a little. She took a deep breath to settle herself then spoke, "We were hired by a client, some tech firm guy, to help him search for a lost civilization, so he could reverse engineer their tech for his own ends. It didn't seem all that dangerous at first until we entered their city. Whoever these people were they took their security seriously. There were still active automated defenses along with more than a few improvised explosives that were still live." She paused again, loss running though her mind, "we lost a few crew just getting in, they were my friends, my first friends."

She fought back tears for a little bit, then continued, "well me and Bastrio were working our way, slowly, though the traps and tricks laid out before us, too slowly for the client. He rushed forward worried we'd take his prize for ourselves. I foolishly chased after him. Next thing I knew I was on the ground blind in one eye and covered in my own blood." Her ears ring with her own terrified screams from that time, she thought she was going to die, and her mind wasn't ready for that. "If it wasn't for your father I'd…Well I'd be dead right now. He used his blaster to cauterize my shoulder and leg then carried me back to the ship, leaving the client to his own devices." The stinging heat of the blaster blots searing her flesh radiates out from her missing appendages causing Lefty to wince a bit. "I don't blame him, we'd lost enough already." All throughout her speaking a feeling of being uncomfortable kept her chest tight, like she'd never told this story to anyone until now.

"After that, and for…other reasons." More shame entered her mind, "I left the crew, Bastrio did what he could to help me, got me this arm and leg." He held up her near skeletal right arm, "I found my way here, a place where old spacers swap stories of their adventures. It let me live vicariously through their tales rather than experiencing them myself."

A silence took over the conversation. Lefty shifted anxiously from foot to foot, her metal one creaking ever so slightly. "Did you keep in contact with my father?" Thallass asked breaking the almost unbearable quiet.

"I did my best," Lefty sighed, running her hand over her head, "but, you know how he is, he's never in the same place and hard to pin down."

"Yeah I know, and he never has time for anyone but his crew." The boy remarked almost bitterly.

She moved across the space standing next to him. "Hey, he cared about you a whole lot. He wanted you to see all the things he saw too."

"He had a funny way of showing it, he left me with my grandfather all the time." Thallass snorted slightly, "Hell you probably spent more time with him than I did."

"Language kid," she rebuked him, "Your father wouldn't want you speaking like that." She let out another sigh, she was obviously out of her element but, was soldiering on just the same. "And he was waiting for you to make that choice, he didn't want to force you into the family business like your grandfather did."

"Hey," he pulled away disgusted, "My grandfather never forced me to do anything."

"That's not how Bastrio tells it. While Diomeade never out right forced him to do something, your father never felt like he had a choice. That the only way for his father to even notice him was to do what the old man wanted."

Thallass crossed his arms, it seemed a family tradition for Falkirk men to have issues with their fathers. "You wouldn't happen to know where he went?"

"Hum…" Lefty said a little surprised by the question.

"My dad, you wouldn't happen to know where he went when he disappeared?"

"I'm sorry, not really, we were a little out of touch." He hung his head again. "but, look he contacted me before he disappeared." Thallass's head snapped back up. "He said he might be making a visit, I asked where he was coming from and he told me he wasn't sure yet but, that if he found what he was looking for he could retire, not that he ever would." Lefty smirks off to the side. "Man's a workaholic."

Another sharp breath from the boy, "Of course wouldn't mention me."

"Hey," Lefty chided Thallass, "He might not have always shown it but, your father loved you and wanted the best for you." She let out a slight hiss looking away, "Maybe that's why he worked so hard, and let you sort of find your own way."

"Heh, yeah I really lucked out with my parents."

"Come off it kid, you think you're the only one with parent issues. There's a galaxy full of people that have it worse than you." Her voice rose slightly, "I know bad parents, had some myself but, I'm not going to play 'Who has it Worse' with you. Bottom line is that your father wanted you to find your own way in this galaxy, without him influencing you, he wanted you to make your own decisions."

Lefty stopped her rant and took a breath. "Was this a perfect plan," she started again her voice a little lower a little calmer, "I guess not, but, at least he tried, and at least he cared about what you thought. A lot of parents treat their kids like their stupid and can't think for themselves, deciding every little detail of their lives without any input from the child." The bartender's face turns into a snarl, painful memories of her own upbringing came to her mind. "And when they start trying to think for themselves the parents call it disobedience and punish the kid for it, or write them off as a problem child." She stopped herself from going any deeper, she'd already revealed too much.

"Thanks for the pep talk." Thallass said getting up, "Now if you'll excuse me I have other things to do."

She stepped forward grasping his hand tightly in her metallic right hand, the Duros winced slightly. "If I hear anything about your father," her heart feels a little lighter mentioning Bastrio again, "I'll tell you right away, just leave a way for me to contact you."

"Thanks, I guess," he paused momentarily to give her a frequency for contacting Rei, then headed towards the door.

"Hey," Lefty called out, causing Thallass to pause for a bit, "When you see your father, tell him…" She looked off to the side rubbing her arm, conflicted feelings of guilt and attachment welling up inside her, "Tell him Key says hi."

"What?"

"Key, it's what your father called me, it's short for, Keylashecholgannacanought." The name rolled off her tongue like water, and her heart nearly skipped a beat recalling the day Bastrio had given her the diminutive.

Thallass let out a breath, "If I see him, I'll make sure to tell him." With that the young Captain nearly stormed out of the room, heading straight for the exit. His mind swirling with questions but, right now he just wanted to be done with this place.

TAG: Shekel_1383 GrimdarkRose
    _____
    IC: Scar
    Vagrants, Main Bar, Trìewahl Docking Station

"What did he do, that made him so famous here?"

The booth goes quiet for just a moment, then burst into laugher, "The little lady wants a story." Scar said leaning back in his chair. "Who wants to tell it?"

"Well," the Devaronian, "You should Scar,"

"You tell it the best," the Sullustan followed, "You were with him on board the 'Indomitable'."

"Alright, Alright," Scar said holding his hands up. He turned to the goggled human, smirking a little. "Well it all started when Foren arrived, screaming about a huge Separatist fleet making their way towards the station."

"Man was as pale as a ghost," the old human with white hair added.

"Now he managed to out run them, his ship 'Kessel's Darling' was the fastest in the galaxy."

"But, not as fast as the 'Millennium Falcon'." The devilish man interjected.

"Ah that Captain Solo has no idea what he's talking about." He pointed, almost angrily at his companion. "The 'Darling' was and is faster." After taking a breath, Scar continued. "Well Foren got here a few hours before the fleet arrived. So we only had that amount of time to get ready. Now some were thinking of fleeing, we're spacers of every stripe, not soldiers. But, Ol' Diomeade wasn't about to let the Seppies take this station, they could harass shipping up and down the Hydian Way, cut off the Republic bases in the Outer Rim." A slight laugh left Scars mouth, "Diomeade, being the top notch navigator, worked out where the fleet would be entering the system using Foren's data. So he took as many shipping containers as he could and stuffed them full of fuel, and a bit of explosives." More chuckles slip between the old timers' teeth. "As well we had a trump card." He put his arms on the table, really getting into his story. "Someone was trying to smuggle an Ion Bomb, one that could shut down a ship for hours, and fry the droids. It took some convincing." The Sullustan cracked her knuckles, "but, we eventually got the man to see things our way and he "gave" us his cargo. So we put the bomb into one of the shipping crates and littered it and the others all around the entry point. Then we waited."

"Felt like an eternity," the old man piped up again,

"I was sweating like a Gamorrean, but Diomeade was cool as ice. Then when the fleet jumped in, it all went off. Some of the smaller ships were destroyed instantly by the mines we set, but, their Flagship the 'Indomitable' was barely even scratched, that's when the Ion Bomb went off." He spread his hands out pantomiming an explosion, "Boom, and the largest ship I'd ever seen, went dark." Another pause letting his comrades smile remembering that moment. "Now any sane being would have high tailed it out of there, get out while the getting's good but, not Diomeade. He wasn't going to just take that little victory. So he asked for volunteers, to go aboard the 'Indomitable' and set her to blow. A ship that big going up, it would shatter what was left of the fleet. It was crazy and dangerous, so of course I was the first to step forward."

"Heh, I thought he was insane," the stout woman said shaking her head. "So I stayed right where it was safe, in my ship."

"So me and a few other people, most of them Diomeade's crew, got on his ship with as many envirosuits as we could scrounge up. With the droids fried as well it was easy to get to the engine room and slap charges everywhere we could. Everything was going smoothly and some of the salvage crews had started picking apart the husks of the disabled frigates."

The old man sat up a bit as if the story wasn't over yet and, was only now getting to the best part. "We should have known something was up," Scar continued, "When Foren said he remembered more ships being in the fleet he saw. Well just as me and Diomeade were about to get back onboard his ship, the rest of the Separatist fleet jumped in. Now Diomeade only had a simple freighter at the time, it would have gotten shredded like flimsiplast in a cyclone by the big ships that had appeared. Some of the salvage ships that were out there got turned to slag faster than I could blink. So there was no leaving."

Now everyone at the table was leaned in, "That's when Diomeade comes up with the most brilliant and crazy plan I've ever heard, the ship was about to come back on line and when it did the droids could also start reactivating. So he, his crew and I rushed to the bridge and sealed ourselves in, then we waited, waited for the behemoth to wake up, and when it did, the Seppies didn't know what hit them. They were scrambling like a heard of spooked nerfs, two collided into each other just trying to escape the withering fire the now captured 'Indomitable' was putting out. Once they got their act together we'd already trashed their battle line."

Scar smiled deeply coming to the end of his story, "Since the first fleet didn't have time to soften up the stations defenses their droid transports got wrecked by red lasers just tearing through them. Some made it onboard but, with the time Diomeade had bought, the guys back on the station were able to set up defense points and traps to utterly destroy any clankers that made it in. We weren't quite out of the woods yet. Even with their flagship taken out of play and turned against them the Separatists were still fighting, the 'Indomitable' had taken a lot of damage and was probably not going to make it out of this alive, it never was in the first place. Diomeade maneuvered the hulking ship into a position where if it exploded it would do the most damage possible. Only problem was, there was an army of droids between us and his ship. When I ask how he planned to get past them …"

Scar sits back a bit smirking, "He turns and smiles at me saying- 'Easy lad, we'll just open a window'." The human said in his best imitation of the old Duros, the rest of the table laughs as if it was the punchline to some longwinded joke. "So he opens the hangar and deactivates the magcon field. Within seconds the ship loses all of its atmosphere drawing out a sizable portion of the remaining droids, into the void. We open the doors and take off in a mad dash to our ship, blasting droids as we go. One of the droids exploded sending bits of shrapnel that caught me right here," he gestured to the scar that gave him his name sake. "Thankfully we were already onboard and away from that ship. Once safely away Diomeade hit the detonator, and I got the witness the biggest explosion I've ever seen. It was glorious watching the smaller ships go up in flames, taken completely by surprise. Once we got back, everyone lauded us as heroes, and gave us free drinks at Vagrants. From that day on Diomeade's name is spoken with due reverence. That Duros saved the station, and quite possibly the Republic, if it wasn't for that snake in the grass Palptine grabbing all the power for himself."

"Shh…not so loud Scar." The Devaronian said chastising his friend.

"But, it's the truth, the war was won, he didn't have to get rid of the Republic, and I'm not so sure about the Jedi staging a takeover."

"Don't let other's hear you say that," the horned being's voice was serious, almost pleading, "Or you'll disappear."

"Heh, let them come, I may be old but, I can handle myself." Before anyone could interject Scar caught some movement out of the corner of his eye, it was Thallass making a beeline for the exit. "Uh…Miss," he said addressing the woman that had been listening, "You might want to catch up with your Captain, seems to have a fire under his feet."

"Guess that stern talking to was a bit too much for him." The old man commented.

TAG: Ktala AbsolX

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants Bar, Trìewahl Docking Station

As the man, Vee learned later on that his name was Scar, began to tell the tale of the old Captain Falkirk, Vee quietly turned on her datapad. She LOVED recording and hearing stories of the old days, and so she sat, listening enthralled as the old spacers told their story. She grinned a bit, as they brought up other names and people that she had heard about, and for the most part fell silent, as she listened to their tale. She wondered if Rei had every heard of the tale? Either way, she listened in, totally enjoying every last minute of the tale. If Diomeade did even HALF of the stuff they claimed, he was certainly one heck of a spacer!!

As Scar reached the end of his story, he sits back a bit smirking, while he delivers what Vee could only guess to be the 'punchline' of the story, as they all broke into gales of laughter. He did a pretty fair impersonation of old Duros too. As they fell into laughing, Scar continued. "Once we got back, everyone lauded us as heroes, and gave us free drinks at Vagrants. From that day on Diomeade's name is spoken with due reverence. That Duros saved the station, and quite possibly the Republic, if it wasn't for that snake in the grass Palptine grabbing all the power for himself."

Suddenly the tone turned very different, as the Devaronian was quick to intervene."Shh…not so loud Scar." The Devaronian said chastising his friend.

"But, it's the truth, the war was won, he didn't have to get rid of the Republic, and I'm not so sure about the Jedi staging a takeover."

"Don't let other's hear you say that," the horned being's voice was serious, almost pleading, "Or you'll disappear."

Vee's eyes grew a bit wide, as she looked from Scar to the Devaronian. Disappear? Scar didnt seem worried about it one bit. "Heh, let them come, I may be old but, I can handle myself."

Before anyone could say anything else, Scar and Vee caught movement out of the corner of their eyes, it was Thallass making a beeline for the exit. "Uh…Miss," he said addressing Vee, "You might want to catch up with your Captain, seems to have a fire under his feet." Vee tried her best not to groan. "Guess that stern talking to was a bit too much for him." The old man commented.

Vee looked over at Ari, with a slight tilt of the head. Tanner and Maya were still there. Let them babysit the 'Captain.' Aftr all, they had followed Thallass to the door. Right now, she had another thing to ask. Vee looked over at Scar. "Great story! I sure wish I had served with em a little longer to learn more. But I'm glad I had the chance to learn!" Vee tapped the drink against the table, before taking another swig from it. "I'll let the others chase after him, I'll catch up." Vee grinned for a moment, and then turned serious. Vee lowered her voivce.

"Now..what's this mess about dissapearing? It got anything to do about some 'Slasher' I heard some kids talk about?" she asked the gathered group of men. "If there's a nutjob running around, I'd sure like to know about it." she added, with a firm nod of her head.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Shekel_1383, AbsolX, GrimdarkRose

8. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Vagrants Bar
    The rest of the crew had joined Tanner and Ari in the bar. However, some of the other patrons had no idea of the old spacer's history. This annoyed Lefty greatly. After a quick shouting match, as Ari stayed quite because she didn't think it was a big deal. Lefty then took Thalass back into the room, probably to tell him some secret.

Vee had no idea why the Farlik's were heroes here, so she spoke up,"So gents, I only had the pleasure of working with Falkirk for a little bit, before I started working with the new boss. So tell me, I'd love to hear some stories of the old Captain's escapades. What did he do, that made him so famous here?" she asked the patrons.

Scar leaned back in his chair. "The little lady wants a story. "Who wants to tell it?"

One alien said "Well, You should Scar"

"You tell it the best," another said, "You were with him on board the 'Indomitable'."

"Indomitable?" Ari thought,"So the Boeri wasn't always his ship.."

Vee had taken out her datapad and began recording the tale for later reference. Ari started listening to the story too.

"...if it wasn't for that snake in the grass Palpatine grabbing all the power for himself." That stalled Ari out of imagining the amazing battle sequence Scar was describing. She swore if she was a Cathar her ears would be twitching right now.

"Shh…not so loud Scar." The other alien said.

"But, it's the truth," Scar snapped back,"the war was won, he didn't have to get rid of the Republic, and I'm not so sure about the Jedi staging a takeover."

"Don't let other's hear you say that," Scar's friend said. His voice dropped out of any friendly banter into a deadly serious tone, "Or you'll disappear."

"Heh, let them come, I may be old but, I can handle myself." Scar said. Ari was about to offer Scar a place on the crew. That skill would be needed, and what was a truther when you already had two Jedi and one of the empire's most wanted.

"Uh…Miss," he said to Vee, "You might want to catch up with your Captain, seems to have a fire under his feet." Ari looked to wear Thallass had entered, seeing him storming out. Ari decided to leave Maya and Tanner to deal with the young captain. They were closer anyway.
    "Now..what's this mess about disappearing? It got anything to do about some 'Slasher' I heard some kids talk about?" Vee whispered to Scar.

9. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Outside the back room

"So," Thallass started, "How do you know my father?" Maya shut out all other chatter and did her best to focus on his emotions. Anticipation, trepidation, hunger- wait, that's me. Kriff, would it kill the guys in here to get a hold of their feelings a little?

Lefty's eyebrow rose. Maya wanted to talk to this woman, she imagined they'd have a lot in common. "Straight to the point, must be genetic. Well, I was part of his crew." Mays shot a sidelong glance at Tanner.

"A lot of people were part of my father's crew." Jealousy. Definitely his this time, probably.

"Ok, a lot did but, he made an impression on me." Her mind was filled with wonder and pain harkening back to a time that feels like a lifetime ago to her. "When I first met him I was a screw up eighteen year old, with no skills and no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I did however know where I wanted to go, anywhere but home." Maya bit her lip at phantom feelings enough like her own experiences, in those early days, for any suspicion to disappear. Think I can guess the next bit. She latches on to someone who gives her a purpose, a place in the galaxy. She's taught the skills of the trade, and sees all the wonders the galaxy has to offer. Finally, she's at home with all of who she is. She never wants it to end, and then it does. "I couldn't go back and it seemed no one wanted to hire a scrawny girl with no experience. That was until I ran into Bastrio. He needed a hand and I had two of them, back then." Ten points to me. "You look a lot like him, I guess it's not surprising. Your eyes are always looking beyond, to the next thing, the next star." Embarrassment from Thallass, and Maya remembered at the last moment not to share a telepathic nudge of kindness, in case Thallass recognized her efforts and spotted them.

"Anyway he sort of became the mentor I always wanted. He believed that I could be something more than the failure I was told I was. He was also one of the few people that gave a damn about people like me." Another touch of anger flared in her, once again echoed by Maya, and she fought down bitter memories. Five years of keeping them down and I'm defeated by a karking bartender. So much for all that.

"Bastrio showed me the galaxy…" she paused for a bit before continuing, "Have you ever seen the Fire Rings of Fornax. They're amazing." Her feelings went from fond remberance to feelings of longing and an attachment Maya assumed to be romantic love to shame and sadness in the space of about two seconds. Maya noted passion, yes, but burning shame too, and a horrible sensation of loss. As a teenager, Maya had tried her best to make herself feel something for someone, desperately wishing to be 'normal', but Lefty's sorrow was nothing like what she had ever known, and Maya could only force back tears and be glad it would never happen to her. She glanced towards Tanner to see his reaction, and hoped he'd be too busy to notice her own.

"Sounds like fun." Thalass replied, sneering but fooling neither Maya nor Tanner. That jealousy was back, bringing anger with it, and Maya almost relaxed, back in her own emotional territory. Bastario, while clearly Lefty's idol, didn't seem to deserve the praise heaped on him.

"Well it wasn't all galactic wonders, there were dangers too." Maya didn't need to be romantic to know that was stretching it. "I mean how do you think I ended up like this?" Lefty gestured to her own cybernetics, and Maya patted her own reassuringly. It's ok, sweetie, she didn't mean it like that. The arm, thankfully, didn't respond.

"How did that happen?" Thallass asked.

Her left, human, hand touched the cold steel of her opposite shoulder. Maya felt her residual pain and they both shivered a little.

Lefty took a deep breath to settle herself then spoke, "We were hired by a client, some tech firm guy, to help him search for a lost civilization, so he could reverse engineer their tech for his own ends. It didn't seem all that dangerous at first until we entered their city. Whoever these people were they took their security seriously. There were still active automated defenses along with more than a few improvised explosives that were still live." Was that her loss and sadness, or Maya's own? "We lost a few crew just getting in, they were my friends, my first friends." Kriff. What kind of family did this woman have, and when could Maya give them a good kick somewhere painful?

"Well me and Bastrio were working our way, slowly, though the traps and tricks laid out before us, too slowly for the client. He rushed forward worried we'd take his prize for ourselves. I foolishly chased after him. Next thing I knew I was on the ground blind in one eye and covered in my own blood." Maya felt Lefty's pain second-hand, ignoring the sense of deja vu. "If it wasn't for your father I'd…Well I'd be dead right now. He used his blaster to cauterize my shoulder and leg then carried me back to the ship, leaving the client to his own devices." Which wasn't the best medical or tactical decision, but Maya was hardly in a position to judge. "I don't blame him, we'd lost enough already." Maya felt slightly guilty, listening in like this.

"After that, and for…other reasons." More shame; no prizes for guessing what that meant, "I left the crew, Bastrio did what he could to help me, got me this arm and leg." He held up her near skeletal right arm, "I found my way here, a place where old spacers swap stories of their adventures. It let me live vicariously through their tales rather than experiencing them myself."

"Did you keep in contact with my father?"

"I did my best," Lefty sighed, running her hand over her head, "but, you know how he is, he's never in the same place and hard to pin down." Maya personally thought that was a good thing.

"Yeah I know, and he never has time for anyone but his crew."

Maya mouthed Not worth her time to Tanner, as Lefty rushed to defend Bastario, "Hey, he cared about you a whole lot. He wanted you to see all the things he saw too."

"He had a funny way of showing it, he left me with my grandfather all the time." Thallass snorted slightly, "Hell you probably spent more time with him than I did." Bastario Falkirk: Dad of the kriffin' year.

"Language kid," she rebuked him, and it took a moment for Maya to remember Lefty wasn't a mind-reader. "Your father wouldn't want you speaking like that. And he was waiting for you to make that choice, he didn't want to force you into the family business like your grandfather did." If that's a good enough excuse, I'm a great furry bantha.

"Hey," he pulled away disgusted, "My grandfather never forced me to do anything."

"That's not how Bastrio tells it. While Diomeade never out right forced him to do something, your father never felt like he had a choice. That the only way for his father to even notice him was to do what the old man wanted." A little hypocritical for the father who loved his crew more than his son, Maya thought.

rs. "You wouldn't happen to know where he went?"

"Hum…" Lefty said a little surprised by the question.

"My dad, you wouldn't happen to know where he went when he disappeared?"

"I'm sorry, not really, we were a little out of touch." He hung his head again. "but, look, he contacted me before he disappeared." He's not worth it, Thallass...

"He said he might be making a visit, I asked where he was coming from and he told me he wasn't sure yet but, that if he found what he was looking for he could retire, not that he ever would." Lefty smirks off to the side. "Man's a workaholic." Ugh

Another sharp breath from the boy, "Of course wouldn't mention me."

"Hey," Lefty chided Thallass, "He might not have always shown it but, your father loved you and wanted the best for you." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Maybe that's why he worked so hard, and let you sort of find your own way."

"Heh, yeah I really lucked out with my parents."

"Come off it kid, you think you're the only one with parent issues. There's a galaxy full of people that have it worse than you." Her voice rose slightly, "I know bad parents, had some myself but, I'm not going to play 'Who has it Worse' with you. Bottom line is that your father wanted you to find your own way in this galaxy, without him influencing you, he wanted you to make your own decisions." And now, Maya summarised, he would have to make decisions not only for himself but for an entire crew.

Lefty continued her rant: "Was this a perfect plan, I guess not, but, at least he tried, and at least he cared about what you thought. A lot of parents treat their kids like their stupid and can't think for themselves, deciding every little detail of their lives without any input from the child." More mental upset. Maya couldn't blame her. "And when they start trying to think for themselves the parents call it disobedience and punish the kid for it, or write them off as a problem child." Maya thought of her home. Zeltron kids almost never knew their fathers, and she'd never known any other way of life until she'd started to travel. Given all she'd learnt, she was happy with her own situation.

"Thanks for the pep talk." Thallass said getting up, "Now if you'll excuse me I have other things to do." Maya drew back slightly, in case he made a break for the exit. Somehow she doubted either of the room's occupants would be happy to find eavesdroppers.

"If I hear anything about your father, I'll tell you right away, just leave a way for me to contact you."

"Thanks, I guess," he handed over a frequency.

"Hey," Lefty called out, causing Thallass to pause for a bit, "When you see your father, tell him…" She looked off to the side rubbing her cybernetics, conflicted feelings of guilt and attachment practically overflowing from her, "Tell him Key says hi."

"What?"

"Key, it's what your father called me, it's short for, Keylashecholgannacanought."

Maya mouthed the name, testing it out, then drew back sharply at Thallass' next words, "If I see him, I'll make sure to tell him."

That was a dismissal if Maya ever heard one, and she moved a little into the crowd, indicating for Tanner to do the same. Once he'd passed, she grabbed Tanner's wrist to make sure he'd follow and headed after their captain as fast as she could with a tall Jedi in tow.

"Thallass, wait!"

TAG: Shekel_1383, @galactic_vagabond422

10. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Maya pulled up on the other side of the door, lifting an imaginary cup in his direction. Tanner did the same -with his actual cup - in return, and sloshed the rest of his drink down his throat.

Listening in to Lefty's story, Tanner sensed a whole manner of emotional shifts. Jealousy, anger, frustration and loss, all capped off with a twinge of happiness. Lefty's tale was one of heartbreak, all too familiar in this galaxy. Tanner got that Thallass's father was a father figure to her, and the disaster that struck them did more than tear her body apart- it shredded her emotions too.

"Did you keep in contact with my father?" Thallass queried after hearing her tale.

"I did my best," Lefty sighed, running her hand over her head, "but, you know how he is, he's never in the same place and hard to pin down." Lefty replied.

"Yeah I know, and he never has time for anyone but his crew." Thallass replied in turn.

Maya mouthed "Not worth her time" to Tanner, he winked back in acknowledgement.

However, as time went on, Lefty eventually descended in to a rant, mostly about parenthood and the conflicted responsibilities that come with it. It was almost an argument between Thallass and Lefty, to see who had it worse. A sigh escaped Tanner's mouth during the latter part of their conversation. At least they didn't find their family slaughtered in their own home.

Rather abruptly, Thallass ended the talk.

"Thanks for the pep talk, now if you'll excuse me I have other things to do." he said, getting up towards the door. Tanner noticed Maya shift away from the door, perhaps to avoid being noticed. Tanner remained where he leaned, not caring if he was found eavesdropping.

"Hey," Lefty called out, causing Thallass to pause for a bit, "When you see your father, tell him…" She looked off to the side rubbing her cybernetics, conflicted feelings of guilt and attachment practically overflowing from her, "Tell him Key says hi."

"What?" Thallass shot back.

"Key, it's what your father called me, it's short for, Keylashecholgannacanought."

Tanner looked back over to Maya and mouthed the name, his faced scrunched in an amused confusion.

"If I see him, I'll make sure to tell him." Thallass said as he exited.

Maya took the initiative, moving in to the crowd to follow Thallass, indicating for Tanner to do the same. Tanner walked to catch up wit her.

"Hey maybe we should give him some spa-" Tanner didn't have time to finish- it was probably not a wise idea anyway, especially on a Station such as this. Maya grabbed his wrist, pulling him along in to the crowd -following their captain.

"Thallass, wait!" Maya shouted.

"Kid!" Tanner shouted, but cut himself off realising his mistake. "-I mean, Captain! Wait up!"

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

"Thallass, wait!" Maya shouted after Thallass, he didn't stop his eyes not moving from the exit. He felt wrong, and conflicted.

"Kid!" Tanner called after, the young Duros snorted though his nostrils, he wasn't a kid anymore but, he wasn't a grown up either. Trapped in that awkward and strange middle ground, too old to be led around by the hand but, not old enough to make all your own decisions.

"What!" he turned around eyes flaring with anger, the kind of anger that only a teen could have. He was torn apart by so many different emotions, anger, jealousy, abandonment, and he lacked the words to express, nor the capability to handle them. "You have another life lesson you want to give me," his words were loud but, not enough to silence the other patrons. "Another adherent to the Cult of Falkirk, want to regale me with tales of my grandfather's greatness, my father's bravery." The words left his chest like the contents of cooking pot boiling over, hot and unending, filled with the rage of a kid thrust too early into the resposablity of adulthood.

"Well I'm neither of them, I'm my own damn person, and I can take all the expectations that are put upon me, you all are expecting me to become something I'm not, I'm not my grandfather, I'm not my father, so stop looking for me to become them." A tear began to form in the corner of his eye. Part of him knew he was overreacting, that Maya and Tanner were just trying to help, that they hadn't put these expectations upon him, he did that all on his own. He was the one holding himself to the standard of those that came before him. And right now he just couldn't take it anymore.

He turned away teeth gritted, head down, fighting back the tears that so desperately wanted to fall. With his eyes on the floor he didn't notice the towering Catuman coming his way. Thallass's shoulder bounced off the rather large being causing them to spill whatever they were carrying.

A hiss sounded from behind and a meaty three fingered hand wrapped around the teen's shoulder. "Excuse you," The felinoid grumbled turning the Duros around, "You should watch where you're going boy."

That set Thallass off, his mind so full of teenaged anger he wasn't thinking straight, and the next words out of his mouth were about to make things so much worse of him. "You should have gotten out of my way Fatty."

Another hiss from the much larger being as he clamped down on the captured shoulder, "You should show some respect, take some responsibility for your actions little one." A massive fist with spiked knuckles pulled back, Thallass could now see a red stain down the front of the being's green tunic. "Maybe I should teach you some manners."

TAG: Shekel_1383 GrimdarkRose HunterPrime
    _____

"Great story!" the curious human said, "I sure wish I had served with em a little longer to learn more. But I'm glad I had the chance to learn!" She tapped her drink against the table and took a drink from it. "I'll let the others chase after him, I'll catch up." Scar shrugged his shoulders, if that was her decision who was he to criticize.

She leaned in closer lowering her voice conspiratorially, "Now..what's this mess about disappearing? It got anything to do about some 'Slasher' I heard some kids talk about?" The beings around the table sit up at the mention of the 'Slasher' obviously more worried about that then the mention of Palpatine. "If there's a nutjob running around, I'd sure like to know about it." She nodded her head eyes set.

There's a long silence the old man coughed into his hand trying to break the tension. The first to speak up was the Devaronian, "Well, I don't think it has anything to do with the 'Slasher' but, even on this station those that speak out about the Empire have a habit of, just not being there the next time you plan to see them."

"Come on, Drogen," Scar retorted, "Stop being so afraid, if someone doesn't say something, things won't change."

"I'd rather survive thanks Scar."

"There's a difference between surviving and living, friend." The old man added,

"See," Scar jumped in again, "Manx is right, it shouldn't be like this, having to work so hard every day just to get by. It was better under the Republic."

"Speak for yourself," the Sullustan piped up adding her voice to the conversation, "The Clone Wars took away all the peace, all the security we once had, I don't think the Republic would have been the same afterwards. We were afraid, scared, I think the Empire was inevitable."

"Not you too Nianne."

"It's just how I feel." She responded with a shrug. Another silence settled in, the four beings looked at each other then back to their guests.

"Anyway," Scar started again breaking the silence, "The 'Slasher, is a bit of a legend on this station." His voice is low like sharing a story around a campfire. "No one knows where they come from, or who…or what they even are, they just seem to kill, we've had three killings just this last week link to them. But, they've been around for five, maybe six years now."

"Ah," Manx, the old man, interjects swiping his hand though the air, "These last few aren't the work of the 'Slasher' just an imitator."

"But, the markings Manx, they're the same as all the other ones."

"You're wrong Scar, they just look similar but, they're written in a different hand. This is just a fan that has gone too far."

"It doesn't matter," Nianne said rubbing her arms, "It's still terrifying, the way they leave their victims, all cut up, in bits and pieces. It's monstrous, like nothing I've ever seen."

"But, there's always so little blood," Drogen stepped in, "With as much damage as they do you'd expect there to be far more blood."

"They could be dead before they get cut up." Scar added.

"Well, I hope so, I'd hate to go through that while I was still alive." The table goes silent once again everyone looking at the ground.

TAG: Ktala AbsolX

12. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"What!" Thallass shouted as he span 180 degrees on his heel to face Tanner and Maya.

"You have another life lesson you want to give me," his words were loud but, not enough to silence the other patrons. "Another adherent to the Cult of Falkirk, want to regale me with tales of my grandfather's greatness, my father's bravery?" Tanner winced a little, he just wanted to help the poor boy. Full of teenage angst, Thallass continued,

"Well I'm neither of them, I'm my own damn person, and I can take all the expectations that are put upon me, you all are expecting me to become something I'm not, I'm not my grandfather, I'm not my father, so stop looking for me to become them." Tears began forming in the corner of his eye. Thallass quickly jolted back round, eager to get away. Unfortunately, his haste blinded him to the fact that his shoulder was on a collision course with a towering Catuman coming his way. His shoulder bounced off it's chest, casuing it to drop whatever liquor it was carrying. Tanner knew where this was heading. He leaned in close to Maya's ear so she could hear him over the crowd.

"Get ready for something to happen" he said in expectation.

A hiss sounded from behind Thallass and a meaty three fingered hand wrapped around the teen's shoulder. "Excuse you," The felinoid grumbled turning the Duros around, "You should watch where you're going boy."

That set Thallass off, his mind so full of teenaged anger he wasn't thinking straight, and the next words out of his mouth were about to make things so much worse of him. "You should have gotten out of my way Fatty."

Another hiss from the much larger being as he clamped down on the captured shoulder, "You should show some respect, take some responsibility for your actions little one." A massive fist with spiked knuckles pulled back, Thallass could now see a red stain down the front of the being's green tunic. "Maybe I should teach you some manners."

Tanner was all for letting Thallass handle himself. He was all for teaching him to be a man, but Tanner had to intervene. First -Thallass was his captain damn it, and they had to look out for eachother. Second, Thallass was still only a kid, no matter how much he did protest, and Tanner would be dammed if he watched as some punk Catuman in a bar beat him to a pulp. And third, Tanner remembered the promise he made to Diomeade- to bring back everyone in the crew in one piece. He could feel anger -and a little tinge of excitement- grip him as he moved once again up to Maya's ear.

"Get. Thallass." Tanner said through gritted teeth. "Get him, and get out of the bar" Tanner began to walk past Maya, towards the Catuman. He turned around and winked at her.

"Don't worry about me, and don't wait up" he finished.

Tanner walked briskly up to the punk Catuman, who was currently facing away from him, who had dared to lay a finger on his Captain. Tanner reached his hand in to his cowl, above his holster, obscuring his hand. He used the Force to pull his custom blaster out from it's resting place - it snapped perfectly in to his hand. In one quick, smooth movement, Tanner took a big enough step to completely close the distance between himself and the Catuman's back, pressing the end of the blaster's extended barrel in to the beast's tunic. Tanner leaned up to the towering feline's ear - or as close to it as he could get.

"Take your Vun'bicn paw off of my kriffin' captain, punk" Tanner semi-whispered through gritted teeth - his eyes alive like fire.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose HunterPrime

13. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Ryen Rasi
    Vagrants

So far, the day had been uneventful. The Cathar had spent a few hours in Vagrants, looking up a few possible leads. He was bored. He had noticed the Catuman when he had come in from another ship, and had been considering the possibility of locating the Catuman's boss, to find out if he was hiring. Probably not. Catuman did not work particulary well together with others. He also had been busy, enjoying the tale the group of old men were telling a pair of females at another table. Was not sure if the story was true or not, but it sounded like a decent tale, all the same. When the words of some type of 'attacker' was mentioned, Rasi's ears twirked forward. Perhaps there was work to be found afterall. But then some foolish human male, looking rather pink and all, ran into the catuman who had just grabbed his drink, by not paying attenton. And it was obvious, that he opened his mouth before he looked at who he had run into. That, or he was blind as a twi'dan bat, as the young human male said what could only be considered nothing but an insult. "You should have gotten out of my way Fatty." Rasi winced. The catuman was remarkably well restrained, Rasi considered, or else the kid would be carrying a scar right now. But now, silly human had angered the Catuman. A hiss from the Catuman as he clamped down on the human's shoulder, "You should show some respect, take some responsibility for your actions little one." A massive fist with spiked knuckles pulled back. "Maybe I should teach you some manners." Rasi agreed with the Catuman. It had been the kids fault. Even if you are not in the wrong, it does no good to upset something much bigger than you, that has natural claws and fangs. Bad idea.

Now, Rasi could see stain on shirt of Catuman. Normal person might offer to by Catuman a drink, to replace his. After all, it was young humans fault. But pink human barked at Catuman. Rasi's ears went back, when another human, this one was older at least, walked up. The man suddenly drew a blaster. Much too fast. Something not right here. Strange reaction from older man, and the little female that was with him. Was it stupid human trick day? Unarmed, the kid was minor irritant. Draw a weapon on a Catuman, and you are challenging them. And Catuman, like many Cathar, respond very poorly to being challenged. They would have to save face. Then older pinkskin stupid human put weapopn into back of Catuman, and growed some words at him. Deathwish?

Rasi had been thinking to walking up and trying to cool things down, but now? Rasi quickly looked around to see if any of the bartenders had noticed what was going on. He slowly stood up, shaking himself. He slolwy makes his way to where pink skins are making a bad situation worse. Why get involved? Well, this was the nicest place to get a drink. Would be a shame, if it was torn apart in a nasty fight. Especially, a space station with a Bounty Hunting Office on site. Might earn some quick cash, in another unexpected way. "No fight." Rasi simply states. "Pinks not worrrth it. I buy drrrink." Rasi stares at the older human male. "Barrtenderrs tend to call for people like me, to deal with ones who pull weapons on unarmed patron like YOU just did." Rasi showed teeth, but stayed calm, giving a small huff. "I, just wannnt to ennjoy drrrrink in peeace. Youuu fight, youuu close down only good barrrrr."

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose

14. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Forgive me, I seem to have forgotten to introduce myself:

Name: Ryen Rasi
    Race: Cathar
    Homeworld: Cathar
    Height: 1.82 meters (6'0")

Appearance: Dark brown fur, with clack 'hair'(Mane), black stripes on tuffs of ears, and on chest and arms. Wears braids on either side of his face. When hunting, he has a blue scarf to pull back hair, or place over his nose when necessary. Wears a brown 'leather' tunic and pants which match his fur coloring. Also has a 'scruff' of a beard, growing. Fangs, if he bears his teeth wide. A tattoo of a bird within a star on his left shoulder, when visible. Also wears 2 bracers, also made of black metal, over his wrists.

Personality: Quiet. Dosent speak much, until he gets to know you, when he is working. In a more relaxed atmosphere, he is quite the joker, and loves good food and drink, as long as you dont insult him, and that entirely depends on his mood at the moment.

Force Sensitive (Yes or No): Yes. Mostly to sensing things, and his reflexes.
    Weapons:retractable claws, 1 virbodagger, 4 pistols, 2 rifles,6 glob bombs, 2 grapplers, 1 curved sword (black metal) , stun baton (More like a stun club)

Bio: Ryen is the oldest of 7 cublings, and he sees himself as setting the example. He is neither good or evil, nor is he paid to be. He usually takes on the role of bodyguard, but he is careful of who he becomes a bodyguard to. He prefers to deal with those who could actually use his help. Of course, its not as well paying as working for the syndicate types, but he finds those types of jobs usually comes with too many attachments. And working for crime lords can see you in serious trouble on other planets. Her would prefer to keep away from too many entanglements. His since of smell and hearing are well beyond normal human ranges. He has a code he lives by.

And right now, he could really use the money.

15. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Before the Catuman had time to react properly, something odd - and certainly unexpected - happened. A Cathar, similar to the Catuan (in that they were both feline), stood up from his seat and approached the situation. The Cathar was of similar height to Tanner, with dark brown fur, and similarly coloured pants. Tanner also noticed a scruffy beard attached to the Cathar's face. No matter what the situation, it was always good to see another guy with a beard, too unkempt for their own good.

"No fight." it uttered simply.

"Oh just fantastic, this gets better and better" Tanner thought to himself.

"Pinks not worrrth it. I buy drrrink." the tall feline said, presumably to the Catuman Tanner was holding at gun point, or at least, was trying to hold at gun point. Tanner's face contorted a little bit at the insult. Pinks? Was that even an insult?Tanner was strangely annoyed by this newcomer. He'd came in, out of no where, to intervene in Tanner defending his captain. There were probably ways to avoid a fight - but Tanner certainly wanted one. The newcomer's gaze fell upon Tanner.

"Barrtenderrs tend to call for people like me, to deal with ones who pull weapons on unarmed patron like YOU just did." The Cathar showed teeth, but appeared to stay calm, giving a small huff. "I, just wannnt to ennjoy drrrrink in peeace. Youuu fight, youuu close down only good barrrrr."

Tanner burst out in to a loud, audible laughter, yet his grip on the Catuman never wavered. Who did this guy think he was?

"Oh, Bartenders call you, do they?" Tanner said between laughs. Tanner didn't think this new guy was aware of the pile of steaming Bantha dung was going to end up in if he didn't back down. "Listen buddy, I've been thrown out of my fair share of bars, but just like you, I've been called to do the throwing out." Tanner said in a more than condescending tone.
    "Besiiiiiiiides, I don't want a fight! I just want a chat with this guy!" Tanner said, still condescending.
    "Yet" He thought to himself.
    "Our "unarmed patron" here-" Tanner gave the Catuman a nudge with the barrel of his pistol, "is causing trouble. So back off, fur face, or there certainly will be problems"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 HunterPrime GrimdarkRose

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  16. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Vagrants Bar
    Ari listened to the explanation of the Slasher. The thing that stuck out the most was the lack of blood. One of them implied that your blood was gone after you died. Not true. You would have to wait a long time for a corpse to stop bleeding when you cut it. A more logical explanation was that all the blood was drained out of corpse then cut up. Of course, blasters and lightsabers cauterized the wound, leaving no blood. That was bad news. If the Slasher was just a normal serial killer, some skilled bounty hunters could take it out. If it was a Jedi killer who either gained enough favor with the empire to be permitted to take a working lightsaber or the skill to steal it they were screwed. Even worse, it could be a rouge royal guard member.

The silence brought on by such a morbid topic was broken by Thallass outburst from across the room.
    "What!" Ari heard Thallass yell. She whipped her head around to see him yelling at Tanner and Maya.

"You have another life lesson you want to give me," He said, "Another adherent to the Cult of Falkirk, want to regale me with tales of my grandfather's greatness, my father's bravery?" Thallass waited, then continued, "Well I'm neither of them, I'm my own damn person, and I can take all the expectations that are put upon me, you all are expecting me to become something I'm not, I'm not my grandfather, I'm not my father, so stop looking for me to become them." Thallas ran off, and bumped into a feline parton. A Cathar? No, they didn't look right, probably some sub-species.

The creature whispered something to Thallas. Ari had already gotten out of her seat in case things got ugly. She flipped the settings of her blaster to "stun" just incase. "You should have gotten out of my way Fatty." Thallass responded. Dar'vit Ari thought. She quickly went over to the captain, only to see that Tanner had already put a blaster to the being's back. "Tanner, why'd you do that? It'll only make things worse."

Ari saw another feline get up, this one was definitely a Cathar. "No fight." The Cathar said. "Pinks not worrrth it. I buy drrrink." The Cathar at looked Tanner. "Barrtenderrs tend to call for people like me, to deal with ones who pull weapons on unarmed patron like YOU just did." The cat-like humanoid bared his fangs. "I, just wannnt to ennjoy drrrrink in peeace. Youuu fight, youuu close down only good barrrrr."

"Oh, Bartenders call you, do they?" Tanner said, clearing taunting the Carthar,"Listen buddy, I've been thrown out of my fair share of bars, but just like you, I've been called to do the throwing out. "Besiiiiiiiides, I don't want a fight! I just want a chat with this guy!" Ari didn't think you could get a more patronizing tone without a voice mod, then the one Tanner justed used.
    "Our "unarmed patron" here-" Tanner nudged the barrel, "is causing trouble. So back off, fur face, or there certainly will be problems"

Ari took a quick step behind a bulkhead, so it could look like she just arrived. She walked out, trying to put on an upset face. It might take some lie- stretching the truth to get out of this, so continuing the story from the encounter with the Star Destroyer should work.

"Tanner," she said,"I'm ashamed of you. Threatening a patron, when this could all be resolved with just a couple credits." She looked toward the being who Thallass ran into "I'm sorry sir. The death of our captain, this boy's guardian" she gestured toward Thallass,"has left most of the crew shaken. I hope you forgive us for this." She then turned toward the Cathar "Thank you, sir for buying this man a drink. If you're really stressed for credits, I'll pay for it. Of course, its coming out of Tanner's paycheck."

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

"Great story!" Vee replied. As to yet another Thallass adventure, she took another drink. "I'll let the others chase after
    him, I'll catch up." Scar shrugged his shoulders.

She leaned in closer lowering her voice conspiratorially, "Now..what's this mess about disappearing? It got anything to do
    about some 'Slasher' I heard some kids talk about?" The beings around the table sit up at the mention of the 'Slasher'
    obviously more worried about that then the mention of Palpatine. "If there's a nutjob running around, I'd sure like to know
    about it." She nodded her head eyes set.

There's a long silence the old man coughed into his hand trying to break the tension. Vee wondered if perhaps she had pushed
    too hard. They seemed pretty scared of the being. The first to speak up was the Devaronian, "Well, I don't think it has
    anything to do with the 'Slasher' but, even on this station those that speak out about the Empire have a habit of, just not
    being there the next time you plan to see them."

Vee frowned. Way out here? Why bother? Or was something here considered that important enough, to still keep the scare of the
    Empire around. Vee shook her head, as the old men continued to argue, about how things wont change unless someone stood up to it. The old man made a good point.

"There's a difference between surviving and living, friend." the old man added.

"See," Scar jumped in again, "Manx is right, it shouldn't be like this, having to work so hard every day just to get by. It was better under the Republic."

"Speak for yourself," the Sullustan piped up adding her voice to the conversation, "The Clone Wars took away all the peace, all the security we once had, I don't think the Republic would have been the same afterwards. We were afraid, scared, I think the Empire was inevitable."

"Not you too Nianne."

"It's just how I feel." She responded with a shrug. Another silence settled in, the four beings looked at each other then back to their guests. Vee was getting MUCH more info than she thought she would. But she was loving it. She leaned in, when Scar started to speak once more.

"Anyway, the 'Slasher, is a bit of a legend on this station." His voice is low like sharing a story around a campfire. "No one knows where they come from, or who…or what they even are, they just seem to kill, we've had three killings just this last week link to them. But, they've been around for five, maybe six years now."

"Ah," Manx, the old man, interjects swiping his hand though the air, "These last few aren't the work of the 'Slasher' just an imitator."
    "But, the markings Manx, they're the same as all the other ones."

"You're wrong Scar, they just look similar but, they're written in a different hand. This is just a fan that has gone too far."

"It doesn't matter," Nianne said rubbing her arms, "It's still terrifying, the way they leave their victims, all cut up, in bits and pieces. It's monstrous, like nothing I've ever seen."

"But, there's always so little blood," Drogen stepped in, "With as much damage as they do you'd expect there to be far more
    blood."

"They could be dead before they get cut up." Scar added.

"Well, I hope so, I'd hate to go through that while I was still alive." The table goes silent once again everyone looking at the ground.

Vee was so enraptured by the story that she didnt notice Ari had left the table. She quickly scanned the area, and saw Thallass And Tanner, and some cat looking people. She then saw Ari step around. Vee squinted. Were those Catauns? But the other one, Tanner was talking to, was different. But she didnt see anything or feel anything that seemed like an immediate threat, so she turned back to the folks at the table.

"No blood? That is kinda strange. Almost makes ya think that someone is taking it, and using it for something else." Vee frowned, deep in thought. "And what better way to scare folks off ya track, is to leave behind a few gruesom bodies." Vee shook her head. That was creepy. But when folks got cut, they tended to bleed. So she didnt think they were alive when it happened. Totally horrible. Ghoolish even. Vee leaned in. "Why do you say 'they' Scar? You thinking they be more than one? A Copy cat?" Vee asked in a soft voice.

Vee would wait until she got the answer, and then she nodded, to gain the bartenders attention, along with a small wave of
    the hand. "Thanks for letting me know. The next round is on me!" she told the folks at the table. Definitely be keeping an eye out
    while I'm here." She offered the group a smile.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

18. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Vagrants

"Kid!" Tanner called after, and hastily corrected his mistake, but Thallass either didn't hear or didn't care. His anger, jealousy and confusion hit her like a truck seconds before his words did.

"What! You have another life lesson you want to give me," his words were loud but, not enough to silence the other patrons. "Another adherent to the Cult of Falkirk, want to regale me with tales of my grandfather's greatness, my father's bravery."

"We just wanted-"

"Well I'm neither of them, I'm my own damn person, and I can take all the expectations that're put upon me, you all are expecting me to become something I'm not, I'm not my grandfather, I'm not my father, so stop looking for me to become them." Maya bit her lip, and searched the crowded establishment for Doc-Vee, then making frantic help gestures which would have been effective had several patrons not blocked her view. Not that it mattered. Doc-Vee was doing her job, Maya had to do hers. Which was...

Oh, kriff.

Somehow, in the moments Maya had been distracted, Thallass had started a fight. This was disappointing, not entirely surprising, but did he have to aggrivate the Maya reached for her blaster and prepared herself for intervention, but felt Tanner's mingled excitement and anger hit her full-force as he spoke to her. "Get. Thallass." he said through gritted teeth. "Get him, and get out of the bar" Maya raised an eyebrow. Really? ."Don't worry about me, and don't wait up" Ordinarily, Maya would have complained over this idea, but the stewing anger and aggression oozing from the vicinity of Thallass and his attacker made her head pound, so she merely rolled her eyes and dove in, grabbing the young Duros by the shoulders and propelling him exit-wards, trusting Tanner to cover their backs, and doing her best to project calm towards Thallass.

"Hey, I'm sorry about all this. Really am. You don't deserve any of this bantha dung." They reached the exit, and she relaxed her grip, but powered him forward down the street, "but honestly, I have my doubts anyone can do this but you. Look at us. I mean, we all know I could never command a sabbacc game, let alone a ship. Doc-Vee could do it, but she doesn't know Rei or the course like you do. Then you have all our fighters. Sure, they're strong and smart, but I'd guess they'd be more comfy on the receiving end of orders, not giving them out. Manteroni could do it, if he'd sober up enough for us to trust him, but I have my doubts. Who else is there?" She checked they were a safe distance away, then released him and rubbed her temples.

"Ugh. Karkin' hate those places. Listen, I'm not asking you to take the lead permanently, but since you're the only one we'll all listen to it'd be a huge help if you'd.. y'know, keep us together an', I don't know, pick a replacement or somethin'." A thought struck her. "You know that, right? We'll all listen to you. We all know you can find the treasure, if you want, and we'll help you all you can." They were far enough down the street for Maya to feel as though he wouldn't rush back in, and released him, vaguely gesturing towards the teeming marketplace. "Go. Take some time to youself.Find us on the ship later. Don't insult any more aggressive beings." She leaned against a wall and pulled out her datapad. Or stay and talk with me, was left unsaid. Maya didn't want to heap more pressure on the poor kid.

She'd wait and see for a short while, then head back Vagrants-wise. Purely on principle, she planned to join the fight and show Tanner just what she was capable of. Which was probably wildly inaccurate shots and punches before her telepathic/empathy 'abilities' kicked in, but hey, better than nothing, right?

TAG: Shekel_1383 , galactic-vagabond422, Ktala, (???????),

19. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

It seemed the situation was taking an..... unexpected turn. Tanner thought there would be - and wanted - a fight or a brawl. But, it seemed that there wouldn't be one here, there wouldn't be one now.

Damn

Tanner was too busy holding someone at gunpoint, and entering a pseudo-Geonosian stand-off to figure out a "diplomatic" end to the situation at hand, but that was before Ari sprang up an "saved the day". She popped out from behind a bulk head - appearing as if she had just entered.

"Tanner," she said,"I'm ashamed of you. Threatening a patron, when this could all be resolved with just a couple credits."
    Tanner looked at her, looked back at the Cathar, and then back to her - his eyes darting between the two before he realised what she was doing. It was quite clever of her really.

Ari looked toward the being who Thallass ran into "I'm sorry sir. The death of our captain, this boy's guardian" she gestured toward Thallass,"has left most of the crew shaken. I hope you forgive us for this." She then turned toward the Cathar "Thank you, sir for buying this man a drink. If you're really stressed for credits, I'll pay for it. Of course, its coming out of Tanner's paycheck."

Tanner let out a deep sigh. By this point, Thallass had already been evacuated by Maya - so Tanner supposed that there was no real point in a fight now that he was safe.

"Yes, my dear friend is right" Tanner lied. "Apologies everyone," he shouted. "Death takes it's toll on everyone, does it not? Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way." He said, finishing his hopefully believed speech

"Talk to my captain again, and we'll find out just how many lives cats have" Tanner whispered into the Catuman's ear, as soon as he'd finished talking. And with that, he holstered his pistol, and gave a more than aggressive shove to his one-time captive. "Now out of my way" Tanner finished.

"Gentlemen, give my regards to Lefty - tell her she makes a half-decent Coruscant Mix" Tanner said with a wink and a smile to the Old Guard. He threw some credits on to their table over his shoulder. "For the drinks!" he said loudly back at them as he walked away.

Outside, Maya was giving Thallass a much needed talk. She was right. The poor kid didn't deserve all this. But, that should't stop any of them from getting things done.

"Go. Take some time to youself.Find us on the ship later. Don't insult any more aggressive beings." Maya said sweetly. She leaned against a wall and pulled out her datapad.

"Well, whatever you do Captain, we still have to talk to Big Ear, right? And I wouldn't advise doing something as "delicate" as that after such a "fun" time inside there" Tanner said jutting a thumb over his shoulder towards the ramshackle entrance to Vagrants.
    "So I'm gonna go blow off some steam - in the best way I know how" he continued, a smile of excitement crawling up his lips.

"I'm going bounty huntin'. You guys should tag along! Especially you Maya - you might even enjoy it." Tanner said incredibly enthusiastically.

"It's more fun than it seems!" Tanner said as he began to walk in the direction of the Bounty Hunting Office, using the signs on the street to guide his way. He relayed his destination to the rest of the crew via com-link, and his request for his compatriots to join him.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose AbsolX HunterPrime Ktala (and anyone else)

20. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Trìewahl docking station

Tanner, apparently none the worse following whatever had happened back there, had popped up behind them while she was attempting to talk to Thallass."Well, whatever you do Captain, we still have to talk to Big Ear, right? And I wouldn't advise doing something as "delicate" as that after such a "fun" time inside there" Tanner said jutting a thumb over his shoulder towards the ramshackle entrance to Vagrants. Maya glanced up from her code to raise a sceptical eyebrow,"So I'm gonna go blow off some steam - in the best way I know how" he continued, excitement tangible between them. Maya braced herself gor the worst. "I'm going bounty huntin'. You guys should tag along! Especially you Maya - you might even enjoy it." Tanner said avidly. "It's more fun than it seems!"

Maya doubted this immensely.

Still, they needed money badly, and she couldn't deny she was itching to fly again. She saved her work and pocketed the datapad. "Thallass, comm one of us the second there's any sign of trouble. Or come with us, up to you, we could use your skills here."

With that, she headed after Tanner. "I'm in. Just.." she raised a finger, "No Imperial bounties. We need money, but we're not that desperate." She glared to let him knkw she wasn't joking, then relaxed and glanced back at Vagrants, checking they weren't being followed. "Anyway, what happened back there? You don't look like someone who was just in a fight."

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422

21. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Maya caught up with Tanner after finishing up with her datapad. "I'm in. Just.." she raised a finger, "No Imperial bounties. We need money, but we're not that desperate."

"Oh believe me, I've taken them before - they're never any fun or the slightest bit exciting" tanner remarked as they walked. "Half the time they're some broadcaster or author who criticised the empire".

Maya glared at Tanner, he knew she wasn't kidding around. She then glanced back in to Vagrants. Smart girl, checking if they were being followed.

"Anyway, what happened back there? You don't look like someone who was just in a fight." Maya questioned as they journeyed to the Bounty Office.

"That's because there wasn't one, unfortunately" Tanner replied. "As you probably noticed, some Cathar got involved, and it was all gearing up for a good ol' fashioned throw down. It would of been fantastic" Tanner continued, almost reminiscing on the fight that could of been. "But Ari, being the smart person she is," he said, with a genuine lack of sarcasm. "defused the situation. I said good bye to the men sitting with Vee, and out I went. I promise you though, I could have taken them." Tanner made eye contact with Maya and gave a smirk. "Two big cats isn't the worst I would of ever had to fight. Anyway, what kind of people do you think have bounties in this place anyway?" Tanner concluded.

TAG: GrimdarkRose galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

The Catuman stiffened, snarling a bit as Tanner delivered his threat. Thallass's face morphed into one of confusion as Maya pulled him away from the confrontation. The bulky being had loosened his grip on the young Duros allowing the woman to pull him out of the bar.

"Hey, I'm sorry about all this." Maya started, a small sense of calm creeped into Thallass's mind. "Really am. You don't deserve any of this bantha dung." He looks away as she more or less pulled him out of the establishment. "but honestly, I have my doubts anyone can do this but you." He looked down at her with a pained expression, like he couldn't believe what she was saying. "Look at us. I mean, we all know I could never command a sabbacc game, let alone a ship. Doc-Vee could do it, but she doesn't know Rei or the course like you do. Then you have all our fighters. Sure, they're strong and smart, but I'd guess they'd be more comfy on the receiving end of orders, not giving them out. Manteroni could do it, if he'd sober up enough for us to trust him, but I have my doubts. Who else is there?" He let out a breath, was the math really that simple, that he was the only one who could lead. Ari seemed to handle herself well when the Imperials showed up.

"Ugh. Karkin' hate those places. Listen, I'm not asking you to take the lead permanently, but since you're the only one we'll all listen to it'd be a huge help if you'd.. y'know, keep us together an', I don't know, pick a replacement or somethin'." Again he looked away, didn't she just get done saying no one else could replace him? "You know that, right? We'll all listen to you. We all know you can find the treasure, if you want, and we'll help you all you can." Thallass's face brightened just a little, it was good to know someone on the crew had his back. Even though he doubted anyone else truly did. "Go. Take some time to yourself. Find us on the ship later. Don't insult any more aggressive beings." A deep breath left his chest he knew he screwed up that whole situation, he got so wrapped up in his own troubles that he created more for his crew.

He opened his mouth to speak but, was cut off by Tanner making his presence known, "Well, whatever you do Captain, we still have to talk to Big Ear, right? And I wouldn't advise doing something as "delicate" as that after such a "fun" time inside there." He gestured to the entrance to Vagrants where Thallass caught a flash of movement, just for a moment, black and white, was that hair?

"So I'm gonna go blow off some steam - in the best way I know how" The Human smiled broadly obviously excited by the idea he had brewing "I'm going bounty huntin'. You guys should tag along! Especially you Maya - you might even enjoy it." His enthusiasm was apparent, almost dripping off his words.

"Thallass," Maya added, "comm one of us the second there's any sign of trouble. Or come with us, up to you, we could use your skills here."

Thallass wasn't feeling it, he smiled weakly and shook his head. "I think I've had enough excitement for now, I'll catch up later." With that he turned away heading towards the arrival terminal. Once there he found an empty corner and just sat. He wasn't ready to go back to the ship and deal with Mr. Manteroni, he feels like his letting his teacher down. As he hung his head his comm crackled to life.

"Thallass," It was Rei's voice, he let out another sigh, "Are you ok?"

"I'm guessing you heard all that?" He said putting his head back, putting his comm to his lips.

"Bits and pieces, I was about to intervene but, Mr. Darsten and Miss. Blue were quick to help. I'm glad your grandfather hired them."

"Yeah," the teen responded rolling his red eyes, "Because my grandpa is so fracking amazing." He hung his head, shaking it. "Maybe Maya's right, I should put someone else in charge. Maybe Ari, she seems level headed. I can get us there but, I don't think I can continue like this, it's just too much." The line went silent for a long time, a worrying amount of time. "Rei, you still there?" Thallass asked trying to prod the A.I a little.

"You could," she paused again, "You could put someone else in charge but, your grandfather made you my Captain. I will take orders from no other."

"I could always make my replacement your Captain."

There is another painfully long pause, the boy begins to worry, what is wrong with her right now, or is it something wrong with him? "You could also do that, order me to follow someone else…And I could not go against your order." Her voice seemed almost pained, hurt by what he was suggesting, "But, I wouldn't know this person, not like you. I would not be able to operate at my full capacity…" another worrying break, more silence. "So please, Thallass, do not give up command, do not make me follow someone else." The Duros's eyes went wide, was the A.I actually begging him to stay in command, he thought she would love the idea of having a halfway competent commander at her helm. "I have lost one captain already, I do not want to lose another." Her voice almost shivered on the last word, could computers get cold.

He screwed up his face, so many questions flooded his mind but, one floated above them all. "Rei, are you really an A.I?"

"Of course," She replied immediately "I am just more advanced than others." Her tone had shifted a little, instead of pleading she seemed almost panicked.

Her quick answer didn't quell the questions that were now running in his head. If she was so advanced how did his grandfather get a hold of her? And who made her in the first place? Though from her actions it seemed he wouldn't get much out of her at this moment. "So should I get back on board, or go see this Big Ear?"

After another pause Rei spoke again, "It is up to you Thallass, but if you do go to see Big Ear, I'd tell the crew. Also, didn't Mr. Darsten advise against doing so?"

"Yeah but, we'll need to meet with them eventually. Might as well do that sooner rather than later." He ran his hand over his face, "Besides, I am the Captain, I'm allowed to go against the advice of my crew."

"But sometimes that's at your own peril Thallass, and remember we still do not know what Mr. Falkirk meant by Big Ear's Shadow Guard. I would strongly advise that you wait on meeting with them."

"Alright, alright you win," The Duros replied, defeated, "I'll go catch up with Tanner and Maya." He got to his feet slowly and headed back out.

As he caught up to the pair he heard a voice call out,

"Vi'lan," the voice was female, and slightly panicked, "Corro," Thallass turned his head to see who it was. He saw a Bothan, grey fur with patches of black, a white line ran from her brown and up a lock of hair that dangled next to her left eye. Her shirt was a deep red and a little big on her, a simple shawl wrapped around her shoulders. "This isn't funny anymore guys. Come on, stop hiding." With every word her voice became more and more worried. Thallass spotted Tanner and Maya ahead of him, and so did the Bothan.

She approached Maya, a bit of recognition in her face. "Excuse me mam'," She came closer reaching out a hand, recoiling slightly upon recognizing the tall man in the long coat, "Have you seen two little boys, one is a Bothan, like me with black fur and the other is a Human with reddish hair both about this tall." She held her hands at about waist height. "I turned around for just a moment and they disappeared." The worry played across her features, Thallass didn't need to be a mind reader to see that she was barely hanging on, much like him. "I know you don't know me but, I…I don't know what else to do. Can you help us, please?" The young Duros picked up his pace stepping to just behind Maya.

"Uh…" Thallass started, he remembered seeing her before, she was watching over the two boys playing a game. "I might be able to help," she turned her attention to him and he looked at the ground. "I mean, I know a few people, well…not really but, my grandfather is known around here I might be able to get more eyes looking for them."

The young woman's eyes moved back and forth between the red-skinned humanoid and Thallass waiting for a response. Eyes wide with fear, hands shaking. Thallass returned to looking at the ground, shuffling his feet a little.

TAG: Shekel_1383 GrimdarkRose

Scar noted a bit of an altercation towards the center of the bar. He started to get up but, the Human woman spoke again.

"No blood? That is kinda strange." Scar sat back down, if anything were to kick off he'd get up but, right now, it didn't seem necessary. "Almost makes ya think that someone is taking it, and using it for something else." The woman frowned, a bit, Scar mirrored her reaction. "And what better way to scare folks off ya track, is to leave behind a few gruesome bodies." He nodded his head, it was certainly terrifying, there may have been a bounty out on the head of the 'Slasher' but, he wouldn't take it up. He had no intention of becoming that psycho's next victim. The woman leaned in. "Why do you say 'they' Scar? You thinking they be more than one? A Copy cat?"

"Oh…" the older man said leaning back, "Uh, that's just me using the correct pronoun, we don't know what gender the 'Slasher' is so it isn't right that I assign one to them. That's how assumptions get made"

"That's just you being pedantic." Drogen called out, "We all know it's a man doing this, woman's too squeamish, they'd just shoot them." He looked away for a second, "many times."

Nianne, snorted that the insinuation but, didn't say anything.

Tanner spoke up drawing the older being's attention, "Gentlemen, give my regards to Lefty - tell her she makes a half-decent Coruscant Mix."

"You can tell me yourself," Lefty called out, now returned to her station at the bar.

"Thanks for letting me know. The next round is on me!" As she spoke, as if on cue, a few credits dropped on to the table. Manx's eyes widen, and Drogen gives the woman a sidelong glance. Her next words were drowned out by Tanner shouting over the din of the bar,

"For the drinks!" Scar looked at the credits on the table then looked to the woman.

"Hm…looks like your friend took care of it already but, if you want to pick up another round later I'd have no problems." He picked up the credits and moved over to the bar. "And if you and your Captain ever need any help from us old hands, just give a call to the bar, we're usually here." As he did he picked up a Catuman, the one involved in the altercation Scar saw, grumbling to himself.

"Should have taught that kid a lesson, at least I'm getting a replacement for my drink." The broad-shouldered being sat at one of the bar stools, creaking under his weight. "One glass of Whyren's Reserve." Scar's brow went up, one glass of that whiskey was as much as a bottle of Rancor Killer, and that was what passes for top shelf liquor in Vagrants. "On that horn head over there," he continued jerking his thumb towards the Togruta behind him. Scar nodded his head, whiskey did taste better when someone else was buying but, to gouge someone so much that seemed a little excessive.

Lefty smiled, "I'm sorry sir, that is reserved for special clientele, it's in the name." The feline moved to protest but, Lefty leaned in cybernetic eye boring into him. "You should thank that woman for giving you an out." The bartender's voice lacked any warmth, and had a deadly edge, "If you'd have harmed one cell in that boy's body, your life would have gotten a whole lot worse." Her metal arm pressed into the bar again, "He's a Falkirk," Scar glared at the Catuman, Thallass was involved in that, if he'd known, damn right he would have done something. "has a lot of friends on this station, including the Director. You start something with him, and the whole station will come down on you, and you know what I'll do."

The being for his part seemed unfazed but, was eyeing the bar, sizing up the competition probably, Scar cracked his knuckles.

"Absolutely nothing. You may be strong but, I see no less than five bounty hunters that would like nothing more than to pound you into the floor, just so they can say that a Falkirk owes them a favor." A cold silence descends over the conversation. Lefty turned away, smiling a little, while she grabbed down another bottle of Rancor Killer. "One Rancor Killer." She said pouring the drink into a glass she'd set on the bar top. "If you're looking for work, I hear that boy is looking for crew, if you hurry up, you might catch him."

Scar screwed up his face, was she really suggesting that the Catuman join Falkirk's crew or was that directed at someone else. It was rather odd, then he noticed the Cathar, armed to the teeth, he most certainly looked like someone looking for work, or was already on a job. He didn't know if the felinoid had also been involved in the dust up between the Catuman and Thallass but, maybe he interceded. Scar got up and walked over to him.

"I think the lady meant that information for you." He said approaching the Cathar. "Don't know why but, if you're looking for work, there's no better job than working for a Falkirk." He winked, "Believe me, it's always an adventure."

TAG: Ktala HunterPrime AbsolX

23. AbsolX

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Vagants
    After Ari had defused the situation, Maya came and lead Thallass out of the bar. The feline went to sit down at the bar and order a new drink. As Ari walked by, she put some credits on the bar and pushed them toward Lefty. "For his drink," Ari said, jabbing her thumb at Cathum. She didn't like leaving tabs at bars. Best she paid them off now, instead being hit by them when she came back, maybe with less credits.

Tanner and Maya had already left to go bounty hunting, she would probably join them. They needed more credits, besides Togruta were natural trackers.

Ari left the bar and saw Thallass and a Bothan looking through the scrap heaps that littered the planet. "Vi'lan," she called "Corro, This isn't funny anymore guys. Come on, stop hiding." She was definitely worried. She saw Maya up ahead and approached the Zeltros. "Excuse me mam'," she said "Have you seen two little boys, one is a Bothan, like me with black fur and the other is a Human with reddish hair both about this tall." She held her hands at about waist height. "I turned around for just a moment and they disappeared. I know you don't know me but, I…I don't know what else to do. Can you help us, please?" Thallass walked up to the Bothan

"Uh…I might be able to help," Thallass looked at the ground. "I mean, I know a few people, well…not really but, my grandfather is known around here I might be able to get more eyes looking for them."

Ari walked up to the Bothan. She now recognized this lady. She was watching her wards when they arrived. "Hello, mam. So you're saying that your wards have gone missing? Our crew would be glad to help you." She looked toward around at the crew,"So, were was the last place you saw them.

24. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Trìewahl docking station

"Oh believe me, I've taken them before - they're never any fun or the slightest bit exciting" Tanner remarked as they walked. "Half the time they're some broadcaster or author who criticised the empire". Brave words, from someone Maya had no doubt was just as wanted as the 'criminals' he caught. Still, she was glad. She'd always sympathized with the Rebellion, and the thought of assisting the Empire in any way disgusted her.

Tanner looked almost disappointed when she asked about the Vagrants standoff; "That's because there wasn't one, unfortunately" he replied. "As you probably noticed, some Cathar got involved, and it was all gearing up for a good ol' fashioned throw down. It would of been fantastic" Tanner continued, Maya's eyebrow climbing higher and higher in disbelief. She should be used to this by now. "But Ari, being the smart person she is," he said, with a surprising lack of sarcasm. "defused the situation. I said good bye to the men sitting with Vee, and out I went. I promise you though, I could have taken them." Tanner made eye contact with Maya and gave a smirk. She rolled her eyes."Two big cats isn't the worst I would of ever had to fight. Anyway, what kind of people do you think have bounties in this place anyway?"

Maya shrugged. "Thieves, minor troublemakers and so on, I'd say. Anyone more important most likely doesn't stick around. Other than that-" She stopped as a vaguely familiar face approached, bringing with it a wave of panic and worry that made Maya sweep her eyes over the crowds, not knowing what she was looking for.

"Vi'lan, Corro," It took a moment for Maya to place the Bothan woman, but the source of her panic was obvious. "This isn't funny anymore guys. Come on, stop hiding." With every word her voice became more and more worried. The Bothan spotted the pair of them, and Maya stopped and tried to look reassuring.

"Excuse me mam'," She came closer reaching out a hand, recoiling slightly upon recognizing Tanner, "Have you seen two little boys, one is a Bothan, like me with black fur and the other is a Human with reddish hair both about this tall." She held her hands at about waist height. "I turned around for just a moment and they disappeared." The worry played across her features, She was barely hanging on, and Maya's heart went out to her. "I know you don't know me but, I…I don't know what else to do. Can you help us, please?" Maya nodded, and was about to respond when Thallass caught up to the group.

"Uh…" Thallass started, "I might be able to help," she turned her attention to him and he looked at the ground. "I mean, I know a few people, well…not really but, my grandfather is known around here I might be able to get more eyes looking for them."

Maya smiled in what she hoped was an encouraging manner at Thallass, then looked back to the Bothan, then back to the young Duros. "That'd be great, Thallass. Captain. Captain Thallass."

Ari, Jedi instincts undoubtedly smelling a chance to help, jumped in from Gods-knew-where and took charge of the situation: "Hello, ma'm. So you're saying that your wards have gone missing? Our crew would be glad to help you." She looked toward around at the crew, Maya offered a salute and grinned at Tanner."So, were was the last place you saw them?" Maya was strangely reminded of one of those Coruscant Police holos. Excuse me ma'm, where we're you when this kidnapping took place? Can you prove that?

While Ari had the woman's attention, Maya lowered her voice and spoke to Tanner; "Well, you've got your bounty-hunting wish, and most likely your Jedi-hero wish too. Don't deny it, you know it's true. Assuming the worst has happened and those poor kids are right now meeting their 'Slasher', we need to hurry. Any ideas what kind of place someone like that would take them?" Maya didn't have any real reason to believe anything more serious than a couple of kids getting distracted by a group of musicians or Bounty Hunters had occurred, and unnecessarily worrying their mother wouldn't help, but something was telling her that this was serious. Maybe it was just her irritating empathetic abilities talking, but if this wasn't going to end well, being prepared was the best chance they had.

TAG: Shekel_1383, AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

25. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

"Thieves, minor troublemakers and so on, I'd say. Anyone more important most likely doesn't stick around. Other than that-" Maya's reply was cut off by a familiar looking Bothan.

"Excuse me mam', She came closer reaching out a hand, recoiling slightly upon recognising Tanner. He recognised her too, from when they initially landed in the station. She was with two younger beings, a Bothan and a human if his memory served him correctly. "Have you seen two little boys, one is a Bothan, like me with black fur and the other is a Human with reddish hair both about this tall." She held her hands at about waist height. "I turned around for just a moment and they disappeared." The worry was dripping from every one of her bodily movements, she was desperate. "I know you don't know me but, I…I don't know what else to do. Can you help us, please?"

"Uh…" Thallass started, "I might be able to help," she turned her attention to him and he looked at the ground. "I mean, I know a few people, well…not really but, my grandfather is known around here I might be able to get more eyes looking for them."

Maya smiled in what looked like an encouragement to Thallass, then looked back to the Bothan, then back to the young Duros. "That'd be great, Thallass. Captain. Captain Thallass." she said.

Ari must have emerged from Vagrants, as she too stepped in to the conversation. "Hello, ma'm. So you're saying that your wards have gone missing? Our crew would be glad to help you." Tanner was impressed how quickly she could take the helm of a situation, as she looked at the crew. Maya shot tanner a smile and a mock-salute. He responded by saluting back with a wink. ."So, were was the last place you saw them?" Ari continued. All good questions for missing people, ones Tanner typically asked at the beginningof a contract.

While Ari had the woman's attention, Maya lowered her voice and spoke to Tanner; "Well, you've got your bounty-hunting wish, and most likely your Jedi-hero wish too. Don't deny it, you know it's true. Assuming the worst has happened and those poor kids are right now meeting their 'Slasher', we need to hurry. Any ideas what kind of place someone like that would take them?"

"I'm not a Jed- you know what never mind, you're never going to stop calling me that" Tanner replied in an equally hushed tone. "But yes, this looks like it'll be fun. I'll be honest" Tanner continued, "Unless the "Slasher" is a bit more merciful towards kids, they're already dead." He said bluntly. No point denying it. "But, I'd think, if he was to take them some place, it would be some place secluded - like a warehouse or a back alley" Tanner had dealt with similar situations before. Serial killer on the lose- the community has just the right amount for a certain dashingly handsome young bounty hunter-turned-pirate-turned bounty hunter to track them down.

Tanner snapped his fingers. "Okay, idea. You collect information about the Slasher and the kids from the lady - ask her about places in a mile-ish vicinity that are secluded or known to be shady. Ask her other stuff about the Slasher too, if there are any patterns to his killings: locations, types of people he kills - stuff like that" Tanner began walking backwards, not turning away from Maya. "I'm off to the Bounty Hunting Office, they'll have more information - and we're getting payed for this damn it." With a typical smile and a wink to Maya, Tanner set off jogging towards the Bounty Hunting Office. He wanted to be there and back in time for the end of the groups conversation with the Bothan woman.

Tanner lightly jogged in a way that gave away he was in kind of a rush down the street, following the signs to the office. He eventually reached an almost run-down looking street. It had certainly had seen better days - but that's what years of living on a space station does to places. The street was littered with garbage, rust and stains covered some of the walls. A row of stores and utility buildings faces Tanner, but Tanner was only interested in one. A bright, neon sign that simply read "Bounties" hung atop a door in to one of the stores. Tanner stopped jogging, and walked in through the door.

The office was coloured in off-white with holographic displays of available bounties in the area. At a desk with a older computer terminal, was a blue skinned Feeorin, a small name placard on the desk identifies the being as Fen. Fen was, even sitting, tall and, broad shouldered. The way he holds himself and his thick arms look like he might have been a bounty hunter once but, that was probably several years and a couple pant sizes ago. His belly sightly rolls over the waist of his pants, as he turns to see the being that had entered his office. He rose to his full height, meaty hands pressing into the desk.

"Tanner Darsten." He bellowed in a gavelley voice, "It's been a long time since I've seen you, what brings you around these parts."

"Fen" Tanner replied through happy, remonisant laughter "You've got even fatter since the last time I saw you! Blast, it must have been what? 5 years? 6?" Tanner remembered Fen as being able to take a joke, and deal them out too. "I'm here on business - got myself hired in a crew looking for treasure. Once a pirate, always a pirate" Tanner said with a smile. It was always good to see someone from his occupation who he knew. "Speaking of "these parts", why are you so outta the way, Fen? Last time I saw you was the south side of Coruscant! Anyway," Tanner said after a pause, "I hear you have a problem." Tanner lent in to Fen's desk. "A problem I can fix. One Slasher, I do believe? There has to be a bounty for em'. If there is- sign me up. And I'l need as much information on him as you've got." He finished with an enthusiastic smile. A man enjoys doing what he loves.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 GrimdarkRose Ktala AbsolX

OOC: Description of the Bounty Hunting Office courtesy of our GM