main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Call to Adventure: The Treasure of Darth Malum

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by galactic-vagabond422, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants Bar

"Whatever you got thats strong, give me a shot." Vee ordered out. She didnt know how long she had been outside, but it must have been a bit. Suddenly, Tanner was standing next to her.

"A Coruscant Mix, on me. Trust me, you'll enjoy it - try not to vomit it back up though." he said, as he placed the credits on the table and shot Lefty a smile and a wink. Vee shot him a look. "Im not that lucky." she growled darkly.

Tanner continued. "I'll send you those photos too, hopefully seeing them for the second time will be a little better." Vee stared at him hard. "CROP THEM. I only need to see the writing." Vee growled, even as Tanner's voice dropped low. "Vee, that writing is critical to this whole thing. It's important - I can feel it." He gave Vee a pat on the shoulder, and then left before she could respond with anything else. Vee watched him leave the bar, and then looked back at Lefty, waiting for the drink.

She would need someplace to study the text. Her comlink beeped softly. She looked down. A download from Tanner. Vee made a face. Should would need someplace to work, and study. But she also needed to catch back up with the others, to find out what else was going on, before she settled down for that task. There was still the kids to find. Vee would wait until the others came out of the room, to catch up with them. Until then, she would nurse whatever drink was put in front of her.

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

2. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    IC: Ryen Rasi
    Vagrants Back Room,Trìewahl Docking Station

So much was going on, that it was difficult for Rasi to follow some bits of it. Rasi tried to suggest that he should go look immediately for the kids. No reason to upset the woman so. They did not know if it had anything to do with the slasher person or not. He asked the woman if she had anything of theirs. "I...I don't know," she started obviously fighting her emotions again, "we had to leave, so quickly I didn't have time to gather up a lot of things, most of what we have is on our backs." Rasi's ear dipped. What had happened to them, that they had to leave where ever they came from, with only the clothing on their backs? What had happened, he wondered to himself.Then another woman of the group spoke up, asking the computer..who Rasi guessed was named Rei to look for nearby droids. A long shot. Especially on a place like this. At least the AI was prompt. When Rasi suggested that he could start the search for the kids while the rest discussed things, and take the lady from the room, the look he received clearly showed pink skin was annoyed. "There's no point splitting up just yet. I want everyone to know what we have first. Speaking of which...." He stood up. "I managed to get us some leads to follow, along with some images from crime scenes. So, if you don't have a particularly strong stomach-" his eyes bored into the young Bothan, causing her to swallow hard. "I suggest you look away now."

When the rude one started his little show, the young human looking female he had seen earlier gulped hard, and then raced from the room. Rasi felt a bit of sympathy for her, as he watched her leave, before turning to look at the photos. They were gruesom. But he had seen worse. The Bothan female quickly burried her head into the Captains shoulder. Rasi simply watched the interactions of this group, while watching the pics. Some things from humanoids he did not always understand or translate right. He could not understand putting woman through unnecessary grief or worry. His own musings were interrupted by the voice one more. "And finally," The Human stated, "All of these wounds - they're all cauterized. The language seems to be burned into the walls and floors." A long pause. "I think we're dealing with a lightsabre here." A guess. Nothing definate. Other items could also cauterize. Rasi would keep an open mind. Still, it was noted, in case they found something else while looking for the kids. Then the rude one looked directly at Rasi. "And you, my oversized fur-ball friend," he stated looked at the Cathar, "can run along to that alleyway if you wish." Rasi resisted the urge to bare his fangs. He would not let the man bother him. He was NOT the captain. And Rasi was trying to make an impression. Else he would have showed him why it was never a good idea to mess with a Cathar, a lesson he obviously missed. "Any questions?" the rude one asked. Suddenly, computer voice came on, saying it coudlnt find any droids. Then, then female, who Rasi had tried to speak to earlier, suddenly spoke up. "Okay Tanner," Ari stated, "we saw the pics, but we need to find the boys. Cathum and Togrutas are both great trackers. Our friend here can do smell, while I'll do sound and sight. Unless Thallass orders us to stay, we're going." The Captain, spoke up, while female bothan still clutched on to him. "We need to split up, groups of two or so," He turned to Ari and Ryen, "You two can handle the alleyway were Corro and Vi'lan went missing," Rasi nodded in agreement, listening while the Captain continued to handing out assignments. But then the Captain added something Rasi wasnt expecting. "And Tanner, this Cathar is part of our crew, you will show some manners when speaking to him. I don't expect you to be best friends or anything but, I don't want you two behaving like, well teenagers, trading insults back and forth, we have a job to do." Rasi left out a small huff. Tanner took a deep breath and looked the Cathar dead in the eyes. Rasi returned the look, stare for stare. He let the moment hang for a second, and uttered "Fine." dryly. Rasi was satisfied. He was beginning to like this new Captain more. "Excuse me," The Bothan said lifting her head a little, "If it isn't too much trouble I'd like to accompany the group going to the alley." The Captain agreed, and stated he would go with her as well. Rasi turned his head, as the captain spoke up once more. "If you'd like sir, could you introduce yourself, sorry for not asking before, everything got crazy really quick." Rasi took a step forward. "Hello. I ammmm called Rrrasssi. Iss pleassurre to worrk with you. Now we go, and find young oness, yess?" Rasi was ready to get started. If the kids were just
    hurt, too much time had already been spent here. The trail would go cold soon. It was time to hunt.

TAG: Shekel_1383, Ktala, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, galactic-vagabond422

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Mini-post because I forgot someone, sorry Darth Ukendt

IC: Thallass Falkirk
    Vagrants Back Room, Trìewahl Docking Station

"Welcome aboard" Tanner said without an ounce of emotion. Thallass's head popped up as the human left. Looking over his shoulder, he noticed something he forgot, Loko.

Just then the Cathar spoke up, "Hello. I ammmm called Rrrasssi. Iss pleassurre to worrk with you. Now we go, and find young oness, yess?"

"Dang it." he said under his breath, another step back. "Tanner wait." The young Captain called out getting up from his chair. Tereez followed him hand reaching out for his. They reached the door, "Be right back," he called over his shoulder. At the doorway the young Duros caught sight of the bounty hunter talking with Vee. He went to call out but, as if in response the noise in the space picked up drowning out his words. Pushing through the crowd, Tereez in tow, he slowly made his way to the bar, just missing Tanner. "Damnit." the curse just slipped from his lips.

"Language kid," A voice from behind the bar rebuked him. He looked, a little started to the asymmetric gaze of Lefty as she set a drink down in front of Vee. It was not a Coruscant Mix but, some sort of amber drink. "Here you go miss," the bartender started with a little smirk, "Agamar's Finest, guaranteed to put hair on your chest." Lefty looked over to the Duros and Tereez, "You and your lady friend need anything Thallass."

"Uh…" The boy's heart rate spiked again, he looked over to Tereez then down at their joined hands, he didn't even remember doing that. "Um…no," it wasn't that he disliked holding her hand, it just made him nervous, and his palms a little sweaty, "We got stuff to do." He looked to Vee and leaned in close, "I asked Tanner to send you the scribbles but you can send them to Rei for, editing," he said the last word like some sort of code word, "I…I mean if you need to, I'm sure he knows to do that, b…but just in case" The visions of the pictures shown still turned his stomach. His nerves started to rise again as he pushed his way back to the room.

"Ah…" He said stepping into the space, turning his attention to the Twi'lek he forgot about, "Um…sorry about that, I had to…to check on Vee." His free hand shook, he knew he messed up and was now trying to fix it. "Ioko, you can accompany Maya and Vee to Veebin's, maybe swing by the second crime scene, you know the one where the Ithorian got..." He swallowed hard recalling the scorched heart laying discarded on a metal deck. "Yeah that's good, Tanner works better alone." His words were more to assure himself than anyone else at that moment. He shares an uneasy look with Tereez then back to the remaining crew, "Uh…so let's get going shall we?" a weak smile bloomed across his face, he messed up again, and after he was doing so well.

TAG:Shekel_1383, Ktala, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

4. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants

"Language kid,", Vee heard Lefty said as she placed a drink in front of Vee. Vee looked from from the spot she had been staring at on the bar with a confused look on her face. It was a very nice looking amber sort of drink. "Here you go miss," the bartender started with a little smirk, "Agamar's Finest, guaranteed to put hair on your chest." Before muttering something about that being the one place she didnt need hair, she heard Lefty ask... "You and your lady friend need anything Thallass?"

Vee snapped her head around, to see that Thallass was standing very close to her. She had not even noticed, she was so busy trying to keep her stomach contents. He looked to Vee and leaned in close, "I asked Tanner to send you the scribbles but you can send them to Rei," he leaned in slightly and added in a slightly lower tone, "for editing.." Vee's eyes went wide slightly. NO WAY she would let Rei see those shots! The look of shock must have translated across her face, for he quickly added, "I…I mean if you need to, I'm sure he knows to do that, b…but just in case." Vee nodded once. "Thanks." she added as he turned and made his way back towards the room. She was pretty sure Tanner did not think to deal with the photos.

Vee turned her attentions back to the drink that had been placed in front of her. She gave a week grin. "Agamar's finest, eh?" She picked up the shot glass, and quickly downed the drink. It would not get her drink...but if it had a kick, she would feel it soon enough! She kinda hoped it did.

TAG: Shekel_1383, galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, HunterPrime

5. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Vagrants Back Room,Trìewahl Docking Station

Rasi had just asked the young Captain, were they ready to go and hunt for the missing children, when suddenly the man muttered something. Suddenly the Captain rose from he seat, calling out, "Tanner wait." The female bothan was hot on his heels, and Rasi noted that she grabbed for his hand. The Captain didnt seem to mind. Asa they reached the door, he called back over his shoulder, "Be right back!" Rasi blinked, and looked at those still in the room. He then looked at the small female who he had tried to speak to earlier. She stated that her people were great trackers. He certainly hoped that was true. But he wasnt too sure about the Captain, or especially the female bothan following. But if they did find the kids, they would most likely need her. Rasi shifted his weight, eager to get moving. "Ah…" Rasi looked up. The Captain had just stepped back into the room along with the Bothan female. He spoke to the pale Twi'lek who had just joined them, but had said very little so far. "Um…sorry about that, I had to…to check on Vee." A pause. "Ioko, you can accompany Maya and Vee to Veebin's, maybe swing by the second crime scene, you know the one where the Ithorian got..." He swallowed hard. Look like young girl who ran out earlier not only one who's stomach dissagreed with photos. "Yeah that's good, Tanner works better alone." He shares an uneasy look with Tereez then back to the remaining crew, "Uh…so let's get going shall we?" he asks, while giving the crew a smile.

Rasi spoke up. "Yees. We should go. Soon, trrrail mmmight grrrow cold. Harrrderrr to trrrack theen." With that, Rasi turned, and began to slowly walk towards the exit. He had watched the video, so he saw where the kids had last been seen. And the female Bothan's scent he had. Should not be too difficult to locate another Bothan. He just hoped it had nothing to do with the rude one and his discusting photos. That would be very bad. Very bad indeed. As he passed the main part of the bar, he looked towards the one they called Vee. He offered a raised paw, and then patted his own stomach. "Betterrr feel soon, yess." he told her. "Good hunting." he offered, as he continued on his way out of the bar, and towards the main street to get his bearings before he began to head off in the direction the video had shown.

TAG: Shekel_1383, Ktala, GrimdarkRose, AbsolX, Darth Ukendt, galactic-vagabond422

6. GrimdarkRose

GrimdarkRose Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Vagrants

"Maya, you can handle Veebin's, where ever that is," Maya nodded, annoyed but resigned, and opened her datapad to run a few holonet searches on the area. "I'm not sure what we will get from there but, it was the last place the Jedi was seen. Maybe they'll give you a direction." At the very least, she'd be safely out of range of the Trauma Squad. It was a long shot that she'd get any information from whoever was there but for once Maya didn't really care. "You can take Vee with you."

"Tanner, You, Tereez and I will investigate the "Princess's" berth, I'm rather certain the ship has moved on, this station isn't exactly a tourist spot but, maybe we can find a clue as to this 'Slasher's hiding place. And Tanner, this Cathar is part of our crew, you will show some manners when speaking to him. I don't expect you to be best friends or anything but, I don't want you too behaving like, well teenagers, trading insults back and forth, we have a job to do." Maya glanced back at the Cathar with surprise. He didn't seem the type to pick fights, but appearances weren't everything. This would bring the crew's Armed Heavyweight quotient up far above treasure-hunting average, by Maya's estimate.

Which, of course, wasn't particularly accurate, having been on a grand total of four. Still, in this seething, repressed, oppressed and above all violent galaxy, anyone with that much raw muscle, firepower and testosterone could and did thrive in bodyguarding, bounty hunting and plain brawling. Pouring over dusty, outdated tech and following subtle trails to locate a pile of equally dusty metals? Not so much, Maya reckoned. Thallass didn't know how lucky he was.

"Also could you send the scribbles to Vee for translation. Maybe she could do them while she's with Maya." Maya looked up at her name, and nodded, then realised the request wasn't directed at her. Right. Where was Doc-Vee, anyway? "By the way this Cathar, has joined our crew, he offered to help us look of Corro and Vi'lan, he might join us for the rest of the journey." He looked up to the now towering Felinoid. "If you'd like sir, could you introduce yourself, sorry for not asking before, everything got crazy really quick."

Understatement of the karkin' century.

"I ammmm called Rrrasssi. Iss pleassurre to worrk with you. Now we go, and find young oness, yess?" Enthusiasm always counted for something, Maya thought. His heart seemed to be in the right place.

She drifted in and out of the resulting conversation, blocking out their emotions with street names and local history. In the background, Thallass' panic returned, and part of her wanted to just tell him to knock it off. Another part of her glumly reminded the first part that emotions really didn't work that way.

"Ioko, you can accompany Maya and Vee to Veebin's, maybe swing by the second crime scene, you know the one where the Ithorian got... Yeah that's good, Tanner works better alone." His words were more to assure himself than anyone else at that moment. He shares an uneasy look with Tereez then back to the remaining crew, "Uh…so let's get going shall we?"

"Yees. We should go. Soon, trrrail mmmight grrrow cold. Harrrderrr to trrrack theen." With that, the Cathar turned, and headed away to... wherever it was he was doing. As he passed Doc-Vee, Maya following close behind, he offered a raised paw, and then patted his own stomach. "Betterrr feel soon, yess." he told her. "Good hunting."

Maya looked at the linguist. She didn't look her best, but that applied to most of them at this point. "So, " Maya begun, feeling slightly unhelpful, "Doc-Vee. Veebin's. Any idea where to start?"

TAG: Ktala, galactic-vagabond422, HunterPrime

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants Back Room, Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee picked up the shot glass, and quickly downed the drink. Woah! It went down with a nice burn, and made her open her eyes wide. WOW. She looked up at Lefty and smiled. "Thanks." she said with a grin. Right before she started coughing like mad. She looked up with watering eyes. "Smooooth." she croaked. But it made her feel much better.

As she gulped a fresh breath of air, she noticed the large Cat person had exited the room now. As he walked past her, he paused and spoke, just as Vee noticed that Maya was following close behind. He raised a paw, and then patted his own stomach. "Betterrr feel soon, yess." he told her. "Good hunting." Vee slowly nodded, offering a weak grin. "Thanks. Good hunting to you too." she told him, as he turned and continued out of the bar.

Vee turned to look at Maya, shrugging her shoulders. "So, " Maya begun, "Doc-Vee. Veebin's. Any idea where to start?" Vee raised an eyebrow. "Veebins? Whats that?" she asked. Obviously, she missed something while.. um... calming her stomach. Vee lowered her voice, as she spoke softly to Maya. "I thought we were looking for kids. Why we assuming the worse? We also got nothing that would really point us towards that." Vee sighed. "They also want me to do other stuff...I cant do that while im running around. I need a place to sit and study." she growled. She then gave a deep sigh. "Well, I guess we can find out where this Veenin's is..and take a look. After that, I can get to work on the ... transcriptions." Vee pushed away from the bar, offering Maya a smile. "And then you can catch me up on what I missed, while I was busy showing what kind of nube I must look like."

Vee shook her head. Vee waited until they were outside, and then she stopped and paused, thinking. "Hey... !" she stopped, and then turned to Maya with a grin. "Remember those thugs we met earlier? I got that heat sensor from one of em! That might help out a lot, in this old
    station. And Rei could track that as well! Whadda you think?" she asked Maya.

8. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Vagrants

Doc-Vee raised an eyebrow. "Veebins? Whats that?" she asked. Obviously, she'd been preoccupied during their meeting. Not that Maya blamed her. Doc-Vee lowered her voice, "I thought we were looking for kids. Why we assuming the worse? We also got nothing that would really point us towards that." She sighed. "They also want me to do other stuff...I cant do that while im running around. I need a place to sit and study." she growled, then gave another sigh. "Well, I guess we can find out where this Veenin's"

"Veebin's," Maya corrected automatically,

"is..and take a look. After that, I can get to work on the ... transcriptions." Doc-Vee pushed away from the bar, offering Maya a smile, which Maya returned. "And then you can catch me up on what I missed, while I was busy showing what kind of nube I must look like."

Doc-Vee waited until they were outside, then stopped, "Hey... !" she turned to Maya with a grin. "Remember those thugs we met earlier? I got that heat sensor from one of em! That might help out a lot, in this old
    station. And Rei could track that as well! Whadda you think?" she asked Maya.

"Sounds like a plan. What you missed? Let's see, " a more genuine smile found its way onto her face, "we've been instructed to follow up on the last place our Jedi was seen before this 'Slasher' offed him. Find some clues, all detective-y and all. Nothing too dangerous or bloody, but for once I'm not in the mood to complain."

She looked around, and tapped one of the less hostile-looking patrons on the shoulder; "You know where Veebin's is? Got an appointment there, business, you know, and I'm already running late." Technically, this was true, and probably less concerning than the full truth. Excuse me sir. We, a pair of entirely unconnected off-worlders, want to look at a crime scene for entirely unofficial and mildly illegal purposes from which we intend to profit. Ah yes. I should kriff off and take my mercenary offworld garbage somewhere else? Thought so. Thanks for the assist.

She put on the best 'concerned semi-respectable worker' face she could manage while wearing stained overalls and an entire toolkit hanging off her belt, and hoped for a helpful, non-violent response.

TAG: Ktala, galactic-vagabond422

9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trìewahl Docking Station

"Yees." Rasi started, "We should go. Soon, trrrail mmmight grrrow cold. Harrrderrr to trrrack theen." Tereez followed close behind pulling Thallass with her. She seemed just as motivated as the Cathar to find the boys. Then again from everything the teenaged Captain had heard, those two were all the family she had left. Thallass gave a look to Maya as they exited, she seemed annoyed, maybe, but she most defiantly didn't look happy. Was it the lingering memories of those horrible pictures, or was it him ordering her around. It was one of the first times he felt like a captain, finally leading this rag-tag group.

Now he wasn't too sure. Would finding this 'Slasher' really help find Corro and Vi'lan, should he have split up the group, sending them to disparate parts of the station and sending Tanner off on his own? The boy worries he just got caught up in the plan laid out for him by the bounty hunter, it was easy to enact someone else's plan it's harder to make your own decisions. He screwed his eyes shut again shaking his head, what's done is done, he can't change that, all he can do is learn from it. Ari moved quietly with the party heading to where Rei had spotted the children last. Maybe between the four of them they could wrap this up quick.

At the bar Lefty gave a wave with her natural hand her mouth pulling into a wry half-grin. Thallass noted Vee with an empty glass in front of her. It seemed a little early to be drinking but, he guessed as long as she didn't get as sloshed as Mr. Manteroni, it wouldn't be that bad.

"Betterrr feel soon, yess." Rasi called out to the translator patting his stomach. Thallass turned to try and share the sentiment but, Tereez's pull on his arm durg him outside before he could.

True to their words Ari and Rasi lead the group to the spot where Corro and Vi'lan were last seen. A layer of dust and grime coated the walls, bits of trash fluttered in the artificial breeze created by the environmental system. It seemed as if only half the lights worked in this section, a place long forgotten by the rest of the station. As they rounded the corner the hallway where Rei lost sight of the two boys, Thallass felt Tereez shutter.

"You ok?" he asked a look of concern on his face.

"I'm fine, I just get this feeling sometimes. It's nothing." She said flatting the fur on her arms that seemed to have stood up.

Rasi lead them down a path following his nose. Ari noticed footprints smallish feet, two sets. One set seemed to be running given the space between steps, the other set were closer together showing a bit of nervousness, then a sudden burst, catching up with the other. There was also a third set apart from the little feet. They were the size of an adult humanoid of some species, what was troubling was drops of dried blood, the trail seemed to mirror the path the smaller footprints were on, though the adult could have passed through here before them.

The trail led them to a dead end path were the sent pooled and more blood stained the ground, not enough to be deadly, but more than one would lose to a simple cut. The foot prints, little and big all together, move further down disappearing inexplicably right in the middle of the hallway. The dust and grime that had held the footprints seemed to have been cleaned in this area. Did that mean that this place had been scrubbed earlier, or does it just see more traffic than most?

A closer inspection could reveal more, but, Tereez shuttered again, even Thallass was beginning to feel something was wrong.

TAG: AbsolX HunterPrime

IC: Lefty
    Main Bar, Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

The human slammed down the drink like it was nothing, though her eyes did widen. Lefty noticed Thallass leaving the bar, being pulled by the Bothan girl, the bartender couldn't help but smile. A Zeltron approached, another being that was part of Thallass's crew, given that they had just come out of the backroom. There was a conversation but, Lefty was not one to eavesdrop, too much.

She moved away, metal leg clanking a little as she walked, to check on the other patrons. Picking up bits a pieces of the two ladies' conversation. Her ears perk up at the mention of Veebin's, a simple general store at the edge of the market, mostly caters to the permanent residents of the station, like Lefty herself. It's a simple store run by an old Bimm, a sort stocky man named Rayic, not Veebin as the name of his store would suggest. Lefty could see him, broad face, button nose, thick white beard and thinning hair. He had a kindly nature about him, almost like a grandfather, though in his older age it seemed his sight was going in his brown eyes, having to squint up at patrons that entered his shop, and peer closely at the register to read off prices. He always knew Lefty though, could tell by the distinctive sound of her mechanical appendages.

The store itself had most things a store would have, prepackaged frozen food, dry goods like rice, and cereals, things that wouldn't spoil too easily on long hauls from Agworlds to the station in the middle of nowhere. He would order special goods for those that asked, at a markup though, he was still a business man. The bartender can remember asking for a jam made from jogen fruit, a special treat she used to sneak when she worked with Bastrio. He got it for her but, it did cost her a bit. Lefty had no doubt that if you wanted some special thing that wasn't bounty hunting hardware, Rayic could get it for you, at a price.

Looking over her shoulder she noted that the women were gone, her eyes look up to see them heading out of the bar.

"You know where Veebin's is?" The Zeltron asked a rather quiet table, having reentered the bar, "Got an appointment there, business, you know, and I'm already running late."

A blue skinned Twi'lek woman with tattoos down one arm finished off her drink before turning her attention to the being asking for directions. "New around here huh," the patrons eyes noted the woman's rather work ready attire. "Well Veebins is on the far side of the market, a bit past a store called New, Used, and Salvaged, it's a little bigger than most of the other shops, you can't miss it."

Absentmindedly she tapped the Westar pistol in her holster, "You might want to be a little careful, there's some nut running about killing people." Again the Twi'lek's yellow eyes sweep over the Zeltron, almost studying her. "You might want a little more protection then what you got there," a blue hand gestured to the tools on the tool belt, "Unless you're hiding something special in that arm of yours."

Lefty gave a look around seeing if anyone was asking for her but, found a rather young looking Twi'lek with yellow skin that turned to red at his extremities. She recalled him going into the meeting with the rest of the Falkirk crew.

"Hey," she called out, trying to get his attention, "If you're looking for your compatriots I think most of them have left, if you hurry you might be able to catch the Zeltron and Human ladies before they leave. I think they said something about going to Veebin's. It's at the southern edge of the market." She causally pulled up a glass and set it on the bar, "Unless you want something for the road."

TAG: GrimdarkRose Ktala Darth Ukendt

IC: ???
    Trìewahl Docking Station

The armored being checked her blaster, making sure it had a full charge. The range finder on her helmet was down keeping a constant reading on her target. She'd waited ever since Namadii for this moment, a moment when he'd be isolated, away from the crew of that pitiful ship.

She stalked her prey, her mother's voice chiding her that she was too close, that even with the sound dampeners in her armor she could still be heard. That didn't matter she needed to get his attention, she needed to know...where did he get that armor.

The lines, the plates, and the symbol on the chest, she recognized it all. She could never forget it, it belonged to her father. Her heart burned at the thought of someone else wearing the armor the rightfully belonged to her family. What's worse was the outsider scum walking around in it like it was his, altering it, changing it. That could not stand, that was if, it was truly her father's.

As she followed, the scene replayed in her mind, the last time she saw her father. "Buir, buir," she called out little feet rushing towards the tall man in black armor. A smile bloomed across his face as he knelt down to his daughter's height. His long white hair, same as hers, was pulled into knot at the back of his head and trailed down the back of his neck. Over his right eye a black patch, she never found out how he lost it.

He pulled her into a hug and kissed the top of her head. "Yes ad'ika," he cooed.

"Are you leaving again?" the little girl asked.

"Yes but, only for a little while," he smiled again, "quick job on Coruscanta."

"I want to come with you,"

"And I would like nothing more ad'ika but, it is not my place to train you. That is your buir's responsibility." He gestured with his chin towards her mother who was standing a bit back from the pair, wearing only her chest plate and leg armor.

"But, I…I don't like it when you leave."

"I know but, we are beroya, we go where the contracts take us." She looked away pouting a little. "One day ad'ika, after your verd'goten I'll take you with me. Until then listen to your buir, and grow strong." He kissed her forehead again and rose to his full height, towering over her, the white fist engraved on his armor glinting in the light of their simple home. He replaced his helmet, white and black just like hers, and opened the door. Before leaving he threw a look over his shoulder, "I'll be back soon ad'ika," his attention turned to his wife, "take care cyar'ika."

The bounty hunter screwed her eye shut for just a moment, banishing the past back to where it belonged, behind her. Right now all that mattered was the being in front of her. In the back of her mind she could still hear her mother's voice,

"Being a beroya is not a job of emotion, it is one of logic, you must out think your target."

Though her mother's words sounded in her head, she was still following her heart, her father's heart.

"Darsten," she called out leveling her pistol at the man's head, "Before this gets ugly aruetii, I have one question." She lowered her asymmetric helmet glaring at the being ahead of her, "Where did you get that armor." Her finger tightened over the trigger, the contract said to follow the crew, it made no stipulations that all of them had to survive.

TAG: Shekel_1383

10. Shekel_1383

Shekel_1383 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 2, 2016
    (OC: Combo Post Between me and the GM)
    Tanner Darsten

The small metallic thud of Tanner's footsteps were a constant reminder that he was on no planet, but a station. As he walked, something began to irritate him. A small, innate feeling in the back of his mind. It swelled up slowly as he made his way through the station, just getting a little bit more prevalent with each step. He couldn't describe the feeling at first, but Tanner noticed that it slowly became darker, more angry - more intense. He eventually took a right into a hallway, grime covered the point where wall and floor met - posters, half ripped and illegible, covered the steel sides of the corridor. It was your typical, grimy metropolitan space station. This is where the feeling suddenly flared up, it was rage, sadness and insanity all rolled into one. It was as if something had just gotten.... closer.
    "Ah.... Kriff" Tanner thought to himself preemptively - it was already too late. Whatever this was - it was fast enough to beat Tanner's reflexes.
    "Darsten," a female voice boomed out from behind him. He stopped in his tracks, his head slowly perking up from looking at the ground. His hands very carefully at his sides, Tanner slowly turned around, to face whoever was calling him. From what he sensed earlier, he didn't need to see them to know this was going to be bad. About 15 meters away, stood a woman dressed in full Mandalorian armour, painted jet black. She even had the headgear too, painted black on the left and a stark white on the right, yet it was different to what Tanner had seen before. Abandoning the typical T-shape of normal Mandalorian visors, the woman's had only half a visor on the right side of her head. She was tall and stocky, with shimmering white hair pulled through the helmet in a pony tail reaching down to her shoulder blades.
    Tanner's mind was in overdrive - it had to be in situations like this. Her blaster was already aimed squarely at his head by the time he had turned around. Tanner tried to calculate his options, notice everything about anything around him. His brain was haywire, but his actions would be better because of it. The woman carried a sword hilt over her right shoulder, a long, black staff on her left.
    This would be fun.
    "Before this gets ugly aruetii, I have one question." The being spoke up, lowered her asymmetric helmet glaring at Tanner, "Where did you get that armor."

"Aruetii? Was that Mando'a? You're Mandalorian through and through, aren't you?" Tanner started making cautious steps towards the assailant, his hands stiff by his side.

"And you are not," she replied anger dripping from her words, "Where did you get that armor?!" Her voice was more insistent, she had to know. She'd spent years looking for it, running down every lead, every scrap of information she could. Now right before her was someone in his armor, possibly his killer. Part of her wanted to pull the trigger to put a hole right between his eyes and be done with it. She held back because, she was a bounty hunter, not a killer, unless that's what the contract calls for, she got more money for them being alive. As well she needed him alive to talk.

"Tell me Now!" She set her jaw under her helmet, hardening her hidden gaze at him, she would have the answers she seeks, one way or another. Tanner slowly moved closer and closer, using his attacker's apparent rage to his advantage. She would slip somewhere, overlook something - and Tanner would take full advantage.

"Easy now Vode, I'm more Mandalorian than you might believe." Tanner eased in a couple more steps. "Who sent you?"
    "Don't you dare," she spat at him, "don't you claim to be Mando'ad, di'kut you are not my vode." He heated words ripped themselves from her throat, "You are a chakaar, a grave robber." Hearing him speak those words, to pretend to be like her, to claim her culture. She was raised in it, steeped in warfare and hunting. He could not be what he claims, he couldn't, not in her mind. She noted him sliding forward another step, "Take another step and I will end this here, aruetii."
    Tanner stopped, his feet planted in the ground.

"Okay okay, whatever you want" he said, his voice remaining calm. There would be little time to gain the opening advantage. "Tell me," Tanner began. "Who sent you? Tell me that, and I'll tell you where I got the armour. From the tone in your voice, and how hard you're gripping your blaster there..." Tanner nodded towards her gun, still aimed at his head. "that you're either very, very nervous or very, very angry. Whoever my armour belonged to last must have meant a lot to you."

For just a moment, the pain of loss, stabbed her heart. That feeling was quickly replaced by anger, how dare he, how dare he use her father against her. She let out a growl, "Yes, it belonged to my buir. It belongs to my family, not to you." She was hissing though her teeth, never before had she felt so much anger. Her finger twitched over the trigger, ready at any moment to squeeze it. "And I was hired by the Black Sun." Damn her contract, this was personal, something she'd hunted for most of her life, she would have it back.

"The Black Sun? Blast, they're faster than I thought" Tanner briefly thought. But he could mull that over later- there was a matter to attend to. Her emotions were getting to her, now was the time.

"We're the same, you and I" Tanner looked the woman dead in the eye through her visor. "We're both two bounty hunters with family issues, out for revenge. It's lonely, I know" Tanner said through a sigh. "It feels like it's you against the galaxy, nothing but pain and anger driving you from one job to the next" As he spoke, she felt her blaster lower just for an instant. It hurt her, carrying this rage, her chest, her heart burned constantly. Every bad lead, every loose end tied up, it all just built up inside her. Though her visor she could see the fire, the same fire that burned in her eye every time she looked in the mirror. Her mind distracted, she didn't see him twitch

"But please," A smile crept up one side of Tanner's face as fire burned in his eyes.

"... there's no reason we can't be civil"

Tanner's brain had a hard time keeping up with his bodily actions. In one, swift movement, Tanner launched himself backwards - at the same time as reaching down for his blaster, pulling it into his palm with the Force, snapping it up towards the Mandalorian, and letting lose a barrage of shots as he feel backwards through the air.

Her body moved, before her mind even had time to register what has happening going on, into a diving shoulder roll towards the man.

Two of his shots glance off her armor leaving barely noticeable scorch marks on it.

A primal yell, from a place deep in her soul pieced the air. She came out of her roll on her knee, letting off a few shots of her own, "For a moment there," she shouted, "I believed you, thought we could see eye-to-eye, but you truly are aruetii." There was no cover for her to take. With both of them in armor this engagement would not be simple, the longer it dragged on the worse it was going to get , for both combatants. She let go with one hand, keeping a steady stream of fire directed at Tanner, and with her now free hand she pulled out a concussion grenade.

Activating it she quickly rolled it along the ground, he had three seconds to move before it detonated.

(OC: Our Combo Post went on for a while, so I'm splitting it, part two coming soon!) TAG: galactic-vagabond422 and anyone else who wishes to read it

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Vagrants, Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee waited until they were outside, then stopped, "Hey... !" she turned to Maya with a grin. "Remember those thugs we met earlier? I got that heat sensor from one of em! That might help out a lot, in this old station. And Rei could track that as well! Whadda you think?" she asked Maya. "Sounds like a plan. What you missed? Let's see, " a more genuine smile found its way onto her face, "We've been instructed to follow up on the last place our Jedi was seen before this 'Slasher' offed him. Find some clues, all detective-y and all. Nothing too dangerous or bloody, but for once I'm not in the mood to complain."

Vee scratched her head. "I thought we were looking for missing kids? When did this turn into something else?" Vee stated softly. "I'm not a detective.", she added, as she noticed Maya suddenly turning back towards the bar once more. Geeze. Would they ever leave this place? Maya went to a female patron, a blue skinned Twi'lek
    and asked her if she knew where Veebins was. Vee stayed quiet, but wondered why she just didnt ask Lefty. After all, she would know for sure, and she seemed pretty friendly so far.

"New around here huh," the patrons eyes noted the woman's rather work ready attire. "Well Veebins is on the far side of the market, a bit past a store called New, Used, and Salvaged, it's a little bigger than most of the other shops, you can't miss it." Vee smirked. Well, that would be easy. Her attention was distracted as the woman then tapped the Westar pistol in her holster, "You might want to be a little careful, there's some nut running about killing people." And then she looked over Maya, like she was trying to size her up. "You might want a little more protection then what you got there," a blue hand gestured to the tools on the tool belt, "Unless you're hiding something special in that arm of yours."

Since Vee was still near the doorway, she guessed the woman didnt know she was with her. Which suited her just find. Vee remembered what Maya had stated earlier about what folks had certain 'impressions' about her race. Maybe this was what Maya was talking about. Vee just quietly observed the body language and such, until Maya headed back out, when Vee would fall back in step with her.

She hoped they found nothing, so that she could get to work on other things.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, Darth Ukendt

12. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Alleyway, Trìewahl Docking Station

It did not take long for Ari and Rasi to find spot where Corro and Vi'lan were last seen. A layer of dust
    and grime coated the walls, bits of trash fluttered in the artificial breeze created by the environmental
    system. It seemed as if only half the lights worked in this section, a place long forgotten by the rest
    of the station. Not surprising. Either no parts, or simply left off to save credits. As they turned a
    corner, Rasi heard the Captain speak to the woman. She seemed to feel that something was wrong. Rasi
    slowed down now, as he began to use his sense of smell, to follow the path the boys led. The small woman
    Ari pointed out the two paths. There was another set of footprints now, and Rasi smelled blood. He didnt
    say anything, but pointed it out to Ari as well. But from the time wasted, the blood was now dried, and
    he could not tell if it was there before or after, but Rasi guessed it was after. Or else the kids
    running would have erased the evidence. The trail led them to a dead end path were the scent pooled and
    more blood stained the ground, not enough to be deadly, but more than one would lose to a simple cut.
    Something was deffinately bleeding out. The foot prints, little and big all together, move further down
    disappearing inexplicably right in the middle of the hallway. The dust and grime that had held the
    footprints seemed to have been cleaned in this area.

Rasi turnred to Ari. "A secrrrret passage perrrhaps?" he whispered softly. Rasi did not smell fresh
    blood. Hopefully, that was a good thing. Rasi's ears perked forward, and he looked upwards to see what he
    could see. Could they have gone up? That would explain the suddenly lack of footprints. The female Bothan
    shuddered once more, and Rasi kept a keen watch around them, both ears and nose, as he slowly drew what
    looked like a metal rod from one of the many places he had weapons. "Orrrr a trrrap." he added, speaking
    even softer than before. . Between the woman strange reactions to things around them, and Rasi's own
    mounting uneasyness, he decided it would be best to be prepared for anything. If there was either a
    ladder, or an accessible perch, Rasi would see if he could go up, and look for more clues there. If not,
    he would help Ari investigate the walls where the path suddenly went cold. Rasi also noted that this
    would be a perfect place for a gang of thieves to ambush an unwarry group of 'newbies.' Rasi back up a
    few steps, while he searched for more clues for what might have happened.

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

13. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    (OC: Combo Post Between me and the GM)
    Tanner Darsten

"3" Tanner thought, using his foot to kick the grenade into the air in front of him.​
    "2" he caught the device in his hand.​
    "and, 1" In one smooth motion, he threw the grenade back to his attacker, but followed his hip's momentum. The grenade left his hand, hurtling through the air. Tanner kept following his body's momentum, using his free hand to pull his cloak's tail into a protective barrier over his face as he knelt down, bracing for whatever came out of the bomb.​

"Osik" was her reply, from her kneeling position she wouldn't be able to roll away from the ordinance coming at her. She chose instead to flatten herself against the ground letting the concussive blast detonate above her. The shockwave forced the air from her lungs, causing her to gasp. She was a hunter, not a killer, the concussive blast would have merely knocked her possibly to the ground, in a rather unflattering position, if she hadn't dove to the deck.​
    Form her prone position she let off a few rapid shots at the now somewhat blinded man,​
    "Cloaks, more trouble than they're worth". She thought to herself.​

It was a concussion grenade -thank the Force, any High Explosive variant in a hallway like this would not have gone well. Tanner's cloak protected him from the bulk of the blast, but his breath was still caught short and he was slightly blinded - both would hopefully ware off soon.​

It was time to bring out the big guns.​

A few more shots rattled past Tanner, but he was still knelt down, blaster in his left hand, cloak-tail in right. He let the cloak tail drop across his body -obscuring his quick right handed reach for his lightsabre. Tanner stood slowly, sabre in hand.​
    Tanner looked up with as much intent as he could, staring down the Mandalorian again. Without breaking eye contact, he ignited his blade. Striking blue light raced out of the hilt with it's signature snap-hiss, reflecting off of the metallic sheen of the walls around them.​

"This armour, it's last owner was the man who killed my family" Tanner said almost quietly, his words carried along the short silence the concussion grenade brought.​
    Tanner re-holstered his blaster, and gripped his sabre in both hands as he ran towards the woman with as much agility as he could muster after the grenade. She would have to act now if she was to get up and grab some form of weapon which could hold a chance to parry the edge of a lightsabre.​

No, no, her father was a hunter, not an assassin. He wouldn't kill a family, a member maybe but, not a whole one, he would never. The snap-hiss of lightsaber reached her ears, yes only a Jedi could have killed her father. Though they had been purged from the galaxy, the Mandalorians still knew of Jedi, and hunted those that remained. As he charged forward she tossed her blaster to the side. With her right hand she pulled the scabbard off her back. There wasn't time for her to draw it properly so she gripped the hilt of her blade and flung it forward, the nerfhide covering slipping off it and flying down the hallway. She managed to pop herself to a knee before catching the falling blade on her edge.​

"Beskar, jetii," she said glaring under her helmet, "more than enough to stop your kad." It had cost much, to have this broadsword forged of pure Mandalorian iron but, she knew that only a Jedi could have killed her father so she'd prepared for that, trained with the old hunters, those that tracked Jedi. She was confident enough to face one in single combat, now she would see who he really is. She pushed back against him rising to her feet.​

The pair were locked, the Mandalorian pushed up with surprising strength against Tanner's sabre. There were only a handful of metals which could hold against the blade omitted by a Kyber Crystal - this person, whomever she may be, clearly wasn't messing around.​
    "My buir would never kill a family, he was a beroya." she shouted as she broke free from the lock. She swung her blade fast and high towards Tanner's neck. He brought his blade up to block it, twisting his wrist slightly so he could parry it away.​
    "And the Emperor would never purge the Jedi" Tanner shouted sarcastically back​
    as he brought his blade down in a powerful two handed slash.​

She raised her sword perpendicular to her blocking the over hand blow. The force of it flowed through her and into the metal deck. A roar left her chest, heated by the furnace that her heart had become. He had insulted her father, spat on his honor.

"Besom," she shouted beginning a flurry of slashes directed at his head and neck,​

The flurry of slashes and stabs came incredibly quickly, but they were all parried with relative ease. The Mandalorian was fueled by her rage - it made her attacks sloppier. That's not to say Tanner's emotions were not being riled up however. He too could feel his anger rise, propelled forward by the memories of his family.

"My buir was a man of honor, twice the man you are." she brought her own heavy swipe downwards towards Tanner's head. He caught it with his blade, his arms shuddered from the impact.​
    Tanner looked up towards his attacker, their blades caught together, his eyes glowing from the reflective sparks of his blade​

"No man of honour slaughters a little girl"​

Tanner made a defiant upwards push with the renewed strength from thinking of his sister, breaking the lock. He could feel the sorrow and the rage build up inside of him, piece by piece, memory by memory. He quickly reached out with one arm, feeling the Force for a brief moment, and grabbed the Mandalorian with it. Tanner swept his arm across his body, sending the woman hurtling towards the hard metal wall.​

The air left her lungs, as her body crashed into the wall carried by an unseen force into it. Her ears rung, and her vison blurred, the hit took more out of her than she expected. She gritted her teeth, she wanted to continue, her father would never kill a child, they had done nothing wrong, they had no need to perish. The flame in her chest was unbearable but, deep in her mind, she could feel that now was not the time to throw her life away. Her mother's voice rebuked her again,​

"You are letting your emotions cloud your mind again, you must out think your target. How many times must I tell you!"​

This time the woman was right, she had rushed in, didn't have a plan but, now she did, she knew more about her target. Even a failure something is learned. She pulled another grenade from behind her back and tossed it into the air turning to run as it quickly detonated, a flash bang. Her helmet was set to dampen loud noises and bright flashes. Tanner was less prepared for it. Though this would be a perfect opportunity to strike, she only had one of these, she had to retreat, for now.​

It went off bright and thunderous. In that time she disappeared.​

Ktala and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  14. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    Vagrants

The being Maya had asked for directions from was a blue skinned Twi'lek woman with tattoos down one arm (Jem's type, Maya thought) finished off her drink before turning her attention to Maya. "New around here huh," the patron's eyes took in her shabby overalls and toolbelt critically.

Maya offered a nod and a sheepish smile. "Just starting out."

"Well, Veebins is on the far side of the market, a bit past a store called New, Used, and Salvaged, it's a little bigger than most of the other shops, you can't miss it."

Maya nodded thoughtfully , calculating the distance. "Thanks"

Absentmindedly, the Twi'lek tapped the Westar pistol in her holster, "You might want to be a little careful, there's some nut running about killing people." Again the Twi'lek's yellow eyes swept over the Zeltron, studying her. "You might want a little more protection then what you got there," a blue hand gestured to the tools on the tool belt, "Unless you're hiding something special in that arm of yours."

Maya grinned. "You'd be surprised how much damage a well-placed spanner can do. Thank you so much for the help." She made her way towards the doorway, to where Doc-Vee was looking distinctly unimpressed, and waved to Ioko, further down the bar, and motioned towards the exit, indicating for him to follow. "It's by New, Used and Savaged, and the killings are common knowledge already, so hopefully the owner of the place will be nice and forthcoming about information. Me an' Ioko could go in to look around while you look at those transcriptions. If you want, I mean." Maybe the human wasn't quite ready to face all that again. This Zeltron certainly wasn't. Shaking her head, she led the way out of Vagrants towards the murder scene.

TAG: Ktala, Darth Ukendt

15. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Tanner began moving towards his mystery attacker - she looked down and out after being mystically slammed into a cold, steel wall. Though, as she whimpered and sluggishly got to her knees, Tanner noticed her suddenly reach behind her back. Tanner raised his lightsabre to strike - but it was too late. She moved like lighting, throwing a flash- bang up into the air and sprinting off - disappearing completely. Tanner recoiled back, his vision was invaded by a painful white light, his ears pounded like drums. He felt his way over to the wall, leaning on it for support. As the light faded and the shallow darkness of the station returned, Tanner deactivated his lightsabre, the powerful blue light gone from the metallic sheen of the wall. Soon, his legs buckled and he was sat, back against the wall, catching his breath.

"Kriffin' flash-bangs" Tanner said, trying to null the pain in his temples. It was a strange sensation, his body was coming down from the fight, but his conscience was catching up. The Black Sun. A Mandalorian and... her father? The stings of emotinal pain from remembering his family, slaughtered in a gory mess in their own home. His father, torso obliterated by a blaster, his mother and sister laid held in each-others arms surrounded in a pool of their own blood; their last, mortified expressions frozen forever on their face. These thoughts, this encounter - they all meant that Tanner's past hadn't vanished, it was creeping up on him. He needed his revenge - but so did the Black Sun. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to hijack their biggest spice vessel en route to Mustafar. No matter.

He would kill every person they sent, he wouldn't rest until Zarax, the man who contacted him on the Borei, laid cleft in twine at his feet.

All of a sudden, Tanner's thoughts abandoned him. He was alone, in a corridor, with a job to do. He stood up with a grunt and made his way down to where he was originally supposed to go.

After some walking, Tanner found a small commercial dock. A platform for cargo and a deepened landing pit lay before him. It was clear that the "Stellar Princess" was no longer here, neither was her cargo. A patch of squares on the cargo bay were a shade lighter than the floor around them - that must have been where the crates were from the crime-scene photos. Which also means that's where the body was found. Tanner walked over, now more alert - he didn't want a second revenge seeking Mandalorian sneaking up on him.

By the crates, was a patch of dried blood. People must have left this place in a hurry to not even bother to clean the blood of the Mon Calamri victim - if this was even her blood. Tanner knelt by the fluid, going through his routine. He touched it, finding it was dried into almost a skin. It must have been here some time. The smell was one of copper fluid - it was obliviously blood.

But then, something changed. A chill ran up Tanner's spine, the hairs on his neck piqued. The dock almost got darker, like some meta-physical astral mist had descended on the area. He looked carefully around him, yet Tanner noticed nobody. His ear's were full of noise, yet silent at the same time. Like thousands of in-audible screams all reaching out to him for help. This place radiated with the Dark Side of the force. Tanner closed his eyes, still kneeling down on one knee, and focused. Perhaps isolating why this place felt so dark would lead him to the Slasher

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza
    Trìewahl Docking Station

Vee watched as Maya headed back for the main doorway. She also gestured towards Ioko, still at the other end of the bar. Was he coming along too? "It's by New, Used and Savaged, and the killings are common knowledge already, so hopefully the owner of the place will be nice and forthcoming about information. Me an' Ioko could go in to look around while you look at those transcriptions. If you want, I mean." Vee made a face, while they waited for Ioko, and then grinned. "Oh yeah, looking forward to that, I'm not." She tilted her head.

Gonna have to sanitize the pictures. But I need to be studying the writing. But, the area itself might provide a clue as well."
    Vee sighed.

Shaking her head, Maya she led the way out of Vagrants towards Veebins. Vee kept the weapon she had been holding under her cloak in front of her, as they walked. This place suddenly didnt seem as interesting as it had been earlier. Between missing kids, and gory murders, complete with cryptic writings, yeah this side trip was getting ever stranger.

Vee kept a sharp lookout as they walked. "I wonder when they consider it night around this place?" Vee asked in general. "Cause the shops will probably start closing soon. And thats gonna make it harder to find the kids." she added, looking around as they walked.

17. AbsolX

AbsolX Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2015
    Ari: Triwahl Docking Station
    Ari followed Rasi through the docking station. Both the Bothan and Thallas were following them. Ari was reaching out with the force. She was horrible with object-memory, but it would strengthen her sight and hearing capabilities.

Ari saw two sets of small child-like feet. One of them was running, while their companion followed them nervously. Maybe they didn't
    belong here. The first child says something, and the second one runs to catch up. Ari looked at the third step. The adult followed a similar path, too similar for it to be the separate times. Ari bent down to get a better look. The blood stains were closer to the child's steps. That meant it was probably the child's wounds, but it could easily be the adults. Neither sets showed signs of limping, so the wound was a minor arm wound, as anything else would set the gait off.

The hunter follows the prey. One of the prey is wounded. They know the hunter follows them. Primary runs, but Secondary follows, unsure. They don't belong here. The hunter makes their presence known, Secondary begins running. The Hunter remains calm, their steps remain even.

Ari continues following the path. More blood pools at the end, steps mixing. Then the path ends. This place was strange, something felt off, but Ari couldn't place it. These steps were too convoluted to infer the location of the new wound.

"A secrrrret passage perrrhaps?" Rasi whispered. He looked up, looking for some place one could be hidden "Orrrr a trrrap?" The Cathum pulled iron rod, probably a weapon from his back.

"Probably the second option," Ari said.

The prey is cornered. The hunter has reached them. They inflict another wound. They lead their prey away, somewhere.

Ari put her montrals up to the wall and began knocking on it, careful not to contaminate the evidence. If the wall was hollow somewhere, she would know.

18. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trìewahl Docking Station

As the two trackers began to look about the space, the broad Cathar pulled some sort of weapon off his back, looking up. Ari took a step back knocking on the walls but, her eyes were peeled looking around. Thallass drew his blaster staying close to Tereez. She was nervous picking up on the energy around them. Rasi was looking up Ari was looking to the walls, Thallass looked at the deck. His grandfather told him all about secret compartments hidden in the decks of smuggler's ships, maybe it was the same here. As Tereez stood over a slightly off color deck plate she visibly shuttered.

"You ok?" Thallass asked moving close to her.

"I'm fine just felt a draft." She replied. The Duros looked around but couldn't find any vent or opening anywhere for a draft to come from. This wasn't the first time she'd acted like this. Part of the young man began to suspect something was up. He dropped down to his knee and knocked on the plate. A hollow noise rung out.

"Guys, over here." He called out.

TAG: AbsolX HunterPrime

IC:???
    New, Used and Salvaged, Trìewahl Docking Station

The hunter in black armor made her way to the store, hissing a bit. Tanner had injured her, broke a rib, maybe two. It was only the adrenaline that was coursing though her veins that allowed her to escape. Now that combat high was fading and she felt a stab of pain with every step she took. Her blade hung unsheathed from her back, magnetized there. She needed a new sheath, and a new blaster. Looking over the stock the shopkeep, his face covered by a purple bandanna, didn't take his eyes off her.

She picked up a few of them testing the balance, and the sights. Each time she looked down them she saw his face. That cocky grin, those turquoise eyes, she imagined putting a bolt right between them. However she knew that it wouldn't be that simple, he was a Jedi, dangerous prey. She needed to out think him, just like her mother said.

The hunter found a blaster that suited her needs, powerful with decent sights, a Kylan-3. As she turned to the counter to pay for it, she noticed a mark etched on the underside of the barrel, she recognized it, it was the mark of Churhee's Riflemen. On the wall of rifles there was a Kylan-15 blaster rifle, with a collapsible stock, advanced optics, and a silencer. She wandered over to it and took it down. She liked the way it felt in her hands, the scope on it was finely tuned, she could engage at a fair distance with this weapon. Looking under the barrel she saw the same mark as the pistol. It would be a crime not to complete the set.

"Anything else," the shop owner asked when she stepped up to the counter.

She looked over his shoulder and pointed to a sphere behind him. "How much for that net ball?"

Her new gear acquired, the hunter made her way to the exit, she was stopped in her tracks. Two beings passed by a Human wearing goggles and a Zeltron with a metal arm. They were part of his crew, Darsten's crew. She gave thought to taking one of them, using them as leverage to draw him into her trap to face him on her terms again. Her side protested, she'd tangled with him enough today.

She would get another chance soon.

IC: Rayic
    Veebin's General Goods, Trìewahl Docking Station

Rayic an old Bimm nearly 150 years old, looked up as a chime played at the entrance of his store. His failing eyes could only make out the blurry outline of two average sized humanoids. They seemed female or thinner males. He stepped out from behind his counter walking down the rows of shelves set up to hold his wares, mostly domestic items, like pots, pans, and utensils or dried foods of different sorts. He came closer to them his long grey beard shifting a little as he smiled. He squinted up at them shorter by a noticeable amount than even the one with reddish skin.

"Ooch," He started with a long 'oo' sound, "Welcome to Veebin's, what can I get ya'?"

TAG: Ktala GrimdarkRose

IC: Astor
    Cargo Transfer Corridor, Trìewahl Docking Station

Astor was taking a break resting in an abandoned cargo transfer corridor. The 'Stellar Princess' had left some time ago, leaving voids were some of the crates used to be. Their departure was delayed a bit with the murder of one of their crew but, they seemed to have moved on. He'd laid himself out on a few empty crates and had closed his eyes when the sounds of heavy boots clanging against metal deck woke him.

A human in armor approached looking at the floor checking on the dried blood that stained the floor. Astor did his best to stay away from that area. Nasty business all that, the body all cut up, he hoped someone caught up with that slasher soon, or there'd be no one left on this station. The Seccers had completed their sweep ages ago but, there's no official cleanup crew for crime scenes, so the blood remained.

"Oi," he called out coming closer to the man, "What are you doing?" he inquired running a hand though his black hair. "If you're looking for the 'Stellar Princess' she left a while ago." It seemed the other being wasn't listening heading towards a corner of the space. "'Cuse me?" Astor continued, "Are you authorized to be here?" He could see where the man was heading towards a slightly off color deck plate. He'd always wonder why there were these deck plates that don't seem to match the others. He was always told it was just patches made when parts got rusted or damaged. However they always seemed a little too spread out to just be that. "Are you feeling alright sir?" He was tempted to call the security force but, the man hadn't done anything untoward, yet.

HunterPrime and Shekel_1383 like this.
  19. Shekel_1383

Jan 2, 2016
    Tanner Darsten

Tanner felt the pit of his stomach lurch and turn, his entire body warning him to stop, and leave this awful place. But no, Tanner had to go deeper, he had to find out what happened here. In his depth of concentration however, he failed to notice a man laying down across some of the crates of cargo that were actually still here, across the room. Tanner's skin was pale, his eyes fluttered slightly as he tried to delve deeper into the force. In the back of his mind, he heard some kind of muffled noise. It got slightly louder, slightly closer.

Tanner opened his eyes and span around onto his feet, his hand instinctively rushing for his blaster, but stopping at the hip upon realising the noise was simply coming from a man, probably a worker, approaching him.

"Are you feeling alright sir?" he asked, running a hand through his black hair.

"I'm.... I'm fine" Tanner replied, wiping away a bead of sweat from his forehead. "Tell me, what cargo did the Stellar Princess take from here?" he continued, trying to forget about what he had just felt. He couldn't have answered any of the man's previous questions, Tanner had no idea what he'd even said.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

It was a pretty quiet walk, to head back from where they had just come from, but luckily, it didnt take too long to reach there. After finding the General Goods sign, Vee walked in. She could see the person in the store was a Bimm. He stepped out from behind his counter walking down the rows of shelves set up to hold his wares, mostly domestic items, like pots, pans, and utensils or dried foods of different sorts. He came closer to them his long grey beard shifting a little as he smiled. He was short, but he seemed friendly enough. But of course, it was bad form to assume anything, especially on a space station.

"Ooch," He stated, "Welcome to Veebin's, what can I get ya'?" Vee decided she would let Maya do all the talking, so she looked around, noticing the different items hanging on the walls. The way he squinted at them, he acted like he could barely see. But Vee was pretty sure, that he had some way of keeping tract of stuff, or else folks would steal him blind. Literally. And that didnt look like the case here. Some of that dried food might not be a bad idea. "What kind of dried foods do you have?" she asked him. Spending a few credits, in order to obtain some info, seemed like a good idea.

She looked back, wondering if Ioko had made it inside the shop, or had he even followed them. Course, he could be outside, looking around the back. After all, the guy didnt get killed inside the store. At least, Vee didnt think so. She just wanted to finish, so she could get to work on the translations. Not like she was looking forward to those holo-vids again, but there was something about the writing, that peaked her interest.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, GrimdarkRose, (Darth Ukendt?)

21. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Alleyway, Trìewahl Docking Station

The fur on Rasi's back began to rise slightly, as he watched the female called Ari, and the
    Bothan. The feeling he was picking up from her, was beginning to set his own nerves on end, as
    if there was something very wrong here. It did not taste right. His ears swivled slowly. He
    heard Thallass and the Bothan speaking to each other softly, as he kept a sharp eye about. It
    would do no good to get ambushed by someone, while peeking around in dark alleyways and corners.
    In the back of his mind, the possibility of a trap was beginning to seem more likely. After all,
    kind hearted Captain, folks new to the station, willing to help, while kids go rushing off in
    dark areas, with a killer around? Something was deffinately wrong with this senario. Rasi spoke
    softly to Ari. "Trrrap, maybee?" he stated softly. Suddenly, he noticed that the Captain had
    dropped down to his knee and knocked on the plate. A hollow noise rung out. "Guys, over here."
    He called out. Rasi look at the strange coloring, wondering about the possibility of an
    underground opening, until he remembered that this WAS a space station. Anythng was possible.
    Service ducts, abandonded maintenance spots. Rasi stepped back, allowing Ari to check it out,
    while he kept an watchful eye above them, in case anyone had any thouhts of attacking them,
    while they checked out the opening. He also kept a close eye on the female Bothan. He gripped
    his club tightly, as he scanned the area. He usually was really good at finding out when an
    enemy was near.

Unconsciously, he scanned out with the Force, ears pulled forwards, as he scanned the area
    around his new companions. Did not make sense that kids would suddenly go underground, unless
    they knew something was chasing them? Rasi thought about the information from earlier. The rude
    one mentioned. Jedi was a victim too. Hard to catch Jedi unaware. Unless they were busy thinking
    of something else. Rasi stayed silent, but his fangs began to show slightly. Yes. Not smell
    right. Was the two connected?

TAG: AbsolX, galactic-vagabond422

22. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    IC: Iokop'puddet

Ioko had followed the Maya and the Vee towards the store, but he'd been distracted before entering by a nearbye cafe, and so he'd decided to stop and enter the place, no real reason for doing so, but he felt like it, and so he did. In the cafe he purchased a simple drink, just to make sure he was completely awake, he'd spaced out a while earlier and knowing himself, that probably meant he'd needed something either to eat or to drink, and for now, what he'd gotten was likely to do the trick. He was about to leave the cafe when he realized that he'd need something to nibble on, as well, and so he turned around and purchased some local snack the name of which he couldn't pronounce, and left the cafe happily, nibbling on his snack, and sipping his drink. He then rejoined the Maya and the Vee in the Veebin's.

23. GrimdarkRose

Jul 19, 2015
    Maya Blue
    En route to Veebin's

Doc-Vee made a face. "Oh yeah, looking forward to that, I'm not. Gonna have to sanitize the pictures. But I need to be studying the writing. But, the area itself might provide a clue as well." She sighed. The group set off for Veebin's.

Doc-Vee kept a sharp lookout as they walked. "I wonder when they consider it night around this place? Cause the shops will probably start closing soon. And thats gonna make it harder to find the kids." she added, looking around as they walked.

Maya shrugged. "Don't know. Most ports use a standard time, right? Probably Coruscant or some huge urban world. Some places I've been, shops keep a night shift for late-night arrivals, anyway." Not that Maya expected that, but they could hope.

Veebin's, as it turned out, was a friendly shop selling mostly mostly domestic items; pots, pans, and utensils or dried foods of different sorts. Their Jedi might have come here for the latter, preparing for a long flight. The owner came closer to them, his long grey beard shifting a little as he smiled. Maya grinned in spite of herself. Finally, someone even shorter than she was. She almost felt tall.

"Ooch, welcome to Veebin's, what can I get ya'?"

Maya tried and failed to find a way to approach the subject. Fortunately, Doc-Vee came to her rescue. "What kind of dried foods do you have?"

Maya could sense the human's impatience, and wondered if it would be polite to help. It couldn't hurt, she reasoned, even if small talk was decidedly not her area.

She moved forward, pretending to examine a display of kitchenware. "Good to see you're open, " she said, aiming for a throwaway tone, "I heard from some guys down the bar you've had some trouble. Perhaps we could lend a hand clearing up?" She made a show of examining a pot meant for cooking grains, shooting an apologetic look to Doc-Vee and Ioko over the rim.

TAG: Ktala, galactic-vagabond422, @Darth_Ukendt

24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Trìewahl Docking Station

Thallass rose seeing the two other beings with him and Tereez holding their place. His eyes dart around putting his body in front of the young Bothan woman. His pistol was drawn, his long finger resting above the trigger guard, his grandfather did teach him how to handle a blaster properly. His eye's searched and searched looking for anything out of place. His heart was thumping in his chest. Behind him Tereez dropped to a knee.

Looking over his shoulder he saw her running her hand around the edge of the off-color plate. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"It's hollow under here right," She replied, still furiously feeling around trying to find something, "there must be a way to access it. My bothers could be under here."

The young man knelt down trying to get her to her feet. She pushed him away. "It could be a trap, or something worse." He tried to explain though it seemed Tereez wasn't in the mood to listen to the 'Captain'.

"And you want me to leave my family to that something worse. There was blood back there, it could be one of theirs."

"It could also be a trap?" he put a hand on her shoulder shaking it a little, "We could have been led here for just that purpose. We need to be careful."

"Careful…" Tereez snapped her head up worry written on her face, "My brothers could be dying, I don't have time to wait." Her hands feverishly pawed at the metal until she heard a click. She moved around to the other side and readied to lift the hatch. Thallass moved in front of it blaster drawn, ready to shoot into it.

He looked over his shoulder at the two hunters, looking for some support, some backup.

TAG: HunterPrime AbsolX

IC: Rayic

"What kind of dried foods do you have?" one of the humanoids asked of the old Bimm.

He squinted up at the being, the voice sounded feminine and from what he could see she looked to be human.

"Ohh, well," he started looking around a little, "Simple things, cereals and lentils, I have some dried meats, mostly nerf but, also Mugruebe from Agamar. Although there isn't much call for it out here except for the poor Agamarians looking for a taste of home." The chime at the entrance rang out. The aged being looked over he saw a blurry figure with headtails, a Twi'lek. The form was rather thin and graceful, in a way. "I'll be with you in a moment miss," he called out to the being.

"Good to see you're open, " A voice spoke from behind Rayic, he turned a little startled, had someone entered without him noticing? He only heard the chime once. His eyes caught reddish skin and a bit of gray. He nodded his head in recognition, this was the other being that entered with the woman that just spoke.

"Why yes, I need to keep open never know when someone's going to need something."

"I heard from some guys down the bar you've had some trouble." The smile fades a bit, "Perhaps we could lend a hand clearing up?" He made a note of her fiddling with a cooking pot.

"Are…Are you new to the station. Looking to move in?" his voice was a little nervous, his tone wavering. "Um… I haven't seen you around before." A silence took over, "Um…well, we've had some difficulties, what with this…" he swallowed hard, "Slasher," he said the word in a hushed tone, as if saying it out loud would invite the monster to his door. "running about but, it hasn't hurt me too badly. Though I…I did have a patron that did have a run in with…" another gulp, "the killer. He was a Hamm…" he was about to say Hammerhead, not the most flattering word to use, "Um…Ithorian, an odd one, asked for a book or where he could find one." Rayic's eyes were glued to the floor, "There really isn't a library here and I don't keep such things on hand." He went quiet making his way over to the Zeltron, "The poor man was killed just around the corner. Might want to avoid it." He said these words in a whisper not wanting to startle the other patrons. "Well," he continued returning to his normal volume, "If anything catches your eye just tell me."

He crossed the space again moving towards the new being that had entered his shop, "So, is there anything I can help you with miss?" he asked smile on his face, squinting up at the Twi'lek.

TAG: Ktala Darth Ukendt GrimdarkRose

IC: Astor
    Cargo Transfer Corridor, Trìewahl Docking Station

Astor recoiled a little watching the other man wipe beads of sweat from his brow, was it that warm here? The simple dockworker always felt a little cold on station.

"I'm.... I'm fine" the man in armor replied, "Tell me, what cargo did the Stellar Princess take from here?"

Astor's eyes go wide, "Nothing special, water, foodstuffs…" He looked back to his datapad before giving the man a curious look, "Hold on, why should I tell you anything…" a third look caused him to take a step back, "You're a hunter I take it, looking for the 'Slasher'." He didn't wait for a reply, and visibly shivered at saying the name. "Well, the Seccers came by almost a week ago now, couldn't find anything." He huffed to the side, "Useless," he let out another sigh, "I don't know why you're asking about the 'Princess' the 'Slasher's still here, killed two more." He rolled his shoulders trying to hide another shake recalling what he'd seen of the other two murder scenes. "Seccers said they went that way," the slightly shorter being pointed towards an exit on the far right from him. "But the trail was cold once they got passed the threshold."

His eyes lock onto the off color deck plate, right along the path the 'Slasher' would have taken, and right along the path of darkness Tanner had been following, not that Astor would know anything about that.

"I'm not going to tell you how to do your job but, you'd best bring a flamethrower or something big to take this psycho out. He rubbed his shoulders, "Killed a couple hunters already," his green eyes drift to the floor, "What are we supposed to do when even those with skills can't stop a monster like this, just hide away." He took a step back, "Look maybe you should just let this all go, be better for your health. And I should look at getting off this floating scrap pile."

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Vee Ruza

This guy sure squinted a lot. Vee thought to herself, as she watched him while he spoke. "What kind of dried foods do you have?" she asked the Bimm, and he was quick to respond. "Ohh, well," he started looking around a little, "Simple things, cereals and lentils, I have some dried meats, mostly nerf but, also Mugruebe from Agamar. Although there isn't much call for it out here except for the poor Agamarians looking for a taste of home." The chime at the entrance rang out. Vee looked over just in time to see Ioko entering the shop behind Maya and herself.

"Good to see you're open." Maya chimed in, now taking over the conversation. Vee just stood back now, staying quiet for now. The Bimm turned to answer her. "Why yes, I need to keep open never know when someone's going to need something."

"I heard from some guys down the bar you've had some trouble." The smile fades a bit, "Perhaps we could lend a
    hand clearing up?" she asked while looking at a cooking pot. The man change of demeanor was almost instant.
    "Are…Are you new to the station. Looking to move in?" his voice was a little nervous, his tone wavering. "Um… I
    haven't seen you around before." A silence took over, "Um…well, we've had some difficulties, what with this…" he
    swallowed hard, "Slasher," he said the word in a hushed tone, as if saying it out loud would invite the monster
    to his door. "running about but, it hasn't hurt me too badly. Though I…I did have a patron that did have a run
    in with…" another gulp, "the killer. He was a Hamm…, Um…Ithorian, an odd one, asked for a book or where he could find one." Vee noted that the Bimm's eyes were glued to the floor, "There really isn't a library here and I
    don't keep such things on hand." He went quiet making his way over to the Zeltron, "The poor man was killed just
    around the corner. Might want to avoid it." He said these words in a whisper not wanting to startle the other
    patrons. "Well," he continued returning to his normal volume, "If anything catches your eye just tell me."

He crossed the space again moving towards Ioko. "So, is there anything I can help you with miss?" he asked, smile
    on his face, squinting up at the Twi'lek. It took Vee all she could do to keep a straight face. She then shook her head. The murderer could be infront of him, hacking someone, and he would never be able to identify the guy. Vee looked over at Maya, a questioning look on her face. She then shrugged her shoulders and looked back at the Bimm.

"When your finished, could I get some lentils and some dried nerf?" she asked him politely, smiling. Not that he
    could really see. But she did wonder about why the being would come here looking for a book? That was an odd
    request. But a reason to kill? Vee felt that she really needed to get to work on the writings. While she waited, Vee walked around, examining the store. Perhaps a quick look 'around the corner', before they could make their way back to the ship. Right now, Vee just wanted to leave this place. It felt, weird. Wrong. This entire station felt wrong for some reason. She would be happy to get back on-board the Rei.