main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    It was "what Zahn hates about the EU".

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with Callista myself. I loved her in No Prisoner. It would've been great to have seen more Anakin/Callista interaction, with Anakin learning that yes, some Jedi can love.

2. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    it would be nice if Callista could come back and her and luke could finally get together. at least give us some more Callista novels

3. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Amen, JediMatteus; amen![face_peace]

4. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Well, maybe not right away. But it would be nice to see her back, if only to see how she's doing without the Force, if she eventually turned over to the dark side entirely, or if she eventually regained her connection to the Force.

If it turns out Jacen met Callista, I am so going to add it to my theory that a lot of Jacen's time was picking up Luke's leftovers.

5. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    What an amazing video! I kinda want to contact that guy and interview him or something. I'll look into that...

As for Zahn, etc...I agree that I think he probably did have a certain amount of respect for the L/C relationship. There always has to be that "one" that was the great romance of your life, until you found the "real one," that made you realize you could love again (I refuse to describe Callista as "the one that got away")

I would really, really like it if Callista were to return in Fate of the Jedi. The blurb at the beginning of Outcast does sound an awful lot like her, if you ask me. It would be especially interesting since it's been almost 20 years since her departure, and I've always had this theory that her Force powers would have simply "grown back" over time, (and certain segments of No Prisoners reinforce that theory), so at the very least she should have some level of power left. Has anyone read this yet?

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I haven't had a chance to read it yet, so that will be my "reading assignment" for the summer :)

If you look at the author's comment on the YouTube video, he'll note that he's even less of a Callista fan than he is a Mara fan, but he did a smashing job nonetheless. Although that was an interesting choice for a Callista in that video. If I had gone with a blonde star instead of my usual choice ?SHAMELESS PLUG AHEAD!?, Kate Beckinsale, I would have either gone with Meg Ryan (whom I can totally see playing Cray and Callista Ming), or Uma Thurman (originally envisioned by Mrs. Hambly herself when she came up with Callista).

C/L?Forever!

7. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    [image=http://mitchieville.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/megryan.jpg]

Really? ;)

I'm sure you mean a younger Meg Ryan. I really don't like her at all, myself. But whatever floats your boat!

You all know who my first choice for Callista would be:

[image=http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/10/01-07/Angelina-Jolie-1.jpg]

She's even got gray eyes. :D

I agree with Uma Thurman for Cray, although the books say that Callista slowly morphed Cray's body to resemble her own over time--her eyes changed, hair color changed, I'm even willing to bet that over time the shape of her face and everything would slowly change as her own spirit fit more comfortably into Cray's body. :-B

By the bye, thought I'd post this gem from days gone by...it's one of my favorite L/C fanfics ever, and I just found it again on wayback.com!

Lightsaber, by Deanna Kramer

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006

Yikes! Definitely a younger Meg:
    [image=http://www.hair-styles.org/meg-ryan-picture-015.jpg]

Got an itchin' for some Callie-fic....

C/L

9. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    It's amazing how much Meg Ryan looks like Callista.

Has anyone here read No Prisoners?

10. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Yup! Read it and loved it, Spider!

11. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    The only thing I had against it was Ahsoka explaining Jedi attitudes toward sex. She's, what, 11? Epic fan disservice.

12. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Ahsoka's 14. ;) Old enough to know about sex. Especially if they've deemed her old enough to command armies, IMO.

That part actually struck me as very interesting, it addressed something I've wondered about the Jedi Code since the "no attachment" thing was introduced (which always seemed like a silly plot bunny to me to begin with, but what do I know?). I refuse to believe that all Jedi lived as monks.

13. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Hope all you Callistars had a wonderful 4th of July! And I agree with Cade; not all Jedis follow the path of celibacy (every Skywalker has felt a stirrin' in their midichlorians when someone attractive of the opposite sex came wandering into their lives, if you catch my drift).

Keep your peeps open; I feel another Callistar contest coming up soon!

Callista?Forever!

14. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Hahaha, it's so true, Steve! And never mind if they happen to be related, LOL!

15. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Ahsoka explaining Jedi attitudes toward sex

is this all you think about, Darth? vause every post i have seen you make on the boards is about sex, get a grip, and lets stay g-rated here. i mean what you said on this thread is fine, but other threads have been a little inappropriate.

16. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    It's okay, Matteus. Iktomi has made any number of non-sex related posts here, so I can personally vouch that it's not the only thing he posts about.

And it's a decent enough question, in a book that we're discussing. If the topic offends you though, we can discuss something else. No worries. [face_peace]

17. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I really can't see Callista with short blond hair. Although she's not quite perfect, the closest I've found to my image of Callista is Eliza Dushku:
    [image=http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/eliza-dushku/eliza-dushku-20080116-364115.jpg]

As for the other topic, I'm with Spider on that one.

18. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Ironically enough, Tars, I always viewed Eliza Dushku as the adult version of Geith and Callista's daughter Kara in our fanfic saga from the late 90s! ;)

19. DarthIktomi

May 11, 2009
    Yeah, more often than not, Darth Havac interprets my posts as sex-related, whether or not they actually are. But like in the Kyp thread, I took my personal objections to a fanfic about sexual abuse to private message. She hasn't replied yet.

But what I meant was because Ahsoka's 11.

Anyway, back to Callista, what do you think happened to her after she left Luke? We haven't heard from her again.

20. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    With my fanfic, I assume that she worked on other skills to compensate for the absence of the Force:

http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=23987519&brd=10477&replies=0

And my choice for Callista? Kate Beckinsale

[image=http://webpages.charter.net/jedi2187leia/callie-group.jpg]

C/L Forever!

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I mentioned above earlier, she's actually 14. ;)

I think that she was off fighting the good fight during the Yuuzhan Vong crisis. I have a theory that she might be on the same "wavelength" as them in the Force, and therefore could sense them.

22. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Awesome picture of Callista! But is that supposed to be Luke with her? It's not Stephen Collins is it?

As for what she did after leaving Luke - I imagine Callista joined up with someone like the Black Curs, or maybe even Karrde's company after Mara left. I haven't read the books, but I heard that when he first turned Sith, Jacen would use the Force to disguise his eye color so no one would know he'd turned. I figure Callista was the only one who could see through this, since she was immune to the Force.

23. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Thanks :) and yes, that is Mark Hamill. It's a screencap from 'Wing Commander IV'; a lot of art that is used to represent Luke in the latest series of books they lift from the original trilogy, instead of maybe asking some of the actors to possibly use their current likeness to give the readers some idea of the vagarious time that has passed since RoTJ. Callista, for me, will always seem ageless, hence one of the reasons I went with Kate instead of, say, Sandra Bullock (no, I won't go there).

Cara envisions Jolie as taking on the role, and I did a cover for 'Mergirl' some time back:
    [image=http://webpages.charter.net/jedi2187leia/MerGirl-final.jpg]

Callista?Forever

24. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I think it's safe to say the Luke aged much better than Mark Hamill did, LOL. But I do love that Mergirl cover you did for me. The translucency work is spectacular.

Incidentally, Mark Hamill is rumored to be putting in an appearance at EPCOT for a few days this holiday season to read for the Candlelight Processional. I really hope it's true, I'd love to see him do it!

25. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    hey DI i dont really have a problem with you, i just think you need to be careful with what is said, and how it is said. Star Wars has rarely been about sex, and it should stay that way imo.