main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Nice story, Steve! Be sure to tell us when you post more.

Just curious - does anyone have any Callista-centered non-prequel fanfic where she isn't with Luke?

2. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    Will do, Tarsier (and say Hello to page 110!!!!)

A standalone Callie story sans Luke? Hmmmm[face_thinking] I have a story brewin' in my head.

C/L Forever!

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    An intriguing idea, Tarsier, which I'm ashamed to admit, never occurred to me. Well, I wouldn't say that, it's more that I thought of backstory to the stories I was writing, and never really got around to writing the backstories before her reunion with Luke.

4. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of her not going back to Luke, maybe Luke even ending up with someone else. You know, Callista just doing her own thing. Maybe she meets up with Luke again, but not in a romantic way. I guess I'm just odd, Callista and Mara are two of my favorite characters, but I've never much liked either of them with Luke...

5. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    A most interesting idea indeed...[face_thinking]

6. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Impressive. Most impressive.

C/L

7. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Why, Steve, I do believe we have a game to play...

Perhaps a little project where all our Callistars put their pen to paper and write a standalone, then we can all have a little show-and-tell?

8. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I believe, then, the game is afoot! I'll make a proper announcement in a little while (waiting for the iced latte to kick in).

C/L Baby!

9. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Fantastic! I'll have to start brainstorming.

10. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    I prefer him with Mara. Perhaps because Zahn wasn't initially going that way, but it didn't take much to read UST into them. By contrast, Callista was created specifically for Luke to fall in love. Also, there's all the squick of possession.

11. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Quick questions--UST? And what's Squick?

By the by...I've got a spectacular idea for my one-shot Callie story.

12. Tarsier

Jul 31, 2005
    As between Mara and Luke or Callista and Luke, I find Callista and Luke far less objectionable. And it's my understanding that Zahn did always plan for Mara and Luke to end up together...

I'm looking forward to reading the one-shots! So far I don't have any ideas - I may have over-complicated Callista's story too much to make a coherent standalone story.

13. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    UST = Unresolved Sexual Tension, e.g. Luke and Mara until the Hand of Thrawn
    Squick = a portmanteau of "squeamish" and "ick", which possession really is when you think about it

14. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Ah, I see. Thanks, Spider! LOL...squick...

15. CallistaRieekan

CallistaRieekan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    So yeah, I am totally not active in this fandom (mostly due to a nasty incident 12 years ago) so I was only informed yesterday that Callista was in a new book! I will admit to checking out the dramatis personae in the new books I see, hoping her name will be there, but it had never occurred to me to check the Clone Wars novels. I will be buying No Prisoners at the first opportunity.

not always here, but always a devoted Callista and Luke/Callista fan,
    - CR

16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    The doors are always open to you here, as well as us [:D]

C/L?Forever!

17. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Welcome back, CR! It's great to see you again!

[:D]

Don't know about you all, but my one-shot is well underway! It feels good to be writing Callista fic again...

18. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    You started already? Ack!

*brushes off Doritos from clothes*

Time to warm up the Macbook because it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong!

C/L

19. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Eh, just a few ideas. Nothing major yet. ;)

20. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I've got a few scraps of ideas myself. Time for another swashbuckling adventure with our Lady of Chad III.

C/L

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
  22. ashsecho

ashsecho Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2007
    *peeks in*

Oh my gosh, you guys, you added like five pages since I was last here...nothing like having to go back and see what I missed! Yes, still around, still love y'all...just battling life right now, and decided, "Screw it, I'm getting too introspective and inward thinking again, maybe time to brush off the old writing notebook and get out of my own head for a while." :)

Am definitely liking the idea of a short, one-shot story...I just might have to join in the fun!!!

23. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Yay! Welcome back, ash![:D]

Without futher ado ( or adon't.... if that is a word), the Official Callistar One-Shot Story is on! No limit on how long the pages are or how many words you use, but it has to be a self-contained story. And to sweeten the deal, the one with the most fab story of our favourite Jedi shall receive a prize from Yours Truly?!

So get posting and let's see what you come up with. The deadline is August 30th, so keep your peeps open on this page when the time rolls around. Post your one-shot on the Fanfic forum, and paste the link here.

Callista?Forever!

24. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    ash! OMG it's been ages! I've missed you! [:D]

And Steve, I freakin' love you. The game sounds great! This is why you're such a better Senator than I am. ;)

In a completely unrelated side note, I'm running for Empress of the JCC, over in (obviously) the Jedi Council Community. Our submissions for the first challenge are going to be posted tomorrow, after which users are going to be able to vote for their favorite contestants. I'd be so grateful if you guys would vote for me! [face_batting]

Thanks!

25. ashsecho

ashsecho Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks, Cara and Steve! I've missed you guys, too! [:D]

Of course I'll vote for you, Cara...just direct me to where to go!

I'm currently enjoying a three-week break from school (yes, still at it...) and after taking a week-long vacation in California, I'm now trying to do a minimal amount of work around my house and catch up on a mountain of enjoyable reading I kept putting off to the side for when I'd have long, uninterrupted stretches with which to imperse myself a good book. Currently, it's Into Thin Air, a nonfiction account of the 1996 expedition to Mount Everest that got caught in an unexpected storm while still on the summit. I'm about halfway through the book, am really enjoying it, and oddly enough, keep getting flashes of writing inspiration. Oh, dear...[face_devil]