main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Callista Fans!!! (v.7 something or other...)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ambassador Cara Jade, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    I enjoyed some portions of the NJO, I think I would have liked it more if they'd condensed the story into 8 or 9 novels, rather than spreading them out over some 20-odd books. It just dragged on for too long, IMO.

2. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Surprisingly, I'm actually almost done with my one-shot - it's very short. But I'm fine with not posting it until Sept. It'll be interesting to see what you guys think - I'm not sure you'll like my version of Callista, she may be a bit different from Hambly's.

3. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Can't wait, Tarsier!

Mine is almost finished, but I have yet to actually sit down and type it out. I have a tic as a writer that I have to write everything out with pen and paper before putting it on my computer...my computer is too distracting to the creative process, LOL

Of course, the JC has nothing to do with that...:p

4. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    All right, friends, I've got a GREAT story to share.

I went out to dinner with a bunch of my friends tonight, and we, all being the geeks that we are, came onto the topic of Star Wars. One of my dear friends flippantly mentioned once dressing up for a costume party and no one knew who she was.

Guess who she was dressed as?

Yes, our very own Callista!!!!

It seems I have another Callistar in my very own Real Life! I almost cried, no joke. We were already very very close friends, but our friendship has definitely moved on to a whole other level.

With all the stuff that I've been up to of late, between rehearsals, writing, planning for upcoming events,etc, this moment became the high point of my week, no doubt. And I wanted to share it with all of you!

5. jedi2187leia

jedi2187leia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2006
    I will pay you some serious money if the both of you dress as Callista this Halloween..

..while I dress as the pear-shaped husband of two kids as he checks the candy for midiclorian tampering.

C/L?Forever!

6. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    LOL I would, though I've already laid down a bunch of money for fabric to make my Silk Spectre costume!

Maybe next year... ;)

7. ashsecho

ashsecho Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2007
    Cara, that is such an awesome story!

*waves hand and jumps up and down*

I'll do it, I'll do it!

Funny enough, my best friend and I were just talking tonight, and we both want to go to San Diego Comic Con sometime, and naturally, we'd have to dress up, and naturally, I've had that idea in my head for some time now.

I do have the Jedi robes already made...an impulsive several hours on the sewing machine last year yielded results I'm happy with, but I still have to figure out the rest of the costume...

And if I get it figured out and done before Halloween, and have something Halloween-related to go to, I'll definitely wear it!

And Steve, I'm definitely happy with pushing the story deadline to September, seeing as I haven't gotten a whole ton actually written yet.

8. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Hahaha! Don't you love what random fits of creativity sometime yield? I'd love to see pictures, ash!

9. ashsecho

Feb 11, 2007
    I'll see if I can get some pics up, Cara! Used to have some, but lost them when my computer crashed. I'm recharging my computer right now, so I'll try to get some more taken later this morning or this afternoon!

EDIT: Ha, did it!!! Pics below...

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/goldash/Costuming/jedicostume001.jpg]

Brown, shapeless blob laid out on my bed. Fabric's not *perfect* but the color is close, and it was cheap. And it's cotton, so it breathes, an important quality when you live in 116* weather.

Put in on, and it turns into...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/goldash/Costuming/jedicostume004.jpg

Instant Jedi...I was already wearing khakis and a black tank top...add boots and robe, and it's the five-minute Jedi, perfect for last-minute costuming needs. LOL.

A few more pics can be found in the album here. I'm kind of grumpy looking in a few on them because it was kind of early in the morning. :)

10. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Awesome job, Ash!
    When I went to Celebration IV, I broke down and bought a Jedi robe for myself. Not as authentic as in the movies, but it'll do in a pinch. Here's a pic of me from the Celebration in my Slummin' outfit and lightsaber:

[image=http://webpages.charter.net/jedi2187leia/Celebration%2005.jpg]

I, uh, had some assistance in the shot. Ahem.

C/L forever

p.s. Who's up for meeting @ Celebration V next year???

11. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I didn't know Cingular had Jedi Knights! :p Great pic, Steve!

I love your robe too, ash. And you're so pretty!

As for C5, I'd really like to go, but it's really going to depend on where they end up holding it. I'd love it if they decided to hold it in Orlando...[face_praying]

12. ashsecho

Feb 11, 2007
    [face_blush] Thanks, Cara!

I love the idea of C5, but it would depend on where it was for me as well.

13. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    I've never had the chance to go to a Star Wars convention. Apart from Star Wars Weekends, I've never actually been to any kind of sci-fi event. I think it would be really fun, though!

14. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    I've been to two Celebrations; the last one was so packed on Saturday, the Fire Dept. of Indianapolis had informed the people running the show that nobody else can come in because the number of people already inside is a fire hazard (!). So the stadium hosting the event has already gone over capacity, not that half of the attendees are flammable. Maybe.

C/L Forever

15. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Yeah, it has to do with the number of people that can get through however many doors there are in the building safely in case of a fire. Very sad. But here's hoping they choose a nice big venue this go round.

Like, say, the Amway arena in downtown Orlando? [face_batting]

16. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Hmmm... sounds like a good place to host it:cool:

In the meanwhile, a happy Labor Day to everyone! Fire up the barbeque grill, open the salty snacks and pop in 'A New Hope' because it's a typical Monday and there are no parades for a holiday like this (who wants to see a 'Blue Collar Worker in the Port-A-Potty' float???)

Callista?Forever!

17. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Wish I could say we didn't do a parade today because it was Labor Day...alas, we did. And I'm gonna have to go in again in a few hours to do another one!

18. ashsecho

Feb 11, 2007
    Any excuse for a parade at Disney?

Wrapped up a petsitting job this morning, and am now sitting here planning out next weekend's road trip (because my family can't be normal and plan things for weekends when people actually have time off...heaven forbid my cousin make his wedding reception convenient for the rest of us :rolleyes: ). it's the chance for cooler weather, though, so I'm not grumbling too strenously...yet. Ask me again after 14 hours in the truck.

19. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Oh, it's true. I do enjoy my performing, but some days it is just REALLY hard...especially when it gets as hot as it does here!

20. ashsecho

Feb 11, 2007
    I hear ya...and you've got humidity on top of heat! I'm definitely ready for fall and cooler temps, such as they are in AZ.

Plus fall and winter bring my favorite holidays...Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. And I might actually have Halloween stuff to do this year (I somehow managed to volunteer myself to possibly co-host a party...) which is motivation to get on with actually finishing my Callista costume. Got the robe...I just need to figure out what I want to do for the rest of the costume, which is where you guys come in. I'd love to hear any ideas/thoughts you might have, since my only basis to springboard from seems to be, "unconventional." So any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, et cetera, are definitely welcome!!!

21. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Well of course, this would be the standard choice--and a good one, if you ask me!

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/66/Callista_NEGTC.jpg]

Also, there is the description of what she wore in Planet of Twilight:

"Like a plumb bob on a line, a single lankily graceful figure in grubby crimson, tattered leather and what appeared to be very old stormtrooper armor rappelled casually down the permacrete face..."

You'll also recall that she was also wearing gray veils over her face. I've always visualized a red leather jacket, probably coming down to cover her hips, with tan or black pants covered with stormtrooper leg armor, gloves, and the veils around her head.

Hope that helps! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

22. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Hmm... Actually, ashsecho, I don't think you need to add much to the Jedi robe - I think you already look a fair bit like her, based on the pic you posted. Maybe some jewelry or accessories with a fish/water theme? And since her lightsaber is yellow, I always thought that might be her favorite color, so maybe you can add a bit of yellow somewhere?

23. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    A good thought...Though truthfully, I don't know if the Altisian sect of Jedi wore standard Jedi robes...I don't know if it was ever mentioned, and I wouldn't put it past them to ignore the dogmatic Jedi "dress code"

But I could be wrong about that!

24. ashsecho

Feb 11, 2007
    That's sort of the angle I was going for, and I imagine that's a habit she would have carried on later...comfortable and functional. I've got a 14-hour roadtrip ahead of me tomorrow, so that might give me some time to process some ideas in my head as well.

25. jedi2187leia

Jan 11, 2006
    Be sure to bring along a good book to read (not that I am dropping any HINTS or anything [face_whistling]

C?L Forever!