main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Camping in line episode VII

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Acristofani, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Acristofani

Acristofani Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2015
    Hey all,
    Does anyone know of any group plans to camp out in line, or the best theaters to do so at? That's one of my favorite traditions, and with the advent of phone reserved tickets it seems less and less people want to camp. I'm looking for a theater anywhere in Northern California to camp at.
    Any info?

Thanks,
    Anthony

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    One of the best Bay Area theaters to camp at used to be the Century Theaters on Winchester in San Jose. We camped for days before each SW movie and it was a fantastic community experience. Very sadly, those theaters closed a year or two ago. I'm not sure which local theater(s) will take their place for that particular part of the experience and am curious myself to see what others think. My group picked up tickets for the Mercado but I've never done a big opening night there and am not sure what to expect. I'm sure there will be a big line but don't know how soon management will allow it to start. Sometime next month I'll probably go ask them about it.

jawajames likes this.
  3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I talked with someone at the Mercado this afternoon. They aren't sure whether people will camp tonight or not, but they were setting up the lines in case. The person I talked to thought personally that there would be people starting tonight. However, while the theater seemed accepting of the possibility, he did say he didn't know whether the property security would allow it. I guess we will find out! I have my gear and will be headed over there in a bit after work, and plan to try camping.