main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Camping Out...What's going in your backpack?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jerejerebinks, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Hey guys - for those that are planning to camp out on one or both of the two nights - what are the essentials you plan to pack for the night?

Alison Organa likes this.
  2. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    My sportneer chair, portable phone charger, tablet for movie viewing and book reading, travel size deo, toothbrush and toothpaste, travel pillow, blanket, clothes for the next day, hairbrush, and snacks. Thinking also on wipes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jerejerebinks likes this.
  3. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Change of clothes. Something to watch DVDs on, either my laptop or portable DVD player. My camera. Celebration guide (I'm hoping to get the one they hand out rather than use the commemorative one I bought). A sandwich and some water. Deodorant and a small mouth wash. Come to think of it, those are long nights, so I'll probably buy a small fold up chair to bring that I can carry around easily.

.......and maybe my lightsaber to carry, but I'm still debating if it's worth traveling back and forth with on the plane and then carrying it around all day at Celebration.

Padme501st likes this.
  4. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Yeah, I bought a chair that should fit into my expo bag pretty easily. A Han-in-carbonite throw, pillow. Might see if I have a blanket small enough that won't take up a huge amount of room in my bag - just in case the chair gets old after a while and I do actually want to lay down at some point. I might go ahead and buy a 2nd hand held iPhone charger too.

I don't think I have a portable DVD player anymore but might bring the ol' Kindle Fire.

Not going mad from boredom might be the hardest part.

Padme501st likes this.
  5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Camping chairs for my wife and I , some snacks, my iPad and extended battery. Probably deodorant and wipes too.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that at London last year backpacks were subject to a separate security check (and line). If you take one for camping you might want to return it to your hotel before the day's events start.

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Any idea how long it typically takes to get through that line?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    How long is a piece of string? It was shorter than the initial security line but long enough that we left our packs at the hotel for days 2 & 3. I had a plastic grocery bag in my pocket that I used for purchases and handouts. The time spent there made a difference if you were heading for a panel that started right after the venue began letting people in.

9. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I imagine for a lot of folks it wouldnt take as long to go through a security checkpoint as making a round trip to the hotel though.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes - but if they have a lot of stuff for camping in their backpack, do they really want to haul it around all day?

11. Dandman1021

Dandman1021 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2017
    Doubtful that we are able to, but does anyone know if we can bring in some beers?

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I would assume no.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's probably a good assumption. I doubt security would allow alcohol in an overnight line. It might be different if it was outside.

14. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015

[​IMG]

Dandman1021 likes this.
  15. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    Guys, anyone know if there are lockers at OCCC????

16. Alison Organa

Alison Organa Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2016
    I'll be bringing a pillow, sleeping bag, iPad and earplugs. :p I'm going to have my family bring stuff for me to change into the next day. I don't think anyone will brave the line with me. This is mostly "my" con anyway.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  17. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I'm going to be in line with a friend I met at C6 and who I haven't seen since C6, but we have gotten close over Facebook since then. Anyways I hope I do get to meet all of you who are camping out and if you are alone and want to chat, that would be cool

We are basically one big SW family anyways

Docgeo and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I was lucky enough to get a VIP or I'd be camping with you guys. Hopefully I can catch some of you at some point to say 'hey'.

Padme501st likes this.
  19. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I'll be there!

Does anyone know if they have wifi available? I don't have a smart phone or facebook or anything, so I can't do any kind of real time communication with that. But if I have my laptop I can log in here and communicate with people and we can figure out where everyone is at.

Padme501st likes this.
  20. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    http://m.occc.net/Services/WiFi

Xinau and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  21. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    Wifi! Sweet! Laptop and Kindle it is!

I

Padme501st likes this.
  22. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Awesome! Thanks.

I'm just going to come back here to get that link when the time comes.

23. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    But it says that,
    FREE Wi-Fi "Hotspots" are available in most public spaces throughout the North/South and West Buildings on all levels. Public spaces includes food courts, concourses and common areas inside the center. OCCC Free Wi-Fi is not accessible in:
    • Meeting Rooms
    • The Chapin Theater
    • The Lecture Hall
    • Exhibit Halls
    • Administrative Offices
    Isn't the "Morning Queue" in the Exhibit Hall? So we will not be able to get free wi-fi?

24. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    I doubt it. I was at one and when a couple of guys popped open beers in line, a security guard nicely told him they couldn't do it. They then got up and left. So stupid; were they there to drink beer or see whatever they were in line to see? Can't you just drink your beers before you get there if you need them?

25. jerejerebinks

Mar 24, 2017
    I'll be drinking all day at Epcot on Wednesday. Beer will be the last thing I need.

All that time in line without a cigarette on the other hand... [face_nail_biting]