main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC17 Camping Out...What's going in your backpack?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jerejerebinks, Mar 28, 2017.

1. jerejerebinks

jerejerebinks Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 24, 2017
    Safe travel! Orlando is hopping and there's Star Wars shirts everywhere!

Docgeo likes this.
  2. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    SO I land at about 1630 and will check in at my hotel. I wish the Forums had a meet up spot so we could all grab chow together before camping out.

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Really wish I could be there this year. Crazy as it sounds my wife and I really enjoyed the over night queue. We made good friends who we're still in touch with now and the atmosphere was great. We ever said we'd do it again (and just not take a wristband) if by some miracle we got VIP passes just because it was so much fun to hang out and swap stories with other fans.

Docgeo and Padme501st like this.
  4. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    After I get my wristband, what are the chances I can get into the hall and go to the store before TLJ panel. The show floor opens at 10, and the panel isn't until 11, right? If I'm not worried about being up front, just in the room, is this a possibility? I'm just starting to worry that I won't get a chance to go to the store, and if what I've read is true, i won't be going there at all if there are 3 - 4 hour waits just to buy stuff. I've unfortunately only got one day (Friday), so I want to make the most of it, not stand in the store all day. There must be a better way? Multiple, smaller stores, maybe?

5. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Based on London if you want to hit the store before the panel then as soon as you've got your wristband(s) get in the show floor queue. You should be in the first chute if you do this (especially once the line starts condensing). Look at your map and make sure you know where you're going (since this is day one and you won't have been able to visit the show floor before to get your bearings) and head to the store as soon as the doors open.

Being honest you'll probably be best getting a lightspeed pass to come back at a set time later in the day. Unless you are right at the front of that first chute and run there will most likely already be a queue to get into the store. You should be able to get in the store before 11am but getting in, browsing and purchasing what you want before going to the panel will be a challenge. Unless there's 1 item you absolutely have to have and are worried it will sell out and are prepared to miss the start of the panel for go with the lightspeed pass. You still need to do the same process to get the pass though, they go fast!

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Padme501st: Are you still having a Rogue One viewing party in line tonight?

7. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    I just boarded my connecting flight out of Philly! Next stop Orlando! See you all there.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.