main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Toronto ** Camping Trip - August 3rd, 4rd **

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    And what do we do after we roast the marsh-mellons?
    I believe it?s what you humans call, a sing-a-long.

Grab your sleeping bags, get ready to pitch the tent, start rubbing those sticks together...
    The first ever, FanForce Camp-Out is in the works. The Toronto Long Line and Young Jedi Niagara, along with Buffalo, Syracuse, Rochester and other NY FanForce chapters are planning on spending an evening round the ol? campfire. But don?t fill up on the Smores, because we?re going to be camping at Six-Flags Darien Lake where there are dozens of rides designed to make you toss your cookies. Roller Coasters. Roller Coasters. Roller Coasters.

So a day of rides. An evening of camping. The potential to be the largest SW fan gathering since Celebration. Sound like fun? Yeah. But here?s the catch...

We need rides. Drivers and vehicles.
    We need to reserve in advance ? that means moolah asap.

Take care of those two things and we?re on our way to a weekend of fun. So here?s the Plan?. We head down Saturday morning, bright and early. The cost of admission is $50 Cdn. This covers your campsite and unlimited use of the rides at Darien Lake. We spend Saturday at the park, camp overnight and return mid-late afternoon on Sunday.

If you have a vehicle and are willing to drive people to the park, then we?re willing to fill your tank. The group will pay for the costs of gas for anyone who chooses to drive at least one other person.

Admission to the park is actually on a sliding scale, with the price dropping the more people who go. I?ve set the cost mid-way along the scale but if there is money left over, we will throw that into the group kitty to fund the aforementioned gas costs and future club events. We will need to reserve as quickly in advance as possible. I will handle the booking and put it all on my credit card provided you give me the cash upfront.

2. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I wish I could join you, but I will be just coming back from a wedding up north and then a couple weeks later going back up again for another.... thats the breaks I guess, are you guys gonna camp in line up style lol

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I hope to be able to make it, but can't confirm.

Sounds like fun. I've been to Darien Lake a few times - fun place.

4. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    are you guys gonna camp in line up style

What, you mean in the pouring rain? I hope not.

Each campsite can hold up to six people, so when I book mine, that will insure at least six of us are taken care of. If we can get over six to confirm by this weekend, we could concievably reserve an extra campsite to have a couple of spots in reserve for those who aren't sure and still not be out of pocket if they choose not to come.

5. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I'd love to come, but couldn't confirm just yet.

Cris~

6. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Will confirm by this weekend.

Am possible driver.

At work now, must go.

More to say, I have......but later.

7. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I would love to go to, but my job situation is up in the air, so I can't confirm just yet.

8. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm in pretty much the same situation as Nyla, I'm afraid. August will hopefully mean a major job shift for me, problem is, it means I can't leave the city that month, or until it happens (whichever comes first). But there is always the next one!

Sabrina

9. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    It falls right between my two vacations, I´ll be coming back to Canada on the 28th july and leaving again on the 9th of august. i know i don´t have the cash so we´ll have to see on that one.

deb

10. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'd love to come, but I don't think I can confirm at this time. If you've still got space in your camp later on when I have money, I'm in, but I can't say anything for certain at this time sadly.

11. Jangofat

Jangofat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Not sure if can come but if i go my dad might be able to pick couple of guys.

12. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Kat no can come. Kat work. Kat need money for other toys and thing called rent for next year. Kat sorry. Kat sighs. Kat hopes all will have fun!

13. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Update from Jake.

Will be unable to attend....unfortunately.

Sorry!

14. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Sorry, I got a week long Canoe trip departing several days after you guys get back. So I'm gonna be busy packing up for a REAL camping trip.

15. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

doh. Christina no can make it either. Sounds like a blast though. HAVE FUN! :)

16. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    okay.
    So it looks like the vast, vast majority of us are working, broke or both. I'm personally bowing out so I can take the time to focus on the impending wedded bliss that looms on the horizon.

Those of you who are interested in going to the Darien Lake campout, I suggest you head over to the Niagara forum and contact YJN.

Maybe we can have a 'too wussy to go into the woods' movie night at my place some time. I'll cook up some Dr.Pepper smores and we can watch some camping classics like, Friday the 13th, the Blair Witch Project and Meatballs. Anyone interested? Anyone in the city prefer to host the event to save everyone the journey out to Miss.?

17. Jangofat

Jangofat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2002
    Yeah that sounds great

18. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Sounds great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.