main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Sorry to hear your mother is being a bit crazy. I hope you figure it all out.

It sorta makes me glad to know that once my grandmother dies, it's my aunt that gets to deal with that, she's crazy and our grandmother hates me anyways, so I'm not counting on anything. And on my mother's side, her parents have the stuff split up between their 24 children, grandchildren and great-grandkids, so no one really cares because 1/24 of nothing equals nothing.

2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    They had twenty-four children?! :eek: You got my family beat. My grandmother had twenty brothers and sisters (from same parents).

Edit: I think I misread that. You are saying children + grandchildren + greatgrand children = 24? Unless the Will says otherwise won't the children be the only real heirs? Or is it different in Canada?

3. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. No, they only had 5 kids (though they themselves are from families of 13 and 15 kids). The 24 is everyone added up. There are a LOT of names on that will (most of us have 2 middle names and you gotta have the whole name on the will). Usually if you have no will, your children will be the default heirs, but you can make whoever you want your heirs.

4. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh yeah, he has two Wills. I forgot about that. Briannakin why do most of you have two middle names? Is that Canadian or just your family?

My oldest son didn't pass the scuba swim test so only my youngest is taking Scuba lessons. :( They wouldn't reimburse me my older son's $400 tuition, but they will give him a credit so he can take the course next year without me paying again. So I have to make sure he takes swim lessons and is ready for next year. My youngest son is having a ball. He really likes scuba.

Gemma and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    It's just a weird family thing. My grandfather has 2 middle names (they are REALLY BAD) so my mom and her siblings got 2 middle names and my siblings and I, and many of my cousins got 2. Some of them are really bizarre, but if you hate your first name, like I do, you get 2 alternatives to pick from.

That really sucks that your son didn't pass, but at least he can take it next year and your younger son is enjoying them.

EDIT: Ugh. I'm debating walking to walmart. It's a half-hour roll up hill and I don't exactly need one specific item, I'm just running out of food in general. On one hand I have nothing better to do and it's quite nice out, plus you know, food is good. But on the other hand it's Walmart... and it's up hill. This is why I need to fix my power-wheelchair.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Sorry your son doesn't get to take the class, Jedi_Lover. :(
    I'm glad your other son is having fun though! I took an introductory SCUBA class (just one day) and it was a lot of fun, though I found out I'd have to get an Rx mask because I couldn't see the hand signals in a well lit pool when they were really close to me. 8-} They kept telling me the refraction from the water would make it fine, I knew it wouldn't be and sure enough it wasn't. I'm too blind for that to work.

Bri- You could always just order in. :)

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Mav, you are a genius. I've decided that I'm going to leave my treks to Voldimart for emergencies or for when I REALLY need something. I'll hopefully get the energy to take the bus to an actual grocery store sometime soon, but for tonight, I may treat myself to some Papa Johns.

Gemma, Goodwood and TrakNar like this.
  8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Ordering out is always a good idea.

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I haven't actually ordered out since I've moved in. I'm trying to watch what I eat as I haven't been exactly 'active' this summer, but there's nothing wrong with a treat once and awhile, especially if you are ordering for 1 and have plenty of left-overs.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is the second time someone has mentioned pizza today and now I really want one. And not the fancy, specialty pizza I usually like. I want a greasy, super bad for you, pepperoni and extra cheese kind of pizza.

Must. Resist... Will power, failing.

TrakNar likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh, you are really bad. I have heart-burn from just reading that. I was on the Papa John's website (we just got a PJ's in June and I've only had it twice) and the Greek pizza looks good and somewhat healthy, but the 6 cheese and Canadian bacon was SOOOO good when I had it, but I have no tums in the house.

Edit: So I did order Greek pizza for my dinner (with extra cheese :D) it was VERY good and very yummy, especially after last night's egg-foo-young fiasco (lets just say not even Ketchup would give it flavor). I just have to make sure not to make a habit out of it. Neither my gut nor my wallet can handle it!

Kahara, Gemma and mavjade like this.
  12. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Jedi_Lover : Glad you were able to get a credit for next year. You might look into renting him a wet suit to keep him warmer in the water.

Briannakin : Greek pizza sounds lovely. We had tri-tip steak from the grill with fresh pineapple we brought back from Hawai'i. Simple and delicious.

We are actually having a true monsoon season this year. We had a big storm yesterday with over an inch of rain at our house. The desert is already perking up and the bushes have busted out in purple flowers. It is fabulous! I predict by Saturday the desert floor will be so covered with new grass that it will look like someone took a green highlighter to it.

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Our Papa John's no longer has Greek pizza. i loved it. It was sooooo good.

Anywho, got back from the carnival. My foot is killing me. Line dancing on an injured foot is a baaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    TrakNar, that will business sounds like no fun at all, and I sure hope it gets sorted out soon. And that your foot will be nice to you!

Jedi_Lover, I'm sorry the swim test didn't work out for your son, but I'm glad that you were at least able to work out the credit for next year. I sympathize, because I get uncomfortably cold in most swimming pools too.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku, sounds like things are beautiful around you right now! The desert terrain is definitely capable of some amazing and astonishing things. The purple bushes sound stunning; I don't think I've ever gotten to see them do that the times I've been out there.

Today after an early dinner we went boating again, this time canoeing. It was immense fun, mostly because I didn't have to do anything—my son and I just sat there enjoying the beautiful scenery (including tons and tons of waterlilies!) while my mother and husband paddled. Tomorrow the boy and I head to Chicago in preparation for our West Virginia trip. Fingers very crossed!

15. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    The carnival was a nice bit of levity. I rode on a bunch of rides, got chocolate-dipped frozen cheesecake (it is as delicious as it sounds), played some games (I won a panda because I've got dead-eye sniper aim for the water gun race), and went line dancing. Despite my foot now being very sore, it was worth it.

The bruising is subsiding, so it doesn't look as awful.

16. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    'Grats on the panda, Trak. Remind me never to challenge you to a shooting match... ;)

And for the love of Jar Jar, give that foot a break!!

17. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    But... I like line dancing... They played Cotton Eye Joe! D:

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I've been quiet the past few days. Thanks to Briannakin I'm craving pizza at 9:30 in the morning :p. I've been thinking of taking up Irish dancing. If I do, that would justify having pizza for breakfast :D

Kahara and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I may pick up a pizza on the way home today.

[​IMG]

TrakNar and Alexis_Wingstar like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm having pizza tonight as well.

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I feel like having a late-night pizza tonight. Unfortunately, I, the night owl, have to be in bed at 7:00 PM tonight because my alarm goes off tomorrow at 3:30 AM, which is normally about my bedtime. On the bright side, that's because I'm going to Cedar Point tomorrow, which I didn't think I'd get to do this summer! :D

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm eating pizza! nom, nom, nom. :D

23. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Be glad I just ate a Quad Stacker and value Satisfries with a slice of hot Dutch apple pie at Burger King two hours ago. Else I'd be hating you right now. :p

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    MMMmmm... Pizza. Though I still have a half of a pizza in the fridge, it looks like I'm finally going to have to break down and hike up to Walmart because I'm out of cereal (I also have to finish getting my sister's birthday gift). Wish me luck.

25. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    You can have that cold pizza for breakfast... there's nothing better in the morning. =P~

TrakNar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.