main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

can't the JEDI COUCIL feel the dark side??? (english is allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: BeNeLux' started by Mr_E_Knight, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_E_Knight

Mr_E_Knight Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey guys,

I was wondering wy the JC can't feel the Dark Side in palpatine in Ep I & Ep II?

Ep I: on the end when they walk past Palpatine

Ep II: when they sit with Palpatine at a table(SW Ep II : Trailer IV "Clone War")

please respond

thnx
    M.E.K

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I think that is one of those mysteries that we need to wait to be resolved, perhaps in Episode II, but for sure by Episode III

3. IRADONIAN

IRADONIAN Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    The Dark Side of the Force had clouded their vision...
    I think they use the Dark Side as somekind of a mental cloak to misguide the Jedi Council. "The Dark Side clouds everything..."
    Plus, in a big city the planet Coruscant is, it might be hard to sense dark souls between a million others.

4. masterodhran

masterodhran Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Mayby palpatine does somthing

5. Pepijn

Pepijn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm bringing up an old topic now. Sure everybody will disagree on this one, but maybe at this time Palpatine isn't dark side at all at that time, you can't say Palpatine is a Sith Lord for sure, can you?

6. flyingseal

flyingseal Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2002
    You're saying Palpatine isn't Sidious ?[face_plain]...

7. Mystery_Knight

Mystery_Knight Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    wow hoe lang is ut wel ni gelede dat k deze topic heb gepost... nahja
    lol

-MrE.Knight

8. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    Yup. Although a lot of things point this direction and i know i'm just stubborn, i simply don't want to believe this. Ignorant isn't it?

But i also got arguments.
    -Look at the way Sidious is displayed; he doesn't do anything except manipulating others, never has direct involvement in things; but Palpatine has, he is governing the Republic. Which is a job.
    -Some may claim that it is required that they are the same person, because the actions of Sidious improve Palpatine's position and vice versa, like the blockade of Naboo and the ordering of the clone army. But the improvement of Palpatine's position is also beneficial for Sidious. I think this can be explained in a master-apprentice relationship. Sid being master, Palp being an apprentice.
    -"But Dooku is already Sidious apprentice!!" I know that, and the regulation of the two Siths is being stated by Yoda in TPM, but how does Yoda know? Perhaps this regulation was once needed to keep the Sith Lords safe from detection, but the time has come for the Sith to reveal themselves, beginning since TPM. In EPIII the final forging of the empire (actually a Sith Empire) takes place, and thus can the Sith Lords finally show themselves at full strength.
    - Then who is the guy in ROTJ? I believe it is Palpatine, once again governing the Galaxy. Learned the way of the dark side from Darth Sidious, who is still behind the schemes, linking for a possible bad guy in EP7-9(Although Lucas has confirmed he don't want to do these movies, he also said that about EP1-3, so maybe..) Or he is simply dead, eliminated by Yoda or Vader or someone else in EPIII.
    -Another thing that really doubted me about this is the name, during the ROTJ era this guy is simply known as "Emperor Palpatine".
    Why? Why doesn't he use the name Darth Sidious if he is him? Darth Vader doesn't keep his name secret either.

Well, until EPIII, no one can deny or confirm. I think the possibilties of my theory are low, but i do believe it.

9. Mystery_Knight

Mystery_Knight Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    whell pepijn.

ur theory* is very good. and it could be true. still if we look back on ep II.
    -The Dark lord of the Sith 'rulez' the senate
    -The Dark Side clouds EVERYTHING impossible to see the future is...

think of this too. but it would b realy cool if ur theory* is right :D

*dunno if it's spelled rigt

-MrE.Knight out

10. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Nope the dark side clouded their visions remember that.

So the jedi council can't look in the past, future, present.

So there is no way that they could "see" who the dark lord is, same reason why they couldn't see the clone army

11. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    Indeed, according to my theory, Darth Sidious is Palpatine's master. Through Palpatine he rules the Republic. With the buildup of a military (Clone army, Red guards, Star Destroyer-like warships) and the destruction of democratic laws, he is strictening Palpatine and thus his own control over the Republic.

The Dark Side clouds everything, but does Sidious really do that? The coming war, is a dark period of history, and thus a "time for the dark side", couldn't this period that is related to the dark side be undetected for that reason?
    The construction of the Clone Army is not detected by the Jedi, but they don't know where to look, and how. Like the Republic, the Jedi order is getting slow and massive, and thus unable to discover things fastly. Remember Yoda saying "blind have we become, if we can't detect a clone army", but he doesn't mention any relation to the dark side. But he did that concerning the clone war. Whatdoyathink?

12. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Indeed, according to my theory, Darth Sidious is Palpatine's master.

well, according to Rick McCallum and G.Lucas Palpatine is Darth Sidious... :p

and Darth Sidious already have an apprentice called Tyrannus. If I'm not mistaken the dark side also follows the one master one apprentice rule...

The Dark Side clouds everything, but does Sidious really do that?

It's difficult to imagine that 2 sith lords can cloud the vision of 800 Jedi's including master Yoda.

So I think it's the force who's doing that. Not the sith lords. So that prophecy of the Force can be completed...

I find the rest of your theory quite intersting Peppijn

you could be right...

13. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm Back!!!

"well, according to Rick McCallum and G.Lucas Palpatine is Darth Sidious..."

WHEN did they say that? And how? Maybe i can twist their words properly so it even fits in my theory.

Am i a basher or not?

14. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I don't have the sources. But he said it...

15. Pepijn

Jun 28, 2002
    That's a stupid move, if you ask me, it would be just like saying Luke is Vaders Son before TESB.

The whole point of this Sidious/Palpatine secrecy is to puzzle the fans. And then he says it before EPIII is published...

But if you don't have the sources i'll keep my opinion. Sorry.

16. Sjorensly

Sjorensly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey I don't mean to be intruding, but I have to say that darkside is something that everyone feels, it is the source or raw power, oohh and if you didn't know darkside power is pure raw power, it isn't evil, just scary .......

From the Jedi achives of Gonzo the Great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.