main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cantina Contest Vote

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by DARKSHREDI, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARKSHREDI

DARKSHREDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    Hi all, just checking that everyone here is aware of the CE competition. My band Anchorhead has entered our special 30th anniversary metal rendition of Episode IV. We're currently residing in first place, but we need to maintain our position til tuesday the 10th at 4pm, when voting closes. Please vote for us, we promise to put on a great show!

http://www.celebrationeurope.com/cantina/poll/index.htm

Thanks,
    Charlie

2. DARKSHREDI

Jul 5, 2001
    Well, the votes have all been counted and the 2 finalists have been announced. Here's the official word from the Celebration Europe Myspace:

We have been made aware of various issues with the voting. There appears to have been a number of votes that were generated by automated or spam entries. These votes have been discounted from any totals so that the results reflect only those votes we believe to be genuine votes from individuals. We have done this in the interest of fair play so that the competition is just that, a fair competition.

The results including GENUINE votes are as follows:

1. Darth Elvis - Winner
    2. Ancorhead - Runner Up

Congratulations to our 2 winners who will be playing live in the final on the Celebrity stage on Saturday at 6:30pm with host Jay Laga'aia and a number of VIP judges.

Good luck to our two finalists on Saturday.

I hope all you sturday attendees will be there to cheer both my band Anchorhead and the Dark King of the Sith - Darth Elvis on! I can't wait to meet Captain Typho too!

3. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Well done Charlie, Glad I voted for you, are we allowed to video the event ?

4. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Yay! Well done. Can't wait to cheer you on on saturday.

5. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Will you be wearing your Tusken Raider head and Tuxedo as featured on BBC and CNN etc.?

6. DARKSHREDI

Jul 5, 2001
    Hey, thanks!

Steve, I'll definitely be bringing my camera. In fact I was ging to ask you if you woouldn't mind filming it for us. We'll of course be suited and booted for the event. Due to reasons of visual impairment, I've had to retire the Tusken head in favour of a Stormtrooper helmet - with white Tuxedo jacket of course.

7. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    have you got a tripod also ?

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    YOU.GUYS.PWND.

I filmed it from the second row, think I did an ok job, I'll upload it to Youtube when I have the HD space.

9. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Awesome show Charlie, very well done on your well deserved victory, you blew Elvis off stage and out of the building!

10. DARKSHREDI

Jul 5, 2001
    Thanks for that guys! We were definitely nowhere near the top of our game last night. The only way to improve is to play live though, so we're going to be playing again quite soon - hpefully without the sound problems and technological malfunctions! It was tremendous fun though and meeting Jay was great, as was catching up with you guys. Cheers!

Anchorhead (the official Celebration Europe Cantina band 2007) - hehe, hopefully next year we'll get defend our title (and maybe get over to Celebration 5!!).

11. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    You guys were great. So glad you won!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.