main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Captain and Pilot - Part 2 (Mara Jade DDC16)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tarsier, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Title: Captain and Pilot (a Mara Jade diary) - Part 2

Author: Tarsier

Timeframe: ~12 ABY AU

Characters: Primary: Mara, Dankin; Secondary: Karrde, Luke, Callista, Lando

Summary: Under Karrde's guidance, Mara starts her own two-person company.

Notes: For the Dear Diary Challenge 2016.

This diary is a continuation of my DDC14 diary, Captain and Pilot. You shouldn’t need to read that diary to understand this one, just know that Mara is currently running her own two-person company, under Karrde’s guidance, as part of her preparation to one day take over Karrde’s company.​

Occasionally, Dankin—the second person in the two-person company, the usual pilot of the Wild Karrde and current pilot of Mara’s ship, Jade’s Fire—will add to Mara’s entries. He will write in blue. It is possible other people may add on as well, and they will write in their own unique colors. Only Mara’s entries are counted for the “two updates a month” requirement of the challenge.​

I think Kahara is the only one who requested a tag. If anyone would like to be tagged or PM'd, please let me know. :)

Entry 1

New mission, new journal. The last journal met an abrupt end, the circumstances of which are not important.

Our new mission is on Baroonda. I will be investigating some activity that Karrde has gotten wind of and would like to know more about (the details of which I won’t record here). For the duration of the investigation, Dankin and I will be posing as shell collectors. We will be combing the beach for shells each morning and selling the shells in the market each afternoon (or Dankin will—while I work on covertly gathering intel).

I have to admit, I’m rather looking forward to this assignment. The last few assignment have involved certain…unpleasant aspects, which I hope will be absent here.

I still can’t believe what you did to the last journal. I really think you’re making too much of that tiny thing that happened at the Jedi Academy, Mara. Just tell people someone spiked the hot chocolate…
    -Dankin

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I haven't read your previous diary, but I love fics set in this time period with smuggler!Mara so looking forward to more.

Kahara, Tarsier and AzureAngel2 like this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, a Mara story. I would like to follow it when RL allows me to do so.

Kahara and Tarsier like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Wonderful! I like this timeframe also and Mara period! [face_love]

Kahara and Tarsier like this.