main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch Captain Howzer (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have a feeling this guy is gonna help in the end.however I want to see your thoughts as well

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This is Aqua Trooper, right? I think Howzer is going to go Order 66 mode in an episode or two and that'll be it for him. Chopper is definitely the wrong droid for brain surgery. He's too much of a Reg to be sixth ranger material and mesh with the Batchers. He seems strangely like a version of Dogma who is not a tightass.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. I don’t know I get major vibes that his chip doesn’t work

Riv_Shiel and Snafu55 like this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This guy could turn out to be darker than Crosshair. Since people around him are familiar with him. Howzer would have a lot more impact if he is the who executes a civilian and becomes the catalyst to war. Even seen FMA:B or read the Manga? It could be kind of like Envy disguised as an Amestrian soldier executing a child which starts a conflict that ultimately leads to genecide. The Bad Batch may be used to brand someone they come into contact with as a traitor. Imagine if Howzer executes Hera's mother?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  5. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    He's the only imperial clone besides crosshair we know that goes by a name and not a number right?

Also, he's the only clone with his armor still painted and his own individual haircut and personality.

Is his chip just not working like rex mentioned?

This leaves me a lot of interesting possible plot points for other order 66 stories where some rare individual clone's have their chips not work when order 66 is happening and watching their other members of their unit do something they find unspeakable.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was wondering who he was; if his name rang a bell from an old TCW episode. It is strange that he has...feelings of apprehension...while still under the influence of the inhibitor chip. It's not possible he's an enhanced clone that we didn't know about before, right?

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if Howzer may have originally been part of Mace Windu's legion of troops in "Liberty of Ryloth". His mannerisms and personality remind me vaguely of Mace in a good mood. Dogma but less a tight ass sums that up nicely. Maybe he was left behind on that arc and became the head honcho clone of Ryloth's security. He seems like Cham's very own Captain Rex which is interesting since the former is a freedom fighter and not part of the GAR. Taa should have Coruscant Guard with him for his own security, right?

Hera and Chopper are on their own. I wonder who they would know to contact. Makes sense the chip isn't working because someone is going to have to call for help and it may well be Howzer. He takes a dim view to Rampart's orders to hunt Hera which is wise because Hunter will definitely take exception to a Reg who harms a child and Omega's new friend later.

I think it's just not activated somehow yet. Like he just didn't get the memo or wasn't around a Jedi that needed murdering at the time. My prediction remains Order 66 will be activated on Howzer during the next few episodes.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Howzer's personality resurfacing kind of reminds me of Commander Grey experiencing regret after Executing Order 66 in the comic book, where he later ensures Caleb escapes by blowing up his ship. Whereas Styles seemed to take a sadistic glee in carrying out the order. Different clones seem to have reacted to the order differently.

Snafu55 likes this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think the obvious answer to why Howzer seems more normal and why he never had to execute Order 66 is simply because his general, Cham, wasn't a Jedi.

Watcherwithin likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's interesting this guy's Pauldron is on the opposite shoulder to Rex's among other clones. The Clones are left-handed. I wonder if Howzer has some defect where he is right-handed or this is symbolism. TCW always made a point that when dealing with other clones, clones do so with their right hands.

Snafu55 likes this.
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    how long until somebody creates a meme about him with the Indiana U logo, calling him Captain Hoosier

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They should have went all the way and called him captain Howitzer

Commander DuctTape likes this.
  13. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    He's only been in one episode and I think Howzer might already be my favourite character on this show lol I felt strangely nostalgic when he was on screen because, even though he's a brand new character, he's more like the clones I remember from TCW than either Clone Force 99 or the mind-controlled clones.

I'm really curious about how he is seemingly free from the effects of Order 66. At first I thought it meant that Order 66 wasn't complete mind control, but only kicked in in the presence of a Jedi. Then I remembered Crosshair and how his chip seems to have almost completely taken over him and he was mutated so the chip might not effect him as much as a "reg". Then I remembered the speculation that Crosshair might be acting of his own volition (and we even see a head wound around where his chip would have been). There's definitely some ambiguity at the moment where inhibitor chips and Order 66 is concerned. I like the mystery of it for now. I just hope it will all make sense in the end.

silentfault likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It was nice to get some TCW style jumping around to change points of view. The Bad Batch may turn out to be a term for the early rebellion. Howzer is cool. It was nice to see him. I'm not ready to be putting him up there with Rex, Cut, Fives, Hardcase, Jesse, Waxer, Keeli, Ponds, Boost, Sinker, and all the other clones I love. I have to see where they go with him. Maybe I'm in the minority but I like CF99 as the main characters. I don't mind their a little different on the outside. On the inside, in their heart. They aren't really any different than the Regs. The Bad Batch still feels like one long clone arc to me.

The Bad Batch are at the end of the day clone troopers bred for battle, bred to die for the Republic. Still discovery their own individuality. That's always been at the core of Clones' stories. But now the Republic doesn't exist. Rex has always been far wiser and free-thinking than these guys which is why CF99 respects him. The Bad Batch isn't always going to be Mercenaries. They just need some interesting characters to bounce off of and force them to change their views just like how Rex developed throughout The Clone Wars. Domino Squad collectively was always more interesting than Rex. That's what Hera, Cham, and this guy Howzer are going to provide.

Charmbracelet likes this.
  15. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Well, there's something going on and it's hard to miss. He just looks really cool, kind of a next level clone model, and aqua is a new thing. It'll be interesting to see where they go with him.

16. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Best clone in the show, no doubt. Indeed, brings back TCW days and normal clones. Not over the top, feels like a real person, subtle. Interesting personality, compassionate, knows something is up, yet has to reluctantly carry out orders. By far the most intriguing character in the show, imo.
    And he looks very cool :cool:
    Although it's weird seeing a clone with a pauldron, but without a kama. Perhaps some new Imperial dress code, huh?

cwustudent and GunganSlayer like this.
  17. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    As Darskpine pointed out above, not every clone ended up carrying out order 66 cause not all of them were under the command of a jedi, or had a jedi in their general vicinity. Ryloth is a great example for this actually, as clones were deployed practically all over that planet. Howzer could have been part of an AT-AT crew or something who were ordered to stay behind on Ryloth after its liberation to help with security. There's definitely a reason he got his own very unique model though... I'd be very surprised if he wasn't around for long.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They just love dropping bridges on clones so that's probably why they introduced him. Seriously all the old reoccurring clone ocs are gone so I'm glad to see new ones.

19. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Boil is still alive, isn't he?
    There are also plenty of movie clones, but they just ignore them. Cody, Bly, Bacara, Neyo, Thire, etc. Guess they just don't want to focus on the clones who executed order 66, which is a huge wasted opportunity, imo.

Snafu55 likes this.
  20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Boil is alive and this would be a perfect arc for him. Cody and Bly would be best in an episode with Rex. I don't think the inhibitor chip storyline is over. Howzer seems normal by every observation. It makes the blink and you miss it moment in "Bounty Lost" where Tech is holding the inhibitor chip scanner while he is sleeping seem less random.

Why include that when these guys don't have them anymore? Probably because Tech is still monitoring himself in case the chip regenerates for something like that. Maybe it will be used again on Howzer. He may have a bigger role than it seems. Someone is going to have to recognize Clone Force 99 just like when they arrived on Kaller. Who better to call Hunter out on the mercenary **** than a random Reg.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh it totally is. I do really hope we see Cody

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Cody is the one I could most easily see popping up, sooner than later. But while the Bad Batch seems to have been buddies with him, that has the most impact with Rex. Rex has to be in an episode like that.

23. calcmandan

calcmandan Jedi Master

Nov 28, 2012
    I thought Cody executed order 66, albeit unsuccessfully. Do you think he will appear and somehow get his chip removed?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I thought Howser was there just to cement the clones as generally good guys with a conscience, in contrast to the new treacherousness from the Empire? I'd like to see more of him too.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He did. Friends killing friends. In Rebels when General Kenobi comes up it's a sad moment for Rex who probably thinks Cody killed him. That's why there is plenty of potential in Cody popping back up in this era and more so having a confrontation with Rex. The 212th was in "Innocents of Ryloth" in TCW so this is as good a place as any for him to pop up. Hopefully, Boil too.

Howzer just seems too normal though. Like a typical reg Captain who could have been in any episode of The Clone Wars. There should be an interesting story behind that. Howzer could be pivotal to this arc. Like does his chip work, does it not, or did it never activate? What happens next? Maybe, he is like Crosshair and his normal personality shines through the inhibitor chip. Crosshair's normal personality was always being a jerkass. This guy's normal personality is being really nice.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    DannyD likes this.