main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Captain's Word Post TFA Short Story featuring Lost Stars. Part 5/X Updated July 23, 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DARTH_MU, Jun 24, 2017.

1. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Title: Captain's Word
    Author: Darth Mu
    Characters: Ciena Ree/Thane Kyrell, Thane Kyrell/Kendy Idele
    Genre: Humor, Angst, Action
    Timeline: POST TFA
    Summary: What happens after Lost Stars?
    Note: I just read Lost Stars by Claudia Gray. I needed to write this fic just to get over all my feelings. #empiredidnothingwrong. #traitorsaredamned

[h2]Dramatis Personae[/h2]
    Ciena Ree Captain in the Imperial Navy. Serial Number LP 888 POW of New Republic.
    Thane Kyrell Lieutenant in the New Republic Navy Corona Squadron pilot. Call sign Corona 5.
    Kendy Idele Lieutenant in the New Republic Navy Corona Squadron pilot. Retired
    Jude Kyrell nee Akimovon, Captain in the New Republic Navy, Pulsar Squadron. Call Sign Pulsar 2. Wife of Dak Kyrell.
    Dak Kyrell Captain in the New Republic Army. Assault Trooper. Serial Number 557-AC-6. Husband of Jude Kyrell. Son of Thane Kyrell and Kendy Idele.
    Vrittni Kyrell Child. Daughter of Dak and Jude Kyrell

Captain's Word

It has been five months and two days, but the date for Ciena Ree’s final sentencing was at hand.

“Bring out the accused.” The fat judge, a woman named Germoz, looked bored, and out of shape. Thane sat down in the public viewing area along with the rest of the interested viewers. His fellow Corona squadron members were among them, for Thane’s sake. Thane had been told by Mon Mothma herself that it was a mere formality. His life long friend and love, Ciena Ree would be quickly sentenced and released, having time served and having performed the mandatory supervised community service.

Ciena was brought out by two New Republic bailiffs, each holding one of her arms as they half dragged and half carried her, and violently put her onto the orange accused chair. She looked dazed and lethargic, not a shred of her usual energy and intensity was in that shell. But the thing that Thane noticed that told him something was terribly wrong was the fact that Ciena was wearing a threadbare grey Imperial uniform instead of the standard New Republic department of corrections outfit.

“What’s going on?” Thane tried to stand up, but Kendy had already put her left hand on his arm. “Shhh. Stay calm.” What happened to treating her very well?

“In light of the undeniable fact that the accused, Ciena Ree, holding the serial number El Pee Eight Eight Eight and the rank of Captain in the Navy of the Empire, refused numerous opportunity to recant for her war crimes, or to offer any intelligence on the movement of the Empire, the unanimous ruling of the Provisional Council of the New Republic is that she be indefinitely--”

Fruits and rotten balls of debris were thrown toward Ciena, most of them found themselves on the floor, but a few morsels hit her body. The Imperial captain moved her hands slowly to shake off the worst of the scraps. Two mouse droids zoomed in to clean.

Thane shook free of Kendy’s hold, and to the terror and panic of his fellow members of the public, pushed and pulled bodies out of the way in his quest for the courtroom floor.

“--enied trial by jury.”

Thane refused to believe his ears as he run down the steps.

“And now, the accused will be given her final chance to admit her crimes and offer actionable intelligence. The New Republic Provisional Council will accordingly adjust her sentence. The judge’s voice was full of sugar, “What says you?”

“Ga, Ge, Go get Ker Kriffed!” Ciena’s reply, despite being almost a whisper, was heard by the entire court room due to the microphone forced on her face by the flying court droid.

“I see.” The honourable judge Germoz adjusted her body weight on her chair. “Very well.”

“You are accused of the follow--

“STOP THIS TRAVESTY AT ONCE!” Roared Thane, he was four steps away from Ciena when arms gripped his body and pushed him down on the floor in a tight Muunyak smash.

“Thuh... Thing, Thane.” Ciena tried to stand herself, but Germoz was already steadily standing up, spits frothed on the right side of her thin mouth. She started attempt to jump up and down. “Ket this Imp lahver out of my court room!”

“Now, the following war crimes.” The judge paused as bailiffs pulled Thane away. “WAHR CRIMES were committed by you, Gaptain Ree--”

The two bailiffs pulled the struggling Thane out of the court auditorium and into the lift. Finally they threw him out of the building. Before they closed the doors, one of them, Hakdor, looked apologetic. “Sorry Lieutenant, but-- you just best move on. Thanks for cooperating.”

Twenty five years later.

“And that’s when Ban Salo boarded Marquess Gee’s ship the Imposer, took it over, crashed it onto the planet, and KILLED the evil Empress!” Jude Kyrell was telling her daughter Vrittni a bed time story.

“YAY!” Vrittni jumped on the bed. And what happened next?”

“Once the battle of Kajju was won, and the Empress was dead, Ban Salo and Princess Leia Orkane got married and happily ever after, just like your papa and me.” Jude adjusted her daughter’s pillow.

“Really? They are as happy as you and Da?” Vrittni asked her mother.

“Yes. Exactly like your father and me, now, good night, sweetie.” Jude kissed her daughter lightly on the forehead.

“But I’m not even,” Vrittni yawned, “sleepy yet, I want another story. A longer one.”

“Of course dear, A very long time ago, there was a powerful Jedi Knight who liked to tell stories in his new academy. He would begin thus: The stories always went like this: A very long time ago, there was a powerful Jedi Knight who liked to tell stories in his new academy. He would begin thus: The stories always went like this: A very long time ago, there was a powerful Jedi Knight who liked to tell stories in his new academy. He would begin thus: The stories always went like this: A very long time ago, there was a powerful Jedi Knight who liked to tell stories in his new academy. He would begin thus: The stories always went like this: A very long time ago, there was...”

Jude put the starhawk blankie up to her daughter’s shoulder, turned on the night light, and left Vrittni’s room.

“Vritt finally asleep?” Dak Kyrell turned himself so that he’s looking at his wife.

“Finally, It took two stories.” Jude laid down on the bed and grabbed a corner of the coverlet.

“Oh come on! Stop hogging.” Dak pulled the coverlet toward himself. “I distinctly heard one and a half story.”

“I earned the coverlet.” Jude kissed her husband. “It’s mine!”

“Why don’t we sha--”

“MAMA!” Vrittni screamed via the communicator.

“We got to disconnect the thing.” Jude groaned, “We gotta.” She turned on the bed. “Dak, it’s your turn.”

“DADADA--!”

The communicator suddenly stopped transmitting Vrittni’s screams, and instead generated klaxons.

Klaxons meant something terrible has happened and all military personnel is being contacted via their home communication console. It meant reporting for duty to the nearest depot as soon as possible.

The two sat up from the bed immediately and started getting dressed. Two minutes flat later both of them were in their uniforms. Jude was in a pilot fatigue, while Dak had put on his assault trooper armour.

“I’ll call Savamtha to babysit.” Jude started to punching numbers on the communication pad.

“Hi, Auntie Tormaor! Is Savamtha home? Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know. No, don’t worry, you make sure she gets plenty of rest. Thank you. Good bye.” Jude turned to her husband. “The usual babysitter is sick, she’s no go. I don’t know how we can get a babysitter on short notice.”

“Let me try my mother.” Dak said.

“Oh, come on! Remember the last time Kendy babysat?! The whole house smelled of blaster and slugthrower powder!” Jude crossed her arms. “I’m sure Vrittni was scared half to d--.”

“The Kendy you spoke of, is our mother. Your own mother in law and you will show her the basic of respects by calling her mother instead of--” Dak’s face was flushed and getting redder by the second. “She hasn’t been the same since my father died, she can’t--.”

Jude raised her hands up in surrender. “Go ahead and call her.”

Dak grumbled and turned to the holonet console.

“Not the holone--” But it was too late, Kendy accepted the connection after the first beep.

“DAK! How are you?” Kendy, or mother, was still the same, with dark green hair crowning her head. This time she decided to wear it long. “Are you still with that horrible Bespian woman?”

“Hi Mom!” Jude waved, wincing when thinking about the holonet cost.

“Hm...” Kend-- She meant MOM, squinted her eyes, and said, I suppose with the Hosnian Prime destroyed you want me --”

“WHAT!” Jude and Dak cried in unison! “What happened?!”

“You don’t know?”

“MAMA!” Vrittni took the most importune time to scream again. Mom’s eyes were slit now. Are you two taking care of my little nugget? It’s her crying on the background isn’t it?”

“The reason we called. We are to report to the local military depot immediately.” Dak opened his arms wide in frustration. Mom. You are our only hope....”

“I’ll be there in twenty.” Mom signed off the holonet. Finally.

In twenty minutes exact Mom pushed the chime and Dak let her come in. Say what you will about the woman, she was punctual. As expected she brought the blaster rifle with her.

The blaster rifle! Jude just knew it! Why if Vrittni somehow got her hands on it no telling what may happen.

“You are called to the military depot because Hosnian Prime is gone. Every single ship docked or patrolling there is gone. If I was younger by half a year, they would have drafted me into service.” Mom moved quickly into the house, and hugging Vrittni who giggled. “So I’ll see you when this is over. Kick some Imp butt for me.”

The Two Kyrells opened their mouths but was unable to close them. “What are you waiting for? Go, git!”

While Jude was almost at the door, her husband beside her, she could have sworn she heard Vrittni asking her grandma, “What’s some imp butt?”

2. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [h2]Part 2[/h2]
    Inside the command centre was full of important people. Young Telk Antilles his direct boss, the bothan security chief Moris Mur’tinya, and even old man Davel Sunh, the chief of state liason to Dak Kyrell’s unit was present. Two dozen people he did not know filled the room. Dak Kyrell have no doubt his wife Jude was in a similar briefing room surrounded by cadre from the navy. listened to General Kalo Dinn as the old man talked.

“We know that someone destroyed the Hosnian Prime. Everything inside the system was lost, completely destroyed.” Dinn said simply.

“That’s impossible! Antilles said. It would take a death star to destroy the planet, and the entire fleet would take care of it.”

Dinn looked uncomfortable. “Nevertheless it’s true. Moreover, no one is able to raise Admiral Reedus or Ackbar since the attack. “Leia Organa and her so called Resistance claimed it was completely destroyed, and that First Order was responsible. She says her terrorist organization have destroyed the so called Starkiller ba--.” Dinn was still speaking when Mur’tinya interrupted him.

“Preposterous! The First Order is peaceful. They have no heavy weapons. You can’t trust the daughter of Darth Vader himself! Besides, I resent any implication of my spies being incompetent!” The bothan’s fur rippled as he stood up and headed to the door.”

“Please remain seated, chief Mur’tinya.” Dinn spoke softly. “No one is implying anything regarding our hard working intelligence service. The bothan mumbled but did return to his seat.

“We have requisitioned one old Mon Calamari liner from moss ball facility Nine Six Besh. It is very old and was condemned for various mechanical problems. But with the theoretical loss of the entire fleet means that it is the only ship available. It will get here by skeleton crew drafted from all over the sector. Colonel Antilles?”

“The 609th Army will be under my direct command, Telk Antilles spoke, turning his head toward Dak and nodded once, “Captain Kyrell will be my second in command taking over the 47th division. The 50th division under Captain Z’hokun will be joining us in two days. Once the ship Island One dock with us at 0350 five days from now, the entire 609th will start boarding and bring all heavy equipment in. If everything goes on schedule we should finish that day at 1330. Once we have our own blaster rifles and walkers tucked in, we will help help of pilots of Liberation Squadron with any problems they may have with their T-99 X-Wings.” Antilles sat down onto his seat.

Dinn stood up and addressed everyone. “By my watch it is now 1945, I want everyone to report to their dropships at Day 5+ at 0000. Good luck! Kiss your husband and wives.”

This can’t be happening, Jude Kyrell thought. It’s a bad dream. Grandaunt Maillah is on Hosnian Prime in her garden right now. Greatniece Java just turned 12...

“And the mechanical corp will get Island One ready to launch fifteen hours after it dock in five days at 0350. Reminder again everyone should spend a day or two get acquainted with your new R6 unit astromech droids. If, however, you would like your old R5 unit for this mission, the engineering crew can make exceptions. Sign up flimsi will be posted on the bulkhead here. Admiral Trusovel?”

“We still are unable to raise Hosnian Prime or any of the ships docked their or patrolling in that sector. I want to remind us that scout ships have been sent out and will give us confirmation whether the entire system is destroyed in about two days time. Before we do get confirmation, we need to give some credence to what General, I mean, Resistant leader Leia Organa said regarding this Starkiller Base for the time being.”

“Once the Island One gets here, Liberation Squadron with their X-Wings and Dexterous Squadron with their B-Wings will dock with it. Our target is to have every snub fighter on board dock at 1345 so that the cruiser ready to launch at 1500 Day 5.”

“Security will need to be tighter than usual, because some of the flight crew for Island One is actually drafted from civilian sources due to the lack of experienced military personnel. I am personally against bringing civilians into possible military situations, but we have no choice, the older Mon Cal luxury liners from which Island One was retrofitted needed a bridge crew and engineering personnel of of 1350.” Admiral Dyrk Trusovel finally took his seat again.

“Any questions? Then report to the hangar for your fighters 0000 hours Day+ 5. It is now 2130. Everyone fix your chronometer. May the Force be with you.”

“You sure you don’t like my stories?” Kendy asked her granddaughter Vrittni, tickling her.

“No. Mama’s stories are the best! There is always” Vrittni laughed and rolled, “an evil Empress in them! And ships go boom!”

“Evil Empress? Ships exploding? What kind of stories are your mother telling you?” Kendy pretended to be mad, but there was a smile on her face.

“That remind me, time for your dinner. What do you normally eat?

“Duck ice crackers!” Kendy glared at her granddaughter. She smiled, and told the truth. “Mama and Da have been trying to get me to eat something called Brike. It taste awful. Can I please have duck ice crackers for dinner? Please!”

“Maybe just this once, where are they?” Kendy walked into the kitchen, she was followed by Vrittni.

“I don’t know.

“Do you know where the Brike is?” Kendy asked, opening the cold generating fridge and started to rummage through the vegetables and fruits, at last she found the Brike beside the blue milk.

Kendy switched on the power for the food processor, a blue light told her the thing was on. She started to put in the ingredient into the pot and stirred. She thought about Hosnian Prime, and maybe the whole fleet. She wanted to join Dak and the Force forbid, her no good daughter in law and bring the feeling of terror down Imperial throat. She was too old, by two months. All five recruitment officer told her so. Kendy stirred some more.

That’s when Vrittni started crying. Her small fingers pointed to the outside of the habitat.

Someone was spraying kraffiti on the side bulkhead. His companion was throwing eggs at the Force field which served as an open window.

“HEY!” Kendy run to the door and opened the security box quickly and efficiently. Within half a minute she was outside of the house, blsater rifle butt set against her shoulder. She set the thing on stun and pulled the trigger with the barrel skyward, a warning shot.

The two ruffians screamed and run. A large kraffiti can and a box of eggs left forgotten on the ground.

Kendy quickly put the rifle back into the security box, locking it, and went out again to pick up the kraffiti can and the box of eggs. A couple was cracked, but most of the eggs were still okay. Maybe she can put it into the Brike stew.

She rose her head, dark green strands temporarily shaded her eyes. Then Kendy stopped cold. The feeling of cold wouldn’t go away in the Hetorm summer day.

FREEE Ell Imperial Political prisoners! The kraffiti wrote. FREEE Captain Cianna Ra

Vrittni kept on crying, the box of eggs dropped from Kendy’s hands, the kraffiti can rolled on the floor. She run back inside the house and hugged Vrittni close.

The five years old stopped crying, just as a the sound of hovercar stopped outside the house. The Kyrells were home.

“KENDY! WHAT DID YOU DO?”

“MOM!”

All Kendy heard was screaming.

3. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [h2]Part 3[/h2]
    Teron Germoz was dreaming.

It was a good dream. He became a Supreme Judge for the new Republic, like his mother before him. The master of ceremony was Mon Mothma herself, back from the dead, and attended by Admiral Ackbar and General Madine. Even the Jedi Luke Skywalker was there to congratulate him.

Then Teron woke up. He was the warden of Wrath special prison again.

“Babe, get that would you?” Teron turned in the huge bed he shared with his girlfriend.

His girlfriend. And his mom said no one would love him.

Kemmi Perrin, at least knew his worth. While Teron drowsed, his communicator was handed to him, followed by a peck on his cheek.

“Thank you dear,” Teron hugged the blonde, who muttered and went back to sleep.

“Warden Germoz.” Teron said.

“WHAT! WHEN?! HOW! I understand, sir. Yes sir. All guards will start boarding Island One as soon as possible. Release all prisoners and impress them as crew. Yes sir.” Teron started to shift his weight. The bed groaned. “What is it Terr?” Kemmi was rubbing her eyes, getting rid of the sleep.

“Something happened at Hosnian Prime. Director Mook doesn’t know exactgly what happened, but he want every special prison on high alert, and that includes us. We better cancel the lunch date with your father for this morning.”

“Ugh.” Kemmi moaned. “Give me a minute, and I’ll join you in the lounge.

Teron dressed as quickly as he could under the circumstances. He loved his mother, but she did pass on her body mass onto his brother and sister, and more importantly, him. The Germoz seemed to be cursed by obesity.

Ten minutes later, Teron was in the lounge, joined by Kemmi, in her official duty as the prison’s psychological counsellor. He pressed on the prison guards’ wide broadcast.

“Attentiion everyone, this is your warden speaking. First of all, I would like to thank you for your hard work with our guests. Only with your efforts can the guests become productive citizens of the New Republic again. Now, please gather all of our guests into the main hall. I will see all of you and the guests in exactly one hour.”

Teron turned to Kemmi, “That’s taken care of. We have one hour. Let’s have breakfast. The usual?”

“As if you can cook anything other than Commenorian cruncher. I’ll get the caf ready.

“Turn on the holonet.”

At least the warden of a special prison doesn’t need to worry about the expensive holonet fee. All perks of an official of the New Republic. If he can’t be a Surpreme Judge, he can at least--

“Rageous behaviour by rufficans!” A green haired woman with black skin was on the GCTHV news. “They have no respect! None at all! What is the New Republic coming to? A veteran’s home is--”

“But what do you say about the kraffiti’s message? Who is Captain Ra?”

“Who the kriff cares? These kreetles can’t even spell. I blame the education system! It shames me to say this, but the education of the Empire was better quali--”

“And that’s the part of the rant of an angry confused woman claiming to have fought in the galactic civil war. She claims to be a New Republic genuine hero who defected from the Empire with her entire battalion.” A female Rodian broafcaster reported.

“Thank you Danelioda. A male barabel’s face replaced that of the Rodian. Here is our three commentators: Councilor Mon Gortema from Chandrila. Admiral Dormisk Fay’dolya from Dorto, and finally our special guest, Demilia Germoz’ the Supreme Justice herself. Thank you for joining us, Supreme Justice. Let’s start with you. The kraffiti in question alleges the existence of a political prisoner, but surely--”

Mom?

Indeed it was Teron’s mom in all her solemn obese glory. She huffed, drank some water, and lifted a fat finger.

“Let me stop you right there. There is, and has never been any political prisoner after the surrender of the Empire. The prisoners of the New Republic are murderers, smugglers, and thieves. I have never sent anyone to prison based on their political background. I’m sure all my colleagues in the justice system is also fair and above political machinations. These allegations of any political prisoners rotting under some kind of torture is irresponsible and dangerous, not to mention ridiculous.” Teron’s mom huffed, and tried to catch her breath. Teron wasn’t sure if she was successful, her face getting redder by the second.

Mon Gortema simply said. “I’m more worried about the education quality of these kriffiti artists. They obviously can’t spell. I main they misspelled three words out of the entire message of less than half a dozen words. Cianna Ra? Anyone heard of someone called Cianna Ra? Did they misspell someone’s name too?”

The Barabel coughed after a half a minute. “General? You have been quiet. What’s your take on the situation?”

“The military have no comment at this time, other than to say all veterans are serving soldiers deserves all citizens’ respect..” The bothan glanced at Teron’s mom for longer than Teron was comfortable, and the Supreme Justice seemed to shake in her chair. Teron turned off the holonet.

The cruncher was burnt, but Teron Germoz had something else entirely in mind.

“Babe? I’m so sorry. I burnt the crunchers. Heat up some leftover huttza for yourself. I’m not hungry.

If only every words his mom said was true. Teron knew they weren’t.
    His communicator beeped again. His mom. Teron ignored it.

After his communicator kept beeping for half an hour, and if he didn’t answer it Teron feared the guards would hear the insistent beeping when being lectured on their assignment.

“What is it MOTHER? Whatever it is it better be more important than the entire fleet getting destroyed with the temprorary capital of the New Repub--”

“Shut up and listen.” Spittles was all over his mother’s red face.

During Teron’s discussion with his mother, he cussed, shook his head, and cussed some more, finally lowered his head and nodded. His mother was the one who disconnected the call.

He had a choice.

Teron finally decided on what he must do.

He went back to the lounge. Kemmi wasn’t there, but no matter.

“Everyone attention! This is Warden Germoz.” You will no longer be collecting the guests in one hour. The meeting is rescheduled for after five hours after. Set your chronometer. That is all.”

Teron walked into an unknown part of the prison, unknown even to the warden, imagine that. But apparently his mother did have connections. After five turns and some ladders, Teron found the droids exactly where his mother said they would be. He inputted the code, and the droids came alive.

Warden Germoz, pleasure to serve you. Follow us please.

Teron followed the half a dozen droids in a dream for what ended up being an hour. The droids stopped, and entered.

Inside the room was ten men and women of varioius age and skin color. One thing they had in common was their clothes were threadbare. Teron recognized the designs as Imperial by seeing the same thing in entertainment B-holovids

“It is time.” The droid with the red stripes on side of its head declared simply. “Stand up.”

Miraculously all ten prisoners, Imperials, Teron reminded himself. Xenophobic children enslaving Imperials, managed to stand straight. The head droid nodded in satisfaction.

All of the droids raised their rifles and aimed.

“Hold.” Teron found that the command came from his own mouth. The head droid turned slowly to him, but the droids did not fire.

“If one of you among you was at the battle of Jakku, step forward.”

Three women and one man came forward. A pale blonde, and a darker skinned woman, as well as a female in a hood.

One of you is lucky for immediately release. Not you sir. The droids fired and the man staggered and fell. Blood flowed from his thin mouth, gurgling sounds came, and stopped.

“Captain Cienna Ree! Leth Peth 888!” Teron screamed, expecting some kind of instinctual response from one of the three remaining women. Instead, nothing.

“I AM REE! Suddenly the woman standing on the right screeched, pushing herself in front of Teron was a pale woman with blonde hair, craze in her eyes. I’m the one you are looking for!”

“No! I am the ORIGINAL! “ This time it was a actually a black skinned woman coming from the left, but taller than even the droid holding the rifle against her chest, and that droid was already higher than Teron..

Teron nodded. The two Ree imposters fell at Teron’s feet. He wanted to vomit. But his mom’s orders were clear.

“What about you?” The last one.

“Kill me, you rebel terrorist.”

“As you wish.” Teron nodded to the droids, who got ready.

“No, I want you to do it yourself.” The woman said tersely, “if you got the guts.”

“Very well.” Teron shot her with his own blaster.

The body fell. The hood came off.

It was Kemmi.

There were six prisoners left, and all of them male.

On record there were ten ultra special guests. Four bodies.

But if that’s Kemmi, then where’s the missing prisoner?

Wait a minute!

KEMMI!

“GO GET A MEDIC IN HERE RIGHT NOW!” Even as Teron screamed for help he grabbed a blaster rifle from the nearest droid and started shooting wildly.

The air inside the stale room smelled of burnt flesh.

Teron’s could feel Kemmi’s chest slowly moving up and down. It stopped for five seconds, then started again. He was sure of it.

“MEDIC!”

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    What happens after Lost Stars?

They......find them?

Note: I'm only reading and reviewing because I'd probably get told off if I just left the pun.

So, Part 1

Kendy Udele is missing the letter 'u', somewhere in her Dramatis' description.

I was convinced that the courtroom scene was a dream once the rotten fruit started flying, and for concrit reasons, I'm not saying anything more about it, or the bedtime story stuff.

Stuff started to get good when the baby monitor changed from relaying the toddler's calls, to klaxons. I liked that it handled both frequencies.

Good interplay between the parents, and though Daz' reasoning as to why his wife should call Kendy something felt a bit rushed, I did like when she called "Hi Mom" over to the holonet, whilst the two were talking.

Nice tying all this in to Hosnian Prime, and the mother relaying to the two what had happened from TFA, including the extra detail about ships that were docked there.

I liked your attempt to make "Samantha" local, with "Savamtha".

Good hunt around for babysitter; good detail with Jude's reluctance to use Kendy, focussing on the woman's home smelling of gunpowder. Adds weight to her bringing her rife around. Needs an 'l'.

If someone blew up an allied planet, I'd bring a gun as well. You don't know what the protagonists' next move will be if that is their opener!

So, last half of Part 1, good stuff.

5. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    A review!!!!

Woot!

Honestly, I don't know why the book is called Lost Stars either....

My version of ebook calls her Kendy Idele, and the wook also calls her Idele, so you have another version? A translation for another language perhaps? Daramits? Did I misspell it somewhere in the story? Kendy Idele became Kendy Iudele in the posts? Wha?

Don't worry about concrit reasons in future posts. I put my names forward as wanting concrit in the official list. What I mean by putting my name in the list is that I don't actually mind people telling me your story didn't work, it sucks, your character is ooc, only a blah blah can write like that, etc. Go ahead and post any complaints people! I don't mind. If you are uncomfortable posting "suggestions" on the posts, then PM me or give me an email. My email is in the official concrit okay list.

also, sorry about any spelling errors.

Thank you.

6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [h2]Part 3.5[/h2]

“This is nerf poodoo.” Kendy muttered to herself as she applied another solvent onto the rag. “These ruffians have no respect.” She grunted as another letter finally disappeared from the transparent wall. Free Cianna Ra? Seriously? And that reporter! The gall!”

“Mom? You sure you don’t want Teekal to help.” Her son called from inside the house.

“If you can’t be bothered to help clean your own house, don’t send a droid.” Kendy grunted again the the name Cianna was gone at last. Cianna! If those no good kraffiteers meant whom Kendy thought they meant, they didn’t know how what they were doing at all! They spelled the words political prisoner right, but didn’t they know Kendy and her unit fought for the Rebellion precisely because there would be no political prisoners of their new society?

“Kraff it!” A large bead of sweat dropped into Kendy’s left eye. The unmistakable hum of a military chariot coming toward her was unmistakable. Someone was coming.

She didn’t need to wait long before a young man in a New Republic navy uniform was in front of her.

“Ma’am, be so good as to inform your master and mistress that New Republic have needs of their service. And that I have been send to...

Kendy stood up, closed her hands in vices and saw red. The boy in the smart uniform was saved only by the arrival of someone else.

The boy suddenly stood at attention. “I am Ensign Dreym, Sirs. I have your chariot ready, Captain Kyrell” Dreym saluted his son, held the salute for a two heartbeats, and gave a different style to Dak’s wife, “and Captain Kyrell, Sirs!”

“We are almost ready, ensign.” Dak came out of the house followed by his wife. He walked toward Kendy and gave Kendy a piece of flimsi.

This is Vrittni’s schedule. She goes to the local lydorm. It’s the Mon Dogeo youngling prep. I drew you a map. The lydorm usually sends a speeder vehicle at 0750 every morning, but it has been known to come as late as 0813. You need to pick her up at 1410, though. There is no speeder service at the end of the day. Budget cuts.”

Her daughter in law spoke up. “The Brike mix is in the galley. Just add some heat and it will be ready in quarter of an hour. The duck ice crackers Vrittni likes so much is actuall” Jude’s face was suddenly ashen, and she broke off and run back into the house.

“What is it?” Dak asked, and turned. But Kendy was already running. She found Vrittni sitting on sipping blue milk and pointing toward the back refresher.

“You all right? What’s happening?” Kendy knocked on the locked refresher door.

“I’m fine. I’ll be out in a moment.” Her daughter in law’s voice was muffled. The water was running. Dak was standing by Kendy now, a worried expression on his face.

“Love? You sure you are okay?”

With a hiss the refresher door slid open and Jude Kyrell walked out, her long brown hair wet, and her face shone red. Two or three freckles dotted her face, which Kendy never noticed before. She could also see the last of some spittles near her daughter in law’s lips.

“You have been having these mood swings.” Dak hugged his wife. “Maybe you should stay at the house today. Call Doctor M’orghenta. If everything checks out, you can still join me on the Island One before it launches.

“You bet, I’ll just need a cup of milk and a bit of rest. Must be that Zhumian eggs I ate for breakfast.”

Dak walked toward the entrance of the house. “I’ll tell the ensign you are not feeling well, and would need his services tomorrow, same time.

“See you tomorrow.” Jude walked toward her husband and kissed him good bye. “Good luck. Stay safe.”

“Hey! You know me!” Kendy’s son walked away and out of the house. Minutes later the sound of speeder powering up, and Dak Kyrell was gone.

Kendy picked up Vrittni and kissed her chubby cheeks. She turned to Jude, and said casually, “So, how far along are you?”

7. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I said her "line" was missing a 'u', not specifically her name. I know I should not assume, but I thought you would read along her line, and find that you put her in a sqadron instead of a squadron.

8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [face_beatup]

sorry

9. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [h2]Part 4[/h2]
    Dak Kyrell could not shake off the feeling something was wrong. Jude had joined him in the depot earlier than expected, wearing a ridiculous scarf that covered her face. Dak had never seen Jude wearing gloves in her life, and yet, when Dak saw her getting inside the the old T-61, the furred Commenorian leather hugged her hands like it belonged.

She also turned her face when Dak tried to kiss her good luck. Jude never did that.

Times like these, Dak really wished he had the Force. If he were a Jedi, he--

“You okay there, Captain?” the pilot asked.

Dak shook his head. “Don’t worry, I’m fine.”

“You have been acting distracted these couple of days.” Beri Sai commented.

“Who isn’t?” Dak asked the young lieutenant.

“Would you look that?” Dirk Suztel, Dak’s adjunct asked. The ancient Mon Calamarian cruiser would take up the entire viewport of the shuttle any second. These babies used to trade blows with the Empire’s most Stardestroyers.

“And the Republic’s last hope if what the rumours are true.” muttered Dak.

“Open a hailing channel, ensign.”

“You have hailing, Captain.”

The helms-woman clicked some buttons and turned the controls in front of her.

“This is shuttle Pesher, requesting docking authorization. Transmitting code.”

“Is zis zing on? How dah we accept ze authorization?” Someone in heavy Yaga Minor accent spoke.

Beri exchanged glances with Dak’s adjunct. Dirk shook his head beside Dak.

“Things maybe more desperate than we thought.” Dak said. “They may be crewing in docking bays with civilians and mercenaries. Give words to the troops. Be on our guards.”

Miraculously the intercom stuttered with the following message, this time in standard Coruscanti Basic, with a slight pleasant, familiar accent.

“Stand by for code decryption.”

The decryption only took two minutes, faster than Dak thought possible.

The same female voice returned. “Shuttle Pesher, be ready to start your landing. Coordinates are being sent to your shuttle. The shield will be lowered for Docking Bay 94. Island One Out.”

“Official Navy protocol. Word for word. Don’t see it every day. Someone knows what they are doing.” Dirk commented.

“Right.” Dak was deep in thought. That voice, that accent, Dak had heard it before. Long time ago. Where?

“Take us in, ensign.”

When the Pesher landed in Docking Bay 91 without a hitch, Dak managed release the breath he was holding.

“Welcome aboard, Captain Kyrell.” An old blue skinned Twi’lek in a old style commodore uniform held Dak’s hands. “I’m Commodore Yendor. They finally got me out of retirement. I served with your father, just call me Uncle Yendor.”

The Twi’lek released Dak’s hands, and asked, “How is the old Corona Four? How is Thane?

“Father’s well.” Dak lied. “Both of my parents are still healthy, thank the Force.”

“And what about you? Last I heard you were engaged to a Bespin woman? Lude? Rude? Or was it Hood?”

“Her name is Jude.” Dak explained, “Jude Kyrell. We have a daughter called Vrittni. My mother is babysitting her this moment while Jude and I serves on Island One.”

Yendor guffawed and held his stomach as he bent over.

“Someone telling a joke?” Somehow Beri was standing beside Dak and the still laughing Twi’lek.

“Thane, lad. Your mother is here!” The Twilek grinned, “the one at home is your wife. No way the Republic would let her anywhere near a potential battle. Vrittni is about to have a brother.”

Dak’s face turned ashen.

“Where is she?”

Everything makes sense now. The gloves, the scarf that covers her face, the kiss that was avoided.

“Where IS SHE?” Tell me you... You old TWI’lek!

“Let him go, Dak. LET HIM GO.”

Dak turned. “WHAT the KRIff, mom? Jude was coming. She called me via holonet! She had her flight suit on! She was just going to leave the house after drinking the headache medica--”

Dak narrowed his eyes. “We need to talk.”

“Yes. It’s time you knew everything.”

“What?” Dak was incredulous. “There’s more?”

“There’s more.” Kendy nodded.

10. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    [h2]Part 5[/h2]

“All pilots to their fighters. All pilots to their fighters.”

Kendy Idele adjusted the safety harness on the aged T-47. The conversation with Dak could have went better, a lot better. But that’s all behind her now. There is nothing more to be said. Nothing more Kendy could do.

The unfamiliar astromech beeped and whistled from the back. The R-12 is the most advanced model of the Republic, theoretically still in beta, and the only modern thing inside Island One.

“Derk, huh? My name is Kendy. I’ll be your pilot today.” Kendy looked at the screen as green letters scrolled down the small monitor.

“Dwwoop?”

“Nothing to serious. Jude is fine. Don’t worry.”

“Stand by for launch.” Mission control toned.

“How you doing Jude?” The on ship intercom cracked to life. “Ready to show these noobs how it’s really done?”

“You bet.” Kendy said, knowing the voice scrambler would take her voice and generate it so the rest of the squadron, and the whomever may be listening, heard Jude Kyrell’s voice.

“Get ready.” Kendy ordered. “Show time.”

She punched a few buttons and and worked the ancient controls. A few seconds later, the X-Wing came to life under her. It floated in the air, and Kendy noticed the fighter tended to lean toward port. She would need to constantly adjust mid flight.

“Launching bay shield done in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. All fighters, launch! Good hunting.”

“Pulsar squadron, the light is green. Go! Stay in formation delta zero during launch, and break into Borge Sah flower!”.

Kendy gunned the throttle. Derk squealed as the dual engines roared. She was free, back in space after nearly three decades. She followed the leader until the last second of delta zero, and She pulled the tab to bring the X-Wing into attack position, but the thing was stuck. Kendy’s X-Wing was stuck in cruise mode.

She had other stuff to worry about than the fact that there was no way for her fighter to fire at anything. Great, she might as well be a sitting duck.

For the first time, Kendy saw what was it that made Yendor launch all fighters. Almost directly in front of the aged Mon Calamari cruiser, was the Executor itself.

No, not the Executor, it was destroyed at the battle of Endor along with the second Death Star. It must be another entirely different command ship.

Right now, it looks like it also launched its entire corp. Swarms of Squints, Eyeballs, and some other TIE design Kendy never seen before.

No matter, let’s dance. Kendy thought.

“There’s too many of them!”

“Grent leader, you picked up a tail!”

“Belay that order! We hold the enemy right here. Don’t let--”

“It’s going to blow!”

The canopy of the X-Wing suddenly turned black. An explosion. But where? The enemy? Or the Island One?

“Derk, shut off all inter squad chatter. Intra squad communication only.”

“Beep and Whistle”

Derk, can you do anything to bring the wings into the correct position?

“Dwwoooooo.”

“Oh for the kriffing Force!” Kendy used the joystick in front of her to dodge the green laser by performing a corkscrew maneuver. Admonishing herself for forgetting to adjust for the port leaning quirks of the T-47.

The quirk Probably saved her life as Kendy saw the shadow of the turbolaser from an unknown source and the laser from the squint she must have picked up earlier.

Blinking the blindness away, Kendy talked to her droid as she tried to shake the squint.

“Okay, Derk, what if you bypass the safety on the hyperdrives and bring the weapons online?”

“Just do it! I don’t care if I have no shield. 40 percent is better than no weapons. Fine.”

Seconds later, Kendy nodded in satisfaction as the X-Wing’s two starboard lasers went online. At the same time shield went off. “Derk, get rid of the lights on the maintenance panel. It’s distracting.”

The squint kept following Kendy, but now that she is able to shoot back, things were different. She juked the joystick and turned the fighter to starboard. The Interceptor’s lasers missed her completely as it became the prey instead of the predator.

Kendy’s canopy filled with beeping. The targeting computer said the TIE inteceptor was inside the zone. Bye.

Nothing happened.

No red rays of red laser going forward to blow up the the TIE as it escaped.

Kendy cursed.

No shield, no weapons. Soon, probably no Kendy.

Kendy cursed some more, only stopping when the TIE interceptor came for another pass. She turned the useless X-Wing around, in a bid to crash and take the TIE Interceptor with her.

Before Kendy was able to close the distance, both of her engines shut down.

“Derk! What did you do?”

“Beep whistle beep beep beeep.”

There were two explosions. Kendy closed her eyes. The sounds of explosions kept on coming, and she was pretty sure the canopy itself was enveloped by continuous white light.

The intercom cracked.

“You okay? Pulsar Two? Jude? You with us?”

“I’m here. I’m here.” Kendy muttered through the fog and headache. “Corona Five standing by.”

“Jude?”