main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Carasynthia Dune (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @DarthRamRod

There's no issue in regards to discussing a recast for Cara Dune, but lets keep the cancel culture out of this thread. We've already dropped a couple of warnings on previous pages about it. And the thread has been locked because of it too.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I just don’t think the character is essential enough to the series to make recasting her worth the effort anyway. She played her part in the story’s development through the first two seasons, but it seems like it would be easy to just not have her around anymore going forward. She could just be off doing other things, without an explanation required, and their paths don’t cross again.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    @DarthRamRod if you want to discuss cancel culture there is a thread for it in the JCC.

Django Fett and cwustudent like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah that's the thing, they were kinda stretching it including her again in S2, especially when it was "lets pick up a random planet marshal for our Mission: Impossible to raid Gideon's ship". Whole big ole galaxy and all that jazz.

We still need the plot to bend over backwards to include Greef, though. Freakin' Carl Weathers! Heck, how about Mando has to cart around Greef in S3 because reasons.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Lulu Mars and EHT like this.
  6. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Season 2 kind of taught us that "the squad" was going to vary by episode and wouldn't always be who we expected. Like, we sort of expected the last few episodes to be "building a team", a Magnificent Seven thing that started with Boba and Fennec and then added Mayfeld and would inevitably include Greef... but Mayfeld was a one-and-done, Greef didn't come back, we picked Bo and Koska and Boba bailed before stuff really went down. I think it's part of the show's schtick, especially with its tight ship where spoilers are concerned, that you can't count on the guest cast. Aside from Bo, the entire rest of the guest cast could be gone next year, or any number of them from Frog Lady to The Paz Vizla might show back up... point being, if a character never shows back up, it's generally not even worth mentioning.

7. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I don't think the character should be punished for the sins of the "actress."

However, if they do decide to kill Cara off, they should have her take part in an insurrection against the New Republic. Her PTSD -- and lack of critical thinking skills -- makes her choose fascism over democracy. They can also say she caught rabies and dementia from her squirrel, the one she rescued, and then Din and Greef have to take her and the critter out.

Now, whoever they replace her with, whether Cara or a "Cara B," I hope this time they find someone who can move their face a bit to imitate real human "emotions." If not, perhaps Cara could be revealed to be a droid.

In fact, that would be a great solution. After Cara sees Din remove his helmet, she decides to remove her artificial skin. Then we can keep Cara around as the new droid sidekick.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm still hoping we'll see the purple Twi'lek and Clancy Brown's Devaronian again.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Yeah, I liked them more than Mayfeld in that episode, although Mayfeld was awesome in his return performance.

Jedi Knight Fett and Sarge like this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Huh? I'm pretty sure they're filming later this year, once The Book of Boba Fett has wrapped. That's what Favreau has said.

11. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Book of Fan Service comes out in October, so that would have filming for Mandalorian season 3 starting around that time. I over-shot a couple of months.

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    The Boba Fett show comes out in December, not October. And there is also zero connection between the release date of that show and the time at which they could start shooting The Mandalorian again. If they are using the same studio / stages to shoot, they can start doing the latter as soon as they have finished shooting the former. Any following post-production work has no effect on that at all.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Book of Fan Service", ok. :rolleyes:

Anyway, "wrap" means "end of production", not "once it has aired".

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean am not a huge Boba Fett fan either, give me Cad bane and Embo. But i think this show can give us alook inside the criminal underworld post ROTJ, the hutts, the black sun, the pykes and Crimson Dawn, who runs them now and how did they get weakened pre-TFA. More legendary bounty hunters and ndew ones. Could we get a post Maul storyline with Taloon like GL wanted, adark side user trained by the one sith turned crime lord.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I do have some perplexity about their choice of making two shows about a bounty hunter in armor right in the same period, but I won't judge before I see .

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well it looks like Mandalorian will now take front center with Mandalorians and Mandalore. probaly need to take out huge fleets of imperials.

18. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I mean, of course they'll do their best to make the two shows different enough, but it remains a rather unusual marketing strategy.

It's kind of like if Peter Jackson started advertising The Hobbit while the third movie of LoTR was about to come out. It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but definitely unusual.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  19. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Yeah, I checked a bit ago and techradar or something like that said season 3 starts production in April. I have no idea how reliable that site is. If that is the case then Cara probably wasn't going to be in it anyway.

20. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Without knowing anything about Cara's backstory I feel like a prequel series would be the favourable way to go at this point.

Maybe we'll see the story of young Cara explored in a show about Leia's early days (perhaps played by Millie Bobby Brown). Age-wise she would fit the archtype of an older rowdy sister or the "bad girl" your royal parents wouldn't allow you to play with. Or perhaps she trains Leia in combat. The destruction of Alderaan would factor into a later point of the show for which a recast of Cara could be introduced (or if Gina doesn't continue to burn all her bridges, a reintroduction).

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Cara Dune is wiped from the history books.

3sm1r likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Mando hasn’t been a bounty hunter since episode 3 of season 1 and Boba Fett isn’t just a mere bounty hunter now but the head of a huge crime syndicate. Really the only thing the same about the two characters now is they both wear Mandalorian armor. They’re two wildly different people.

23. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Fixed.

RetropME likes this.
  24. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    @Darth Chiznuk
    For the nerds they might be wildly different people but for the general public they're pretty much the same character.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No she isn't. Removed.

This is hardly the first time a character falls be the wayside due to an actors behaviour. Doesn't somehow erase the character from existance. If they somehow started to remove her from existing footage, then you would have a point. But that isn't going to happen,so she isn't being erased. They just won't use this character anymore (for the forseeable future), and that is something entirely different than erasing it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.